Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.
Comments
73,321 - 73,340 of 112,868 Comments Last updated 3 min ago

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

sickofit wrote:
<quoted text>LOL LOL./////ok he is so great that he never does anything of power...LOL....ok ok.....right...

god is a myth unless he proves himself your religion is just a cult...one based on hate and violence and bigotry.....YOU CAN KEEP IT HITLER.
Sickofits home town.

Spam:
The product has become part of many jokes and urban legends about mystery meat, which has made it part of pop culture and folklore.[3] Through a Monty Python sketch, in which Spam is portrayed as ubiquitous and inescapable, its name has come to be given to electronic spam, especially spam email.[4]

In 2007, the seven billionth can of Spam was sold.[5]

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

Yankee Yahoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Just certain ones, like Islam.
they use it, but christianity has its moments too.(same god they all worship, so go figure)

the recent christian religious cult movement agaisnt equal marrige in the US is a great example.

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
you actually told God they he was weak and pathetic if he didn't answer you?...lol
is that funnier than actrually thinking a myth would answer or was even there?

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

Thomas Robertson wrote:
I wrote:
Oh, the British have made significant contributions to the world?
That's wonderful!
Charles Idemi wrote:
I suppose that entitles the British to treat the Irish any way they please?
You are Anglophobic!
Find out what the IRA did to innocent souls.
I wrote:
Oh, I misunderstood!
I humbly apologize!
I thought you were arguing that British contributions to the world justified mistreatment of the Irish!
Instead, you were arguing that atrocities committed by the IRA justify mistreatment of the Irish.
Now please explain how atrocities committed by the IRA justify mistreatment of the Irish.
macumazahn wrote:
I can't wait to see this.
If he answers me this time,
he will probably switch to still a third subject.
Anyone want to make a bet?
Nope...

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

Yankee Yahoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh?
So Jesus gave you that impression, eh?
Not sacrifice, love, healing the sick, preaching of loving thy neighbor, and taking care of your family?
My, I think you are right. He would be hated by most gays, liberals, and the Media. You might be on to something!
just stating the fact that the bible points out about its mythical god..

“Fear is the Mind-Killer”

Level 1

Since: Jun 08

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

sickofit wrote:
<quoted text>
I am a Libertarian(REAL CONSERVATIVE). I love freedom and equality and justice for all...That is why religion to me is evil.
To me the government needs to be shrunk 70% and spend 70% less and get rid of 70% of laws...
Now what???
Ah, then I agree, but would raise those figures to %90.

God is also a Libertarian. If we obey his very limited laws, we don't need government, or all those silly taxes and regulations. God doesn't like taxes, or titles of nobility. Why, Adam and Eve could have lived the Libertarian dream forever, no clothes, sex whenever, living off the land, and enjoying life.

The problem is the secular Libertarian, such as yourself, is that your beliefs are ultimately based on two main sources.

Thomas Aquinas and his assertion that government is below the people, and subject to the people, and the Founders that agreed, though because mostly Protrestants, couldn't site their Catholic sources for Libertarianism (which is merely call Christianity and free will.) And Ayn Rand is the second source, practically the founder of the Libertarian Party and Reason Magazine, and friends of Reagan.

The problem with Ayn is that she was a Jew, and expressed her Jewish beliefs in secular terms, either wittingly or unwittingly.

Just examine your Libertarian motto. "I, for the love of my life, swear not to live for the sake of any other man, nor ask another man to live for mine."

Right?

We Christians sum it up slightly differently. I, for the love of God, swear not to live for any man, or ask any man to live for us.

Real conservative? Nay, Libertarians and Christians, and Jews, are radical liberals of the most extreme kind, REAL Liberals, not the fake pansies that demand special rights for gays and government officials.

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

Yankee Yahoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Then you are a victim of bad Catholicism for the last 150 years.
One, religion cannot be personal. If one knows the truth, then you have an obligation to share it, and enlighten others, which is exactly what Jesus taught. If you believe in God, then you'd be proclaiming that, and attempting to persuade others.
And a day will come when you will have to accept your cousin's honest attempt to save your soul and take him seriously, or admit that you despise him and his faith. Either your cousin is right, or he is wrong. There is no middle ground. Either you are right, or you are wrong, but your cousin has more than enough evidence to prove you are wrong ... if you but listen.
God bless.
Are you abgligated to share the truth that there is not one ipta of evidence that your god exists?

is lying to others part of the cult indoctrination?

Level 1

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

Kong_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, since "Science" does not respond to questions, I can only rely on the the HUNDREDS of THOUSANDS of PROFESSIONAL SCIENTISTS represented in my post that day in and day out that actually DO science.
Those PROFESSIONAL SCIENTISTS say that modern-day science FULLY supports evolution. As indicated in my post.
Twit.
Argument by authority?

In other words, logic fail ... again.

Sure, "professional" scientists support evolution. I never suggested otherwise.

But the actual application of the scientific principle does not support it. The model still doesn't work, and no amount of "professional" scientists can make a working model yet.

Got it? Good.

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

Yankee Yahoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Not at all. Adaptation cannot change a species from one to another. The adaptation is already a part of its existing nature and DNA. Adaptation has absolutely nothing to do with evolution.
You are either ignorant of evolution and the model, or lying. Which is it?
Sure it can. that is a driving force of evolution.
sickofit

Claremont, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Sickofits home town.
Spam:
The product has become part of many jokes and urban legends about mystery meat, which has made it part of pop culture and folklore.[3] Through a Monty Python sketch, in which Spam is portrayed as ubiquitous and inescapable, its name has come to be given to electronic spam, especially spam email.[4]
In 2007, the seven billionth can of Spam was sold.[5]
Your making fun of a gerat company that gives away tens of millions to charity and making fun of hard working people who earn a living.....TYPICAL NAZI PIG.

