Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 171729 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

sickofit

Owatonna, MN

#77440 Feb 26, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
The God of the Bible loved you so much that he sent his Son to suffer for you, so that you could inherit eternal life in the Kingdom of God. Praise his name!
Ok lets say that is so...Then if he loved us all so much why if we break one rule will he throw us into fire pit forever?? Oh and if he loved us so much why has no one heard or seen from him since time of the bible???????

And lets say he is real and you go to heaven...The bible says heaven will be eternity singing and worshipping god....AND YOY WANT TO BE BOWED DOWN BEING A SLAVE FOR ETERNITY??????

“I know where you are,”

Level 8

Since: Jun 08

Right here under my thumb

#77441 Feb 26, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
The God of the Bible loved you so much that he sent his Son to suffer for you
Kinda' like George Bush did, huh?

““You must not lose faith ”

Level 5

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#77442 Feb 26, 2013
Thomas Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, goodness, I hope not.
I promised someone I'd convert to Creationism "when Hell freezes over."
Sofar that only means you will convert to an unproven undefined state of certainty.

Uhm...
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

#77443 Feb 26, 2013
sickofit wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok lets say that is so...Then if he loved us all so much why if we break one rule will he throw us into fire pit forever?? Oh and if he loved us so much why has no one heard or seen from him since time of the bible???????
And lets say he is real and you go to heaven...The bible says heaven will be eternity singing and worshipping god....AND YOY WANT TO BE BOWED DOWN BEING A SLAVE FOR ETERNITY??????
Jesus suffered your penalty so that you can be forgiven.

Level 5

Location hidden

#77444 Feb 26, 2013
Hours ago I caused an international incident.

I sincerely apologize to all innocent bystanders.

I further assure you that my residence will be and always has been the recipient of any and all nuclear warheads.

I live in a state of angst.
sickofit

Owatonna, MN

#77445 Feb 26, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>Jesus suffered your penalty so that you can be forgiven.
But I still have to bow down grovel and be a slave..Oh and if I forget to ask for forgivness for one thing before dying I burn in heel forever....WHAT A MEAN NASTY GOD YOU HAVE....He is not worth worship.

If I had a god I want who is all about love and who helps me and would never hurt me.

Level 5

Location hidden

#77446 Feb 26, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Are you in some kind of dilemma?
Era un bom gratejo...the era of the free bom?

you bet!
Ucare4Obama

Nha Trang, Vietnam

#77447 Feb 26, 2013
dam U all! making the Pope tired of prayz n retired earleeeeee!!! ;-000

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#77449 Feb 26, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
The God of the Bible loved you so much that he sent his Son to suffer for you, so that you could inherit eternal life in the Kingdom of God. Praise his name!
yeah, yeah..re-hashed old myth from previous religious cults.

Not one shred of proof of any soul, or spirit or afterlife. none at all. just a myth to prey off the fear people have of dying.

St. Croix valley

#77450 Feb 26, 2013
Yankee Yahoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Not at all. Dogs ADAPTING to their environment is evidence of adaptation, not evolution or the model.
The fact that many breeds are, well, CREATED, specifically argues against evolution.
Adaptation is not evidence of positive mutations at all. Not even the evolutionists assert this, only the foolish layman that does not understand the model would make such a dumb error.
No that is the method for evolution. adaption to one's environment.

St. Croix valley

#77451 Feb 26, 2013
Yankee Yahoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Indeed, nice try.
"a religious fanatic buys onto a cult with no evidence whatsoever."
You are deliberately, and with dishonesty, mixing "religion" and "cult" into the same sentence, as if they are interchangeable.
Nice try indeed. We can now safely count you out from all future rational and logical discussions.
hardly dishonest at all. it is you that is beoing dishonest with yourself if you do not admit that religions are all cults. that is exactly what a cult is. it is why we made up that word...

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

#77452 Feb 26, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>OK, sorry about that. It's the other Evo minions I was referring to then. ;)
To be fair, I've always maintained that I am Agnostic. I dont know (nor can anyone, really) that a Supreme Being wxists.

But if there IS such a deity, it is MY impression that it would certainly NOT be the cartoon variety god (small "g") as depicted in the Bible.

**MY** God would be much bigger than that one.

I respect persons of faith. I really do. But dont go foisting YOUR favorite deity on others, or try to redefine reality (including science & history) so that it conforms to a set of bronze-age campfire stories that have been proven innaccurate many times over.

“I know where you are,”

Level 8

Since: Jun 08

Right here under my thumb

#77453 Feb 26, 2013
Religion is a crutch for the insecure.
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

#77454 Feb 26, 2013
sickofit wrote:
<quoted text>
But I still have to bow down grovel and be a slave..Oh and if I forget to ask for forgivness for one thing before dying I burn in heel forever....WHAT A MEAN NASTY GOD YOU HAVE....He is not worth worship.
If I had a god I want who is all about love and who helps me and would never hurt me.
You still don't understand.
sickofit

Owatonna, MN

#77455 Feb 26, 2013
Kong_ wrote:
<quoted text>
To be fair, I've always maintained that I am Agnostic. I dont know (nor can anyone, really) that a Supreme Being wxists.
But if there IS such a deity, it is MY impression that it would certainly NOT be the cartoon variety god (small "g") as depicted in the Bible.
**MY** God would be much bigger than that one.
I respect persons of faith. I really do. But dont go foisting YOUR favorite deity on others, or try to redefine reality (including science & history) so that it conforms to a set of bronze-age campfire stories that have been proven innaccurate many times over.
My od would be all about loveand he would help me and do things for me.. The bible god is mean and nasty and never does thing one to help humanity....In fact if he is real he has done all he can to hurt man and make us hate him.
sickofit

Owatonna, MN

#77456 Feb 26, 2013
Religion is also a shield for hate and bigotry.
anonymous

Barberton, OH

#77457 Feb 26, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> False!
Just grow up.
No one can defeat the almighty.
Whatever. Trying to work up the inspiration for a good chubby again,eh?.....someday!
anonymous

Barberton, OH

#77458 Feb 26, 2013
sickofit wrote:
Religion is also a shield for hate and bigotry.
..as labeling people as hateful and bigoted is a shield for other things.
sickofit

Owatonna, MN

#77459 Feb 26, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>You still don't understand.
What dont I understand??? Tell me.
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

#77460 Feb 26, 2013
sickofit wrote:
<quoted text>What dont I understand??? Tell me.
You don't understand that man has hurt our father and Creator to his heart. The true and living God loves us and he has offered a plan of salvation to whosoever will take of it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
last word/first word. (Apr '12) 2 min andet1987 6,054
Play "end of the name"... 3 min Just Roxie 262
Boycott American Women (Sep '11) 8 min Wolftracks 12
Last Word is First Word (no "breast" word please) 9 min beatlesinafog 140
Keep a Word.....Drop a Word Game (Sep '13) 10 min beatlesinafog 8,935
Word association (Jun '07) 12 min beatlesinafog 3,336
"3 words beginning with similar Letters!" (Dec '12) 14 min andet1987 253
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 20 min beatlesinafog 12,675
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 30 min middleman1 167,098
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 1 hr Be The Ball 42,099