Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Tempe, AZ.

#77684 Feb 27, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Lastly, exaggerations, manipulations, guesses, projections and the likes, in the name of science, can never be compared to eye witness accounts.
Period.
That doesn't work anymore Charles. You cannot even prove your eyewitnesses in Christianity. In fact science has been able to disprove some of your Biblical people.

You are using a worthless creationist excuse that is not accepted by anyone anymore.

Level 9

Tempe, AZ.

#77685 Feb 27, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> The bible is never a myth, but the truth.
Like i said, no one will completely say he has completely disprove all the biblical accounts from Genesis, Exodus and others.
Islam is a faith according to the muslims, this has nothing to do with us.
We can and have disproven Adam and Eve, the Flood, the Tower of babel, the Exodus and Joshua killing all those people. Probably some other stuff I can't remember right now.

Isn't Allah just the Muslim word for God?? Doesn't the Koran have parts of the Bible in it...people and events??

Level 9

Tempe, AZ.

#77686 Feb 27, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> And finally, Bill, the Exodus again, was/ is a story that you guys can completely disprove, you guys can not come to the final conclusions that there were no Israelite presence in the land of Egypt, there was.
So from all these premises, you guys can not conclude that the bible is completely wrong.
Don't challenge what you can not challenge or defeat.
With a TOTAL and COMPLETE lack of any evidence at all for a Sinai desert crossing of a million plus people I think the Exodus is proven to be a religious myth. We have evidence of some Hebrews in Egypt but not a million plus and the Hebrews who we're their we're not slaves. The Exodus is toast.

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

#77687 Feb 27, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>Interesting...I always thought that synchronicity would work better on a visual level, since pre-language thoughts would be processed through imaging.
Images, I would think have a closer link to the subconscious than the symbolic relationship of words, considering when we dream they are most exclusively in the form of images. I have heard some descriptions of the quantum field, that sound strangely like images seen in a dream...which may pertain to the connection of synchronicity...
I agree. I think because we all can relate faster with images no matter what language we use to express them.

Level 5

Since: Apr 12

Taizhou, China

#77688 Feb 27, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
Christianity is not cult but a faith or believe in the teachings of Christ.
Get that, Buddy Wood.
That means it's not a cult?
Define "cult."

“Right click Left click Yay!”

Level 7

Since: Dec 10

Nehwon

#77689 Feb 27, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Lastly, exaggerations, manipulations, guesses, projections and the likes, in the name of science, can never be compared to eye witness accounts.
Period.
You do realize that "eyewitness accounts" can be notoriously unreliable.

If you disagree, then take the Easter Challenge. Reconcile the "eyewitness" accounts of the Resurrection of Jesus according to the Gospels.

Level 5

Taizhou, China

#77690 Feb 27, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
The catholic Irish( south) should stop the mess. We are in an English world( industrialised by the Brits).
So you have national prejudices!
How do you interpret the parable of the Good Samaritan?

“Right click Left click Yay!”

Level 7

Since: Dec 10

Nehwon

#77691 Feb 27, 2013
Thomas Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
That means it's not a cult?
Define "cult."
The question that should be asked is when does a cult become a religion?

Christianity started out as a Jesus cult. And take notice that Saul, the Christian hunter renamed to Paul, became the biggest influence on the church. And he wasn't even an Apostle.

I guess back in those days, they still needed a venture capitalist to get that business off the ground despite its communist ideals.

Nothing new under the sun, indeed.

Level 5

Taizhou, China

#77692 Feb 27, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
Demons don't actually exist...
that's some nice 10th century thinking you have there, Chip.

Charles Idemi saidL
If they don't, why do we dream moving from place to the other while our bodies are still sleeping on the bed.
Think!

Demons are responsible for dreams?

Genesis 20:3 says that God came to Abimelech in a dream.
I Kings 3:5 says that God came to Solomon in a dream.
Matthew 1:20 says that an angel appeared to Joseph in a dream.
Matthew 2:12 says that God warned the wise men in a dream not to return to Herod.

Genesis 41 says that Pharoah had a prophetic dream.
Daniel 7 says that Daniel had a prophetic dream.

How about Jacob's ladder, recounted in Genesis 28:12?

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#77693 Feb 28, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes Charles there was a first man and women...in Africa 200,000+- years ago. Both archaeology and DNA agree on this.
The creation account from the Bible does not hold up to scientific.
inquiry....at all.
Charles the word of God HAS been disproven. It is disproven by the parts of the Bible we CAN absolutely say are not true, and back up that with evidence.
For admitting that there was a first man and woman, you have admitted that, the bible is valid.

