Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Comments (Page 3,617)

Showing posts 72,321 - 72,340 of111,924
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

TerryL wrote:
<quoted text>Accepting thing based on evidence requires no faith. There is a reason religion requires faith... but I doubt you'll ever admit to the reason.
That is your opinion, whether good or bad.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you.
I no longer believe in gravity.
I should go flying now.
Hehehe.

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

TerryL wrote:
<quoted text>LOL! You really need to learn the definitions of words you attempt to use!
Likewise.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> What is really your point?
Execution, crucifixions, etc, can be used as synonyms. No forgery.
Okay - but if it turns out he was hanged, are you going to start wearing a noose as jewelry?

Level 5

Since: Apr 12

Taizhou, China

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

KittenKoder wrote:
So Spiderman really exists too, based on this logic. Evidence is required because that's what you get, a bunch of people believing Spiderman is a real person because he lives in a real place.
You mean because Spiderman lives in New York?

Marky also says that the Bible is true because it mentions King Herod, and King Herod was an actual person.
Another contributor--I forgot who he was--said that President Obama appeared in a Spiderman story, and President Obama is an actual person, so Spiderman comic books must also be true.
But that didn't convince Marky.
Marky's logic works only when it is convenient for Marky.

““You must not lose faith ”

Level 5

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Thomas Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
Here is a quote which is found in many Websites:
In the nineteenth century an eminent scholar, Rabbi Wise, searched the records of Pilates court, still extant, for evidence of this trial. He found nothing.
The quote is from Deceptions and Myths of the Bible by Lloyd Graham, page 343. I cant find anything about these records, or who Rabbi Wise was, or why these records were available to only one person.
At about 95 AD, Josephus recorded that Jesus and his brother James were executed.
In the Annals of Tacitus, written about 110 AD , a Roman historian, Pilate is mentioned only one time. This Roman historian contended that the Christians derived their name from Christus, who was executed at the hands of Pontius Pilate in the reign of Tiberius. It is from the Annals of Tacitus that we learn of Rome catching on fire during the reign of Nero.
A manuscript entitled The Acts of Pilate mentions the crucifixion of Jesus and says that Pilate later converted to Christianity. However, the manuscript is now believed to be a forgery written in the Fourth Century.
One Website says that crucifixions never took place until the Second Century. Notice that Josephus says that Jesus was executed, but not necessarily crucified. Tacitus speaks of the Christians in Rome being crucified.
Usually i let things slide.
But here i find too much hineininterpretierung.
Curious as to where you got that.
Pilate seems to have been not a weakling but a cruel man that had many people crucified.
Josepus was also a pharisee, one of those who believed in resurrection as defining characteristic of phariseans.
So they might have been portrayed as some enemy in the gospel but frankly they would have been the originators of the idea.
He nevertheless pleaded with Titus to have three friends taken of the cross. One survived.
The name of jesus can not even be found in old material, but the first attestations would have in this order: christ (first and foremost without) jesus (not in that spelling) so 'king saved'.
The socalled jesus and james you mention are indeed presumed interpolation by another hand. They fit the page wrongly and are of another handwriting.
But we do know a slave leader by the name crest.
So by extenstion any rebel rousers were called crests.
I have to be carefull here because we have only three mentions in total of crestoi and variant spelling.
And church history from the east and west do not line up, as you would have expected for the earliest history.
And none of the old reports have any mention of a bloke called jesus.
Which is a bit galling for the church. Even Eusebius (4th century) sent Jerome out to see if he could find anything of use in the levant.
Nothing is suppressed but we simply lack any sources.
The church-fathers however discussed a lot of ideas, usually coming from Alexandria. And dismised those and later had papers burned. So if some original gospel (john is already late theology) existed it might not have made their bench mark.
Only later we got this entire fad of drawing parallels with the socalled OT. The first earliest papers contained three gospels(not 4)and did not have the O.T.' included, and that was the case for centuries.

Level 5

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> What is really your point?
Execution, crucifixions, etc, can be used as synonyms. No forgery.
Never mind TR, he did not get it anyway.;p

Let's all fly, like aerobatty.;)
What's that pink elephant called again with the huge ears?

Level 5

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
If scientists are recreating the big bang at LHC, wouldn't the particles be hydrogen since it is the first element produced after the big bang? Hydrogen proton attracting electrons from other sources act like the Higgs-field. Where does boson fit into the space in the universe if the universe consist of 75% hydrogen?
I read up your earier post on gematria this afternoon (for me...Charles I., is probaly they only person you have to explain datelines to, in terms of living in your future, in a land far away.)

But protium that is now rare and close to nn-existent on earth, could have only formed when the universe was cooling down again.
We have quarks and gluons to acount for that electrons and protons are made of. And the 500 forms of matter.
So 400,000 years later protium and then 25 % helium, which does however still ugest a very hot place, means a lot went on in the meantime. But we call it matter, because it is a buildingblock in our chemistry. The other kind would be more like forces as in having a close connection to quantum-forces.

Level 5

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Colorado Chick wrote:
OKAY DUDES,...take a LUNCH BREAK!! Do ya wanna reconstitute THAT "evolved" fossilized shark fin or "Create' an AMAZING Crepe filled with steak strips, red and green peppers, onions, diced potatoes covered with a Swiss Cheese sauce...Bon Appetit!!
For lunch!
Makes me wonder what you had and will have for breakfast, tea and dinner, supper and the breaks in between.
In short...how much do you weigh!

