Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 219597 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

#77424 Feb 26, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>A fool says there is no God.
Speaking of fools, please show where I've stated that there is "no God".

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#77425 Feb 26, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
No, you are telling me anonymously on an anonymous thread and that great anonymous beast know as the internet, you posted 16 house ago and I have just got round to reading it, I presume that we are not only in different time zones but an a different continent. So please advise using basic logic without resorting to christian lies is that telling me to my face?
Yes, death comes to us all, including christians. The difference is I know without doubt what will happen to the my constant atoms for and billions billions of years after I die. You on the other hand, with absolutely no evidence live with the hope and delusion of a something else.
The universe is here and shows you delusion for what it is, delusion. Live with it
*** READ ***
The following is supposedly an actual question given on a University of Washington chemistry mid-term exam paper.
The answer by one student was so "profound" that the professor shared it with colleagues, via the Internet, which is, of course, why we now have the pleasure of enjoying it as well.
Bonus Question: Is Hell exothermic (gives off heat) or endothermic (absorbs heat)?
Most of the students wrote proofs of their beliefs using Boyle's Law (gas cools when it expands and heats when it is compressed) or some variant.
One student, however, wrote the following:
First, we need to know how the mass of Hell is changing in time. So we need to know the rate at which souls are moving into Hell and the rate at which they are leaving. I think that we can safely assume that once a soul gets to Hell, it will not leave. Therefore, no souls are leaving.
As for how many souls are entering Hell, let's look at the different Religions that exist in the world today. Most of these religions state that if you are not a member of their religion, you will go to Hell. Since there is more than one of these religions and since people do not belong to more than one religion, we can project that all souls go to Hell.
With birth and death rates as they are, we can expect the number of souls in Hell to increase exponentially. Now, we look at the rate of change of the volume in Hell because Boyle's Law states that in order for the temperature and pressure in Hell to stay the same, the volume of Hell has to expand proportionately as souls are added.
This gives two possibilities:
(1). If Hell is expanding at a slower rate than the rate at which souls enter Hell, then the temperature and pressure in Hell will increase until all Hell breaks loose.
(2). If Hell is expanding at a rate faster than the increase of souls in Hell, then the temperature and pressure will drop until Hell freezes over.
So which is it?
If we accept the postulate given to me by Teresa during my Freshman year that, "it will be a cold day in Hell before I sleep with you, and take into account the fact that I slept with her last night, then number 2 must be true, and thus I am sure that Hell is exothermic and has already frozen over. The corollary of this theory is that since Hell has frozen over, it follows that it is not accepting any more souls and is therefore, extinct...leaving only Heaven thereby proving the existence of a divine being which explains why, last night, Teresa kept shouting "Oh my God."
THIS STUDENT RECEIVED THE ONLY "A
False!
Just grow up.
No one can defeat the almighty.

“There is no such thing”

Level 3

Since: May 08

as a reasonable person

#77426 Feb 26, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> False!
Just grow up.
According to the bible, the Serpent did when it got his perfect creations Adam and Eve to defy him.
FREE SERVANT
#77428 Feb 26, 2013
Kong_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Speaking of fools, please show where I've stated that there is "no God".
OK, sorry about that. It's the other Evo minions I was referring to then. ;)

“When you treat people as they ”

Level 6

Since: Nov 10

treat you they get offended.

#77429 Feb 26, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> False!
Just grow up.
*False*- Not false, every word up to the word READ is fact, You made a claim, it was a lie (as we expect from you)– You lied about “face to face” and people die. Just because you think you are better than everyone else and are immortal is not my problem but your delusion

However if you are willing to show proof of what you say I will be willing to consider it but of course you are not willing to offer any proof because NO PROOF EXISTS

*Just grow up.*- that’s a good one coming from a childish liar for a mythical god

*No one can defeat the almighty*- This is almost true, however there is one story… My guess is you are incapable of considering the bits of the babble you don’t like. But of course the human imagination is hard to beat. To defeat the human imagination you need to commit genocide – funnily enough that’s another story in the babble.

So not false, only you own narrow minded delusion interfering with your “thinking”(and I use the word lightly) process

After the word READ in my post - who knows, it’s just a story from the internet as specified in the lead up to it, you see I do not lie, I have no god and so unlike you I see no need to lie.

“When you treat people as they ”

Level 6

Since: Nov 10

treat you they get offended.

#77430 Feb 26, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>A fool says there is no God.
E=MC^2
sickofit

Owatonna, MN

#77431 Feb 26, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>OK, sorry about that. It's the other Evo minions I was referring to then. ;)
I would not say thre is no god for sure. I say the chance there is a god is very very remote. And if there is a god it is nothing like the bible says...A god like in the bible deserves no worship at all.

