Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#76487 Feb 18, 2013
Bluenose wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry Dude (again) but Chuck does not understand fundamentalism, if he did he would not be a fundamentalist. What he actually does is mindlessly repeat tired old long refuted fundamentalists non-arguments. He has a good memory for fundy bullet points and catch-phrases, but no discernible critical faculties to evaluate them.
Blacknose, Rednose or what ever your name is, do you really have any thing relevant to say? I think, no!
Any way, welcome back from your lost paradise.

Level 2

Location hidden

#76488 Feb 18, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Exodus
According to Exodus 12:37-38, the Israelites numbered "about six hundred thousand men on foot, besides women and children," plus many non-Israelites and livestock.[15] Numbers 1:46 gives a more precise total of 603,550.[16] The 600,000, plus wives, children, the elderly, and the "mixed multitude" of non-Israelites would have numbered some 2 million people,[17] compared with an entire Egyptian population in 1250 BCE of around 3 to 3.5 million.[18] Marching ten abreast, and without accounting for livestock, they would have formed a line 150 miles long.[19]
No evidence has been found that indicates Egypt ever suffered such a demographic and economic catastrophe or that the Sinai desert ever hosted (or could have hosted) these millions of people and their herds.[20] Some scholars have rationalised these numbers into smaller figures...
A century of research by archaeologists and Egyptologists has found no evidence which can be directly related to the Exodus captivity and the escape and travels through the wilderness,[3] and most archaeologists have abandoned the archaeological investigation of Moses and the Exodus as "a fruitless pursuit".[
You or any one else can not right off the Exodus accounts of Moses and the Israelites from the land of Egypt, i think, there were some truth there, they can not just fabricate such a story.
Remember, this is a story between two existing nations.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#76489 Feb 18, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> You or any one else can not right off the Exodus accounts of Moses and the Israelites from the land of Egypt, i think, there were some truth there, they can not just fabricate such a story.
Remember, this is a story between two existing nations.
Actually it isn't. Egypt has no such myth. It is a one sided story.

And just think of it, how could a people be lost for forty years in a desert that is 150 miles wide. A fast tortoise could cross it in a month.
bohart

Newport, TN

#76490 Feb 18, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>Seems like it's you that can't deal with not being specially created...just another lifeform.
most well adjusted b\people can handle that. not you...
Hey the theories are still mocking you! Its YOU who can't handle the creation mode.
bohart

Newport, TN

#76491 Feb 18, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>you. openly and repeatedly..like most cult members.
lying fueled by denial

Level 2

Location hidden

#76492 Feb 18, 2013
Humanoid wrote:
<quoted text>Dont believe all that man made BS. The primitive human animal has an active imagination. "....and he walked on water"> Probably just rained and someone in the dark ages said, "Hey, that guy just walked on water". Than, someone told somebody else and 200 humans later, "Jesus walked on water". That's how stories get started. Especially, 2000 year old stories.
A simple response, you don't believe. But most people do believe the written stories.
Jesus stories must have been written many years after his death, that does not mean, he never existed.
His existence is too clear to deny.
bohart

Newport, TN

#76493 Feb 18, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
No need. I was correct when I demonstrated that chemistry creates life by natural means. So subsequently you responded with mockery rather than rebuttal. For mockery to work it needs to be combined with a rational point, or at the very least a modicum of wit. You lack both.
<quoted text>
Can you please provide scientific evidence which is objectively verifiable via the scientific method that such an entity exists?
If you could you would be Jesus.
<quoted text>
Thus it violates your rule that "life MUST come from life!"
Twice.
<quoted text>
... within its own axioms, sure.
Just as a mathematical model for a 2 dimensional universe is logical. And so is a mathematical model for a 16 dimensional universe. However they cannot logically co-exist.
Unless they exist as separate universes within a multiverse.
<quoted text>
Your baseless and subjective opinion is based only on your own ignorance and incredulity.
<quoted text>
Not necessarily accidental. For example rain doesn't fall by "accident", although there is no mechanism of intelligence necessary for it to occur.
Besides, now you are dishonestly switching subjects (again) from abio to universal origins.
<quoted text>
Not necessarily, as most pre-Big Bang hypotheses posit a "something". Which we HAVE been through before, it's just you have a short memory.
<quoted text>
Purpose and meaning are subjective. Direction is all directions. Discovered by Hubble.
<quoted text>
Lying to the extent you do is irrational as it does not help your case. If you had one. Now let's evaluate the rationality of your position:
An invisible magic Jew wizard got bored for eternity so decided to make the universe for the explicit purpose of testing humans on their worthiness for eternal slavery. This wizard who had a nose, belly-button, fingers, toes, backside, male genitalia and a beard decided to make STUPID humans, tell them not to eat from a tree which he could have quite easily made too high behind an electrical fence in another country on another planet in another galaxy on the far side of the universe, but instead put it within easy reach, lied to them, and what's more made an evil talking lizard to tempt them into eating from it in order to see if he would embrace the virtue of ignorance, which they subsequently failed because god being god already knew what was gonna happen anyway and then condemn the WHOLE of humanity for the actions of his own kids which he couldn't control. And anyone from then on who didn't do what he wanted was to be tortured for all eternity by some horny red fella with a pitchfork. Oh, and he made talking donkeys too and left the message of "TRUTH" with a bunch of superstitious goat-herders who thought the Earth was flat. After a few genocides but before the really big one at the end.
Were you a kidnapper with scissors at some point in your life?

