Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#77771 Feb 28, 2013
Thomas Robertson wrote:
I wrote:
Oh, the British have made significant contributions to the world?
That's wonderful!
Charles Idemi wrote:
I suppose that entitles the British to treat the Irish any way they please?
You are Anglophobic!
Find out what the IRA did to innocent souls.
Oh, I misunderstood!
I humbly apologize!
I thought you were arguing that British contributions to the world justified mistreatment of the Irish!
Instead, you were arguing that atrocities committed by the IRA justify mistreatment of the Irish.
Now please explain how atrocities committed by the IRA justify mistreatment of the Irish.
I can't wait to see this.

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Tempe, AZ.

#77772 Feb 28, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> I have told you before, you can not rule out the possibility of a first man and woman, why, because we all have parents, grand parents and the likes. So, by that you can not completely rule out the validity of the bible.
Your argument above makes no sense. I have told you before that there was a first man and women....just not like the Bible says. The real first man and women lived 200,000 years ago in Africa, along with Neanderthals, who were NOT humans.

The Neanderthal DNA is different than humans and their whole body structure was different in small ways.

“Time will tell...”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#77773 Feb 28, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>an irish car bomb...wow...that's some high tech shit!
if you're so against science. i'm sure you don't use it in your everyday life, huh?
was your last post put up by a seance medium?
sheesh!
Never said I was against science...just stating fact.

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

#77774 Feb 28, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
they think that when you believe in a God that you're against science. they seem to have a flawed logic. so many scientists believe in God.

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Tempe, AZ.

#77775 Feb 28, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text>Furthermore, you also talked about neanderthals!
Now tell me, those fossils or bones discovered, how did you guys knew/ know it is a bone/ fossil belonging to the neanderthals?
Radiometric dating?
Who made that? Humans? Are humans perfect? No.
Please, Buddy, science has its own limitations.
No, radiometric dating is not used to determine what species bones come from. There is a whole science dedicated to bones. These people can look at a set of bones and tell you if they were male or female, if female, whether they had birthed babies or not, and a whole bunch of further things...just from looking at the bones.

Neanderthal bones are larger (diameter) and stronger, but shorter than the average Homo-sapiens. The skull is different in may ways and the brain pan is larger and held a bigger brain than humans and of course the DNA is different....much more different than the spread of DNA that modern humans carry around.

“Time will tell...”

Location hidden

#77776 Feb 28, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
they think that when you believe in a God that you're against science. they seem to have a flawed logic. so many scientists believe in God.
so true...it's quite baffling really...it seems if you question their theories about the big bang and the universe "creating" itself, that you somehow are denying that electricity makes your light bulb come on...lol

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#77777 Feb 28, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
so true...it's quite baffling really...it seems if you question their theories about the big bang and the universe "creating" itself, that you somehow are denying that electricity makes your light bulb come on...lol
When you question the theories, you are being a scientist, but you do not, you outright ignore the facts and data and make a blind assertion without evidence then pretend that assertion answers all the questions.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

#77778 Feb 28, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
Um ... no, you are projecting here.
Jack

Darien, IL

#77779 Feb 28, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
So god got it wrong in the bible?
Interesting.
You'd think he's know better.
You, not so much.
The bible just happened to be written by men. There is no evidence of anything in that book. That's all it is just a good storybook.

“Time will tell...”

Location hidden

#77780 Feb 28, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
When you question the theories, you are being a scientist, but you do not, you outright ignore the facts and data and make a blind assertion without evidence then pretend that assertion answers all the questions.
lol...seem to me, every time someone questions scientific theories on this thread, they are called fundamentalist and liars...not scientists as you suggest.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#77781 Feb 28, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Many of your posts show that you are against science. You try to blame the tool for how it is used. If we did the same with Christianity would you cry foul?

Seriously let's see how much science you disagree with. If you are a YEC then you disagree with any science more recent than that of 300 years ago. Yep, YEC's don't like Newton since his mechanics says that the Solar System is billions of years old.

