Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Comments (Page 3,615)

Showing posts 72,281 - 72,300 of106,055
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Lakeland, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>Geez, just hit G, A, then D and you have 300 songs there.
Easily.

““You must not lose faith ”

Level 5

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
You did not realy understand it, did you? It says it has a positive and negative charge but its fields are intertwined and inward facing. It is "perceived" as neutral so it can't be seen or felt with present instrument.
It basically has the same idea as quarks, but quarks are theorized as little strings, thus the string theory. So if you're confident that quarks exist because it can be measured, why not prime matter?
The video tells you measurement of particles, the positive charge attracted prime matter particles after energy split prime matter into positive and negative charge, a positron and electron. The positron attracted 918 prime matter particles clumped together in 5 layers as neutrinos and became the proton. This proton attracted the electron but kept it at a distance. And this simple element with one proton and one electron is called Hydrogen.
No, quarks are not theorized as strings outside of string theory.

so it can't be detected, but you know it is there how? again we CAN actually measure quarks electric charge. not your mystery mattter though...

yes we have hydrogen. no need for your mystery matter, just the proton and hte electron...

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

gotta get ready to head to arizona.

C-Ya!

Level 5

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
You did not realy understand it, did you? It says it has a positive and negative charge but its fields are intertwined and inward facing. It is "perceived" as neutral so it can't be seen or felt with present instrument.
It basically has the same idea as quarks, but quarks are theorized as little strings, thus the string theory. So if you're confident that quarks exist because it can be measured, why not prime matter?
The video tells you measurement of particles, the positive charge attracted prime matter particles after energy split prime matter into positive and negative charge, a positron and electron. The positron attracted 918 prime matter particles clumped together in 5 layers as neutrinos and became the proton. This proton attracted the electron but kept it at a distance. And this simple element with one proton and one electron is called Hydrogen.
It's about the pesky little statements in the beginning. You see the white balls: no charge primal matter (Aristotle);
and then as if 400,000 years did not happen on to promium, from there it's straigh forward.
But fysics worked hard on results as in the two articles form sciendaily i gave. A hot soup of quarks and gluons is the ordinary apprach. And before that branes like geons? Though presumably they needed a colder phase.
Lykken suggest that the higgs-boson all by itself can create a new universe. Well not buying into that one.

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>No, quarks are not theorized as strings outside of string theory.
so it can't be detected, but you know it is there how? again we CAN actually measure quarks electric charge. not your mystery mattter though...
yes we have hydrogen. no need for your mystery matter, just the proton and hte electron...
Well that's going to be the debate between scientists.

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

MAAT wrote:
<quoted text>
It's about the pesky little statements in the beginning. You see the white balls: no charge primal matter (Aristotle);
and then as if 400,000 years did not happen on to promium, from there it's straigh forward.
But fysics worked hard on results as in the two articles form sciendaily i gave. A hot soup of quarks and gluons is the ordinary apprach. And before that branes like geons? Though presumably they needed a colder phase.
Lykken suggest that the higgs-boson all by itself can create a new universe. Well not buying into that one.
Remember when they said that when they turn on the LHC, it will create a mini-blackhole? lol

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
Remember when they said that when they turn on the LHC, it will create a mini-blackhole? lol
Laffin.

Level 5

Since: Apr 12

Taizhou, China

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Anyone else ever been on the Religion and Spirituality category in Yahoo Answers?
Theists posing questions in that category tend to divide the entire world into Christians and atheists.

Level 5

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

woodtick57 wrote:
gotta get ready to head to arizona.
C-Ya!
Take care.

Level 5

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
lol indeed, and i hoped a geon would appear!

But as to primal matter: no charge , and just extension.
'Of what?'I asked.
In the link of Christine M al the way to the end:

Aristotle recognized that there are many aspects of the Universe that point to the actuality of the apeiron. For example, it seems possible that time goes on forever, and the space is infinitely divisible (any line segment contains an infinite number of points). However, to protect his a priori finite world, Aristotle invented the notion of potentially infinite as opposed to actually infinite.

For example, Aristotle would state that the set of natural numbers is potentially infinite, since there is no largest natural number, but he would deny that the set is actually infinite, since it does not exist as one finished thing.

Level 5

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
Well that's going to be the debate between scientists.
I get the distinct feeling i have the read that science link again, since the obtuse thingies come wrapped and could therefore not be directly measured. So they had to invent an entire lattice based virtual environment to do measurements.

I'll gladly leave it to the scientist but the thing is that you have to read it later anyway. lol

Level 5

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Thomas Robertson wrote:
Anyone else ever been on the Religion and Spirituality category in Yahoo Answers?
Theists posing questions in that category tend to divide the entire world into Christians and atheists.
No, overhere in the line : what scientist actually think:...
we allready have this going on.
I recall one poster that took a comment on the wrong attributions people gave to the higgs-boson as my attack on evolutionst!
Both sides can go slightly over the top.
But i'ld say nothing beats the judaism forum. Every crank has a go.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Subduction Zone wrote:
I see that Langoliers is misreading the PEW poll. Yes, atheism does have a higher percentage that leave it than religions do. Yet it is growing faster than religions according to the PEW poll too. How could that be?
And the fact that Atheism is growing faster than religions is the critical number. One of the reason that atheism loses people is that many people do get tired when fighting the majority. Since atheism is growing faster than religion that will not always be a problem.
Hmmmm more BS from SZ?? Go figure!

"Since atheism is growing faster than religion that will not always be a problem."

Wikipedia:
"Nonreligious
Further information: Irreligion by country
See also: Demographics of atheism
Variously defined, irreligion appears to be increasing (along with secularizationgenerally), particularly in some Western countries. It is increasing in absolute numbers with overall population growth, but is DECREASING as a percentage of the world population"

Yup good old non believers percentage world wide is in FACT DECREASING!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks for the education.
Any time buddy.

Level 5

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

people i'm calling it a night.
have a good one.:)

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

MAAT wrote:
government or gemeente, as to the universe running on beer. Poster suggest the proper spelling is tax.
Now say WHAT! langoliers
What?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>Did you check out your Bible? No, you didn't. Do you need the whole chapter that describes how God carved this in stone and the modern day interpretation of that commandment is a ban on cheeseburgers.

I know, it is crazy, but true. No wonder most Christians go to such lengths to avoid that embarrassment.
The importance of the Ten Words is seen in the facts that they are the first written material in Scripture specified as authoritatively binding (but note Gen 5:1and Exod 17:14) and that they are the only portion of the Bible that we are told was "written with the finger of God" (Exod 31:18, Deut 9:10; cf. Exod 24:12, 32:15-16; Deut 5:22). They are classified as "the words of the covenant" (Exod 34:27-28), which highlights how they and all the rest of Scripture that develops from them were not the decrees of a distant Dictator but the loving instructions of a covenant Father to his vassal children, all designed to sustain relationship in the context of freedom. The Ten Words are the only part of the Bible that was placed in the ark of the covenant (Exod 40:20-21, Deut 10:1-5), and they stand in a foundational position at the head of all other instructions in Exodus and Deuteronomy. They are also echoed throughout Scripture as a summary of what it means to love God and neighbor (see Hos 4:2; Jer 7:9; Pss 50:16-23,81:9; Matt 5:21, 19:18; Mark 10:19; Luke 18:20; Rom 13:9). All these elements display the unique role the Ten Words played among those faithful to Yahweh.[1]

http://thegospelcoalition.org/blogs/tgc/2012/...

SZ getting tired of being wrong?
Humanoid

Kansas City, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
Experience. People don't understand the mind and why there are mental disorders and don't know how to deal with them. It's like being being born with an ability but don't know how to use it. Well I figured it out.
Probably not. The human in you will not allow such intelligence. Your best choices are God or bones.....manmade devices. Just one question, humans are discovering the universe is beyond comprehension......larger than life. Aliods(alien gods) need more studying and evaluating. Project Blue Book and SETI ....were not intended to find God after all.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>Most people that are free thinkers or nonbelievers don't call themselves atheist, much like I have been telling you for years.

i would never answer a poll saying i was an ateist because i am not one.
Bla Bla Bla. The number are posted all over the place survey after survey. You guys just aren't as popular as you think you are period.

Why does it pain you guys so much?
You want to be free thinkers why then do you feel the need to over state your numbers time and time again.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 72,281 - 72,300 of106,055
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••