Level 2

Location hidden

#76494 Feb 18, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Since I've told you a thousand times over that I AGREE with this point your continued usage of this argument toward me must be because you are (still) dishonest.
And no-one can still falsify the FSM either.
<quoted text>
Doesn't matter.
<quoted text>
Maybe. Maybe not. Or maybe God is COMPLETELY different to how you think it is.
If to you your creator is a FSM, i really think that is your headache. But God almighty, the creator, is the creator of the brain.
You just admitted that science has some limitations, thanks for that admission.

Level 2

Location hidden

#76495 Feb 18, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Lizards and donkeys don't talk. The sun appeared before plants. The Earth is not flat. Ergo the Bible does at least contain some fictional elements.
If you don't know, Dude, there is nothing impossible before God.
You don't understand the bible, you lack the spiritual understanding of it.
Isa. 40 vs 22, will tell you more.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

The Borderland of Sol

#76496 Feb 18, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
List of arguments for creationists to avoid--and arguments to never useby the 'Answers in Genesis' people.
http://www.answersingenesis.org/get-answers/t...
But, but, but... that's ALL of them!

*bookmarked*

Level 2

Location hidden

#76497 Feb 18, 2013
Humanoid wrote:
<quoted text>"....the Bible contains SOME fictional elements".....Really, are you sure? The first sentence should have raised some red flags.........."God created the Heavens and the earth"..........thats just about enough fiction for one day.
So, tell me Mr. Know all, who created the heavens and the earth?

Level 2

Location hidden

#76498 Feb 18, 2013
bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
Well I don't know if a lizard can talk, but an ass has been using your keyboard for some time.
Lol

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

The Borderland of Sol

#76499 Feb 18, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
And just think of it, how could a people be lost for forty years in a desert that is 150 miles wide. A fast tortoise could cross it in a month.
Hehehe.

The lead elements of that train woulda been in Israel while the tail was still in Egypt.

Shoulda taken maybe a week.

Level 2

Location hidden

#76500 Feb 18, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, sure.
Including JWs, Catholics, Mormons, Christian Scientists, snake-wrigglers and the Westboro Baptists.
Whatever, i am not a judge. Jesus christ, the king of kings is one.
bohart

