Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.
Comments
71,881 - 71,900 of 113,249 Comments Last updated 39 min ago

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Bingo.
If (a) God exists, it certainly ain't helping us by sticking its arm down every now and then so we can do a blood test.
And then the same yo-yo's contradict themselves by claiming "evidence" supports Goddidit.
Me, I'm quite wary of anyone who says things like:
"We are offering a Free Connection to your deceased loved ones in Heaven"
so what about blood test. It means nothing. It's just human blood that's all, chromosomes from parents, genetic information, etc. so what. nothing special really.

It's the spirit that can get away not the physical body. muhahaha!

You will never get 'real' evidence of God.
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Judged:

MAAT wrote:
<quoted text>
huh? Makes me wonder how i can twist your arm just a bit further.;p
Ah the Mikey's one i could find, indeed in connection with malware, so with added ID.
So how silly of above person, creationist i believe, to claim it.
I never knew they could mock themselves.
This theory is open for debate by all and it does no harm. SCPID has no connection with malware.

Level 5

above and beyond

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

MAAT wrote:
<quoted text>
liked the reply by macuzuhma.
But i think 'real' science (maybe you care to explain that term cybele) should be left to scientist and this kind of dawdling of acceptance is not to be incouraged for they are bound to get things wrong. Be it intentionally misrepresenting or not.
resting light particle??
Or what a higgs-boson particle actually is.
Explain 'real science?' Well it is derived from observable, verifiable, and testable facts.

You're right. They could be wrong. You be the judge. Do you have a better theory?

“I started out with nothing”

Level 6

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>Apparantly, not more than 6,000 years....
That’s magic

“I started out with nothing”

Level 6

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Judged:

MAAT wrote:
NASA anounced yesterday that they found out that the universe is flat...I feel rather two-dimensional ever since.
The media again. They must have caught on by now that this kind of formulation leads to a never ending stream of silly questions!
Been suggested for some time but now the measurement is considerably more accurate. Fascinating and so simple how it was worked out, angles of a triangle between the observer and 2 points on the CMB. Very long, thin triangle but accurate to better then 0.5%

A flat universe indicates an infinite universe, which poses questions about the BB. If the universe is infinite then the BB was (possibly) not the beginning but an event in an existing space or perhaps it’s just a lot more complicate than we currently understand.

http://map.gsfc.nasa.gov/universe/uni_shape.h...

http://abyss.uoregon.edu/~js/cosmo/lectures/l...
anonymous

Franklin, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Judged:

Humanoid wrote:
<quoted text>Big A, apparently you took the bait......gullible brainwashed human animal. Politics and religion are pure evils. They rot the already primitive thought process. But, you already know that Big A. A text book said, "Mankind will lose 90% of its population when Aliens materialize."
What bait is that? Allowing you to segue into predictions about aliens landing? I guess I do regret giving any sort of legitimacy to that one.

OK, Humanoid. What are you proposing to replace religion and politics? What would you suggest to protect us from the "Aliens"?

Let me guess. You think all humanity can become united by listening to your preferred style of teenager-oriented music and maybe indulging in your preferred brand of procrastination?

Nice!

Check please! I'm bailing on this self-imposed lobotomy!
anonymous

Franklin, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Judged:

FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>This theory is open for debate by all and it does no harm. SCPID has no connection with malware.
It has no connection with much of anything.

Please don't damage anything you might need later while conducting your style of metaphysical nose-picking.
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Judged:

anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
It has no connection with much of anything.
Please don't damage anything you might need later while conducting your style of metaphysical nose-picking.
It's more like my style of guitar-picking, I keep playing the same chourds over and over again and I have hurt myself with that.:)

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

MAAT wrote:
<quoted text>
Well maybe they were entitled, it sure toke some doing and inventing.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_longi...
I only said a bit arrogant, as opposed to the massive arrogance of the US today. ;) I also said "were" and not "are." At the time it was decided on the European countries did pretty much control everything.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Judged:

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Honest answer indeed!
If they don't know that, that means they don't know that God almighty do exist.
The god you were brainwashed to believe in? That's easy, the bible in inherently wrong about most scientific points made, and the supernatural claims are unsupported at all, therefore your god is dismissed. Making a claim that there is a specific god without evidence means we can dismiss that claim without evidence. Your god is a myth, if a god of some sort does exist, you know as much about it as us atheists do, and have the exact same chance of pissing it off.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Please, address the point directly.
Um, that was the point. Sheesh, you are a dense one.
bohart

Morristown, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Judged:

