Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story
Humanoid

Kansas City, MO

#76426 Feb 18, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Interesting!
But sad to say, because they( atheist) hate hearing that, atheism in actual sense, is a religion or faith.
Dont believe all that man made BS. The primitive human animal has an active imagination. "....and he walked on water"> Probably just rained and someone in the dark ages said, "Hey, that guy just walked on water". Than, someone told somebody else and 200 humans later, "Jesus walked on water". That's how stories get started. Especially, 2000 year old stories.

“Are you done now?”

Level 1

Since: Feb 13

Desk Jockey

#76427 Feb 18, 2013
Excuse me, but does anyone have a Red Balls?
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#76428 Feb 18, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> You can say that again, but the fact is that, no one can disprove the existence of God.
Since I've told you a thousand times over that I AGREE with this point your continued usage of this argument toward me must be because you are (still) dishonest.

And no-one can still falsify the FSM either.
Charles Idemi wrote:
And again, can any known scientist, create a natural brain? No!
Doesn't matter.
Charles Idemi wrote:
So, without the brain, there are nothing like science or technology. All thanks goes to the most high God.
Maybe. Maybe not. Or maybe God is COMPLETELY different to how you think it is.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#76429 Feb 18, 2013
Bluenose wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? I always thought beer was god's way making sure even ugly people got laid.
And that gives no-one a happy?

Even if it is only temporary until the inevitable dreaded roll-over.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#76430 Feb 18, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Phew!
I have an indepth knowledge of the ancient Egyptians.
They were actually dark skinned race who later infiltrated by the Arab whites.
And again, Harry Potter is a fiction while the bible is not.
Lizards and donkeys don't talk. The sun appeared before plants. The Earth is not flat. Ergo the Bible does at least contain some fictional elements.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#76431 Feb 18, 2013
bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
Science says God created life? Wow! they must have dropped the cloak of blindness and denial for a moment.
Nice dodge.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#76432 Feb 18, 2013
bohart wrote:
Damn you can't get shit right can you? a maternity ward is proof that life only comes from existing life you puddlegooist moron.
Actually you ain't proved me wrong yet.

Scientifically speaking you are nothing more than a walking talking bag of chemical processes.

Ergo, chemistry creates life via natural means.

And your own rule that "life MUST come from life!" is broken by you. Twice. Because:

1 - God is "life" but does not come from life.

2 - God creates life via ARTIFICIAL means, not via natural procreation.

Since I HAVE pointed this out to you numerous times over and you HAVEN'T been able to rebut it the obvious conclusion is that you're incapable of any kind of intellectual honesty.

Cue lame bohart jokes.
bohart wrote:
Is that how you discuss science by lying about the chemical process?
Nope. I point out the science as it stands then you lie because you're a typical fundie liar for Jesus.
bohart wrote:
Boy you are daft, as I said comparing the beginning of all life with a maternity ward where existing life gives birth .Be careful! if a logical thought ever runs through your head there will be a big bang.
Ad-homs do not constitute a valid argument. Since you do not address the actual content of my posts we know not to expect one.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#76433 Feb 18, 2013
straa wrote:
but there is no need to be so hostile to people just because they have faith
Sorry bub, but once they start lying they get it with both barrels. I can think of a number of theists who don't earn my ire because they aren't dishonest liars. Creationists however can't help themselves but to ignore an explicit Commandment written in stone telling them not to lie.

Do not confuse theists or Christians in general with creationists. Creationists are a particular breed of bad woo.

Admittedly this arena may not be for everybody.

But all come here willingly.
bohart

Newport, TN

#76434 Feb 18, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually you ain't proved me wrong yet.
Scientifically speaking you are nothing more than a walking talking bag of chemical processes.
Ergo, chemistry creates life via natural means.
And your own rule that "life MUST come from life!" is broken by you. Twice. Because:
1 - God is "life" but does not come from life.
2 - God creates life via ARTIFICIAL means, not via natural procreation.
Since I HAVE pointed this out to you numerous times over and you HAVEN'T been able to rebut it the obvious conclusion is that you're incapable of any kind of intellectual honesty.
Cue lame bohart jokes.
<quoted text>
Nope. I point out the science as it stands then you lie because you're a typical fundie liar for Jesus.
<quoted text>
Ad-homs do not constitute a valid argument. Since you do not address the actual content of my posts we know not to expect one.
Ergo chemistry creates life by natural means"
Has the can of whammo slime arrived yet?
take your chemical slime and set it in the window for the sun to shine on it, poly says light will activate the life process.

Now find 10 or 12 other puddle gooists and pool your intelligence .God is life, an eternal source of this life,he exists outside this universe that he made, and all life was began by this entity.Its logical, because the alternative is comical.It's either that ,or all that exists , came into being by accident ,from nothing, for no purpose, with no meaning, and absolutely no direction.Thats not only illogical, its irrational.No sentient being not bound up in denial or with some simmering hatred for God would believe that.
Humanoid

Kansas City, MO

#76435 Feb 18, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Lizards and donkeys don't talk. The sun appeared before plants. The Earth is not flat. Ergo the Bible does at least contain some fictional elements.
"....the Bible contains SOME fictional elements".....Really, are you sure? The first sentence should have raised some red flags.........."God created the Heavens and the earth"..........thats just about enough fiction for one day.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#76436 Feb 18, 2013
bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
Ergo chemistry creates life by natural means"
Has the can of whammo slime arrived yet?
take your chemical slime and set it in the window for the sun to shine on it, poly says light will activate the life process.
Now find 10 or 12 other puddle gooists and pool your intelligence .God is life, an eternal source of this life,he exists outside this universe that he made, and all life was began by this entity.Its logical, because the alternative is comical.It's either that ,or all that exists , came into being by accident ,from nothing, for no purpose, with no meaning, and absolutely no direction.Thats not only illogical, its irrational.No sentient being not bound up in denial or with some simmering hatred for God would believe that.
you have absolutely no proof whatsoever of your "god is life' bullshit. No proof at all that any god exists even? why do you believe that, and more importantly, why do you mock people that use given, verifiable evidence that suggest plausible accurances? is it that you are unhappy being in a cult you know is based on a lie?

