Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#76507 Feb 18, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> You have already responded in English already.
Every sane being, will definitely understand my positions.
You really do need a medical examination.
Nope sorry, not gonna fly Chuckles. By the way, you probably meant a mental examination. Someone who could speak English would have said that. Too bad your English is so faulty.

““You must not lose faith ”

Level 5

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#76508 Feb 18, 2013
http://www.extremetech.com/extreme/143497-cer...
13 dec 2012 but they confirmed to sigma 7.
In 2015 the LHC in CERN starts up again, than actual confirmation should follow.
And Cybele the site links to an explanation as to what what a higgs-boson actually is.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#76509 Feb 18, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> No one would really want to accept a stinking defeat, it is a shame on the part of the mighty Egyptian to be defeated by their own slaves, no one would want to put down such a story.
And yet there ARE records of every Egyptian defeat. That's how we know they happened.

Not the Israelite legend, though.

Level 5

Location hidden

#76510 Feb 18, 2013
Establishing whether supersymmetry is correct is the next major step. If it isn't, then figuring out what dark matter is composed of is an alternative. Either way, the dark matter question is a very important one.

wrote polymath

Level 5

Location hidden

#76511 Feb 18, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>And yet there ARE records of every Egyptian defeat. That's how we know they happened.
There is just the little issue of the Hittites connection to Israel and their writings and that of Merneptah confirming each other.
So were did all those Hittites mysteriously disappear to after ruling Egypt?

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#76512 Feb 19, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope sorry, not gonna fly Chuckles. By the way, you probably meant a mental examination. Someone who could speak English would have said that. Too bad your English is so faulty.
Oops Subtles, but i want you to know that, medical is also right. Medical is general while mental is particular or specific.

Level 2

Location hidden

#76513 Feb 19, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me educate you on what i really meant, no matter the level of humans, he or she one day, must die( give up the ghost).

Level 2

Location hidden

#76514 Feb 19, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>And yet there ARE records of every Egyptian defeat. That's how we know they happened.
Stinking defeat and defeat, are truly not really the same. The defeat were really beyond their imaginations, to avoid that, they decided not to put down the story.
Think, why the Egyptians and not any other nations?
Zackly

Pass Christian, MS

#76515 Feb 19, 2013
MAAT wrote:
<quoted text>
This was a deja vu experiences. And just like the last time you entered some thread leave scpid and Dude jumps in to answer.
It is by the way related to malware. You did not invent that yourself.
I was stuck in the other thread page 500:
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
This is a mischaracterization. ATLAS did confirm the 126 GeV Higgs using the ZZ channel. There is a larger signal than expected in the diphoton channel. This *could* be a sign of supersymmtery, but let's wait until more data comes in. There is a discovery for the Higgs.
http://www.science20.com/quantum_diaries_surv ...
But they would only declare it a valid result at a higher Sigma value/chance.
I find that good science.
Another unexpected outcome connected with that, seems to be that we have lighter and heavier H-bosons.
And I understood that supersymmetry would not work <~200 GeV.
Though reading back i saw you stating ~100 GeV.
Was that under or precisely round that value?
So are there two limits for super-symmetry?
Never saw the answer to that one, by the way.
Was 'SYSTEMS, CYCLES and PATTERNS' theory in there somewhere?

Level 5

Location hidden

#76516 Feb 19, 2013
MAAT wrote:
<quoted text>
This was a deja vu experiences. And just like the last time you entered some thread leave scpid and Dude jumps in to answer.
It is by the way related to malware. You did not invent that yourself.
I was stuck in the other thread page 500:
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
This is a mischaracterization. ATLAS did confirm the 126 GeV Higgs using the ZZ channel. There is a larger signal than expected in the diphoton channel. This *could* be a sign of supersymmtery, but let's wait until more data comes in. There is a discovery for the Higgs.
http://www.science20.com/quantum_diaries_surv ...
But they would only declare it a valid result at a higher Sigma value/chance.
I find that good science.
Another unexpected outcome connected with that, seems to be that we have lighter and heavier H-bosons.
And I understood that supersymmetry would not work <~200 GeV.
Though reading back i saw you stating ~100 GeV.
Was that under or precisely round that value?
So are there two limits for super-symmetry?
Never saw the answer to that one, by the way.
I could post a very complicated one i lifted from arvix.
Like, if we force it and skipp the fine-tuning, any ballpark number between 100 and 300 Gev and then up to any and at Tev scale.
But decided that this blog is friendlier, and wiki is ofcourse your best friend.
susy and higgs romance or drama.
About lore, flavor and exorcising.
http://resonaances.blogspot.nl/2012/01/susy-a...

