Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.
Comments
72,921 - 72,940 of 113,007 Comments Last updated 1 hr ago

““You must not lose faith ”

Level 5

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Just that he believes the must be a God that created the universe and all life in it.
correction: there-the

Got a position for me as corrector?
I'll gladly oblige.;p

““You must not lose faith ”

Level 5

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
As SZ stated IQ test become worthless at the level of these people. However while your stripper took off her clothes the Russian Guy was solving a million dollar math problem.
You must be so proud that one of your slime bottom suckers that get naked to make money has a high IQ.
Well one of my country's members solves a math problem that no one else could.
You sound so envious! You are stuck with the mad god and we have the goodies!

What a cheap shot. Scientist...not in a million years.
Not even reading the link!
According to scores on tests designed to measure high intelligence, it is reported that Rosner has one of the worlds highest IQs. In 1985, it is also reported that he scored 44 out of 48 on Ron Hoeflins Mega Test, the second-highest score among the nearly 4,000 people who took the test. In 1990, he received a perfect score on Hoeflins equally difficult Titan Test [18] and, in 1991, scored 47 in a second attempt at the Mega Test. His combined scores indicate an adult (deviation) IQ in the mid- to high-190s [19][20][21][22] From 1991 to 1997, Rosner was editor of Noesis, the journal of the Mega Society, an organization open to people who have scored at the one-in-a-million level on tests of general intelligence. Rosner has stated he hopes to top Evangelos Katsioulis, whose IQ score of 198 is the highest certified score.[23]
end quote

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not rich yet. I have to wait on my inheritance for the millions to roll in.
However I do alright working in science along with KJV and Doctor Who Two.
"Working in science"?!?!

WTF?

you barely have a 2nd grade underswtanding of science. you have made some of the most ignorant statements about science i have ever heard right here on these pages?

No, you certainly do not "do alright"[sic] in science in any sense of the term...

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

MAAT wrote:
<quoted text>
"Era um bom gracejo."
:))
Are you in some kind of dilemma?

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry, Portuguese is not one of mine.
Un- popular unlike English, Spanish and Mandarin.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
You denying the positive assertion doesn't make it unreal.
When the assertion is made with zero evidence, the only sane thing to do is deny it. You'd have to be insane to accept Spiderman exists just because a book is written about him.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Untrue, I have a lot. A beautiful lake home, two newer SUV's a new Boat and lift station. Etc. etc.
"Cupiditas radix omnes malorum est..."

Level 7

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

MAAT wrote:
<quoted text>
Mine neither.:))
Took me ages to find the proper form.
I keep confusing Portuguese, Spanish, Catalan and Italian.
Latin is less confusing. That's a good thing because some bloke with airs, figured it would be a good idea to use that as language of first choice to translate Luvian in.
ARHA uhhh?? had to look that up, but i first thought it was part of the language!?
For quite a few centuries, Latin was of course the international language of science.

I still kinda miss it...

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>For quite a few centuries, Latin was of course the international language of science.
I still kinda miss it...
I miss when it was hieroglyphs.

Level 9

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
But you said:
"Christopher Langan may be a very bright person, but that does not mean he is the "smartest person in the world."
And one thing he would agree with us on is that Langoliers is full of crap"
And my joke was Langan was me Langoliers.
Further down in the post you started talking about Alan.
Oh by the way Alan who?
You are clearly not Langan, despite the similarity in names. He is not an idiot. You are. He does not believe in a personal god, you do.

As I said, he would think you are full of crap. No one is falling for your delusion.

Level 9

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

I hear all of these idiot creatards claiming that they live these fantastic lives. For some reason I don't believe them. Now it may be possible to have a nice house, car, and even a wife that is not make the dogs bark ugly, but it is extremely unlikely.

Level 7

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
I miss when it was hieroglyphs.
Laffin.

For some odd reason, I never learned those. Or cuneiform.

“Fear is the Mind-Killer”

Level 1

Since: Jun 08

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>the fact that all dogs came from one species would be another good example. ion only 15,000 years or so...
Hmmmm...what happened to that millions of years bullshit?
Not at all. Dogs ADAPTING to their environment is evidence of adaptation, not evolution or the model.

The fact that many breeds are, well, CREATED, specifically argues against evolution.

Adaptation is not evidence of positive mutations at all. Not even the evolutionists assert this, only the foolish layman that does not understand the model would make such a dumb error.

Level 1

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>no, it predicted they would evolve faster.and they have. more of that evidence you say doesn't exist.
No, it doesn't.

Using adaptation or natural changes that are not from mutations as evidence of evolution would be fraud.

And that is what you are attempting.

Level 1

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>so dude, still waiting for those "more interesting' theories to replace evolution...
So am I.

Level 1

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Judged:

thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
Please tell us about your mythology.
You don't seem to have sufficient gravitas to have discovered that modern day science is wrong and you know how and why that is. Do you have science degrees in ALL the relevant fields that somehow impact on evolutionary theory??
Perhaps you could take some time and write up a paper on how wrong today's scientific take on evolution is. All you're doing here is stating that, in your opinion, this science is ALL wrong. We need details.
Science has already stated it's opinion and provided proof, we need to see yours proof.
I have no mythology.

Modern day science does not support evolution, no more than science supported flat-earth.

I have no need to write a paper. The evolutionary model is not supported by science. They have been looking for a viable model for 150 years ... still not found.

Science does not have an opinion. Unless, perhaps, you have some mythology of some deity known as "Science" that you would like to ell us about?

Level 1

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Judged:

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>No. not even close, but nice try. a religious fanatic buys onto a cult with no evidence whatsoever.
i look at evidence and rationally decide whether to agree with it or not.
you can't even get those terms right, just parroting what you heared otheres say without checking the veradcity of the argument. you sir, seem to be the fanatic.
Indeed, nice try.

"a religious fanatic buys onto a cult with no evidence whatsoever."

You are deliberately, and with dishonesty, mixing "religion" and "cult" into the same sentence, as if they are interchangeable.

Nice try indeed. We can now safely count you out from all future rational and logical discussions.

Level 1

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>Don't give me that " i was dumbing it down for you" bullshit. You clearly tried to use the argument that something from nothing like the big bang was impossible.
you are not very good at logic...are you?
i know you are not very good at lying, or thrying to cover uyp your mistakes with lies.
seriously, dude, you are making a bigger fool of yourself the longer you try to back up shit you do not comprehend.
LOL! Projecting much?

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Yankee Yahoo wrote:
<quoted text>
I have no mythology.
Modern day science does not support evolution, no more than science supported flat-earth.
I have no need to write a paper. The evolutionary model is not supported by science. They have been looking for a viable model for 150 years ... still not found.
Science does not have an opinion. Unless, perhaps, you have some mythology of some deity known as "Science" that you would like to ell us about?
Why do you have to lie so much?

Level 5

Taizhou, China

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Yankee Yahoo, if there is so much difference between a religion and a cult,
will you kindly explain that difference to us?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••