Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.
Comments
72,961 - 72,980 of 114,533 Comments Last updated 35 min ago

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Judged:

Milwaukee: I just wanted to go on the record stating that you have a mighty handsome avatar going on there.

“Up with which, I will not put”

Since: Jul 08

Sao Paulo

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Judged:

ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>

*** READ ***
(For brevity's sake)

"it will be a cold day in Hell before I sleep with you, and take into account the fact that I slept with her last night, then number 2 must be true, and thus I am sure that Hell is exothermic and has already frozen over.
Seriosly? It has frozen over?!

*breaking out little black book* I've got some phone calls to make!
sickofit

Owatonna, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Judged:

FREE SERVANT wrote:
If anyone is looking for the truth, I believe someday you will find that the God of the Bible is the Creator and he does love us and he did send his only begotten Son into the world so that we might be saved.
Each year less and less people follow your hate filled bigoetd cult.....Your religion is dying ebcause it is nasty and mean and vile. Your god is a ego maniac who if doesnt get his way in all things he will kill you......No one will join a religion like that.

Well except insane and ignorant people who liek being slaves.

“I started out with nothing”

Level 6

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

JM_Brazil wrote:
<quoted text>
Seriosly? It has frozen over?!
*breaking out little black book* I've got some phone calls to make!
That’s the students logic and it got him an A
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Judged:

sickofit wrote:
<quoted text>
Each year less and less people follow your hate filled bigoetd cult.....Your religion is dying ebcause it is nasty and mean and vile. Your god is a ego maniac who if doesnt get his way in all things he will kill you......No one will join a religion like that.
Well except insane and ignorant people who liek being slaves.
I know a lot of very smart people who believe in Jesus.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Judged:

FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>I know a lot of very smart people who believe in Jesus.
yeah, so do i. it takes a while for a cultural mandate to die off. proclaiming no faith was not really an option until recently. so many people who 'believe' are just doing what everyone else has usually done for no other reason than it is what everyone else usually does. most of them have "faith" that is as deep as hedging their bet, like so many on these pages have admitted to.
sickofit

Owatonna, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

FREE SERVANT wrote:
Just having a high IQ doesnt eman your smart. To ebeliev in a flying space jew who is all powerfull emans your mind is like a child...gullible and ignorant.

“I see quantum effects”

Level 2

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Judged:

Langoliers wrote:
"And I see that you are ignoring the video that I linked."
Nope. I gave it the appropriate amount of attention.
Undoubtedly none, since truth and reason scare the bejeezus out of you.

““You must not lose faith ”

Level 5

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Undoubtedly none, since truth and reason scare the bejeezus out of you.
Like announcing war on America over some unmeasurable intelligent sex.

“Up with which, I will not put”

Since: Jul 08

Sao Paulo

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Judged:

FREE SERVANT wrote:
My cousin and I are the same age, and growing up we both studied very hard. He became a mechanical engineer, and I electrical. He started off on a very successful career, and one day simply decided to give up everything, and become a Priest. He's a brilliant man, passionate at everything he does, and took the whole ordainment very seriously. He has now been a Catholic Priest for the past 20+ years. I myself am a born Catholic, but not a practicing one. I believe in God in my own way, and think religion is something personal, which should be kept to one's self, but there is nothing I enjoy more than discussing religion with my cousin. He still has an engineer's perspective on matters, and approches religion as an engineer would. I of course stick with Evolution and he Creation (even though i feel he still harbors a secret reservation for the BB). Needless to say it makes for a good quality, family argument.

“I see quantum effects”

Level 2

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Judged:

ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Don’t know, I forgot…
Me too.

“I see quantum effects”

Level 2

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Judged:

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> False!
Just grow up.
No one can defeat the almighty.
True.

Since there isn't one.

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

JM_Brazil wrote:
<quoted text>
My cousin and I are the same age, and growing up we both studied very hard. He became a mechanical engineer, and I electrical. He started off on a very successful career, and one day simply decided to give up everything, and become a Priest. He's a brilliant man, passionate at everything he does, and took the whole ordainment very seriously. He has now been a Catholic Priest for the past 20+ years. I myself am a born Catholic, but not a practicing one. I believe in God in my own way, and think religion is something personal, which should be kept to one's self, but there is nothing I enjoy more than discussing religion with my cousin. He still has an engineer's perspective on matters, and approches religion as an engineer would. I of course stick with Evolution and he Creation (even though i feel he still harbors a secret reservation for the BB). Needless to say it makes for a good quality, family argument.
most engineers i know deal with facts and reality. so how again does he have an engineers approach to religion exactly?

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Judged:

If there is God, where the HELL is he?

“I see quantum effects”

Level 2

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Judged:

FREE SERVANT wrote:
The God of the Bible loved you so much that he sent his Son to suffer for you, so that you could inherit eternal life in the Kingdom of God. Praise his name!
That god is kind of a sicko.

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

JM_Brazil wrote:
<quoted text>My cousin and I are the same age, and growing up we both studied very hard. He became a mechanical engineer, and I electrical. He started off on a very successful career, and one day simply decided to give up everything, and become a Priest. He's a brilliant man, passionate at everything he does, and took the whole ordainment very seriously. He has now been a Catholic Priest for the past 20+ years. I myself am a born Catholic, but not a practicing one. I believe in God in my own way, and think religion is something personal, which should be kept to one's self, but there is nothing I enjoy more than discussing religion with my cousin. He still has an engineer's perspective on matters, and approches religion as an engineer would. I of course stick with Evolution and he Creation (even though i feel he still harbors a secret reservation for the BB). Needless to say it makes for a good quality, family argument.
God would be the great architect so you engineers can layout a plan for heaven and hell. LOL.

“I see quantum effects”

Level 2

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Judged:

FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>Jesus suffered your penalty so that you can be forgiven.
Forgiven for what?

And by who?

“I see quantum effects”

Level 2

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Judged:

milwaukee69 wrote:
<quoted text>
If you truly believe what you say, shouldn't "almighty" be capitalized?
Uh oh.

Now he's going to hell.

For all eternity.
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Judged:

Cybele wrote:
If there is God, where the HELL is he?
Where did Jesus say he was when he said the lords prayer? It is opposite to hell..I just wanted you to know that.

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Judged:

Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
God would be the great architect so you engineers can layout a plan for heaven and hell. LOL.
it was an engineer that finally, correctly answered the question of whether the glass is half empty or half full.

You have the wrong sized container...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••