Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.
Comments
72,881 - 72,900 of 113,034 Comments Last updated 16 min ago

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Judged:

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
No
As I posted before: just more proof that science can't get their dates right.
Those dates were Ussher's dates in that video. What dates would you put on those events?

Look at the dates between the Flood and the events listed in that video. Starting with three breeding pairs, the Bible was quite clear that Noah had more kids, how many kids would each pair need and their offspring need to generate to populate at a bare minimum several cities of thousands and a nation of millions? Plus the population of the rest of the world. China was a nation of tens of millions at the very least even then.

You are saying the dates he got from Ussher are wrong, what are the "correct" dates.

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Judged:

macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>In Chuckie's defense, English is his second language.
Of course, it's also mine...
Damn!
English is a universal language of communication.

Level 9

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Judged:

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
I laughed also because I knew it was meant for me. LOL
Yes, I did too. Please note the "Moi???" in my reply.

We all make mistakes at times. Even me. I think I made one ten years ago or so.

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Judged:

ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope fact, however you are welcome to your delusion if it makes you feel better
I am telling it to your face, all that did the worse than you, are long dead and forgotten, good luck?

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Judged:

It seems, Kittencoder, that while the people basing their life choices on reason and science strive to be factual and true, the ones who base their lives on religious cults arealmost constantly using dishonesty to support their world view. Sad. Very sad.

I hope you are feeling better...

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

woodtick57 wrote:
It seems, Kittencoder, that while the people basing their life choices on reason and science strive to be factual and true, the ones who base their lives on religious cults arealmost constantly using dishonesty to support their world view. Sad. Very sad.
Thank you.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Judged:

woodtick57 wrote:
Or, Langoliers, "without god." As we are are until there is one shred of evidence of such a creature.
Incorrect we have a God and God has his people. God came to earth and told us all about himself and what was expected of us. Denying him does not eliminate him.

Found this blog quite interesting.
I think he got my name wrong its not Langan it's Langoliers. Anyways here's the blog.

"I just finished the book "Outliers" by Malcolm Gladwell. Among the topics are one on Christopher Langan who has an IQ of 195, which is supposed to be the highest in the world. After finishing the chapter I googled him, and found out that he has been studying physics on his own for pretty much his entire life but only went to college for one year.

What interested me was that he has been working on something that he calls "Cognitive-Theoretic Model of the Universe". While I don´t understand much of it (few does) I was surprised to see that he actually believes in God. Not only that, he claims that it is possible to mathematically prove that God exists and that we have a soul. At first glance I was amazed of this, since I´m a complete atheist (and swedish - none of use are believers). But I can´t help thinking that, since his mind are more powerful than anyone else´s, maybe he has seen further than anyone ever have. This scares me a little bit, b/c obv if he is correct I really don´t want to die for obvious reasons "

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Judged:

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>There are multiple definitions listed with words for a reason, you being dishonest and ignoring them only demonstrates that you do not care about reality.
You denying the positive assertion doesn't make it unreal.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Judged:

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>Those dates were Ussher's dates in that video. What dates would you put on those events?

Look at the dates between the Flood and the events listed in that video. Starting with three breeding pairs, the Bible was quite clear that Noah had more kids, how many kids would each pair need and their offspring need to generate to populate at a bare minimum several cities of thousands and a nation of millions? Plus the population of the rest of the world. China was a nation of tens of millions at the very least even then.

You are saying the dates he got from Ussher are wrong, what are the "correct" dates.
The reason God tore down the tower of Babble was because he had commanded to go out and populate the earth but the people wanted to stay together and build a great city disobeying God. There were no other city's at that time.

As far as the dates, we know it had to be long enough past the flood for the population to be large enough to build the tower. Just common sense stuff.
sickofit

Owatonna, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Ok so creationist say something like humans cant come from nothing,because we are complex life...

So god would have to be a trillion times more complex..YET RELIGOUS PEOPLE SAY HE HAS ALWAYS BEEN----------JUST POOF INTO BEING.........How deos that work

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, I did too. Please note the "Moi???" in my reply.

We all make mistakes at times. Even me. I think I made one ten years ago or so.
And another just now! LOL

Yes I laughed again when I saw miss piggies "Moi?"

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

woodtick57 wrote:

It's Koder

Level 9

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

IQ tests get meaningless at that level. The experts will be the first to admit that. Christopher Langan may be a very bright person, but that does not mean he is the "smartest person in the world."

And one thing he would agree with us on is that Langoliers is full of crap. He may believe in God but it is more of a small letter "g" god rather than Langoliers "GOD!!!"