Newport, TN

#76501 Feb 18, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
No need. I was correct when I demonstrated that chemistry creates life by natural means. So subsequently you responded with mockery rather than rebuttal. For mockery to work it needs to be combined with a rational point, or at the very least a modicum of wit. You lack both.
<quoted text>
Can you please provide scientific evidence which is objectively verifiable via the scientific method that such an entity exists?
If you could you would be Jesus.
<quoted text>
Thus it violates your rule that "life MUST come from life!"
Twice.
<quoted text>
... within its own axioms, sure.
Just as a mathematical model for a 2 dimensional universe is logical. And so is a mathematical model for a 16 dimensional universe. However they cannot logically co-exist.
Unless they exist as separate universes within a multiverse.
<quoted text>
Your baseless and subjective opinion is based only on your own ignorance and incredulity.
<quoted text>
Not necessarily accidental. For example rain doesn't fall by "accident", although there is no mechanism of intelligence necessary for it to occur.
Besides, now you are dishonestly switching subjects (again) from abio to universal origins.
<quoted text>
Not necessarily, as most pre-Big Bang hypotheses posit a "something". Which we HAVE been through before, it's just you have a short memory.
<quoted text>
Purpose and meaning are subjective. Direction is all directions. Discovered by Hubble.
<quoted text>
Lying to the extent you do is irrational as it does not help your case. If you had one. Now let's evaluate the rationality of your position:
An invisible magic Jew wizard got bored for eternity so decided to make the universe for the explicit purpose of testing humans on their worthiness for eternal slavery. This wizard who had a nose, belly-button, fingers, toes, backside, male genitalia and a beard decided to make STUPID humans, tell them not to eat from a tree which he could have quite easily made too high behind an electrical fence in another country on another planet in another galaxy on the far side of the universe, but instead put it within easy reach, lied to them, and what's more made an evil talking lizard to tempt them into eating from it in order to see if he would embrace the virtue of ignorance, which they subsequently failed because god being god already knew what was gonna happen anyway and then condemn the WHOLE of humanity for the actions of his own kids which he couldn't control. And anyone from then on who didn't do what he wanted was to be tortured for all eternity by some horny red fella with a pitchfork. Oh, and he made talking donkeys too and left the message of "TRUTH" with a bunch of superstitious goat-herders who thought the Earth was flat. After a few genocides but before the really big one at the end.
All right Dude, here's your big chance, tell the world..........How did chemistry create the first lifeform?

Because your damn lies about chemistry creating life through natural means is sickening.

Existing life creates life ! you damn liar!

A liar for the goo!

Level 2

Location hidden

#76502 Feb 18, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Chuckles the Clown believes that because he cannot understand the concept of evidence no one can understand the concept of evidence. A mental disability called "projections", or assigning your faults to others.
You really need to understand what i was trying to pass.
The most intelligent men of the earth that we are using their laws, theorems, theories, technologies and inventions. Where are they today? DEAD!
Good luck?

Level 9

Everett, WA

#76503 Feb 18, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> You really need to understand what i was trying to pass.
The most intelligent men of the earth that we are using their laws, theorems, theories, technologies and inventions. Where are they today? DEAD!
Good luck?
What? Try once more. In English this time please. I don't speak gibberish.

Level 2

Location hidden

#76504 Feb 18, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
No one would really want to accept a stinking defeat, it is a shame on the part of the mighty Egyptian to be defeated by their own slaves, no one would want to put down such a story.

““You must not lose faith ”

Level 5

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#76505 Feb 18, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>This theory is open for debate by all and it does no harm. SCPID has no connection with malware.
This was a deja vu experiences. And just like the last time you entered some thread leave scpid and Dude jumps in to answer.

It is by the way related to malware. You did not invent that yourself.

I was stuck in the other thread page 500:
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
This is a mischaracterization. ATLAS did confirm the 126 GeV Higgs using the ZZ channel. There is a larger signal than expected in the diphoton channel. This *could* be a sign of supersymmtery, but let's wait until more data comes in. There is a discovery for the Higgs.
http://www.science20.com/quantum_diaries_surv ...
But they would only declare it a valid result at a higher Sigma value/chance.
I find that good science.
Another unexpected outcome connected with that, seems to be that we have lighter and heavier H-bosons.
And I understood that supersymmetry would not work <~200 GeV.
Though reading back i saw you stating ~100 GeV.
Was that under or precisely round that value?
So are there two limits for super-symmetry?

Never saw the answer to that one, by the way.

Level 2

Location hidden

#76506 Feb 18, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
What? Try once more. In English this time please. I don't speak gibberish.
You have already responded in English already.
Every sane being, will definitely understand my positions.
You really do need a medical examination.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
New "Drop one Word" With Famous People's Names (Oct '12) 2 min whatimeisit 446
Did you get all you wanted for Christmas? 2 min Hoosier Hillbilly 1
last word/first word. (Apr '12) 9 min Hoosier Hillbilly 5,201
WHAT???? A NEW word game? FOUR WORDS (Sep '08) 14 min whatimeisit 40,751
Create "short sentences using the last word" (Aug '12) 22 min Hoosier Hillbilly 7,614
raaxeeye77 28 min Amiir 2
International Space Station 31 min Hoosier Hillbilly 1
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 2 hr _hellbilly_ 152,773
BAN(N) the P0STER Above you !!! (Feb '14) 3 hr Just TLC 3,000
Post "any three words" (Sep '12) 5 hr andet1987 1,127
CHANGE One letter CHANCE (Sep '08) 7 hr andet1987 30,058
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 11 hr BLOODY__FATALITY 25,838
More from around the web