Level 5

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
If you go back to my original comment to MAAT I asked him "how is higgs-boson different from prime matter?"
Did that sound like I was making a claim that prime matter is a fact? Stop putting words in my mouth. I asked him a question because he wanted me to look up the higgs-boson. So I did and I stumbled upon the video.
It's not even MY video so why are you calling prime matter MY mystery matter? I wouldn't call quarks YOUR particles. You have no credit on the theory.
Nah. that's called shifting the problem in someone elses lap.
I had to look up prime matter.lol
Apart from trying to explain higgs-bosons field, in a pupolarized way that would not include the by Higgs hated allusion to god.
And to elucidate further.
Even if there is no higgs-boson hat CERN actuall measured was a 'field''ripple-wave' and 'grouping' effect.
So it might just be that it's composition exacerbates an allready present phenomena. Or a result instead of a cause. Or coinciding.
After all it was a mathematical theory to unite two different forces. Which required there to be such a phenomena as a 'field' that made particles change vector or in popular terms slow them down. Since in a flat universe everything would otherwise keep going straight on.
Those resultant particles were later called Z- and W- particles.

Level 5

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

To have an electron and proton, quarks and leptons had to be allready formed.
http://www.pas.rochester.edu/~pavone/particle...
Introduction into particles with lot's of links.

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

MAAT wrote:
<quoted text>
I read up your earier post on gematria this afternoon (for me...Charles I., is probaly they only person you have to explain datelines to, in terms of living in your future, in a land far away.)
lol. So you know more than I thought.

Level 5

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
I was going to ask you about the alien code you're talking about. lol. Mine is more like the concept of gematria. When I came across an e-book about God's Quantum Code, I read it hoping to find some answers. But it's all bunch of formulas that no one understands. But the author mentioned the best description that I think best describes my code. Which in his own words is the The Quadric Duality [Super-Unification] Equation and describe it as a linear alphabet to the ascending and descending numerical description.
huh? upto linear we can wiki.
You could look up the augmented Lagrangian method that avoids infinity problems and altogether lagrange works better then serendipity, though some say the latter is understudied.
Here a bunch of formulas for cube heads:
http://www.ece.ualberta.ca/~knight/ece632/fea...

Level 5

above and beyond

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

MAAT wrote:
<quoted text>huh? upto linear we can wiki.
You could look up the augmented Lagrangian method that avoids infinity problems and altogether lagrange works better then serendipity, though some say the latter is understudied.
lol. you won't find the code online, MAAT. There is no reason for anyone to know it anyways.

Level 5

above and beyond

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

MAAT wrote:
<quoted text>huh? upto linear we can wiki.
what infinity problems are you talking about?

Level 5

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
lol. you won't find the code online, MAAT. There is no reason for anyone to know it anyways.
I figured that after reading gematria and ...alphabet.
Lagrangians are however used a lot in physics.

But i had a lot of fun on the other board with a guy who did the gematria in hebrew starting with bereshys.
Plunge the formula in it (matrix times...)and out pop some numbers that are again related to letters.
It needed however an entire word list and lots of symbolic interpretation.
And that's where the fun came in. In that way we struggled through several lines.
But i would not do it with any alphabet.

Level 5

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
what infinity problems are you talking about?
lol talk to the hand or rather to these guys:
http://imechanica.org/node/8325
Or Kittenkoder would be a good choice.

An object moving relative to it's first position. A lagrangian would always show were your starting point was.
Skimming thus, what i understood is that quadruple duality in lagrangian geometry would be not much different form ordinary duality.
Serendipity apperently does not keep it's starting point so is more usefull for what ever people do with computers when they make list of some sort of mysterious acts to sort information.
I might read up...

Level 5

above and beyond

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

MAAT wrote:
<quoted text>
I figured that after reading gematria and ...alphabet.
Lagrangians are however used a lot in physics.
But i had a lot of fun on the other board with a guy who did the gematria in hebrew starting with bereshys.
Plunge the formula in it (matrix times...)and out pop some numbers that are again related to letters.
It needed however an entire word list and lots of symbolic interpretation.
And that's where the fun came in. In that way we struggled through several lines.
But i would not do it with any alphabet.
I don't mess with any kind of gematria. I only use mine. It's a similar concept but totally different alpha-numeric equivalents and system.

Anyways, never heard of Lagrangians. Is that something like golden ratio or Fibonacci sequence? Why is it used in physics? The numbers that are significant in my code can be found in many mathematical formulas. Coincidence?

Level 5

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

wat Ching chun seems a samrt cookie:I think both elements can give complete polynomial but the degree of completeness are different. I believe that you can achieve the desired degree of completeness with either/both Serendipity and Lagrangian by selecting different number and location of nodes to construct your shape functions. For instance, a 9-node quadrilateral largangian element is 2nd-order complete, meaning that it can replicate any quadratic function, while a 8-node quadrilateral is only 1st-order complete, meaning that it can replicate any linear function but certainly not every quadratic function due to the lack of interiror node.

they are in the constructon business apparently and try to make depictions to measure strenght etc.

Level 5

above and beyond

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

MAAT wrote:
<quoted text>
lol talk to the hand or rather to these guys:
http://imechanica.org/node/8325
Or Kittenkoder would be a good choice.
An object moving relative to it's first position. A lagrangian would always show were your starting point was.
Skimming thus, what i understood is that quadruple duality in lagrangian geometry would be not much different form ordinary duality.
Serendipity apperently does not keep it's starting point so is more usefull for what ever people do with computers when they make list of some sort of mysterious acts to sort information.
I might read up...
my code has a starting point and an end point, ascending order and descending order. It's really simple. But it ties in with actual events, not just numerical values of any word.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 72,321 - 72,340 of111,924
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••