Are you an OEC, then we only have to throw out the science for the last 150 years. You might want to throw out just Darwin, but science does not work that way. The whole body of it is intertangled and tied together. Are you and IDiot, well since IDiocy is poorly defined you still would have to throw out, the last lets' call it 50 years of science. It might be more, it might be less. It just depends upon what sort of IDiot that you are.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

#77782 Feb 28, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
lol...seem to me, every time someone questions scientific theories on this thread, they are called fundamentalist and liars...not scientists as you suggest.
Well, when someone actually questions the theories instead of just spouting religious nonsense, they will not be regarded as a deluded imbecile.

“Leave That Thing Alone!”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#77783 Feb 28, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
I have yet to see a fundamental christian on one of these threads actually question a scientific theory based on what that particular scientific theory actually states. The fundies are rather fond of combining 3 or 4 different theories and cramming them all together and lableing it "Evolution".

“Time will tell...”

Location hidden

#77784 Feb 28, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, when someone actually questions the theories instead of just spouting religious nonsense, they will not be regarded as a deluded imbecile.
You assertion that people who perceive an intelligence behind the universe, are considered "deluded imbeciles" because of a higher awareness of reality...is quite ironic to say the least...lol

Level 5

above and beyond

#77785 Feb 28, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Um ... no, you are projecting here.
how exactly?

“Time will tell...”

Location hidden

#77786 Feb 28, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Many of your posts show that you are against science. You try to blame the tool for how it is used. If we did the same with Christianity would you cry foul?
Seriously let's see how much science you disagree with. If you are a YEC then you disagree with any science more recent than that of 300 years ago. Yep, YEC's don't like Newton since his mechanics says that the Solar System is billions of years old.
Are you an OEC, then we only have to throw out the science for the last 150 years. You might want to throw out just Darwin, but science does not work that way. The whole body of it is intertangled and tied together. Are you and IDiot, well since IDiocy is poorly defined you still would have to throw out, the last lets' call it 50 years of science. It might be more, it might be less. It just depends upon what sort of IDiot that you are.
really? show me one post that I said against science...I'll wait.
sickofit

Faribault, MN

#77787 Feb 28, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
You assertion that people who perceive an intelligence behind the universe, are considered "deluded imbeciles" because of a higher awareness of reality...is quite ironic to say the least...lol
You believe in stuff that is not there and in myths and a fairytale.

How is your big daddy sky jew doing today..What has he said to you today??? last week??? last year???? WHAT YOU HAVE NEVER SO MUCH AS SEEN OR HEARD A SINGLE PEEP FROM HIM??????????

Ok two thousand years and no shred of prrof your cults god is real...HOW ABOUT SOME PROOF.

Level 5

above and beyond

#77788 Feb 28, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
and yet they can't figure out how life really started. They are so funny I should start to write it on an e-card. lol

Level 5

Taizhou, China

#77789 Feb 28, 2013
I wrote:

Oh, the British have made significant contributions to the world?
That's wonderful!

Charles Idemi wrote:

I suppose that entitles the British to treat the Irish any way they please?
You are Anglophobic!
Find out what the IRA did to innocent souls.

I wrote:

Oh, I misunderstood!
I humbly apologize!
I thought you were arguing that British contributions to the world justified mistreatment of the Irish!
Instead, you were arguing that atrocities committed by the IRA justify mistreatment of the Irish.
Now please explain how atrocities committed by the IRA justify mistreatment of the Irish.

macumazahn wrote:

I can't wait to see this.

If he answers me this time,
he will probably switch to still a third subject.
Anyone want to make a bet?

“Fear is the Mind-Killer”

Level 1

Since: Jun 08

Albuquerque, NM

#77790 Feb 28, 2013
Thomas Robertson wrote:
Yankee Yahoo, if there is so much difference between a religion and a cult,
will you kindly explain that difference to us?
http://www.differencebetween.net/miscellaneou...

Or, check your local dictionary.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 5 min -Lea- 25,935
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 5 min Analog man 7,787
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 39 min TALLYHO 8541 37,768
Let's Play Song Titles With One Word? 40 min Princess Hey 441
4 Word Game (Use Same Letter) 50 min Princess Hey 294
Hawaii Blizzard 50 min Dr Wu 2
**4 Syllable Word A-Z** (Jul '12) 51 min 40ish 643
Woman Switches Seats on Plane, Spends 3 Days in... 1 hr Dr Wu 17
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 1 hr stray-cat 152,828
BAN(N) the P0STER Above you !!! (Feb '14) 6 hr andet1987 3,018