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#76437 Feb 18, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Are you a worshipper of Vishnu?
If you don't know, God is one. Others are sub gods or goddesses.
Oh, like Catholic saints.

Gottit.

Level 7

The Borderland of Sol

#76438 Feb 18, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Interesting!
But sad to say, because they( atheist) hate hearing that, atheism in actual sense, is a religion or faith.
Nonsense.

Whether 5% or 95% believe, science doesn't give a sh!t.

'Cos it works.
bohart

Newport, TN

#76439 Feb 18, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Well I don't know if a lizard can talk, but an ass has been using your keyboard for some time.

Level 7

The Borderland of Sol

#76440 Feb 18, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Those different sects are just man made doctrines, but in actual sense, they are all united under one umbrella, Christ!
Christ is not 35000, but one.
Yeah, sure.

Including JWs, Catholics, Mormons, Christian Scientists, snake-wrigglers and the Westboro Baptists.
bohart

Newport, TN

#76441 Feb 18, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>you have absolutely no proof whatsoever of your "god is life' bullshit. No proof at all that any god exists even? why do you believe that, and more importantly, why do you mock people that use given, verifiable evidence that suggest plausible accurances? is it that you are unhappy being in a cult you know is based on a lie?
Tick,Tick...."verifiable evidence", that isn't true, there is none , and you know it, there never has been.Which places you into one of the catagories, a simmering hatred of God,and how he runs the universe or just run of the mill denial.Oh! maybe both.
'

Level 7

The Borderland of Sol

#76442 Feb 18, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Exodus
According to Exodus 12:37-38, the Israelites numbered "about six hundred thousand men on foot, besides women and children," plus many non-Israelites and livestock.[15] Numbers 1:46 gives a more precise total of 603,550.[16] The 600,000, plus wives, children, the elderly, and the "mixed multitude" of non-Israelites would have numbered some 2 million people,[17] compared with an entire Egyptian population in 1250 BCE of around 3 to 3.5 million.[18] Marching ten abreast, and without accounting for livestock, they would have formed a line 150 miles long.[19]
No evidence has been found that indicates Egypt ever suffered such a demographic and economic catastrophe or that the Sinai desert ever hosted (or could have hosted) these millions of people and their herds.[20] Some scholars have rationalised these numbers into smaller figures...
A century of research by archaeologists and Egyptologists has found no evidence which can be directly related to the Exodus captivity and the escape and travels through the wilderness,[3] and most archaeologists have abandoned the archaeological investigation of Moses and the Exodus as "a fruitless pursuit".[
And it somehow took 'em 40 years to cross a 150-mile-wide desert.

Apparently the brain-trust leaders of these desert people couldn't figure out that when you want to go West, start with the sunrise at your back. Or Polaris on your left.

Instead, they spend decades tediously mucking about with pillars of fire and columns of smoke.

Their lead elements shoulda been in Israel while the tail was still in bloody Egypt.

Does anyone else find this odd?

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Indianapolis, IN

#76443 Feb 18, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, sure.
Including JWs, Catholics, Mormons, Christian Scientists, snake-wrigglers and the Westboro Baptists.
Speaking of which...
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/02/07/west...
bohart

Newport, TN

#76444 Feb 18, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>you have absolutely no proof whatsoever of your "god is life' bullshit. No proof at all that any god exists even? why do you believe that, and more importantly, why do you mock people that use given, verifiable evidence that suggest plausible accurances? is it that you are unhappy being in a cult you know is based on a lie?
One other thing, its your own theories that mock you, how life began,.....light shining on atoms,a primordial sea stirred by winds and currents, lightning striking a collection of compounds,radiation ,chemicals poofing,aliens deposting life forms!
anything but a creator! because the truth is you and your ilk cannot possibly deal with those implications...Denial

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#76445 Feb 18, 2013
bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
Tick,Tick...."verifiable evidence", that isn't true, there is none , and you know it, there never has been.Which places you into one of the catagories, a simmering hatred of God,and how he runs the universe or just run of the mill denial.Oh! maybe both.
'
sure there is... i given it to you often... you just keep lying to yourself...like most cult members.

how could i hate a myth? your god doesn't even have the ability to generate hate...let alone anything a universe...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
3 Word Advice (Good or Bad) 4 min Judy 123 238
Change "1" letter =ONLY= (Oct '12) 4 min andet1987 4,232
4 Word Game (Use Same Letter) 6 min andet1987 206
Make A Sentance out of a 5 letter word. (Nov '09) 7 min Judy 123 30,304
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 11 min Radical Miracle 25,637
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 11 min Jennifer Renee 7,549
JUST SAY SOMETHING. Whatever comes to mind!! (Aug '09) 13 min andet1987 28,623
Let's Play Song Titles With One Word? 17 min Roxie Darling 206
HOW LONG can you hold YOUR SEMEN ? For men only. (Mar '12) 19 min -Lea- 43
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 43 min wichita-rick 152,441