Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.
Comments
73,181 - 73,200 of 113,224 Comments Last updated 46 min ago
sickofit

Claremont, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> On the contrary, you are wrong.
The millions of Christian worshippers world wide will never agree to this.
Your minority, sick and God forsaken group can agree to your malicious position.
Ok have your god....I would never bow down to a egomaniac and nasty mean god like yours....GOT IT.....Lucky we live in a FREE nation and you nazi pigs cant force your cult on me.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey xxxoxxx, your new pic looks like the image of the book Masters of the Planet by Tattersall. I came across an old issue of Scientific American April 2012. Anyways the book is supposed to be about human origins. lol
You really are getting that connection whether consciously or subconsciously.
Just thought you should know.:-)
Interesting...I always thought that synchronicity would work better on a visual level, since pre-language thoughts would be processed through imaging.
Images, I would think have a closer link to the subconscious than the symbolic relationship of words, considering when we dream they are most exclusively in the form of images. I have heard some descriptions of the quantum field, that sound strangely like images seen in a dream...which may pertain to the connection of synchronicity...

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> On the contrary dreamer, we worship the living God.
yeah, sure...your mythical god is the same one worshipped by mulims.

that seems to upset you...why? isn't your religous cult all inclusive tolerant and shit?

guess that was just bullhockey, huh? 9just like your myth)
anonymous

Barberton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> He is confused and lost again, too bad.(Shrug).
No. I think you have everything in common. You just haven't given up on trying to profit from the collection plate.
anonymous

Barberton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Lost but found that has no name, oh i remember, Pierre!
Pierre, welcome back from your lost paradise.
Stinks!
You know that cursing me with the name "Pierre" isn't going to make me feel shame. I'm from W. Virginia on my dad's side and Newfoundland on my mom's side. If there was an accurate genetic ancestory check, I suspect that I have more diversity in my background than most. It just so happens that a solid part of me is Catholic Irish, and they ain't too cool with your blueblood Brits anymore than a Frenchman might be. Besides, I spent a good deal of time in southern France. They're great people.

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Judged:

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>Demons don't actually exist...
that's some nice 10th century thinking you have there, Chip.
If they don't, why do we dream moving from place to the other while our bodies are still sleeping on the bed.
Think!

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Judged:

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>no, chaz, that is exactly what your bible says. why don't you know about your own religious cult?
you must have some seriously weak faith...
Cult?
Christianity is not cult but a faith or believe in the teachings of Christ.
Get that, Buddy Wood.

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Judged:

thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
No, not yet, but we're seriously working on it. It won't be too long now.
Already disproved a lot of the Bible.
Wrong!
You or any one else can never disprove the word of God, impossible!
In the case of Genesis, there is an element of truth in the creation accounts unlike evolution.
Though, there are no concrete evidence for Adam and Eve, but one can not rule out the possibility of a first man and woman.

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Judged:

thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
And again, on the case of Noah's accounts and the flood, you guys still can not conclude that there was/ were nothing like flood in that region, so again, you guys have not completely disprove the bible.

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
And finally, Bill, the Exodus again, was/ is a story that you guys can completely disprove, you guys can not come to the final conclusions that there were no Israelite presence in the land of Egypt, there was.
So from all these premises, you guys can not conclude that the bible is completely wrong.
Don't challenge what you can not challenge or defeat.

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
Charles, the Neanderthals have been proven since the 1800's There is NO doubt about them at all. The fact that we carry some Neanderthal genes was proven in 2010 by DNA. So far I haven't heard of any controversy about the findings and that usually indicates that the scientists are accepting the findings.
Unless you can somehow merge the Biblical Adam and Eve into a scenario where they are created 200,000 plus years ago in Africa then they did not exist. As I said in the earlier post; mankind has been around much longer than 6,000 years and that is proven fact.
I have told you before, you can not rule out the possibility of a first man and woman, why, because we all have parents, grand parents and the likes. So, by that you can not completely rule out the validity of the bible.

