Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#76839 Feb 21, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>Well surely that can't be right!

:-o

After all, evolution is all part of the evil worldwide atheist evolutionist Darwinist conspracy, involving multiple Governments, every major scientific institution, the courts and public schools. They've infiltrated us all at the most elistist levels!!!
It is correct and quit calling me Shirley!

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#76840 Feb 21, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>The FSM isn't real!?

Nooooooooooo!!!

Say it ain't so!

Now my life has no meaning.

And I no longer know right from wrong.

Oh, woe is me.
No that's ok FSM is real you just keep worshiping it and keep making burnt offerings to It.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#76841 Feb 21, 2013
Woodtick wrote:
Woodstock?!?!

Stupid airport bar iPads....
No you were just dreaming you could be at Woodstock (again?)

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#76842 Feb 21, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text>Look before you leap.
Can I give her a bit of a push?

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#76843 Feb 21, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>Isn't it though?
Like wise.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#76844 Feb 21, 2013
MAAT wrote:
<quoted text>Hmm i would say different than you thought.

I say sometimes i envy people with a more monomanic disposition.
Untill I run into people like Charles or HTS that is.
Damn, still didn't make the list!

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#76845 Feb 21, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
Arrgh! Let me try that link again:

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...
Not sure of your point here.

Jesus did descend into hell for 3 days and nights then he rose from the dead.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#76846 Feb 21, 2013
MAAT wrote:
<quoted text>Matthew 12:40
King James Version (KJV)

40 For as Jonas was three days and three nights in the whale's belly; so shall the Son of man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth.

When man ventures beyond the stars of heaven and the foudations of the earth He will seize to exist. Forgot the origin.
So the intelligent design of the bible caused gods death, and not space-travel or mining sofar.
You need to brush up on your English.

"Indeed, it would be rather juvenile to misspell God simply in order to insult theists. If such an atheist had so little respect for another person, why even waste the time writing to them in the first place, much less deliberately trying to hurt them at the same time? While that may actually be the case with some atheists who write the word 'god' with a lowercase 'g,' "

http://atheism.about.com/od/doesgodexist/a/ca...

"The use of capitalization, as for a proper noun, has persisted to disambiguate the concept of a singular God, specifically the Christian God, from pagan deities for which lower case god has continued to be applied, mirroring the use of Latin deus. Pronouns referring to God are also often capitalized and are traditionally in the masculine gender, i.e. "He", "Him", "His" etc.[12][13] However, some people have referred to God in feminine terms, such as "She" and "Her". "

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/God_ (word)

"god-– Lowercase this when used as a prefix. Examples: godchild, goddaughter, godfather, godlike, godliness, godmother, godsend, godson, godspeed. Do not hyphenate
gods and goddesses – Capitalize God and similar names of the deity of a monotheistic religion: Allah, God, God the Father, Holy Ghost, Holy Spirit, Jehovah, Jesus Christ, the Redeemer, the Son of God, the Son of Man, Yahweh. Lowercase the personal pronouns he, him, thee, they, thou, who, whose, in references to monotheistic deities. Lowercase gods andgoddesses in references to the deities of polytheistic religions, but capitalize formal names. Lowercase god in references to false gods. He made money her god."

http://www.gcsu.edu/communications/g.htm

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#76847 Feb 21, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Then where is the evidence supporting the existence of the god you claim exists?
The universe is a strong evidence of God's existence.
The credit of bringing the universe into lime light can not be given to plants, humans or animals.
So, saying i don't know when there is an answer is foolishness in the highest order. God exist.

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#76848 Feb 21, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Can I give her a bit of a push?
Lol

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#76849 Feb 21, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, and how long was Jesus dead according to myth, I mean the Bible?

Let's see, he was crucified on a Friday, it was a rush job so instead of lasting for days he died Friday late afternoon. And we know that the tomb was supposed to be empty sometime before sunup on Sunday morning. So let's count.

Friday afternoon to Saturday morning. That is one night. Saturday morning to Saturday afternoon, that is a day and a night (I am doing a running total) Saturday afternoon to Sunday morning. That is 2 nights and 1 day. Oops, that is only half of the time that Jesus predicted himself. A major unfulfilled prophesy. And that is if he rose. It is more likely that he was stolen and spirited away. The incompetents could not wait three days and sprung him early.
http://www.apologeticspress.org/apcontent.asp...

"While to the 21st-century reader these statements may initially appear to contradict one another, in reality, they harmonize perfectly if one understands the different, and sometimes more liberal, methods ancients often used when reckoning time. In the first century, any part of a day could be computed for the whole day and the night following it (cf. Lightfoot, 1979, pp. 210-211). The Jerusalem Talmudquotes rabbi Eleazar ben Azariah, who lived around A.D. 100, as saying:“A day and night are an Onah [‘a portion of time’] and the portion of an Onah is as the whole of it”(fromJerusalem Talmud: Shabbath ix. 3, as quoted in Hoehner, 1974, pp. 248-249, bracketed comment in orig.). Azariah indicated that a portion of a 24-hour period could be considered the same “as the whole of it.” Thus, as awkward as it may sound to an American living in the 21st century, a person in ancient times could legitimately speak of something occurring “on the third day,”“after three days,” or after “three days and three nights,” yet still be referring to the same exact day."