Level 2

Location hidden

#77694 Feb 28, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes Charles there was a first man and women...in Africa 200,000+- years ago. Both archaeology and DNA agree on this.
The creation account from the Bible does not hold up to scientific.
inquiry....at all.
Charles the word of God HAS been disproven. It is disproven by the parts of the Bible we CAN absolutely say are not true, and back up that with evidence.
And again, there is no basis for human from non human evolution. This makes creation's accounts to be generally acceptable.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#77695 Feb 28, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Cult?
Christianity is not cult but a faith or believe in the teachings of Christ.
Get that, Buddy Wood.
Yes, christianity IS a cult. it is the perfect example of a cult. it is the cult by which all other cults are measured.

St. Croix valley

#77696 Feb 28, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text>Furthermore, you also talked about neanderthals!
Now tell me, those fossils or bones discovered, how did you guys knew/ know it is a bone/ fossil belonging to the neanderthals?
Radiometric dating?
Who made that? Humans? Are humans perfect? No.
Please, Buddy, science has its own limitations.
Ummm..chuckie..we actually have a mummified/frozen body of a neandertal. real flesh and blood.(dried blood..) we have taken DNA from good ol Otzi, the frozen Neandertal and we know for a fact they were a different species than humans.

welcome to the 21st century chaz!

St. Croix valley

#77697 Feb 28, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> And again, there is no basis for human from non human evolution. This makes creation's accounts to be generally acceptable.
yes chuckie, there is lots of evidence of human from nonhuman evolution. a clear progression in the fossil record.

creationism has nothing. nada . squat. zilch.

this points out what a cult your religion truly is...it leads its adherents away from the truth of the real world.

Level 2

Location hidden

#77698 Feb 28, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
That doesn't work anymore Charles. You cannot even prove your eyewitnesses in Christianity. In fact science has been able to disprove some of your Biblical people.
You are using a worthless creationist excuse that is not accepted by anyone anymore.
You can not use machines under the guise of science to disprove an eye witness accounts.
Guesses or manipulations are nothing but worthless.
You are an atheist, that is it.

Level 2

Location hidden

#77699 Feb 28, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
We can and have disproven Adam and Eve, the Flood, the Tower of babel, the Exodus and Joshua killing all those people. Probably some other stuff I can't remember right now.
Isn't Allah just the Muslim word for God?? Doesn't the Koran have parts of the Bible in it...people and events??
Funny. The bible made mention of a first man and woman? Yes!
There was an evidence of a flood? Yes!
So, you really have no clue.

St. Croix valley

#77700 Feb 28, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> You can not use machines under the guise of science to disprove an eye witness accounts.
Guesses or manipulations are nothing but worthless.
You are an atheist, that is it.
Eye witness accounts are one of the least reliable forms of evidence, especially when they are recorded second hand or a generation later.

St. Croix valley

#77701 Feb 28, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> If they don't, why do we dream moving from place to the other while our bodies are still sleeping on the bed.
Think!
Demons are dreams?!? you really are off your meds, aren't you Chip?
LEARNER

New Albany, IN

#77702 Feb 28, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
So,Hell is essentially just your grave.
Doesn't the scriptures say the devil and his angels will be cast down into a bottomless pit that burns forever and it is a place of torment? People that do no go with Jesus when he returns will go with the devil and their souls will be in torment.

Level 2

Location hidden

#77703 Feb 28, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
With a TOTAL and COMPLETE lack of any evidence at all for a Sinai desert crossing of a million plus people I think the Exodus is proven to be a religious myth. We have evidence of some Hebrews in Egypt but not a million plus and the Hebrews who we're their we're not slaves. The Exodus is toast.
And i am telling you that, you can not rule out the israelites presence and exodus from the land, because there was.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Last 3 Letters into 3 new words. (Dec '08) 5 min andet1987 55,265
Funny!! Word association game. (Nov '13) 10 min wichita-rick 2,138
Word Association (Jun '10) 10 min andet1987 26,373
Create "short sentences using the last word" (Aug '12) 15 min andet1987 7,583
*add A word / drop a word* (Nov '12) 22 min andet1987 9,231
Food List (Aug '13) 29 min andet1987 1,337
WHAT???? A NEW word game? FOUR WORDS (Sep '08) 33 min andet1987 40,721
Let's Play Song Titles With One Word? 35 min wichita-rick 223
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 42 min wichita-rick 152,460
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 58 min Roy 25,663