Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.
Comments
72,861 - 72,880 of 115,222 Comments Last updated 23 min ago

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Seffner, FL

#77371 Feb 25, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
The reason God tore down the tower of Babble was because he had commanded to go out and populate the earth but the people wanted to stay together and build a great city disobeying God. There were no other city's at that time.
As far as the dates, we know it had to be long enough past the flood for the population to be large enough to build the tower. Just common sense stuff.
None of this ever happened.

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Seffner, FL

#77372 Feb 25, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
The reason God tore down the tower of Babble was because he had commanded to go out and populate the earth but the people wanted to stay together and build a great city disobeying God. There were no other city's at that time.
As far as the dates, we know it had to be long enough past the flood for the population to be large enough to build the tower. Just common sense stuff.
Funny how you just quoted someone as mathematically proving the existence of a god yet ignore the same mathematics that prove the flood and Babble impossible.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#77373 Feb 25, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
The reason God tore down the tower of Babble was because he had commanded to go out and populate the earth but the people wanted to stay together and build a great city disobeying God. There were no other city's at that time.
As far as the dates, we know it had to be long enough past the flood for the population to be large enough to build the tower. Just common sense stuff.
"Common sense stuff". In other words circular reasoning.

You have admitted that you have nothing.

““You must not lose faith ”

Level 5

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#77374 Feb 25, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Incorrect we have a God and God has his people. God came to earth and told us all about himself and what was expected of us. Denying him does not eliminate him.
Found this blog quite interesting.
I think he got my name wrong its not Langan it's Langoliers. Anyways here's the blog.
"I just finished the book "Outliers" by Malcolm Gladwell. Among the topics are one on Christopher Langan who has an IQ of 195, which is supposed to be the highest in the world. After finishing the chapter I googled him, and found out that he has been studying physics on his own for pretty much his entire life but only went to college for one year.
What interested me was that he has been working on something that he calls "Cognitive-Theoretic Model of the Universe". While I don´t understand much of it (few does) I was surprised to see that he actually believes in God. Not only that, he claims that it is possible to mathematically prove that God exists and that we have a soul. At first glance I was amazed of this, since I´m a complete atheist (and swedish - none of use are believers). But I can´t help thinking that, since his mind are more powerful than anyone else´s, maybe he has seen further than anyone ever have. This scares me a little bit, b/c obv if he is correct I really don´t want to die for obvious reasons "
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_G._Rosne...
Home education and religion...get a life.

Some catch religion others strip.
I also recall an exotic dancer, female, who had allegedly the highest IQ.

““You must not lose faith ”

Level 5

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#77375 Feb 25, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
IQ tests get meaningless at that level. The experts will be the first to admit that. Christopher Langan may be a very bright person, but that does not mean he is the "smartest person in the world."
And one thing he would agree with us on is that Langoliers is full of crap. He may believe in God but it is more of a small letter "g" god rather than Langoliers "GOD!!!"
A quote from Alan:
"I believe in the theory of evolution, but I believe as well in the allegorical truth of creation theory. In other words, I believe that evolution, including the principle of natural selection, is one of the tools used by God to create mankind. Mankind is then a participant in the creation of the universe itself, so that we have a closed loop. I believe that there is a level on which science and religious metaphor are mutually compatible."
They have special ones devised on that level.
See the link i gave.

Pole-dancing seems to be a sign too!

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#77376 Feb 25, 2013
MAAT wrote:
<quoted text>
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_G._Rosne...
Home education and religion...get a life.
Some catch religion others strip.
I also recall an exotic dancer, female, who had allegedly the highest IQ.
Sally Rand, I think.

““You must not lose faith ”

Level 5

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#77377 Feb 25, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text>Damn!
English is a universal language of communication.
Toute en rapport avec mon mmoire se passe en anglais ici, j'essaie d'apprendre le plus possible des mots/phrases en anglo-saxon car beasucoup de monde ne parle pas anglais.

So's french.

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#77378 Feb 25, 2013
MAAT wrote:
<quoted text>
Toute en rapport avec mon mmoire se passe en anglais ici, j'essaie d'apprendre le plus possible des mots/phrases en anglo-saxon car beasucoup de monde ne parle pas anglais.
So's french.
Good!
But truly no momentum like the English language. English is universal.

““You must not lose faith ”

Level 5

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#77380 Feb 25, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
He's not the smartest man alive.
And no I would not think myself as full of crap. I hold a higher opinion of my self.
'World's smartest man' refuses $1m prize for solving mathematics puzzle
A reclusive Russian genius has refused to accept $1m (£667,000) in prize money for solving the Poincare Conjecture, one of the most difficult puzzles in mathematics.
Dr Grigori Perelman, who has been dubbed "the smartest man in the world", refused the money, despite living in poverty in a cockroach-infested flat in St Petersburg.
This guys a Theist also.
Reminds me of a mention in a link on science in Russia.
Gd- gene found in students and population of Komora.

Did they mention what god?
'Reclusive life leads to overdosing on gods.'

““You must not lose faith ”

Level 5

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#77381 Feb 25, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Good!
But truly no momentum like the English language. English is universal.
"Era um bom gracejo."

:))

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#77382 Feb 25, 2013
MAAT wrote:
<quoted text>
Toute en rapport avec mon mmoire se passe en anglais ici, j'essaie d'apprendre le plus possible des mots/phrases en anglo-saxon car beasucoup de monde ne parle pas anglais.
So's french.
Certainement.

Hehehe.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#77383 Feb 25, 2013
MAAT wrote:
<quoted text>
"Era um bom gracejo."
:))
Sorry, Portuguese is not one of mine.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#77384 Feb 25, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>You misread my post. Alan would think that you are full of crap.
He clearly does not believe in your god.
He knows, like any other sane person, that Genesis is merely a book of fairy tales.
You should not try to get support from someone who clearly disagrees with you. Alan believes the theory of evolution. He does believe that "god" is involved somehow, but clearly not to the miraculous poofing species out of nothing by magic.
But you said:

"Christopher Langan may be a very bright person, but that does not mean he is the "smartest person in the world."

And one thing he would agree with us on is that Langoliers is full of crap"

And my joke was Langan was me Langoliers.

Further down in the post you started talking about Alan.

Oh by the way Alan who?

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#77385 Feb 25, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>None of this ever happened.
Did too!

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#77386 Feb 25, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>Funny how you just quoted someone as mathematically proving the existence of a god yet ignore the same mathematics that prove the flood and Babble impossible.
Not funny. Math answers can be incorrect while others are correct.

I'm think in math class test you had some of each on your test. Therefore it should not be shocker.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#77387 Feb 25, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>"Common sense stuff". In other words circular reasoning.

You have admitted that you have nothing.
Untrue, I have a lot. A beautiful lake home, two newer SUV's a new Boat and lift station. Etc. etc.
sickofit

Owatonna, MN

#77388 Feb 25, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Untrue, I have a lot. A beautiful lake home, two newer SUV's a new Boat and lift station. Etc. etc.
Being rich is a sin.....Your going to hell....BAHAHAHA.....

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#77389 Feb 25, 2013
MAAT wrote:
<quoted text> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_G._Rosne...
Home education and religion...get a life.

Some catch religion others strip.
I also recall an exotic dancer, female, who had allegedly the highest IQ.
As SZ stated IQ test become worthless at the level of these people. However while your stripper took off her clothes the Russian Guy was solving a million dollar math problem.

You must be so proud that one of your slime bottom suckers that get naked to make money has a high IQ.

Well one of my country's members solves a math problem that no one else could.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#77391 Feb 25, 2013
MAAT wrote:
<quoted text>Reminds me of a mention in a link on science in Russia.
Gd- gene found in students and population of Komora.

Did they mention what god?
'Reclusive life leads to overdosing on gods.'
Just that he believes the must be a God that created the universe and all life in it.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#77392 Feb 25, 2013
MAAT wrote:
<quoted text>Reminds me of a mention in a link on science in Russia.
Gd- gene found in students and population of Komora.

Did they mention what god?
'Reclusive life leads to overdosing on gods.'


There not the.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 5 min -Lea- 18,586
Change "1" letter =ONLY= (Oct '12) 6 min Old Sam 3,439
JUST SAY SOMETHING. Whatever comes to mind!! (Aug '09) 7 min Adrian DeVine 28,498
I cyber ice-bucket challenge ...in recognition ... 8 min SLY WEST 3
6 letter word ...change one letter game (Oct '08) 8 min Old Sam 25,821
keep a word drop a word (Sep '12) 9 min Old Sam 6,526
Food List (Aug '13) 11 min Old Sam 1,162
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 43 min janice 145,180
Texas Governor Rick Perry Indicted 1 hr Bill 236
Fergson Police Dept. 1 hr CNN Don Queer Lemon 364
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Weird People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••