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#76850 Feb 21, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
No that's ok FSM is real you just keep worshiping it and keep making burnt offerings to It.
Lol

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#76851 Feb 21, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Not sure of your point here.
Jesus did descend into hell for 3 days and nights then he rose from the dead.
Nope, 2 nights one day. He predicted 3 full days and nights. It is nice to see that Langy cannot count either. He was "dead" half of the time that he predicted himself to be in your very own Bible.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#76852 Feb 21, 2013
MAAT wrote:
<quoted text>Coffee is so usefull.
...running total...i allready wondered what you were up to.:)

Ofcourse they had to sring him erly otherwise if would have been fraticide or suicide (double suicide) necrocide? In any case theocide.
One would think that you would know to read the bible using language as it was when written. I guess that's too much to ask of an atheist they have an agenda to carry out!

This is a perfect example of an Atheist that DOES believe there is no God.

Not an atheist that has an absence of all believe.

Merriam-Webster
athe·ist\ˈā-thē-ist\
noun
: one who believes that there is no deity

Point proven yet again!

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Seffner, FL

#76853 Feb 21, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
One would think that you would know to read the bible using language as it was when written. I guess that's too much to ask of an atheist they have an agenda to carry out!
One would think that a god would be able to keep better control over the translations of his holy word so as not to confuse his people.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#76854 Feb 21, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.apologeticspress.org/apcontent.asp...
"While to the 21st-century reader these statements may initially appear to contradict one another, in reality, they harmonize perfectly if one understands the different, and sometimes more liberal, methods ancients often used when reckoning time. In the first century, any part of a day could be computed for the whole day and the night following it (cf. Lightfoot, 1979, pp. 210-211). The Jerusalem Talmudquotes rabbi Eleazar ben Azariah, who lived around A.D. 100, as saying:“A day and night are an Onah [‘a portion of time’] and the portion of an Onah is as the whole of it”(fromJerusalem Talmud: Shabbath ix. 3, as quoted in Hoehner, 1974, pp. 248-249, bracketed comment in orig.). Azariah indicated that a portion of a 24-hour period could be considered the same “as the whole of it.” Thus, as awkward as it may sound to an American living in the 21st century, a person in ancient times could legitimately speak of something occurring “on the third day,”“after three days,” or after “three days and three nights,” yet still be referring to the same exact day."
Must grasp at straws.

Sorry, that excuse does not fly when he specifically claims that he will be buried three days and three nights. Read the verse again. That can apply if you use a very very liberal definition of "day", and that was not the definition of "day" at that time since a day went from sunset to sunset.

So your own book disagrees with itself. Of course this is just one of many many self contradictions in the Bible. And there will always be people who try to explain the errors away.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#76855 Feb 21, 2013
Langoliers, if you use your faulty logic then all predictions of the future can never be proclaimed to have been fulfilled on the correct day since you can use any definition you want for time.

Of course all Biblical prophesies fail under the cold harsh light of reality.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#76856 Feb 21, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> The universe is a strong evidence of God's existence.
The credit of bringing the universe into lime light can not be given to plants, humans or animals.
So, saying i don't know when there is an answer is foolishness in the highest order. God exist.
How many times do you have to be told, that is not evidence, that's still an assertion you are presenting. I asked for evidence. Do you need to have what evidence is explained to you?

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#76857 Feb 21, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.apologeticspress.org/apcontent.asp...
"While to the 21st-century reader these statements may initially appear to contradict one another, in reality, they harmonize perfectly if one understands the different, and sometimes more liberal, methods ancients often used when reckoning time. In the first century, any part of a day could be computed for the whole day and the night following it (cf. Lightfoot, 1979, pp. 210-211). The Jerusalem Talmudquotes rabbi Eleazar ben Azariah, who lived around A.D. 100, as saying:“A day and night are an Onah [‘a portion of time’] and the portion of an Onah is as the whole of it”(fromJerusalem Talmud: Shabbath ix. 3, as quoted in Hoehner, 1974, pp. 248-249, bracketed comment in orig.). Azariah indicated that a portion of a 24-hour period could be considered the same “as the whole of it.” Thus, as awkward as it may sound to an American living in the 21st century, a person in ancient times could legitimately speak of something occurring “on the third day,”“after three days,” or after “three days and three nights,” yet still be referring to the same exact day."
All that says is that you are making it up as you go along.

Level 5

Since: Apr 12

Taizhou, China

#76858 Feb 21, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
He is the same today, yesterday and forever.

I wrote:
Then why does Luke 2:52 say that "Jesus grew in wisdom and stature, and in favor with God and man"?

Charles Idemi wrote:
Remember, Jesus came in the form of flesh, to be born of a woman.
So, he must grow definitely from being a child to an adult.

And thats supposed to reconcile Luke 2:52 with your statement that Jesus is the same today, yesterday and forever?
If so, I don't understand. Please explain further.
If not, thank you for the red herring.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Keep a Word.....Drop a Word Game (Sep '13) 7 min whatimeisit 6,240
Word Association (Mar '10) 11 min whatimeisit 16,111
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 26 min Wolftracks 149,015
Make a Story / 4 Words Only (Nov '08) 1 hr Grace Nerissa 24,574
Do you have a Topix crush? (Jun '11) 1 hr Princess Hey 6,832
topix.com describe in one word (Apr '13) 2 hr Enzo49 143
If you could live in a book ~ 2 hr Emerald 4
True or False Game 5 hr SLY WEST 383
During Obama's Speech at Democratic Campaign Ra... 5 hr SLY WEST 32
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 6 hr -Lea- 22,231

Weird People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE