Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

#77560 Feb 26, 2013
Gotta go see you all in hell.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#77561 Feb 26, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
you should do some real research into where the concept of hell really came from, and what it really means....instead of just parroting what other people have told you.
i have, in fact. and aren't you just parroting my use of the term parroting? hmmm...

Why is it that the freethionkers know more about the religions of those that profess to be believers? is knowledge the death knell of the cults like yours? yes, yes it is...

St. Croix valley

#77562 Feb 26, 2013
Cybele wrote:
Gotta go see you all in hell.
C-ya..say hi to my friends!

St. Croix valley

#77563 Feb 26, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
And when was that written? And what generation are we in now? You don't even know what you are talking about.
So you have some different word of that god? do you get to make up the word of that god as you go?(yes, the cults do that all the time..)

St. Croix valley

#77564 Feb 26, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't even know what new age crap you're talking about
Look back on your descriptions of god and then you will know...

“All things considered”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#77565 Feb 26, 2013
sickofit wrote:
<quoted text>
He said have no god before me and do as i say or burn in pit of fire...OH YEA NICE GUY HE SOUNDS LIKE....NOT!!!!!!!!!!
God gives you free will...he will not make you do anything...
sickofit

Faribault, MN

#77566 Feb 26, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Yea he says he will. If you dont bow down and be a slave to him he will throw you into pit of fire....WHAT A NICE GOD YOUR CULT HAS....NOT!!!!!!!!!

St. Croix valley

#77567 Feb 26, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
So there is no plan for humanity or the universe or anything at all? just freewheelinfun for the whole family? your cult disagrees with that point...

“All things considered”

Location hidden

#77568 Feb 26, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>i have, in fact. and aren't you just parroting my use of the term parroting? hmmm...
Why is it that the freethionkers know more about the religions of those that profess to be believers? is knowledge the death knell of the cults like yours? yes, yes it is...
Your a materialist, raised in a materialist society, parroting materialist ideas, and claim to be a free thinker? what a joke.

“Geaux Tigers!”

Level 9

Down on the bayou

#77569 Feb 26, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>do you get to make up the word of that god as you go?
Catholics do it all the time.

St. Croix valley

#77570 Feb 26, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Your a materialist, raised in a materialist society, parroting materialist ideas, and claim to be a free thinker? what a joke.
"Juuuuust a bit outside. Tried for the corner and missed"

i live in the far north woods in a little shack off the grid. you really, really could not be more wrong.

it would seem you are the joke.

St. Croix valley

#77571 Feb 26, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Would you like to try again to explain how freethinkers know more abouyt the religion you profess to believe in?

would you care to talk about what you think hell is? you seem to be on a losing streak tonight, perhaps you should just hang it up and rethink your materialistic world view while watching your boobtube...

“All things considered”

Location hidden

#77572 Feb 26, 2013
Hell is translated from the Hebrew word sheol...

She'ol (pron.:/&#712;&#643;i &#720;o&#650;l/ SHEE-ohl or /&#712;&#643;i&#72 0;&#601;l/ SHEE-&#601;l; Hebrew &#1513;&#1456;&#14 73;&#1488;&#1493;& #1465;&#1500; &#702;l), translated as "grave", "pit", or "abode of the dead", is the Old Testament/Hebrew Bible's underworld, a place of darkness to which all the dead go, both the righteous and the unrighteous, regardless of the moral choices made in life, a place of stillness and darkness cut off from God.[1]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sheol

Ecclesiastes 9:5

4For to him that is joined to all the living there is hope: for a living dog is better than a dead lion. 5For the living know that they shall die: but the dead know not any thing, neither have they any more a reward; for the memory of them is forgotten. 6Also their love, and their hatred, and their envy, is now perished; neither have they any more a portion for ever in any thing that is done under the sun.

"but the dead no not anything"

The Hebrew concept of hell is not one of torture...but one of nothingness or death.

sickofit

Faribault, MN

#77573 Feb 26, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
She'ol (pron.:/&#712;&#643;i &#720;o&#650;l/ SHEE-ohl or /&#712;&#643;i&#72 0;&#601;l/ SHEE-&#601;l; Hebrew &#1513;&#1456;&#14 73;&#1488;&#1493;& #1465;&#1500; &#702;l), translated as "grave", "pit", or "abode of the dead", is the Old Testament/Hebrew Bible's underworld, a place of darkness to which all the dead go, both the righteous and the unrighteous, regardless of the moral choices made in life, a place of stillness and darkness cut off from God.[1]
4For to him that is joined to all the living there is hope: for a living dog is better than a dead lion. 5For the living know that they shall die: but the dead know not any thing, neither have they any more a reward; for the memory of them is forgotten. 6Also their love, and their hatred, and their envy, is now perished; neither have they any more a portion for ever in any thing that is done under the sun.
The Hebrew concept of hell is not one of torture...but one of nothingness or death.
Well would rather go into nothingness then spend all eternity bowing and signing a egomanics praises.

St. Croix valley

#77574 Feb 26, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
One could even throw in Dante's frosen hell as a summation of those...

again that would be your mythical god weilding some huge powere jsut to be vindictive to puny humans that didn't worship him properly..
yet you said god didn't do that...

please clarify the error in your theology.

“All things considered”

Location hidden

#77575 Feb 26, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>"Juuuuust a bit outside. Tried for the corner and missed"
i live in the far north woods in a little shack off the grid. you really, really could not be more wrong.
it would seem you are the joke.
so you were raised in the woods?...lol...never went to school?

“All things considered”

Location hidden

#77576 Feb 26, 2013
sickofit wrote:
<quoted text>
Well would rather go into nothingness then spend all eternity bowing and signing a egomanics praises.
free will gives you that choice...

But I must say your idea of heaven is quite archaic.

St. Croix valley

#77577 Feb 26, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
so you were raised in the woods?...lol...never went to school?
nope, i obviously went to a lot of really good schools. then i gave up on the materialistic life you probably lead.

this is why i can see through you lamne attempts at covering up the holes in your cults theology.

movie time for me...apparantly study time for you..

keep at it, the more you learn, the less you will be a cult member. the future is bright!

“All things considered”

Location hidden

#77578 Feb 26, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>One could even throw in Dante's frosen hell as a summation of those...
again that would be your mythical god weilding some huge powere jsut to be vindictive to puny humans that didn't worship him properly..
yet you said god didn't do that...
please clarify the error in your theology.
It seem to me the error is yours...like I said, do a little research.
sickofit

Faribault, MN

#77579 Feb 26, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
free will gives you that choice...
But I must say your idea of heaven is quite archaic.
So then the bible is archaic?? that is whee I took it from...Anyway god is not real adn even if he is I AM NOT A SLAVE AND WONT BOW DOWN AND GROVEL.....You can if you want...Not for me.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The BIZARRE reasons why men rape in India 29 min Spotted Girl 1,109
Police: Man in elf costume charged with DWI 39 min Spotted Girl 8
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 40 min wichita-rick 152,551
I Like..... (Mar '14) 1 hr UnderstandPeople 492
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 1 hr eleanorigby 37,729
Housewife convicted of frying husband (Mar '07) 1 hr Maverick 808 65
Top Deal Breakers in Relationships (Feb '13) 1 hr Maverick 808 963
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 1 hr Spirit67_ 7,617
Let's Play Song Titles With One Word? 2 hr wichita-rick 339
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 3 hr UnderstandPeople 25,749