“I know where you are,”

Level 8

Since: Jun 08

Right here under my thumb

#77432 Feb 26, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> No one can defeat the almighty.
If you truly believe what you say, shouldn't "almighty" be capitalized?
sickofit

Owatonna, MN

#77433 Feb 26, 2013
A fool says 100% fact that there is a god.

Level 5

Since: Apr 12

Taizhou, China

#77435 Feb 26, 2013
A chemistry student quoted by ChristineM wrote:
If Hell is expanding at a rate faster than the increase of souls in Hell, then the temperature and pressure will drop until Hell freezes over.
Oh, goodness, I hope not.
I promised someone I'd convert to Creationism "when Hell freezes over."
FREE SERVANT
#77436 Feb 26, 2013
The God of the Bible loved you so much that he sent his Son to suffer for you, so that you could inherit eternal life in the Kingdom of God. Praise his name!

Level 5

Taizhou, China

#77437 Feb 26, 2013
Kong_ wrote:
A SMALL sample of scientific organizations that support the teaching of Evolution in public schools:
[list deleted]

Charles Idemi wrote:
A fool says there is no God.

Charles, how did we get from the subject of supporting the teaching of Evolution in public schools to the question of whether or not there is a God?
You jump from one subject to another so often you make me dizzy.

Level 5

Taizhou, China

#77438 Feb 26, 2013
Sorry, that was Free Servant.
I wish we were allowed to delete posts.

But the question still stands:
Free Servant, how did we get from one subject to another?

Level 5

Taizhou, China

#77439 Feb 26, 2013
sickofit wrote:
A fool says 100% fact that there is a god.
When I was teaching a class, I said, "Now remember, children, only a fool is ever absolutely sure of himself."
A student raised his hand and said, "Are you sure of that, Mister Robertson?"
I beat my fist on the desk and said, "Absolutely!"
sickofit

Owatonna, MN

#77440 Feb 26, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
The God of the Bible loved you so much that he sent his Son to suffer for you, so that you could inherit eternal life in the Kingdom of God. Praise his name!
Ok lets say that is so...Then if he loved us all so much why if we break one rule will he throw us into fire pit forever?? Oh and if he loved us so much why has no one heard or seen from him since time of the bible???????

And lets say he is real and you go to heaven...The bible says heaven will be eternity singing and worshipping god....AND YOY WANT TO BE BOWED DOWN BEING A SLAVE FOR ETERNITY??????

“I know where you are,”

Level 8

Since: Jun 08

Right here under my thumb

#77441 Feb 26, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
The God of the Bible loved you so much that he sent his Son to suffer for you
Kinda' like George Bush did, huh?

““You must not lose faith ”

Level 5

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#77442 Feb 26, 2013
Thomas Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, goodness, I hope not.
I promised someone I'd convert to Creationism "when Hell freezes over."
Sofar that only means you will convert to an unproven undefined state of certainty.

Uhm...
FREE SERVANT
#77443 Feb 26, 2013
sickofit wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok lets say that is so...Then if he loved us all so much why if we break one rule will he throw us into fire pit forever?? Oh and if he loved us so much why has no one heard or seen from him since time of the bible???????
And lets say he is real and you go to heaven...The bible says heaven will be eternity singing and worshipping god....AND YOY WANT TO BE BOWED DOWN BEING A SLAVE FOR ETERNITY??????
Jesus suffered your penalty so that you can be forgiven.

““You must not lose faith ”

Level 5

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#77444 Feb 26, 2013
Hours ago I caused an international incident.

I sincerely apologize to all innocent bystanders.

I further assure you that my residence will be and always has been the recipient of any and all nuclear warheads.

I live in a state of angst.
sickofit

Owatonna, MN

#77445 Feb 26, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>Jesus suffered your penalty so that you can be forgiven.
But I still have to bow down grovel and be a slave..Oh and if I forget to ask for forgivness for one thing before dying I burn in heel forever....WHAT A MEAN NASTY GOD YOU HAVE....He is not worth worship.

If I had a god I want who is all about love and who helps me and would never hurt me.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
6 letter word ...change one letter game (Oct '08) 4 min whatimeisit 32,526
Poll What are you thinking right now? (May '08) 8 min Lifelover 3,230
News Expect Tesla earnings to be downright weird 18 min Yes You Are 6
A to Z songs by title or group! 37 min wichita-rick 989
Change-one-of-six-letters (Dec '12) 43 min whatimeisit 10,020
News Thousands of demonstrators protest Trump in Atl... 58 min JMO 1,347
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 1 hr wichita-rick 211,455
Back In The Day ... for the third time! 3 hr T Bone 251
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 5 hr Missing inAction 71,186
More from around the web