Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.
Comments
73,101 - 73,120 of 114,570 Comments Last updated 8 min ago

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe there is scripture that says God is warlike, but I can't find it right now. I'll keep looking.
Of course all of this depends on God being real..:-)
Dreaming. That is the reason why we have, atheism and theism.
You can not rule either out.
Can you?

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

G'dansk

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Judged:

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Lol!
No. You can not rule out the possibility of a first man and woman.
Why Grandparents, great grand parents then?
Don't be obsessed.
Sorry charlie...Adam and Eve as written in the Bible is impossible. The 200,000 year old humans is an archaeological fact. The DNA evidence is fact. The small percentage of blood/genes of Neanderthals that all humans (except sub-Saharan Africans) carry is factual.

There is no factual evidence at all that humans were created 6,000 years ago...none. We know for a fact that 6,000 years ago there were millions of humans ALL over the earth...there is NO controversy over this fact...ALL scientists (and the science) whose work impinges on the matter agree.

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

G'dansk

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Dreaming. That is the reason why we have, atheism and theism.
You can not rule either out.
Can you?
Unless someone comes up with actual proof of God I rule out that one.

““You must not lose faith ”

Level 5

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Cybele wrote:
If there is God, where the HELL is he?
Hi, Cybele.

I wondered were people got the idea of heaven and heel.
And apart from interesting ideas in other cultures it simply comes down to translation errors and building on that.
Christinaity is like Windows. Get the base wrong and your forever fixing hick-ups.

The garden-paraiso-paradise (persian) on the plains-eden (Akkadian).'Messengers'* becoming angels with wings.
And Hell was Jerome misunderstanding heylel (hebrew) i Isaiah.
http://www.israelofgod.org/lucifer.htm

*Could frankly be any passer-by, the way the parables go is all about what the beholder attributes to them. And most often it is to dreams.

Obviously the gods are spread in any and everything, even since mankind (and maybe the dinosaurs, but ask Charles Idemi about that) cameup with attributions. Collective memory wouls also be a good one.

Level 5

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Judged:

FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>Where did Jesus say he was when he said the lords prayer? It is opposite to hell..I just wanted you to know that.
That is avoiding the question. Since when was a son o man ever the same as god.
Again translation trouble. This time from another persian dialect called Aramaic. That we are told Jesus spoke.
Son of god-son of governors. So either the actual son of an elder or alos an elder of the house of judges i.e. courthouse.

So if we can get all those wrong attributions out and stop borrowing and looking for confirmations of errors in the torah (adding insult to injury imo.), the story is nothing more but a report on the roman provinces.

Level 5

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Judged:

FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>Jesus is at the right hand of God the father in heaven. Jesus and the father are one. It is hard for many people to understand this.
The use of he word 'father' also comes from aramaic, so it's frankly silly to use a hebrew book to justify these notions.
You should look in Avestan ideas and the religion of Baal and the gang of Gad-Cybele (who started out as Cybeke a Hurrian queen) for the origin and explanation of christian ideas.
So NW syrian turf.

Right hand is symbolism for power. So you simply wrote that nametitle-jesus is at the power of god + added aramaic notion plus akkadian notion.

Level 5

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> No, that was just an in-complete defeat. No one can completely defeat the almighty God.
Adam and Eve sinned, but God raised Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, Joseph, Moses, etc, to fill in the gaps.
God can raise any body any time.
I always find it amazing how christians can get so many incompatible interpretations, antagonistic and contradicting points of view merged into one.

Ah well most lack theological education.(And i mean proper European. In America everyone can become priest/minister no need for at least greek, latin and hebrew and aramaic or mythological knowledge.)

“I started out with nothing”

Level 6

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Me too.
What???

Level 5

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> You don't understand any thing, do you?
Jesus Christ was the word or spirit, that became flesh to die for you .
And that became the catholic church.
So why does it not die for us!

It must be B.S. thus, since they never took the logical consequence all the way to the end.

Level 5

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Or we are to conclude that the catholic church considers itself the resurrected god.

And that would not be far from the truth, as from the chair speaking with the authority of god and thus being the word of god.

Revelation has therefore allready be fullfilled, in all their wars on, and calling others the anti-christ.
And how often have others not called them the beast-lamb with the seals broken.

Level 5

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
Saved from what??
If so we don't have to keep on fretting or swear some allegance to being saved.
It's either done or not.
Otherwise we have god wavering about, as if it's some petition to sign up YES/NO, and the outcome is pending on the committee's announcement after the count.