Level 5

Location hidden

#76517 Feb 19, 2013
Zackly wrote:
<quoted text>Was 'SYSTEMS, CYCLES and PATTERNS' theory in there somewhere?
Had us going in and through loops for ever.;)

Level 5

Location hidden

#76518 Feb 19, 2013
But the computer crowd had quite a ball before it was overtaken by fundamentalists, so your question could have more then one answer.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#76519 Feb 19, 2013
Humanoid wrote:
<quoted text>If a human baby is raised by monkeys, the human will act like a monkey....correct? If a child is raised by wolves, the child will act like a wolf.....agreed? A child learns a religion, it will live that religion......so true? See, monkey see, monkey do. A human is a product of its environment. It adapts to survive or it dies. Religion warps reality....its a survival mechanism, formed out of fear..........they are out there.
Wolves aren't religious. A child will learn the native culture which it is raised in. And applying the term culture to wolves is certainly being rather broad.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#76520 Feb 19, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Well according to God the second set is the same as the first, that is if the Bible is true. So the tenth commandment is a ban on cheeseburgers. At least if you go by the Ten Commandments that were carved into stone.
SCREW the tenth commandment!!!

>:-(
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#76521 Feb 19, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
Who is forcing you to practice a religion? Do you have a problem with people doing what their own cultures dictates too?
Creationists are trying to force people to practice their religion. Hence the massive political push to get religious apologetics taught in public school science classes.

Which is not only monumentally stupid, but also illegal.

Otherwise half us mean old evo's wouldn't bother being here and we'd let the fundies wallow in their own sillyness.(shrug)
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#76522 Feb 19, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> I am not dragging any thing with you.
My position is that, no one can disprove the existence of God.
And I've agreed with that. Numerous times. For me it's not really a big deal since there's lots of unscientific non-falsifiable concepts.
Charles Idemi wrote:
And again, God almighty is the creator of the universe.
Maybe, maybe not.
Charles Idemi wrote:
You can eat your science, that is your business.
And I am grateful for the fruits that science provides us.

Fundies aren't, but they couldn't live without it.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#76523 Feb 19, 2013
bohart wrote:
Hey the theories are still mocking you! Its YOU who can't handle the creation mode.
Nobody can handle it.(shrug)

That's why there's no scientific theory of creationism.
bohart wrote:
lying fueled by denial
Nope. Woodtick was correct. You are a dishonest liar. Like the vast majority of fundies.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#76524 Feb 19, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> A simple response, you don't believe. But most people do believe the written stories.
Jesus stories must have been written many years after his death, that does not mean, he never existed.
His existence is too clear to deny.
Actually it would only be clear if there were clear contemporary accounts.

Since there isn't then it is also possible that he was made up, just like every other religion.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#76525 Feb 19, 2013
bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
Were you a kidnapper with scissors at some point in your life?
I appreciate your admission of inability to form a coherent argument.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#76526 Feb 19, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> If to you your creator is a FSM, i really think that is your headache. But God almighty, the creator, is the creator of the brain.
You just admitted that science has some limitations, thanks for that admission.
No, the FSM is the creator of the brain.

Sure, science has its limitations, but how many computers have you seen magically poofed into existence? Religion ergo has more.
Charles Idemi wrote:
If you don't know, Dude, there is nothing impossible before God.
You don't understand the bible, you lack the spiritual understanding of it.
Isa. 40 vs 22, will tell you more.
I don't lack spiritual understanding, you lack rational skepticism. Since nothing is impossible for God it's quite easily possible that the uneducated douches he got to write the Bible for Him got some stuff wrong. Especially in light of the fact He did things differently.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
OFFBEAT.keepAword.DropAword.2011edition (Oct '11) 3 min andet1987 17,932
last word/first word. (Apr '12) 5 min andet1987 5,171
Add a Word, Ruin a Movie (Oct '13) 5 min anne bonny 4,112
I Like..... (Mar '14) 8 min CJ Rocker 501
4 Word Game (Use Same Letter) 8 min andet1987 249
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 8 min anne bonny 152,573
keep a word drop a word (Sep '12) 8 min CJ Rocker 6,964
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 9 min Mega Monster 7,646
BAN(N) the P0STER Above you !!! (Feb '14) 1 hr dragoon70056 2,906
For Dear FlowerChild (Dec '07) 4 hr Will Dockery 24,144