Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.
Comments
73,281 - 73,300 of 113,144 Comments Last updated 12 min ago

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>an irish car bomb...wow...that's some high tech shit!
if you're so against science. i'm sure you don't use it in your everyday life, huh?
was your last post put up by a seance medium?
sheesh!
Never said I was against science...just stating fact.

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
they think that when you believe in a God that you're against science. they seem to have a flawed logic. so many scientists believe in God.

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Gobekli Tepe

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text>Furthermore, you also talked about neanderthals!
Now tell me, those fossils or bones discovered, how did you guys knew/ know it is a bone/ fossil belonging to the neanderthals?
Radiometric dating?
Who made that? Humans? Are humans perfect? No.
Please, Buddy, science has its own limitations.
No, radiometric dating is not used to determine what species bones come from. There is a whole science dedicated to bones. These people can look at a set of bones and tell you if they were male or female, if female, whether they had birthed babies or not, and a whole bunch of further things...just from looking at the bones.

Neanderthal bones are larger (diameter) and stronger, but shorter than the average Homo-sapiens. The skull is different in may ways and the brain pan is larger and held a bigger brain than humans and of course the DNA is different....much more different than the spread of DNA that modern humans carry around.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
they think that when you believe in a God that you're against science. they seem to have a flawed logic. so many scientists believe in God.
so true...it's quite baffling really...it seems if you question their theories about the big bang and the universe "creating" itself, that you somehow are denying that electricity makes your light bulb come on...lol

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
so true...it's quite baffling really...it seems if you question their theories about the big bang and the universe "creating" itself, that you somehow are denying that electricity makes your light bulb come on...lol
When you question the theories, you are being a scientist, but you do not, you outright ignore the facts and data and make a blind assertion without evidence then pretend that assertion answers all the questions.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
Um ... no, you are projecting here.
Jack

Darien, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
So god got it wrong in the bible?
Interesting.
You'd think he's know better.
You, not so much.
The bible just happened to be written by men. There is no evidence of anything in that book. That's all it is just a good storybook.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
When you question the theories, you are being a scientist, but you do not, you outright ignore the facts and data and make a blind assertion without evidence then pretend that assertion answers all the questions.
lol...seem to me, every time someone questions scientific theories on this thread, they are called fundamentalist and liars...not scientists as you suggest.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Many of your posts show that you are against science. You try to blame the tool for how it is used. If we did the same with Christianity would you cry foul?

Seriously let's see how much science you disagree with. If you are a YEC then you disagree with any science more recent than that of 300 years ago. Yep, YEC's don't like Newton since his mechanics says that the Solar System is billions of years old.

Are you an OEC, then we only have to throw out the science for the last 150 years. You might want to throw out just Darwin, but science does not work that way. The whole body of it is intertangled and tied together. Are you and IDiot, well since IDiocy is poorly defined you still would have to throw out, the last lets' call it 50 years of science. It might be more, it might be less. It just depends upon what sort of IDiot that you are.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
lol...seem to me, every time someone questions scientific theories on this thread, they are called fundamentalist and liars...not scientists as you suggest.
Well, when someone actually questions the theories instead of just spouting religious nonsense, they will not be regarded as a deluded imbecile.

“Leave That Thing Alone!”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
I have yet to see a fundamental christian on one of these threads actually question a scientific theory based on what that particular scientific theory actually states. The fundies are rather fond of combining 3 or 4 different theories and cramming them all together and lableing it "Evolution".

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, when someone actually questions the theories instead of just spouting religious nonsense, they will not be regarded as a deluded imbecile.
You assertion that people who perceive an intelligence behind the universe, are considered "deluded imbeciles" because of a higher awareness of reality...is quite ironic to say the least...lol

Level 5

above and beyond

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Um ... no, you are projecting here.
how exactly?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Many of your posts show that you are against science. You try to blame the tool for how it is used. If we did the same with Christianity would you cry foul?
Seriously let's see how much science you disagree with. If you are a YEC then you disagree with any science more recent than that of 300 years ago. Yep, YEC's don't like Newton since his mechanics says that the Solar System is billions of years old.
Are you an OEC, then we only have to throw out the science for the last 150 years. You might want to throw out just Darwin, but science does not work that way. The whole body of it is intertangled and tied together. Are you and IDiot, well since IDiocy is poorly defined you still would have to throw out, the last lets' call it 50 years of science. It might be more, it might be less. It just depends upon what sort of IDiot that you are.
really? show me one post that I said against science...I'll wait.
sickofit

Claremont, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
You assertion that people who perceive an intelligence behind the universe, are considered "deluded imbeciles" because of a higher awareness of reality...is quite ironic to say the least...lol
You believe in stuff that is not there and in myths and a fairytale.

