Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#76406 Feb 18, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> One Point will definitely lead to another, if you don't know.
Where is the archaeological evidence that the characters of Harry Potter's really existed?
Why are you asking for evidence we already provided?

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#76407 Feb 18, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Except you'll find that many theist scientists understand the difference between theological claims and scientific claims. Hence they won't often claim "supernatural" events can be verified by science.
Some atheists may argue that some do try when traipsing into the field of apologetics though, so there we go.
Still no clue. You are indeed CLUELESS.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#76408 Feb 18, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> And again, even if the queen of England, a real person is mentioned, she knows within her self that Harry Potter is a fiction or a fable.
And again, even if Herod, a real person is mentioned, we know that Jesus is a fiction or fable.

See how that works both ways?

The difference being I accept the *possibility* that there *was* a guy who the stories in the Bible were based on.

But then I also accept the possibility that it may have been made up.

Just like how you think every other religion was made up.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#76409 Feb 18, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> A question for you.
If truly we christians are liars, why after a century of your so called enlightenment, you guys are still in the minority?
You're good at lying.(shrug)

You've had millenia of practice.

Oh, couple that with the fact there are plenty of fundies (like you) who are only interested in rationalizing, not verification.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#76410 Feb 18, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> That is why we have two schools under this thoughts:
Theism and Atheism.
Both are irrelevant to science. In science there is only ONE school of thought - the scientific method.

Level 2

Location hidden

#76411 Feb 18, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Existence and evidence are two different things.
In 1500 we didn't have evidence of bacteria.
So far no scientist has evidence of God.
Maybe if you wait a while...
You can say that again, but the fact is that, no one can disprove the existence of God.
And again, can any known scientist, create a natural brain? No!
So, without the brain, there are nothing like science or technology. All thanks goes to the most high God.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#76412 Feb 18, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> I am not saying this inwardly or secretly but openly or outwardly.
Atheism is a religion or faith. Period.
Just as not believing in fairies is faith.

And not believing in unicorns is faith.

Not believing in Santa is faith.

Not believing in Martians is faith.

Not believing in Daffy Duck is faith.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#76413 Feb 18, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Still no clue. You are indeed CLUELESS.
Actually since I've read more science than you do, I'd wager I understand them better than you do.

In fact other than the concept of fundamentalism, understanding anything seems to be a skill you lack.

Level 2

Location hidden

#76414 Feb 18, 2013
TerryL wrote:
<quoted text>LOL!! With over 35,000 different sects world wide the only thing that "stands out" is how much disagreement there is amongst believers!! LOL!
Those different sects are just man made doctrines, but in actual sense, they are all united under one umbrella, Christ!
Christ is not 35000, but one.

“Maccullochella macquariensis”

Since: May 08

Melbourne, Australia

#76415 Feb 18, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
http://i.crackedcdn.com/phpimages/article/6/0...
Beer is proof God wants us to be happy!
:-p
Really? I always thought beer was god's way making sure even ugly people got laid.

Level 2

Location hidden

#76416 Feb 18, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong, I can demonstrate that I understand evidence. I have before for others. Most of you creatards prefer to bask in ignorance. When you want to see the real world contact me.
Look at him, a bloody mortal saying this. I reserved my comments.

“Leave That Thing Alone!”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#76417 Feb 18, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> I am not saying this inwardly or secretly but openly or outwardly.
Atheism is a religion or faith. Period.
Blah blah blah... yeah, I know... bald is a hair color, abstinence is a sexual position, not collecting stamps is a hobby, short is tall, up is down, fat is skinny, lying is only a sin for christians if they are not promoting their faith in the process... etc, etc, etc

“Maccullochella macquariensis”

Since: May 08

Melbourne, Australia

#76418 Feb 18, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually since I've read more science than you do, I'd wager I understand them better than you do.
In fact other than the concept of fundamentalism, understanding anything seems to be a skill you lack.
Sorry Dude (again) but Chuck does not understand fundamentalism, if he did he would not be a fundamentalist. What he actually does is mindlessly repeat tired old long refuted fundamentalists non-arguments. He has a good memory for fundy bullet points and catch-phrases, but no discernible critical faculties to evaluate them.

Level 2

Location hidden

#76419 Feb 18, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
No, because all the archaeology in the world is not evidence of invisible Jewish wizards. And in summary, there was VALID archaeological evidence of Harry Potter, which you merely DISMISSED out of hand because more archaeological finds support the Bible.
And I since pointed out in turn that more archaeological finds support ancient Egypt.
You resorted to further dishonesty and started talking about modern Muslims in Egypt.
Phew!
I have an indepth knowledge of the ancient Egyptians.
They were actually dark skinned race who later infiltrated by the Arab whites.
And again, Harry Potter is a fiction while the bible is not.

