Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story

“I started out with nothing”

Level 6

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#77618 Feb 27, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> As it ever occurred to you that several people before you, have said more than that/ this, but today the y are no more while the work of God to date, continues.
No one can stop God, except he or she one can stop death!
Impossible!!!
So you are unable to admit you are a liar, how very christian of you.

And you are still unable to show any proof, how very christian of you.

And I see you still have your fingers in your ears and chant “la, la, la, la”

Has it ever occurred to you that the vast majority of those doing that work for god since his invention (offshoot of the aten sun god) some 4000 years ago are also dead. Their constituent molecules and atoms are in the air you breathe, the food you eat and the water you bathe in.

And people are still staying “that/this”

Your belief in god makes not the slightest difference to fact

P.S.“In the sweat of thy face shalt thou eat bread, till thou return unto the ground; for out of it wast thou taken: for dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return”- Genesis 3:19 KJV

Just something for you to think about while you ponder god magic and the extent of life.
anonymous

Barberton, OH

#77620 Feb 27, 2013
Thomas Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know whether or not there is a god who is all-knowing, all-loving, and all-wise,
but I think that if there is such a god,
he would realize that that comment was destructive criticism,
and disapprove for that reason.
Charles is long lost in the his authoritarian interpretation of the Bible. He's reached that plebeian stage where he feels that he's paid his dues and that others MUST submit to subjugation or pay their dues in the school of hard knocks. If I didn't know better, I'd assume that he's the average American Joe from a run-down old neighborhood in the Northeast-Great Lakes area that was once populated by litigious union workers.

Still looking for a shred of insight or even self-awareness of his state of existence, but otherwise, there's not a quantum of useful information in anything he posts.
anonymous

Barberton, OH

#77622 Feb 27, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> There is a cause behind every action or a reason behind every action.
Read through the bible and see for yourself.
Don't condemn things you know nothing about.
Don't condemn things you know nothing about? Charles! You and sickofit DO have something in common after all!...But can't you find someplace private to engage in your rituals? You WILL do it. Even conservative congressmen eventually obey their master.

Don't worry. We'll provide you both with fancy Latin words so you can convince yourselves that you have scientific legitimacy, but only if you stop wandering around waiting for some poor fool to be stupid enough to invite you in.

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#77623 Feb 27, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry charlie...Adam and Eve as written in the Bible is impossible. The 200,000 year old humans is an archaeological fact. The DNA evidence is fact. The small percentage of blood/genes of Neanderthals that all humans (except sub-Saharan Africans) carry is factual.
There is no factual evidence at all that humans were created 6,000 years ago...none. We know for a fact that 6,000 years ago there were millions of humans ALL over the earth...there is NO controversy over this fact...ALL scientists (and the science) whose work impinges on the matter agree.
Neanderthal my foot. No concrete evidence confirming that guess(es).
You can not rule out that possibility of a first man and woman.
sickofit

Faribault, MN

#77624 Feb 27, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> There is a cause behind every action or a reason behind every action.
Read through the bible and see for yourself.
Don't condemn things you know nothing about.
I have read bible front to back..YOUR GOD IS MEAN NASTY HATE FILLED AND BIGOTED.......He is also a egomaniac. His way or the highway do as he says or fry......EVEN IF YOUR CULT GOD IS REAL HE IS NOT WORTHY OF WORSHIP./

Level 6

#77625 Feb 27, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Neanderthal my foot. No concrete evidence confirming that guess(es).
You can not rule out that possibility of a first man and woman.
Yes there is, your ignorance does not change fact. The majority of the human race carries between 2% and 4% Neanderthal DNA
http://aurora.wells.edu/~jschnurr/Biol152/ch%...
http://bioinformatica.uab.es/base/documents%5...

The human female genetic line traced in mitochondrial dna is around 200,000 years old. The human male genetic line traced through the Y chromosome is around 120,000 years old.

Are you saying that the first man was in to some serious necrophilia?

Remember, this is DNA we are talking about, it is not a babble story, it is very accurate. The validity is good enough to prove murder and in some countries commit a person to execution.

“Up with which, I will not put”

Since: Jul 08

Sao Paulo

#77626 Feb 27, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> " Almighty ", is just a word.
God is a title for Yaweh, it is capitalised. Others are Elshaddai, Elohim, Rapha, Adonai, Nissi, Shekinah, etc, all in caps.
Almighty as it applies to God is a title (note the 'The' before it) and therefore should be capitalized.

