Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#76751 Feb 20, 2013
TerryL wrote:
<quoted text>Yet you MUST in order to maintain your religous views. There is nothing in reality that supports your 'god'. If there was, we wouldn't be having these 'discussions'. So, in fact, you deny reality in order to maintain your 'faith'.
You are one sided.
Remember, there are two sides to a coin.
From your premise, you too are defending your faith.

Level 2

Location hidden

#76752 Feb 20, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
You never seem to have a problem denying reality.
Irony!

Level 2

Location hidden

#76753 Feb 20, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Yup.
I have.
Several times, in fact.
I've won every time, so far.
If you can defeat death, then you can defeat God, if that is possible.

“Leave That Thing Alone!”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#76754 Feb 20, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Baseless assertions!
God exist and science can never rule that out, except the atheist.
So, you are once again wrong.
LOL! Your wrote:

"Baseless assertions"

and followed it up with:

"God exist"

ROTFLMAO!!

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Seffner, FL

#76755 Feb 20, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Irony!
Isn't it though?

Location hidden

#76756 Feb 20, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> You are one sided.
Remember, there are two sides to a coin.
From your premise, you too are defending your faith.
Accepting thing based on evidence requires no faith. There is a reason religion requires faith... but I doubt you'll ever admit to the reason.

Location hidden

#76757 Feb 20, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Irony!
LOL! You really need to learn the definitions of words you attempt to use!

Level 2

Location hidden

#76758 Feb 20, 2013
TerryL wrote:
<quoted text>LOL! Your wrote:
"Baseless assertions"
and followed it up with:
"God exist"
ROTFLMAO!!
Now tell me how did the universe came into form?

Level 2

Location hidden

#76759 Feb 20, 2013
TerryL wrote:
<quoted text>Accepting thing based on evidence requires no faith. There is a reason religion requires faith... but I doubt you'll ever admit to the reason.
That is your opinion, whether good or bad.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#76760 Feb 20, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you.
I no longer believe in gravity.
I should go flying now.
Hehehe.

Level 2

Location hidden

#76761 Feb 20, 2013
TerryL wrote:
<quoted text>LOL! You really need to learn the definitions of words you attempt to use!
Likewise.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#76762 Feb 20, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> What is really your point?
Execution, crucifixions, etc, can be used as synonyms. No forgery.
Okay - but if it turns out he was hanged, are you going to start wearing a noose as jewelry?

Level 5

Since: Apr 12

Taizhou, China

#76763 Feb 20, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
So Spiderman really exists too, based on this logic. Evidence is required because that's what you get, a bunch of people believing Spiderman is a real person because he lives in a real place.
You mean because Spiderman lives in New York?

Marky also says that the Bible is true because it mentions King Herod, and King Herod was an actual person.
Another contributor--I forgot who he was--said that President Obama appeared in a Spiderman story, and President Obama is an actual person, so Spiderman comic books must also be true.
But that didn't convince Marky.
Marky's logic works only when it is convenient for Marky.

““You must not lose faith ”

Level 5

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#76764 Feb 20, 2013
Thomas Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
Here is a quote which is found in many Websites:
“In the nineteenth century an eminent scholar, Rabbi Wise, searched the records of Pilate’s court, still extant, for evidence of this trial. He found nothing.
The quote is from Deceptions and Myths of the Bible by Lloyd Graham, page 343. I can’t find anything about these records, or who Rabbi Wise was, or why these records were available to only one person.
At about 95 AD, Josephus recorded that Jesus and his brother James were executed.
In the Annals of Tacitus, written about 110 AD , a Roman historian, Pilate is mentioned only one time. This Roman historian contended that the “Christians” derived their name from “Christus,” who “was executed at the hands of Pontius Pilate in the reign of Tiberius.” It is from the Annals of Tacitus that we learn of Rome catching on fire during the reign of Nero.
A manuscript entitled The Acts of Pilate mentions the crucifixion of Jesus and says that Pilate later converted to Christianity. However, the manuscript is now believed to be a forgery written in the Fourth Century.
One Website says that crucifixions never took place until the Second Century. Notice that Josephus says that Jesus was executed, but not necessarily crucified. Tacitus speaks of the Christians in Rome being crucified.
Usually i let things slide.
But here i find too much hineininterpretierung.
Curious as to where you got that.
Pilate seems to have been not a weakling but a cruel man that had many people crucified.
Josepus was also a pharisee, one of those who believed in resurrection as defining characteristic of phariseans.
So they might have been portrayed as some enemy in the gospel but frankly they would have been the originators of the idea.
He nevertheless pleaded with Titus to have three friends taken of the cross. One survived.
The name of jesus can not even be found in old material, but the first attestations would have in this order: christ (first and foremost without) jesus (not in that spelling) so 'king saved'.
The socalled jesus and james you mention are indeed presumed interpolation by another hand. They fit the page wrongly and are of another handwriting.
But we do know a slave leader by the name crest.
So by extenstion any rebel rousers were called crests.
I have to be carefull here because we have only three mentions in total of crestoi and variant spelling.
And church history from the east and west do not line up, as you would have expected for the earliest history.
And none of the old reports have any mention of a bloke called jesus.
Which is a bit galling for the church. Even Eusebius (4th century) sent Jerome out to see if he could find anything of use in the levant.
Nothing is suppressed but we simply lack any sources.
The church-fathers however discussed a lot of ideas, usually coming from Alexandria. And dismised those and later had papers burned. So if some original gospel (john is already late theology) existed it might not have made their bench mark.
Only later we got this entire fad of drawing parallels with the socalled OT. The first earliest papers contained three gospels(not 4)and did not have the O.T.' included, and that was the case for centuries.

Level 5

Location hidden

#76765 Feb 20, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> What is really your point?
Execution, crucifixions, etc, can be used as synonyms. No forgery.
Never mind TR, he did not get it anyway.;p

Let's all fly, like aerobatty.;)
What's that pink elephant called again with the huge ears?

Level 5

Location hidden

#76766 Feb 20, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
If scientists are recreating the big bang at LHC, wouldn't the particles be hydrogen since it is the first element produced after the big bang? Hydrogen proton attracting electrons from other sources act like the Higgs-field. Where does boson fit into the space in the universe if the universe consist of 75% hydrogen?
I read up your earier post on gematria this afternoon (for me...Charles I., is probaly they only person you have to explain datelines to, in terms of living in your future, in a land far away.)

But protium that is now rare and close to nn-existent on earth, could have only formed when the universe was cooling down again.
We have quarks and gluons to acount for that electrons and protons are made of. And the 500 forms of matter.
So 400,000 years later protium and then 25 % helium, which does however still ugest a very hot place, means a lot went on in the meantime. But we call it matter, because it is a buildingblock in our chemistry. The other kind would be more like forces as in having a close connection to quantum-forces.

Level 5

Location hidden

#76767 Feb 20, 2013
Colorado Chick wrote:
OKAY DUDES,...take a LUNCH BREAK!! Do ya wanna reconstitute THAT "evolved" fossilized shark fin or "Create' an AMAZING Crepe filled with steak strips, red and green peppers, onions, diced potatoes covered with a Swiss Cheese sauce...Bon Appetit!!
For lunch!
Makes me wonder what you had and will have for breakfast, tea and dinner, supper and the breaks in between.
In short...how much do you weigh!

Level 5

Location hidden

#76768 Feb 20, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
If you go back to my original comment to MAAT I asked him "how is higgs-boson different from prime matter?"
Did that sound like I was making a claim that prime matter is a fact? Stop putting words in my mouth. I asked him a question because he wanted me to look up the higgs-boson. So I did and I stumbled upon the video.
It's not even MY video so why are you calling prime matter MY mystery matter? I wouldn't call quarks YOUR particles. You have no credit on the theory.
Nah. that's called shifting the problem in someone elses lap.
I had to look up prime matter.lol
Apart from trying to explain higgs-bosons field, in a pupolarized way that would not include the by Higgs hated allusion to god.
And to elucidate further.
Even if there is no higgs-boson hat CERN actuall measured was a 'field''ripple-wave' and 'grouping' effect.
So it might just be that it's composition exacerbates an allready present phenomena. Or a result instead of a cause. Or coinciding.
After all it was a mathematical theory to unite two different forces. Which required there to be such a phenomena as a 'field' that made particles change vector or in popular terms slow them down. Since in a flat universe everything would otherwise keep going straight on.
Those resultant particles were later called Z- and W- particles.

Level 5

Location hidden

#76769 Feb 20, 2013
To have an electron and proton, quarks and leptons had to be allready formed.
http://www.pas.rochester.edu/~pavone/particle...
Introduction into particles with lot's of links.

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

#76771 Feb 20, 2013
MAAT wrote:
<quoted text>
I read up your earier post on gematria this afternoon (for me...Charles I., is probaly they only person you have to explain datelines to, in terms of living in your future, in a land far away.)
lol. So you know more than I thought.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Make a Story / 4 Words Only (Nov '08) 6 min Grace Nerissa 24,103
What's your tip for the day? 8 min SLY WEST 1,029
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 9 min Grace Nerissa 36,440
IS IT Better to Give Than Receive ? (Feb '14) 26 min JailBroke 31
10-Year-Old Goldfish Undergoes Brain Surgery 37 min pak yuda 35
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 56 min wichita-rick 147,023
Do you have a Topix crush? (Jun '11) 1 hr SLY WEST 5,592
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 4 hr -Kevin- 20,051
I Like..... (Mar '14) 4 hr Petal Power 280
•••