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
Charles, the Neanderthals have been proven since the 1800's There is NO doubt about them at all. The fact that we carry some Neanderthal genes was proven in 2010 by DNA. So far I haven't heard of any controversy about the findings and that usually indicates that the scientists are accepting the findings.
Unless you can somehow merge the Biblical Adam and Eve into a scenario where they are created 200,000 plus years ago in Africa then they did not exist. As I said in the earlier post; mankind has been around much longer than 6,000 years and that is proven fact.
Furthermore, you also talked about neanderthals!
Now tell me, those fossils or bones discovered, how did you guys knew/ know it is a bone/ fossil belonging to the neanderthals?
Radiometric dating?
Who made that? Humans? Are humans perfect? No.
Please, Buddy, science has its own limitations.

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Judged:

thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
Lastly, exaggerations, manipulations, guesses, projections and the likes, in the name of science, can never be compared to eye witness accounts.
Period.

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

sickofit wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok have your god....I would never bow down to a egomaniac and nasty mean god like yours....GOT IT.....Lucky we live in a FREE nation and you nazi pigs cant force your cult on me.
Ofcourse!
That is the reason why you guys globally will ever be on the minority list.(Shrug).

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Judged:

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>yeah, sure...your mythical god is the same one worshipped by mulims.
that seems to upset you...why? isn't your religous cult all inclusive tolerant and shit?
guess that was just bullhockey, huh? 9just like your myth)
The bible is never a myth, but the truth.
Like i said, no one will completely say he has completely disprove all the biblical accounts from Genesis, Exodus and others.
Islam is a faith according to the muslims, this has nothing to do with us.

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
No. I think you have everything in common. You just haven't given up on trying to profit from the collection plate.
Answer this question, Bloke, does theist and atheist sounds alike or have the same meaning?

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>You know that cursing me with the name "Pierre" isn't going to make me feel shame. I'm from W. Virginia on my dad's side and Newfoundland on my mom's side. If there was an accurate genetic ancestory check, I suspect that I have more diversity in my background than most. It just so happens that a solid part of me is Catholic Irish, and they ain't too cool with your blueblood Brits anymore than a Frenchman might be. Besides, I spent a good deal of time in southern France. They're great people.
Point of correction, i don't but only responding to rash post.
I guessed right, you are French( Pierre).
The catholic Irish( south) should stop the mess. We are in an English world( industrialised by the Brits).

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Mohenjo Daro

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Judged:

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Wrong!
You or any one else can never disprove the word of God, impossible!
In the case of Genesis, there is an element of truth in the creation accounts unlike evolution.
Though, there are no concrete evidence for Adam and Eve, but one can not rule out the possibility of a first man and woman.
Yes Charles there was a first man and women...in Africa 200,000+- years ago. Both archaeology and DNA agree on this.

The creation account from the Bible does not hold up to scientific.
inquiry....at all.

Charles the word of God HAS been disproven. It is disproven by the parts of the Bible we CAN absolutely say are not true, and back up that with evidence.

Level 9

Mohenjo Daro

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Judged:

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Lastly, exaggerations, manipulations, guesses, projections and the likes, in the name of science, can never be compared to eye witness accounts.
Period.
That doesn't work anymore Charles. You cannot even prove your eyewitnesses in Christianity. In fact science has been able to disprove some of your Biblical people.

You are using a worthless creationist excuse that is not accepted by anyone anymore.

Level 9

Mohenjo Daro

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Judged:

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> The bible is never a myth, but the truth.
Like i said, no one will completely say he has completely disprove all the biblical accounts from Genesis, Exodus and others.
Islam is a faith according to the muslims, this has nothing to do with us.
We can and have disproven Adam and Eve, the Flood, the Tower of babel, the Exodus and Joshua killing all those people. Probably some other stuff I can't remember right now.

Isn't Allah just the Muslim word for God?? Doesn't the Koran have parts of the Bible in it...people and events??

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••