Haggar the Horrible,
Alexandre the Great,
God the Almighty,
etc.

“I see quantum effects”

Level 2

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#77627 Feb 27, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe there is scripture that says God is warlike, but I can't find it right now. I'll keep looking.
Of course all of this depends on God being real..:-)
Well, jesus said this:

34 Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth.
I did not come to bring peace, but a sword.

“I see quantum effects”

Level 2

In the macro world.

#77628 Feb 27, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
What???
I forgot.
anonymous

Barberton, OH

#77629 Feb 27, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes there is, your ignorance does not change fact. The majority of the human race carries between 2% and 4% Neanderthal DNA
http://aurora.wells.edu/~jschnurr/Biol152/ch%...
http://bioinformatica.uab.es/base/documents%5...
The human female genetic line traced in mitochondrial dna is around 200,000 years old. The human male genetic line traced through the Y chromosome is around 120,000 years old.
Are you saying that the first man was in to some serious necrophilia?
Remember, this is DNA we are talking about, it is not a babble story, it is very accurate. The validity is good enough to prove murder and in some countries commit a person to execution.
For the sake of clarity, the current theory is that we have a percentage of Neanderthal DNA but the Neanderthals were a distinctly separate group from our early ancestors, often referred to as Homo Heidelbergensis. At some point in prehistory there was mating between our ancestors and the Neanderthals. As a result, we have snippets of Neanderthal DNA but no full chromosomes can be traced back to Neanderthal ancestry.

The "mitochondrial Eve" and "Y chromosomal Adam" are mere abstractions for reading entertainment in the Christian world. All they really represent is the newest genetic marker that all men or all women have in common that can be reasonably proven to have come from a single ancestor.

In truth, the mitochondrial Eve may have actually been a mutation that first occurred in a male, but had to be passed on to a daughter for it to propagate.

I just feel it's important to explain the mechanics before the train jumps the tracks. When the first tests of the Neanderthal genome were done, a lot of people were stating there was absolutely no Neanderthal genes within the modern gene pool. I don't know if the scientists were misheard or if they completely forgot about chromosomal crossover, but the announcements were flawed, and the current estimates may be flawed as well. The genome, human or otherwise, isn't particularly well mapped as yet.

Personally, I think the significance of mitochondria is underestimated as it may demonstrate extreme prejudice as to which traits do get retained from one generation to the next. In fact, I might propose that there is an inherent psychological prejudice in individuals that favors the maternal lineage, but a masculine "death wish"(bad wording, Freud always favored Mom anyway!)that favors infiltrating outside groups with one's offspring.

It's sort of like comparing the 2000's with the 1960's. Both cultures were incredible boorish in their own way.:o)

Level 6

#77630 Feb 27, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
I forgot.
Me too – what can I say???

“I see quantum effects”

Level 2

In the macro world.

#77631 Feb 27, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Me too – what can I say???
Well...you could make something up.

It's a common practice here.

Level 6

#77632 Feb 27, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL

Nope not me and from what I read, not you. But I agree that it’s rife among a certain sect.

Level 6

#77633 Feb 27, 2013
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
For the sake of clarity, the current theory is that we have a percentage of Neanderthal DNA but the Neanderthals were a distinctly separate group from our early ancestors, often referred to as Homo Heidelbergensis. At some point in prehistory there was mating between our ancestors and the Neanderthals. As a result, we have snippets of Neanderthal DNA but no full chromosomes can be traced back to Neanderthal ancestry.
The "mitochondrial Eve" and "Y chromosomal Adam" are mere abstractions for reading entertainment in the Christian world. All they really represent is the newest genetic marker that all men or all women have in common that can be reasonably proven to have come from a single ancestor.
In truth, the mitochondrial Eve may have actually been a mutation that first occurred in a male, but had to be passed on to a daughter for it to propagate.
I just feel it's important to explain the mechanics before the train jumps the tracks. When the first tests of the Neanderthal genome were done, a lot of people were stating there was absolutely no Neanderthal genes within the modern gene pool. I don't know if the scientists were misheard or if they completely forgot about chromosomal crossover, but the announcements were flawed, and the current estimates may be flawed as well. The genome, human or otherwise, isn't particularly well mapped as yet.
Personally, I think the significance of mitochondria is underestimated as it may demonstrate extreme prejudice as to which traits do get retained from one generation to the next. In fact, I might propose that there is an inherent psychological prejudice in individuals that favors the maternal lineage, but a masculine "death wish"(bad wording, Freud always favored Mom anyway!)that favors infiltrating outside groups with one's offspring.
It's sort of like comparing the 2000's with the 1960's. Both cultures were incredible boorish in their own way.:o)
My post was perhaps badly worded, stating that “The human male genetic line traced through the Y chromosome is around 120,000 years old.” Does not mean the male line started then but the current Y-chromosome found in modern humans can be traced back to that date.

