Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 216947 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

65007noogard

“Geaux Tigers!”

Level 9

Since: Jun 12

Down on the bayou

#77569 Feb 26, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>do you get to make up the word of that god as you go?
Catholics do it all the time.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#77570 Feb 26, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Your a materialist, raised in a materialist society, parroting materialist ideas, and claim to be a free thinker? what a joke.
"Juuuuust a bit outside. Tried for the corner and missed"

i live in the far north woods in a little shack off the grid. you really, really could not be more wrong.

it would seem you are the joke.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#77571 Feb 26, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Your a materialist, raised in a materialist society, parroting materialist ideas, and claim to be a free thinker? what a joke.
Would you like to try again to explain how freethinkers know more abouyt the religion you profess to believe in?

would you care to talk about what you think hell is? you seem to be on a losing streak tonight, perhaps you should just hang it up and rethink your materialistic world view while watching your boobtube...

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#77572 Feb 26, 2013
Hell is translated from the Hebrew word sheol...

She'ol (pron.:/&#712;&#643;i &#720;o&#650;l/ SHEE-ohl or /&#712;&#643;i&#72 0;&#601;l/ SHEE-&#601;l; Hebrew &#1513;&#1456;&#14 73;&#1488;&#1493;& #1465;&#1500; Š&#702;ôl), translated as "grave", "pit", or "abode of the dead", is the Old Testament/Hebrew Bible's underworld, a place of darkness to which all the dead go, both the righteous and the unrighteous, regardless of the moral choices made in life, a place of stillness and darkness cut off from God.[1]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sheol

Ecclesiastes 9:5

4For to him that is joined to all the living there is hope: for a living dog is better than a dead lion. 5For the living know that they shall die: but the dead know not any thing, neither have they any more a reward; for the memory of them is forgotten. 6Also their love, and their hatred, and their envy, is now perished; neither have they any more a portion for ever in any thing that is done under the sun.

"but the dead no not anything"

The Hebrew concept of hell is not one of torture...but one of nothingness or death.

sickofit

Northfield, MN

#77573 Feb 26, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
Hell is translated from the Hebrew word sheol...
She'ol (pron.:/&#712;&#643;i &#720;o&#650;l/ SHEE-ohl or /&#712;&#643;i&#72 0;&#601;l/ SHEE-&#601;l; Hebrew &#1513;&#1456;&#14 73;&#1488;&#1493;& #1465;&#1500; Š&#702;ôl), translated as "grave", "pit", or "abode of the dead", is the Old Testament/Hebrew Bible's underworld, a place of darkness to which all the dead go, both the righteous and the unrighteous, regardless of the moral choices made in life, a place of stillness and darkness cut off from God.[1]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sheol
Ecclesiastes 9:5
4For to him that is joined to all the living there is hope: for a living dog is better than a dead lion. 5For the living know that they shall die: but the dead know not any thing, neither have they any more a reward; for the memory of them is forgotten. 6Also their love, and their hatred, and their envy, is now perished; neither have they any more a portion for ever in any thing that is done under the sun.
"but the dead no not anything"
The Hebrew concept of hell is not one of torture...but one of nothingness or death.
Well would rather go into nothingness then spend all eternity bowing and signing a egomanics praises.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#77574 Feb 26, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
Hell is translated from the Hebrew word sheol...
She'ol (pron.:/&#712;&#643;i &#720;o&#650;l/ SHEE-ohl or /&#712;&#643;i&#72 0;&#601;l/ SHEE-&#601;l; Hebrew &#1513;&#1456;&#14 73;&#1488;&#1493;& #1465;&#1500; Š&#702;ôl), translated as "grave", "pit", or "abode of the dead", is the Old Testament/Hebrew Bible's underworld, a place of darkness to which all the dead go, both the righteous and the unrighteous, regardless of the moral choices made in life, a place of stillness and darkness cut off from God.[1]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sheol
Ecclesiastes 9:5
4For to him that is joined to all the living there is hope: for a living dog is better than a dead lion. 5For the living know that they shall die: but the dead know not any thing, neither have they any more a reward; for the memory of them is forgotten. 6Also their love, and their hatred, and their envy, is now perished; neither have they any more a portion for ever in any thing that is done under the sun.
"but the dead no not anything"
The Hebrew concept of hell is not one of torture...but one of nothingness or death.
One could even throw in Dante's frosen hell as a summation of those...

again that would be your mythical god weilding some huge powere jsut to be vindictive to puny humans that didn't worship him properly..
yet you said god didn't do that...

please clarify the error in your theology.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#77575 Feb 26, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>"Juuuuust a bit outside. Tried for the corner and missed"
i live in the far north woods in a little shack off the grid. you really, really could not be more wrong.
it would seem you are the joke.
so you were raised in the woods?...lol...never went to school?