“Leave That Thing Alone!”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#76420 Feb 18, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text>All thanks goes to the most high God.
Haile Selassie I?
bohart

Newport, TN

#76421 Feb 18, 2013
Kong_ wrote:
<quoted text>
So, are you saying it's outside of the power of God to have created life in the manner described by science?
Science says God created life? Wow! they must have dropped the cloak of blindness and denial for a moment.
bohart

Newport, TN

#76422 Feb 18, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
You're lying again. I repeat (again) that maternity wards ARE evidence NOT that chemical abiogenesis occurred, but that life coming from natural chemical processes IS possible, and therefore MAY be possible for abiogenesis. And as always, science IS also open to the possibility that abio MAY also be wrong.
You on the other hand have already concluded it IS wrong because Jewmagic.
<quoted text>
Nah, most idiotic analogy is humans make stuff therefore it proves invisible magic Jew wizards. In the meantime instead of forming coherent arguments you can only make lame jokes, lie a lot, and never address a single error.
That's why you just avoided that just now when you switched the subject (again) back to abio instead of the Big Bang.
Of course this does mean (again) that the actual content of my posts go unaddressed.
So yeah, you are out of your element. You're not capable of discussing science and never have been.
And evolution still remains a valid working theory, and in fact the ONLY scientific theory in biology, despite all your best efforts.
Damn you can't get shit right can you? a maternity ward is proof that life only comes from existing life you puddlegooist moron.Is that how you discuss science by lying about the chemical process?
Boy you are daft, as I said comparing the beginning of all life with a maternity ward where existing life gives birth .Be careful! if a logical thought ever runs through your head there will be a big bang.

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Indianapolis, IN

#76423 Feb 18, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Dreaming!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Exodus

According to Exodus 12:37-38, the Israelites numbered "about six hundred thousand men on foot, besides women and children," plus many non-Israelites and livestock.[15] Numbers 1:46 gives a more precise total of 603,550.[16] The 600,000, plus wives, children, the elderly, and the "mixed multitude" of non-Israelites would have numbered some 2 million people,[17] compared with an entire Egyptian population in 1250 BCE of around 3 to 3.5 million.[18] Marching ten abreast, and without accounting for livestock, they would have formed a line 150 miles long.[19]

No evidence has been found that indicates Egypt ever suffered such a demographic and economic catastrophe or that the Sinai desert ever hosted (or could have hosted) these millions of people and their herds.[20] Some scholars have rationalised these numbers into smaller figures...

A century of research by archaeologists and Egyptologists has found no evidence which can be directly related to the Exodus captivity and the escape and travels through the wilderness,[3] and most archaeologists have abandoned the archaeological investigation of Moses and the Exodus as "a fruitless pursuit".[
Anonymous

London, UK

#76424 Feb 18, 2013
I see that things are still the same here, still bullying people, I'm an atheist and also get frustrated by some of the more extreme fundies, but there is no need to be so hostile to people just because they have faith, I am an athiest only because there is no evidence for a god, that is all, our existence is still unexplainable by science and the problem of consciousness puts anything we know or think we know into doubt, there is no evidence for a god and that is why I don't believe in a god, but there is something about our existence and universe that we do not understand, and maybe never will, allthoe I think eventually we will unlock the secrets and mechanisms that created us and our universe. All I'm saying is that as there is no evidence for anything and we really do know very little, it is more than false over confidence to shout down Christians when we still have no understanding for what and how existence works or got here, I'm just saying for my fellow atheists please stop bullying Christians, and for you Christians, please try to think more rationally about things, then you won't be ridiculed so much, and to Charles, I respect you for having your beliefs and sticking to them, in the face of so many insults

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Indianapolis, IN

#76425 Feb 18, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
I have an indepth knowledge of the ancient Egyptians.
{snicker}

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 5 min Crazy Beautiful 149,057
WHAT???? A NEW word game? FOUR WORDS (Sep '08) 17 min Cyan in CA 40,426
Ferreting Out The Ferrets 19 min Sam 4
Brewer: I Bought All the Count Chocula to Make ... 29 min Prosperity Fundie... 1
Cappuccino Potato Chips? America Says No 31 min Prosperity Fundie... 2
China's Advice to Citizens: Don't Pick a Stripp... 33 min Prosperity Fundie... 3
Make A Sentance out of a 5 letter word. (Nov '09) 39 min Cyan in CA 29,805
Do you have a Topix crush? (Jun '11) 1 hr Crazy Beautiful 6,838
Truck containing 36,000 pounds of Crisco stolen 2 hr JV Team 44
True or False Game 3 hr -CatCiao- 410
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 3 hr ms_Sweeter 22,238

Weird People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE