Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Comments (Page 3,603)

Showing posts 72,041 - 72,060 of106,031
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Maccullochella macquariensis”

Since: May 08

Melbourne, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Judged:

The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
http://i.crackedcdn.com/phpimages/article/6/0...
Beer is proof God wants us to be happy!
:-p
Really? I always thought beer was god's way making sure even ugly people got laid.

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong, I can demonstrate that I understand evidence. I have before for others. Most of you creatards prefer to bask in ignorance. When you want to see the real world contact me.
Look at him, a bloody mortal saying this. I reserved my comments.

“Leave That Thing Alone!”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> I am not saying this inwardly or secretly but openly or outwardly.
Atheism is a religion or faith. Period.
Blah blah blah... yeah, I know... bald is a hair color, abstinence is a sexual position, not collecting stamps is a hobby, short is tall, up is down, fat is skinny, lying is only a sin for christians if they are not promoting their faith in the process... etc, etc, etc

“Maccullochella macquariensis”

Since: May 08

Melbourne, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually since I've read more science than you do, I'd wager I understand them better than you do.
In fact other than the concept of fundamentalism, understanding anything seems to be a skill you lack.
Sorry Dude (again) but Chuck does not understand fundamentalism, if he did he would not be a fundamentalist. What he actually does is mindlessly repeat tired old long refuted fundamentalists non-arguments. He has a good memory for fundy bullet points and catch-phrases, but no discernible critical faculties to evaluate them.

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
No, because all the archaeology in the world is not evidence of invisible Jewish wizards. And in summary, there was VALID archaeological evidence of Harry Potter, which you merely DISMISSED out of hand because more archaeological finds support the Bible.
And I since pointed out in turn that more archaeological finds support ancient Egypt.
You resorted to further dishonesty and started talking about modern Muslims in Egypt.
Phew!
I have an indepth knowledge of the ancient Egyptians.
They were actually dark skinned race who later infiltrated by the Arab whites.
And again, Harry Potter is a fiction while the bible is not.

“Leave That Thing Alone!”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text>All thanks goes to the most high God.
Haile Selassie I?
bohart

Morristown, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Kong_ wrote:
<quoted text>
So, are you saying it's outside of the power of God to have created life in the manner described by science?
Science says God created life? Wow! they must have dropped the cloak of blindness and denial for a moment.
bohart

Morristown, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
You're lying again. I repeat (again) that maternity wards ARE evidence NOT that chemical abiogenesis occurred, but that life coming from natural chemical processes IS possible, and therefore MAY be possible for abiogenesis. And as always, science IS also open to the possibility that abio MAY also be wrong.
You on the other hand have already concluded it IS wrong because Jewmagic.
<quoted text>
Nah, most idiotic analogy is humans make stuff therefore it proves invisible magic Jew wizards. In the meantime instead of forming coherent arguments you can only make lame jokes, lie a lot, and never address a single error.
That's why you just avoided that just now when you switched the subject (again) back to abio instead of the Big Bang.
Of course this does mean (again) that the actual content of my posts go unaddressed.
So yeah, you are out of your element. You're not capable of discussing science and never have been.
And evolution still remains a valid working theory, and in fact the ONLY scientific theory in biology, despite all your best efforts.
Damn you can't get shit right can you? a maternity ward is proof that life only comes from existing life you puddlegooist moron.Is that how you discuss science by lying about the chemical process?
Boy you are daft, as I said comparing the beginning of all life with a maternity ward where existing life gives birth .Be careful! if a logical thought ever runs through your head there will be a big bang.

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Lakeland, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Judged:

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Dreaming!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Exodus

According to Exodus 12:37-38, the Israelites numbered "about six hundred thousand men on foot, besides women and children," plus many non-Israelites and livestock.[15] Numbers 1:46 gives a more precise total of 603,550.[16] The 600,000, plus wives, children, the elderly, and the "mixed multitude" of non-Israelites would have numbered some 2 million people,[17] compared with an entire Egyptian population in 1250 BCE of around 3 to 3.5 million.[18] Marching ten abreast, and without accounting for livestock, they would have formed a line 150 miles long.[19]

No evidence has been found that indicates Egypt ever suffered such a demographic and economic catastrophe or that the Sinai desert ever hosted (or could have hosted) these millions of people and their herds.[20] Some scholars have rationalised these numbers into smaller figures...

A century of research by archaeologists and Egyptologists has found no evidence which can be directly related to the Exodus captivity and the escape and travels through the wilderness,[3] and most archaeologists have abandoned the archaeological investigation of Moses and the Exodus as "a fruitless pursuit".[
Anonymous

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Judged:

I see that things are still the same here, still bullying people, I'm an atheist and also get frustrated by some of the more extreme fundies, but there is no need to be so hostile to people just because they have faith, I am an athiest only because there is no evidence for a god, that is all, our existence is still unexplainable by science and the problem of consciousness puts anything we know or think we know into doubt, there is no evidence for a god and that is why I don't believe in a god, but there is something about our existence and universe that we do not understand, and maybe never will, allthoe I think eventually we will unlock the secrets and mechanisms that created us and our universe. All I'm saying is that as there is no evidence for anything and we really do know very little, it is more than false over confidence to shout down Christians when we still have no understanding for what and how existence works or got here, I'm just saying for my fellow atheists please stop bullying Christians, and for you Christians, please try to think more rationally about things, then you won't be ridiculed so much, and to Charles, I respect you for having your beliefs and sticking to them, in the face of so many insults

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Lakeland, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Judged:

Charles Idemi wrote:
{snicker}
Humanoid

Kansas City, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Judged:

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Interesting!
But sad to say, because they( atheist) hate hearing that, atheism in actual sense, is a religion or faith.
Dont believe all that man made BS. The primitive human animal has an active imagination. "....and he walked on water"> Probably just rained and someone in the dark ages said, "Hey, that guy just walked on water". Than, someone told somebody else and 200 humans later, "Jesus walked on water". That's how stories get started. Especially, 2000 year old stories.

“Are you done now?”

Level 1

Since: Feb 13

Desk Jockey

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Excuse me, but does anyone have a Red Balls?
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> You can say that again, but the fact is that, no one can disprove the existence of God.
Since I've told you a thousand times over that I AGREE with this point your continued usage of this argument toward me must be because you are (still) dishonest.

And no-one can still falsify the FSM either.
Charles Idemi wrote:
And again, can any known scientist, create a natural brain? No!
Doesn't matter.
Charles Idemi wrote:
So, without the brain, there are nothing like science or technology. All thanks goes to the most high God.
Maybe. Maybe not. Or maybe God is COMPLETELY different to how you think it is.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Bluenose wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? I always thought beer was god's way making sure even ugly people got laid.
And that gives no-one a happy?

Even if it is only temporary until the inevitable dreaded roll-over.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Phew!
They were actually dark skinned race who later infiltrated by the Arab whites.
And again, Harry Potter is a fiction while the bible is not.
Lizards and donkeys don't talk. The sun appeared before plants. The Earth is not flat. Ergo the Bible does at least contain some fictional elements.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
Science says God created life? Wow! they must have dropped the cloak of blindness and denial for a moment.
Nice dodge.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Judged:

bohart wrote:
Damn you can't get shit right can you? a maternity ward is proof that life only comes from existing life you puddlegooist moron.
Actually you ain't proved me wrong yet.

Scientifically speaking you are nothing more than a walking talking bag of chemical processes.

Ergo, chemistry creates life via natural means.

And your own rule that "life MUST come from life!" is broken by you. Twice. Because:

1 - God is "life" but does not come from life.

2 - God creates life via ARTIFICIAL means, not via natural procreation.

Since I HAVE pointed this out to you numerous times over and you HAVEN'T been able to rebut it the obvious conclusion is that you're incapable of any kind of intellectual honesty.

Cue lame bohart jokes.
bohart wrote:
Is that how you discuss science by lying about the chemical process?
Nope. I point out the science as it stands then you lie because you're a typical fundie liar for Jesus.
bohart wrote:
Boy you are daft, as I said comparing the beginning of all life with a maternity ward where existing life gives birth .Be careful! if a logical thought ever runs through your head there will be a big bang.
Ad-homs do not constitute a valid argument. Since you do not address the actual content of my posts we know not to expect one.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Judged:

straa wrote:
but there is no need to be so hostile to people just because they have faith
Sorry bub, but once they start lying they get it with both barrels. I can think of a number of theists who don't earn my ire because they aren't dishonest liars. Creationists however can't help themselves but to ignore an explicit Commandment written in stone telling them not to lie.

Do not confuse theists or Christians in general with creationists. Creationists are a particular breed of bad woo.

Admittedly this arena may not be for everybody.

But all come here willingly.
bohart

Morristown, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Judged:

The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually you ain't proved me wrong yet.
Scientifically speaking you are nothing more than a walking talking bag of chemical processes.
Ergo, chemistry creates life via natural means.
And your own rule that "life MUST come from life!" is broken by you. Twice. Because:
1 - God is "life" but does not come from life.
2 - God creates life via ARTIFICIAL means, not via natural procreation.
Since I HAVE pointed this out to you numerous times over and you HAVEN'T been able to rebut it the obvious conclusion is that you're incapable of any kind of intellectual honesty.
Cue lame bohart jokes.
<quoted text>
Nope. I point out the science as it stands then you lie because you're a typical fundie liar for Jesus.
<quoted text>
Ad-homs do not constitute a valid argument. Since you do not address the actual content of my posts we know not to expect one.
Ergo chemistry creates life by natural means"
Has the can of whammo slime arrived yet?
take your chemical slime and set it in the window for the sun to shine on it, poly says light will activate the life process.

Now find 10 or 12 other puddle gooists and pool your intelligence .God is life, an eternal source of this life,he exists outside this universe that he made, and all life was began by this entity.Its logical, because the alternative is comical.It's either that ,or all that exists , came into being by accident ,from nothing, for no purpose, with no meaning, and absolutely no direction.Thats not only illogical, its irrational.No sentient being not bound up in denial or with some simmering hatred for God would believe that.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 72,041 - 72,060 of106,031
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

249 Users are viewing the Weird Forum right now

Search the Weird Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Word Association (Mar '10) 5 min Bezeer 14,474
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 7 min By a nose 4,368
3 "NEW" words from last 3 letters without using... (Sep '12) 10 min Droppy 1,346
BAN(N) the P0STER Above you !!! 10 min Brandiiiiiiii 878
If you HAD to marry someone on TOPIX, who would... 11 min Ami in Miami 98
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 12 min LOST IN MISSISSIPPI 33,446
Last 3 Letters into 3 new words. (Dec '08) 13 min Deviled 52,749
clark county nevada rancher facing tyranny from... 38 min business analyst 272
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 45 min Hitesrunprincess 131,664
Lets Ask Billy R! (May '12) 1 hr Billy R 2,258
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 1 hr PFfff 11,650
•••
•••
•••
•••