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#77576 Feb 26, 2013
sickofit wrote:
<quoted text>
Well would rather go into nothingness then spend all eternity bowing and signing a egomanics praises.
free will gives you that choice...

But I must say your idea of heaven is quite archaic.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#77577 Feb 26, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
so you were raised in the woods?...lol...never went to school?
nope, i obviously went to a lot of really good schools. then i gave up on the materialistic life you probably lead.

this is why i can see through you lamne attempts at covering up the holes in your cults theology.

movie time for me...apparantly study time for you..

keep at it, the more you learn, the less you will be a cult member. the future is bright!

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#77578 Feb 26, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>One could even throw in Dante's frosen hell as a summation of those...
again that would be your mythical god weilding some huge powere jsut to be vindictive to puny humans that didn't worship him properly..
yet you said god didn't do that...
please clarify the error in your theology.
It seem to me the error is yours...like I said, do a little research.
sickofit

Northfield, MN

#77579 Feb 26, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
free will gives you that choice...
But I must say your idea of heaven is quite archaic.
So then the bible is archaic?? that is whee I took it from...Anyway god is not real adn even if he is I AM NOT A SLAVE AND WONT BOW DOWN AND GROVEL.....You can if you want...Not for me.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#77580 Feb 26, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>So there is no plan for humanity or the universe or anything at all? just freewheelinfun for the whole family? your cult disagrees with that point...
Are you referring to the space time continuum, which contain the past present and future...a concept propagated by the bible thousands of years ago?

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#77581 Feb 26, 2013
"God is subtle but he is not malicious."

-Albert Einstein
sickofit

Northfield, MN

#77582 Feb 26, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
"God is subtle but he is not malicious."
-Albert Einstein
So flooding the world and killing people in that flood was so kind of him??? Also curseing man with sickness and hardship is so kind??? Also if dont follow his every word you are punished forever????

OH YEA WHAT A KIND GOD YOU HAVE THERE.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#77583 Feb 26, 2013
sickofit wrote:
<quoted text>
So flooding the world and killing people in that flood was so kind of him??? Also curseing man with sickness and hardship is so kind??? Also if dont follow his every word you are punished forever????
OH YEA WHAT A KIND GOD YOU HAVE THERE.
"Give the devil his due"

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#77584 Feb 26, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>OK, sorry about that. It's the other Evo minions I was referring to then. ;)
Then show where I have stated it.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#77585 Feb 26, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
"God is subtle but he is not malicious."
-Albert Einstein
Well, thank you for admitting that Einstein didn't follow your bible nonsense.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#77586 Feb 26, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you referring to the space time continuum, which contain the past present and future...a concept propagated by the bible thousands of years ago?
Space time contains the future in a known way? where did you get that from?

and no, that is not what i was refering to. i was refering to the theological conundrum of your mythical god giving man free will, yet supposedly knowing mankinds' outcome. they can't both be true. another lie your cult is based on...

why do you keep hanging on to a book you know lied to you so often? deprogramming from cults is effective...try it.

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#77587 Feb 26, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>no, he was just a human that people used for their own personal wants and desires.
his story is just a re-hash of previous religious cult myths. you cannot get around this fact. your 'god' was recycled from previous cultures' trash...
Dreaming!

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#77588 Feb 26, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't forget Allah.
That is the just the way the muslims see God, but God is never warlike.
Initially, that was what the Hebrews thought about God until their re-orientations. The muslims are still holding to the old form of viewing God, due to their Hebrew's influence.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Word Association. (Nov '10) 1 min Bezeer 19,920
+=Keep 1 Drop 1=+ 3 STACK (Mar '13) 2 min Bezeer 11,169
The Letter "C" (Aug '09) 3 min Bezeer 5,639
The letter E (Jun '13) 4 min Bezeer 1,284
Add a word and drop a word (Jan '14) 5 min Bezeer 6,615
Change 1 letter game! (Nov '11) 5 min Bezeer 9,258
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 9 min Appreciate 207,258
What turns you on ? (Aug '11) 19 min KNIGHT DeVINE 1,532
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 24 min KNIGHT DeVINE 22,245
What Turns You Off (Jun '11) 49 min Poppyann 10,656
A to Z songs by title or group! 1 hr Poppyann 34
More from around the web