A quote from Alan:

"I believe in the theory of evolution, but I believe as well in the allegorical truth of creation theory. In other words, I believe that evolution, including the principle of natural selection, is one of the tools used by God to create mankind. Mankind is then a participant in the creation of the universe itself, so that we have a closed loop. I believe that there is a level on which science and religious metaphor are mutually compatible."

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Subduction Zone wrote:
IQ tests get meaningless at that level. The experts will be the first to admit that. Christopher Langan may be a very bright person, but that does not mean he is the "smartest person in the world."

And one thing he would agree with us on is that Langoliers is full of crap. He may believe in God but it is more of a small letter "g" god rather than Langoliers "GOD!!!"

A quote from Alan:

"I believe in the theory of evolution, but I believe as well in the allegorical truth of creation theory. In other words, I believe that evolution, including the principle of natural selection, is one of the tools used by God to create mankind. Mankind is then a participant in the creation of the universe itself, so that we have a closed loop. I believe that there is a level on which science and religious metaphor are mutually compatible."
He's not the smartest man alive.
And no I would not think myself as full of crap. I hold a higher opinion of my self.

'World's smartest man' refuses $1m prize for solving mathematics puzzle

A reclusive Russian genius has refused to accept $1m (£667,000) in prize money for solving the Poincare Conjecture, one of the most difficult puzzles in mathematics.

Dr Grigori Perelman, who has been dubbed "the smartest man in the world", refused the money, despite living in poverty in a cockroach-infested flat in St Petersburg.

This guys a Theist also.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Judged:

Do you beieve all the media's dubs Langoliers? The guy may be a math genius, if you researched him further, he, like most math geniuses of that levell, has a hard time dealing with the real world.

The smartest man alive should be able to deal wth his fellow humans, shouldn't he?

this guy is a savant, nothing more...

Level 9

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Judged:

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
He's not the smartest man alive.
And no I would not think myself as full of crap. I hold a higher opinion of my self.
'World's smartest man' refuses $1m prize for solving mathematics puzzle
A reclusive Russian genius has refused to accept $1m (£667,000) in prize money for solving the Poincare Conjecture, one of the most difficult puzzles in mathematics.
Dr Grigori Perelman, who has been dubbed "the smartest man in the world", refused the money, despite living in poverty in a cockroach-infested flat in St Petersburg.
This guys a Theist also.
You misread my post. Alan would think that you are full of crap.
He clearly does not believe in your god.
He knows, like any other sane person, that Genesis is merely a book of fairy tales.
You should not try to get support from someone who clearly disagrees with you. Alan believes the theory of evolution. He does believe that "god" is involved somehow, but clearly not to the miraculous poofing species out of nothing by magic.

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Judged:

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
The reason God tore down the tower of Babble was because he had commanded to go out and populate the earth but the people wanted to stay together and build a great city disobeying God. There were no other city's at that time.
As far as the dates, we know it had to be long enough past the flood for the population to be large enough to build the tower. Just common sense stuff.
None of this ever happened.

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Judged:

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny how you just quoted someone as mathematically proving the existence of a god yet ignore the same mathematics that prove the flood and Babble impossible.

Level 9

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Judged:

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
"Common sense stuff". In other words circular reasoning.

You have admitted that you have nothing.

““You must not lose faith ”

Level 5

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Incorrect we have a God and God has his people. God came to earth and told us all about himself and what was expected of us. Denying him does not eliminate him.
Found this blog quite interesting.
I think he got my name wrong its not Langan it's Langoliers. Anyways here's the blog.
"I just finished the book "Outliers" by Malcolm Gladwell. Among the topics are one on Christopher Langan who has an IQ of 195, which is supposed to be the highest in the world. After finishing the chapter I googled him, and found out that he has been studying physics on his own for pretty much his entire life but only went to college for one year.
What interested me was that he has been working on something that he calls "Cognitive-Theoretic Model of the Universe". While I don´t understand much of it (few does) I was surprised to see that he actually believes in God. Not only that, he claims that it is possible to mathematically prove that God exists and that we have a soul. At first glance I was amazed of this, since I´m a complete atheist (and swedish - none of use are believers). But I can´t help thinking that, since his mind are more powerful than anyone else´s, maybe he has seen further than anyone ever have. This scares me a little bit, b/c obv if he is correct I really don´t want to die for obvious reasons "
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_G._Rosne...
Home education and religion...get a life.

Some catch religion others strip.
I also recall an exotic dancer, female, who had allegedly the highest IQ.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••