Yes we have some small percentage of Neanderthal DNA, as for complete chromosomes I don’t know.

mtDNA can be dated to one woman (name unknown) who lived around 200,000 years ago the term Eve was coined for christian consumption.

I don’t know

To an extent, Dr Jim Wilson of Edinburgh Uni http://www.orcades.ed.ac.uk/ and Centre for Population Health Sciences http://www.cphs.mvm.ed.ac.uk/people/staffProf... indicates that between 2% and 3% Neanderthal DNA is common in humans rising to almost 4% is some cases. As far as I know his is amongst the latest published research.

Mitochondria tells us a lot,(as does the Y chromosome) http://www.bradshawfoundation.com/journey/eve... This is not a particularly well laid out page but it’s interesting

“I see quantum effects”

Level 2

In the macro world.

#77634 Feb 27, 2013
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Charles is long lost in the his authoritarian interpretation of the Bible. He's reached that plebeian stage where he feels that he's paid his dues and that others MUST submit to subjugation or pay their dues in the school of hard knocks. If I didn't know better, I'd assume that he's the average American Joe from a run-down old neighborhood in the Northeast-Great Lakes area that was once populated by litigious union workers.
Still looking for a shred of insight or even self-awareness of his state of existence, but otherwise, there's not a quantum of useful information in anything he posts.
That was certainly apt and concise.

Great post!

“Up with which, I will not put”

Since: Jul 08

Sao Paulo

#77635 Feb 27, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
I used to be agnostic. Until I realized I was God.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#77636 Feb 27, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> That is just the way they see God, but we Christians sees God in a different light.
Islam is a religion influenced by Judaism blended with Arabic culture.
Same mythical god that you worship...

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#77637 Feb 27, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> That is the just the way the muslims see God, but God is never warlike.
Initially, that was what the Hebrews thought about God until their re-orientations. The muslims are still holding to the old form of viewing God, due to their Hebrew's influence.
that's what they thought about your mythical god because that is what the bible (supposedly your god's word) TOLD them to think about him!

funny how you would even toss aside your own mythical gods word if they do not suit your world view...

that's some pretty shallow faith you have there Chaz...

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

#77639 Feb 27, 2013
MAAT wrote:
<quoted text>Hi, Cybele.

I wondered were people got the idea of heaven and heel.
And apart from interesting ideas in other cultures it simply comes down to translation errors and building on that.
Christinaity is like Windows. Get the base wrong and your forever fixing hick-ups.

The garden-paraiso-paradise (persian) on the plains-eden (Akkadian).'Messengers'* becoming angels with wings.
And Hell was Jerome misunderstanding heylel (hebrew) i Isaiah.
http://www.israelofgod.org/lucifer.htm

*Could frankly be any passer-by, the way the parables go is all about what the beholder attributes to them. And most often it is to dreams.

Obviously the gods are spread in any and everything, even since mankind (and maybe the dinosaurs, but ask Charles Idemi about that) cameup with attributions. Collective memory wouls also be a good one.

I will agree that it could be error just like how people misinterpret god in the present time. But everything is based on interpretation and language can either be a barrier or a tool to make the connection. Right now I am speaking from experience of self awareness.

“I see quantum effects”

Level 2

In the macro world.

#77640 Feb 27, 2013
JM_Brazil wrote:
<quoted text>
I used to be agnostic. Until I realized I was God.
You can't be god.

I am.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What's your tip for the day? 10 min Debra27 1,063
Good Night Thread... (Nov '12) 11 min Debra27 937
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 15 min -Lea- 20,526
Last 3 Letters into 3 new words. (Dec '08) 17 min Debra27 54,587
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 28 min TALLYHO 8541 36,497
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 57 min Wolftracks 147,216
Favorite lines from a song (Mar '08) 2 hr liam cul8r 3,614
What Could Be Sweet,...? 7 hr SLY WEST 39
•••

Weird People Search