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Never said I was against science...just stating fact.
Sure, then what was your point?
Edgar

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Denny Crain wrote:
<quoted text>That is true. Look how they cooked the books on global warming to be politically correct.In 1973 they said were were on the edge of a new ice age. Man has very little to do with climate change
I have never once in my entire life seen such a ridiculous claim.

Hundreds of millions of buildings pushing out warm air into the atmosphere to cool their homes, exhaust burning from cars, wildfires, slash-and-burn deforestation, fuel jets darting around the skies, and you don't think that's gonna, at some point, heat up the Earth?

You must feel really comfortable in that mentality.

Level 1

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>they use it, but christianity has its moments too.(same god they all worship, so go figure)
the recent christian religious cult movement agaisnt equal marrige in the US is a great example.
Not at all. Islam is by far one of the most evil religions by any standard on earth.

Christianity is by far one of the most ethical, which has brought us human rights and democratic principles and science, as a matter of historical fact.

No, that is no such example at all. Marriage is not a right, but an institution that has evolved over thousands of years for the sake of children and the benefit of the species. Marriage is not a civil right, it is an evolutionary demand for making babies. The very word MARRIAGE means the state of being a MOTHER, for MOTHERHOOD is the center of concern, for which evolution has made the key ingredient for the perpetuation of the species.

What you just showed an example of is profound ignorance with regards to the purpose of marriage on a scientific level. Biased much? If anything, your notion of marriage is as primitive as the Romans or Greeks, where women were regarded as property, and marriage nothing more than a contract.

It is sickening to what extent politics and ideology goes against nature and science, from the eugenics programs, to abortion, and now to absurd attempts at social reconstruction ... as if anyone is qualified to out-evolve society.

How do you plead in your support of crimes against humanity?

Level 1

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>just stating the fact that the bible points out about its mythical god..
You mean you have factual proof that God is mythical?

Well, by Jupiter, let's hear it!

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Yankee Yahoo wrote:
<quoted text>
no facts that the mythical fgod in the bible is a vindictive little prick that would be in jail in today's world.
sickofit

Claremont, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Yankee Yahoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah, then I agree, but would raise those figures to %90.
God is also a Libertarian. If we obey his very limited laws, we don't need government, or all those silly taxes and regulations. God doesn't like taxes, or titles of nobility. Why, Adam and Eve could have lived the Libertarian dream forever, no clothes, sex whenever, living off the land, and enjoying life.
The problem is the secular Libertarian, such as yourself, is that your beliefs are ultimately based on two main sources.
Thomas Aquinas and his assertion that government is below the people, and subject to the people, and the Founders that agreed, though because mostly Protrestants, couldn't site their Catholic sources for Libertarianism (which is merely call Christianity and free will.) And Ayn Rand is the second source, practically the founder of the Libertarian Party and Reason Magazine, and friends of Reagan.
The problem with Ayn is that she was a Jew, and expressed her Jewish beliefs in secular terms, either wittingly or unwittingly.
Just examine your Libertarian motto. "I, for the love of my life, swear not to live for the sake of any other man, nor ask another man to live for mine."
Right?
We Christians sum it up slightly differently. I, for the love of God, swear not to live for any man, or ask any man to live for us.
Real conservative? Nay, Libertarians and Christians, and Jews, are radical liberals of the most extreme kind, REAL Liberals, not the fake pansies that demand special rights for gays and government officials.
Your god is a nazi pig...If he is even real....He is mean and if you dont bow down he smashes you..OH YEA SO NICE....NOT.......
Edgar

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

Yankee Yahoo wrote:
<quoted text>
So wait - you've just arrived to a claim and the way you intend to prove it's true is by exposing his lack of capability to prove that it isn't?

Sorry, but that doesn't fly in the world of experimentation. You don't just say "I think that toothbrushes are really high-intelligence robots planning to take over society," and then when people call it crazy, say, "Well prove it isn't true!"

You don't assume and then make others disprove your assumptions. You research and then come to a conclusion. That's why religion and science can never integrate. If you follow the Bible religiously then your mind is already made up. There's no room for experimenting. You can't expand from it.

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

Yankee Yahoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Argument by authority?
In other words, logic fail ... again.
Sure, "professional" scientists support evolution. I never suggested otherwise.
But the actual application of the scientific principle does not support it. The model still doesn't work, and no amount of "professional" scientists can make a working model yet.
Got it? Good.
Wrong.

Again.

"Argument from Authority" would have been a proper rebuke if I claimed that Chef Gordon Ramsay, said that science supported the Theory of Evolution, or that the Top Ten NASCAR drivers all supported the ToE. Providing they are not also considered experts in the biological sciences, then using them as "authorities" in that regard would be fallacious.

Instead YOU said that science didn't support the Theory of Evolution. Using the sources I provided showed without a doubt that science DOES support the Theory of Evolution.

I proved you wrong.

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>no facts that the mythical fgod in the bible is a vindictive little prick that would be in jail in today's world.
Punctuation in fun!

should be:

No, facts that the mythical god......

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Edgar wrote:
<quoted text>
So wait - you've just arrived to a claim and the way you intend to prove it's true is by exposing his lack of capability to prove that it isn't?
Sorry, but that doesn't fly in the world of experimentation. You don't just say "I think that toothbrushes are really high-intelligence robots planning to take over society," and then when people call it crazy, say, "Well prove it isn't true!"
You don't assume and then make others disprove your assumptions. You research and then come to a conclusion. That's why religion and science can never integrate. If you follow the Bible religiously then your mind is already made up. There's no room for experimenting. You can't expand from it.
the yahoo isn't real interested in science or facts or such.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••