How is your big daddy sky jew doing today..What has he said to you today??? last week??? last year???? WHAT YOU HAVE NEVER SO MUCH AS SEEN OR HEARD A SINGLE PEEP FROM HIM??????????

Ok two thousand years and no shred of prrof your cults god is real...HOW ABOUT SOME PROOF.

Level 5

above and beyond

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
and yet they can't figure out how life really started. They are so funny I should start to write it on an e-card. lol

Level 5

Taizhou, China

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

I wrote:

Oh, the British have made significant contributions to the world?
That's wonderful!

Charles Idemi wrote:

I suppose that entitles the British to treat the Irish any way they please?
You are Anglophobic!
Find out what the IRA did to innocent souls.

I wrote:

Oh, I misunderstood!
I humbly apologize!
I thought you were arguing that British contributions to the world justified mistreatment of the Irish!
Instead, you were arguing that atrocities committed by the IRA justify mistreatment of the Irish.
Now please explain how atrocities committed by the IRA justify mistreatment of the Irish.

macumazahn wrote:

I can't wait to see this.

If he answers me this time,
he will probably switch to still a third subject.
Anyone want to make a bet?

“Fear is the Mind-Killer”

Level 1

Since: Jun 08

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Thomas Robertson wrote:
Yankee Yahoo, if there is so much difference between a religion and a cult,
will you kindly explain that difference to us?
http://www.differencebetween.net/miscellaneou...

Or, check your local dictionary.

Level 1

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

Kong_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Lie.
A SMALL sample of scientific organizations that support the teaching of Evolution in public schools:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_scientif...
The American Association for the Advancement of Science is the world's largest general scientific society. The AAAS serves some 262 affiliated societies and academies of science, serving 10 million individuals. A 2002 statement states: "[T]he lack of scientific warrant for so-called 'intelligent design theory' makes it improper to include as a part of science education."[1]
A 2006 statement on the teaching of evolution: "Some bills seek to discredit evolution by emphasizing so-called "flaws" in the theory of evolution or "disagreements" within the scientific community. Others insist that teachers have absolute freedom within their classrooms and cannot be disciplined for teaching non-scientific “alternatives” to evolution. A number of bills require that students be taught to "critically analyze" evolution or to understand "the controversy." But there is no significant controversy within the scientific community about the validity of the theory of evolution. The current controversy surrounding the teaching of evolution is not a scientific one."[2]
American Association of University Professors is an organization of professors and other academics in the United States. AAUP membership is about 47,000, with over 500 local campus chapters and 39 state organizations.[4] "deplores efforts in local communities and by some state legislators to require teachers in public schools to treat evolution as merely a hypothesis or speculation, untested and unsubstantiated by the methods of science, and to require them to make students aware of an "intelligent-design hypothesis" to account for the origins of life. These initiatives not only violate the academic freedom of public school teachers, but can deny students an understanding of the overwhelming scientific consensus regarding evolution."[5]
American Astronomical Society is an American society of professional astronomers and other interested individuals, with over 7,000 members and six divisions. "Intelligent Design" fails to meet the basic definition of a scientific idea: its proponents do not present testable hypotheses and do not provide evidence for their views that can be verified or duplicated by subsequent researchers. Since "Intelligent Design" is not science, it does not belong in the science curriculum of the nation’s primary and secondary schools."[9]
American Chemical Society is a scientific society that supports scientific inquiry in the field of chemistry, with more than 164,000 members at all degree-levels and in all fields of chemistry, chemical engineering, and related fields. It is the world's largest scientific society and one of the leading sources of authoritative scientific information.[10] "urges... State and local education authorities to support high-quality science standards and curricula that affirm evolution as the only scientifically accepted explanation for the origin and diversity of species."[11]
American Geophysical Union The AGU represents over 43,000 Earth and space scientists. "Advocates of intelligent design believe that life on Earth is too complex to have evolved on its own and must therefore be the work of a designer. That is an untestable belief and, therefore, cannot qualify as a scientific theory." [12]
<<cont'd>>
Looks like I caught you lying.

Here is my post again:

I have no mythology.
Modern day science does not support evolution, no more than science supported flat-earth.

I stated SCIENCE, NOT A SCIENTIFIC ORGANIZATION, does not support evolution. Organizations are human, and easily influenced, and have agendas.

Level 1

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
So you make the claim now please advise of evidence (any evidence) that confirms religious beliefs?
There are 38000+ different cults of christianity, my betting is you are a member of one of those cults.
This is an Evolution v. Creation discussion, not a theological discussion on beliefs.

I make no claim. And I support neither evolution or creation, and neither has any scientific evidence, and all data is subject to alternative interpretations.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••