Level 6

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> As it ever occurred to you that several people before you, have said more than that/ this, but today the y are no more while the work of God to date, continues.
No one can stop God, except he or she one can stop death!
Impossible!!!
So you are unable to admit you are a liar, how very christian of you.

And you are still unable to show any proof, how very christian of you.

And I see you still have your fingers in your ears and chant la, la, la, la

Has it ever occurred to you that the vast majority of those doing that work for god since his invention (offshoot of the aten sun god) some 4000 years ago are also dead. Their constituent molecules and atoms are in the air you breathe, the food you eat and the water you bathe in.

And people are still staying that/this

Your belief in god makes not the slightest difference to fact

P.S.In the sweat of thy face shalt thou eat bread, till thou return unto the ground; for out of it wast thou taken: for dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return- Genesis 3:19 KJV

Just something for you to think about while you ponder god magic and the extent of life.
anonymous

Barberton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Judged:

Thomas Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know whether or not there is a god who is all-knowing, all-loving, and all-wise,
but I think that if there is such a god,
he would realize that that comment was destructive criticism,
and disapprove for that reason.
Charles is long lost in the his authoritarian interpretation of the Bible. He's reached that plebeian stage where he feels that he's paid his dues and that others MUST submit to subjugation or pay their dues in the school of hard knocks. If I didn't know better, I'd assume that he's the average American Joe from a run-down old neighborhood in the Northeast-Great Lakes area that was once populated by litigious union workers.

Still looking for a shred of insight or even self-awareness of his state of existence, but otherwise, there's not a quantum of useful information in anything he posts.
anonymous

Barberton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> There is a cause behind every action or a reason behind every action.
Read through the bible and see for yourself.
Don't condemn things you know nothing about.
Don't condemn things you know nothing about? Charles! You and sickofit DO have something in common after all!...But can't you find someplace private to engage in your rituals? You WILL do it. Even conservative congressmen eventually obey their master.

Don't worry. We'll provide you both with fancy Latin words so you can convince yourselves that you have scientific legitimacy, but only if you stop wandering around waiting for some poor fool to be stupid enough to invite you in.

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Judged:

thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry charlie...Adam and Eve as written in the Bible is impossible. The 200,000 year old humans is an archaeological fact. The DNA evidence is fact. The small percentage of blood/genes of Neanderthals that all humans (except sub-Saharan Africans) carry is factual.
There is no factual evidence at all that humans were created 6,000 years ago...none. We know for a fact that 6,000 years ago there were millions of humans ALL over the earth...there is NO controversy over this fact...ALL scientists (and the science) whose work impinges on the matter agree.
Neanderthal my foot. No concrete evidence confirming that guess(es).
You can not rule out that possibility of a first man and woman.
sickofit

Faribault, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> There is a cause behind every action or a reason behind every action.
Read through the bible and see for yourself.
Don't condemn things you know nothing about.
I have read bible front to back..YOUR GOD IS MEAN NASTY HATE FILLED AND BIGOTED.......He is also a egomaniac. His way or the highway do as he says or fry......EVEN IF YOUR CULT GOD IS REAL HE IS NOT WORTHY OF WORSHIP./

Level 6

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Neanderthal my foot. No concrete evidence confirming that guess(es).
You can not rule out that possibility of a first man and woman.
Yes there is, your ignorance does not change fact. The majority of the human race carries between 2% and 4% Neanderthal DNA
http://aurora.wells.edu/~jschnurr/Biol152/ch%...
http://bioinformatica.uab.es/base/documents%5...

The human female genetic line traced in mitochondrial dna is around 200,000 years old. The human male genetic line traced through the Y chromosome is around 120,000 years old.

Are you saying that the first man was in to some serious necrophilia?

Remember, this is DNA we are talking about, it is not a babble story, it is very accurate. The validity is good enough to prove murder and in some countries commit a person to execution.

“Up with which, I will not put”

Since: Jul 08

Sao Paulo

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> " Almighty ", is just a word.
God is a title for Yaweh, it is capitalised. Others are Elshaddai, Elohim, Rapha, Adonai, Nissi, Shekinah, etc, all in caps.
Almighty as it applies to God is a title (note the 'The' before it) and therefore should be capitalized.

Haggar the Horrible,
Alexandre the Great,
God the Almighty,
etc.

“I see quantum effects”

Level 2

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Judged:

thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe there is scripture that says God is warlike, but I can't find it right now. I'll keep looking.
Of course all of this depends on God being real..:-)
Well, jesus said this:

34 Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth.
I did not come to bring peace, but a sword.

“I see quantum effects”

Level 2

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Judged:

ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
What???
I forgot.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••