Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story

“I see quantum effects”

Level 2

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#77477 Feb 26, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> False!
Just grow up.
No one can defeat the almighty.
True.

Since there isn't one.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#77478 Feb 26, 2013
JM_Brazil wrote:
<quoted text>
My cousin and I are the same age, and growing up we both studied very hard. He became a mechanical engineer, and I electrical. He started off on a very successful career, and one day simply decided to give up everything, and become a Priest. He's a brilliant man, passionate at everything he does, and took the whole ordainment very seriously. He has now been a Catholic Priest for the past 20+ years. I myself am a born Catholic, but not a practicing one. I believe in God in my own way, and think religion is something personal, which should be kept to one's self, but there is nothing I enjoy more than discussing religion with my cousin. He still has an engineer's perspective on matters, and approches religion as an engineer would. I of course stick with Evolution and he Creation (even though i feel he still harbors a secret reservation for the BB). Needless to say it makes for a good quality, family argument.
most engineers i know deal with facts and reality. so how again does he have an engineers approach to religion exactly?

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

#77479 Feb 26, 2013
If there is God, where the HELL is he?

“I see quantum effects”

Level 2

In the macro world.

#77480 Feb 26, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
The God of the Bible loved you so much that he sent his Son to suffer for you, so that you could inherit eternal life in the Kingdom of God. Praise his name!
That god is kind of a sicko.

Level 5

above and beyond

#77481 Feb 26, 2013
JM_Brazil wrote:
<quoted text>My cousin and I are the same age, and growing up we both studied very hard. He became a mechanical engineer, and I electrical. He started off on a very successful career, and one day simply decided to give up everything, and become a Priest. He's a brilliant man, passionate at everything he does, and took the whole ordainment very seriously. He has now been a Catholic Priest for the past 20+ years. I myself am a born Catholic, but not a practicing one. I believe in God in my own way, and think religion is something personal, which should be kept to one's self, but there is nothing I enjoy more than discussing religion with my cousin. He still has an engineer's perspective on matters, and approches religion as an engineer would. I of course stick with Evolution and he Creation (even though i feel he still harbors a secret reservation for the BB). Needless to say it makes for a good quality, family argument.
God would be the great architect so you engineers can layout a plan for heaven and hell. LOL.

“I see quantum effects”

Level 2

In the macro world.

#77482 Feb 26, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>Jesus suffered your penalty so that you can be forgiven.
Forgiven for what?

And by who?

“I see quantum effects”

Level 2

In the macro world.

#77483 Feb 26, 2013
milwaukee69 wrote:
<quoted text>
If you truly believe what you say, shouldn't "almighty" be capitalized?
Uh oh.

Now he's going to hell.

For all eternity.
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

#77484 Feb 26, 2013
Cybele wrote:
If there is God, where the HELL is he?
Where did Jesus say he was when he said the lords prayer? It is opposite to hell..I just wanted you to know that.

St. Croix valley

#77485 Feb 26, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
God would be the great architect so you engineers can layout a plan for heaven and hell. LOL.
it was an engineer that finally, correctly answered the question of whether the glass is half empty or half full.

You have the wrong sized container...

St. Croix valley

#77486 Feb 26, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
That god is kind of a sicko.
Don't be so polite..
the god of the bible would be in jail in our society. the mythical god of the bible was a jealous, vindictive, petty little prick who would have had his kids taken away by child services in any modern, rational society.

and these cult members worship this shit...

sad...very sad...

St. Croix valley

#77487 Feb 26, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>Where did Jesus say he was when he said the lords prayer? It is opposite to hell..I just wanted you to know that.
So the father and son ARE separate entities? or not? which is it?
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

#77488 Feb 26, 2013
JM_Brazil wrote:
<quoted text>
My cousin and I are the same age, and growing up we both studied very hard. He became a mechanical engineer, and I electrical. He started off on a very successful career, and one day simply decided to give up everything, and become a Priest. He's a brilliant man, passionate at everything he does, and took the whole ordainment very seriously. He has now been a Catholic Priest for the past 20+ years. I myself am a born Catholic, but not a practicing one. I believe in God in my own way, and think religion is something personal, which should be kept to one's self, but there is nothing I enjoy more than discussing religion with my cousin. He still has an engineer's perspective on matters, and approches religion as an engineer would. I of course stick with Evolution and he Creation (even though i feel he still harbors a secret reservation for the BB). Needless to say it makes for a good quality, family argument.
Nothing wrong with good honest heart felt conversation. May God bless you and your family.

Level 5

above and beyond

#77489 Feb 26, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>Where did Jesus say he was when he said the lords prayer? It is opposite to hell..I just wanted you to know that.
I can assure he is going through hell right now. lol

Level 5

above and beyond

#77490 Feb 26, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>it was an engineer that finally, correctly answered the question of whether the glass is half empty or half full.

You have the wrong sized container...
Well I'm drinking off a bottle so it would be drinking the wrong brand of purified water maybe.
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

#77491 Feb 26, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>So the father and son ARE separate entities? or not? which is it?
Jesus is at the right hand of God the father in heaven. Jesus and the father are one. It is hard for many people to understand this.

St. Croix valley

#77492 Feb 26, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
Well I'm drinking off a bottle so it would be drinking the wrong brand of purified water maybe.
your water bottle was not the container in question...

Level 5

above and beyond

#77493 Feb 26, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>Don't be so polite..
the god of the bible would be in jail in our society. the mythical god of the bible was a jealous, vindictive, petty little prick who would have had his kids taken away by child services in any modern, rational society.

and these cult members worship this shit...

sad...very sad...
You don't understand any kind of psychology don't you? You atheists like to judge but don't have the right frame of mind to do so. That's because he doesn't show up at your doorstep where he is not welcome. I know a lot of people who prefer dysfunctional relationships because they suck at it let alone a relationship with a god.

Level 1

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#77494 Feb 26, 2013
Was going to comment on this thread but think it's a bit over my head
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

#77495 Feb 26, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Forgiven for what?
And by who?
Disbelief and disregard for God and his Son.

Level 5

above and beyond

#77496 Feb 26, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>your water bottle was not the container in question...
and your alcohol is in the right container? or are you too drunk to even notice.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 2 min ms_Sweeter 146,690
Good Night Thread... (Nov '12) 3 min Petal Power 932
+=Keep 1 Drop 1=+ 3 STACK (Mar '13) 3 min Princess Hey 7,058
I Like..... (Mar '14) 5 min Petal Power 234
What ?? are you thinking about NOW? 2014 7 min Times are a Changing 379
What Could Be Blown,...? 7 min ms_Sweeter 170
Do you have a Topix crush? (Jun '11) 8 min Petal Power 5,427
What's your tip for the day? 39 min SLY WEST 1,028
WEIRD! Women Cyclists Model In Romantic Kits 1 hr Rev Don Wildmoan 2
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 1 hr ---Word Woman--- 20,009