The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually Bo, if you remember your lame "puddle goo" jokes are in reference to abiogenesis, NOT the Big Bang. Which was what my post was referring to.
And actually the Big Bang DOES have repeatable results. Go outside and measure the redshift of all the other galaxies. Last time we checked about 99% of them were redshifted. If all of a sudden they show 99% blueshift, then we know either one of these two things:
1 - The Big Bang is wrong.
2 - Bo effed up the experiment somehow big time.
<quoted text>
Stop blowing up the irony meters.
You responded with something else which was TOTALLY irrelevant to the post you quoted.
You can't even understand basic English, much less more complex concepts like science.
You are quite simply WAY out of your element.
Out of my element? coming from the one who says live births are evidence of abiogenesis!..Ha,Ha,

Attention Dude! for that one, you have won the grand prize of the most idiotic analogy on record here, you will recieve your prize via mail, a can of whamo slime so you can create your own life.Follow the simple directions on the can, add a billion years and it will poof to life.

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
Out of my element? coming from the one who says live births are evidence of abiogenesis!..Ha,Ha,
Attention Dude! for that one, you have won the grand prize of the most idiotic analogy on record here, you will recieve your prize via mail, a can of whamo slime so you can create your own life.Follow the simple directions on the can, add a billion years and it will poof to life.
So, are you saying it's outside of the power of God to have created life in the manner described by science?
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Judged:

God can not lie.
Elohim

Branford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Judged:

FREE SERVANT wrote:
God can not lie.
The people who made god up did.
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Judged:

Christians believe Jesus and the biblical reason for his suffering to be true. The Bible is true and if believing it makes Christians enemies of the world, then thats just the way it goes.

Level 5

above and beyond

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Judged:

Kong_ wrote:
<quoted text>
So, are you saying it's outside of the power of God to have created life in the manner described by science?
You think Science can do maintenance work for the universe?
Elohim

Branford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Judged:

FREE SERVANT wrote:
Christians believe Jesus and the biblical reason for his suffering to be true. The Bible is true and if believing it makes Christians enemies of the world, then thats just the way it goes.
As true as any other work of fiction.

“Steaming hunk”

Level 4

Since: Jun 11

butler, pa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Judged:

thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean Otzi the Iceman in the Alps?
"A group of scientists have sequenced Ötzi's full genome and the report was published on 28 February 2012. The Y-DNA of Ötzi belongs to a subclade of G defined by the SNPs M201, P287, P15, L223 and L91 (G-L91, ISOGG G2a2b, former "G2a4"). He was not typed for any of the subclades downstreaming from G-L91. G-L91 is now mostly found in South Corsica.
Analysis of his mitochondrial DNA has shown that Ötzi belongs to the K1 subclade, but cannot be categorized into any of the three modern branches of that subclade (K1a, K1b or K1c). The new subclade has provisionally been named K1ö for Ötzi.[32] Multiplex assay study was able to confirm that the Iceman's mtDNA belongs to a new European mtDNA clade with a very limited distribution amongst modern data sets.
By autosomal DNA he is most closely related to southern Europeans, particularly geographically isolated populations of Sardinia and Corsica.
DNA analysis also showed him at high risk of atherosclerosis, lactose intolerance, and the presence of the DNA sequence of Borrelia burgdorferi, making him the earliest known human with Lyme disease.
A 2012 paper by paleoanthropologist John Hawks suggests that Ötzi had a higher degree of Neanderthal ancestry than modern Europeans".
Hmmm....high degree of Neanderthal ancestry. Veeerry interesting.
Interestingly enough, among the things found with him. The researchers did not know what to make of an object made of leather strips that had a circular stone weight attached.

I thought, obviously these "researchers" had never spent any time as a hunter or trapper. Having been a trapper and hunter in my teenage years, I would venture that the object was a combination fishing net/hunting tool/weapon used like a mace.

Just an obervation. Hoping to just make the point that those who have come before us were considerably more sophisticated and complex than we think they were.

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Judged:

Thomas Robertson wrote:
Charles Idemi wrote:
“Not only Herod many other biblical characters have been verified archaeologically.
Others not yet discovered can not make the bible to be false.
The bible once again, is real!"
I love the way you are claimining conclusive evidence through inductive reasoning.
The final chorus from the Bach Saint Matthew Passion is in c minor.
The Bach Passacaglia and Fugue is in c minor.
The Mozart piano sonata, K 457, is in c minor.
The Haydn piano sonata, Hob. 16-20, is in c minor.
The Schuber piano sonata, D 958, is in c minor.
Beethoven's Fifth Sympony is in c minor.
Beethoven's Pathetique Sonata is in c minor.
Brhams' First Symphony is in c minor.
The Burgmuller Ballade, op. 100 no. 15, is in c minor.
#3 and #6 of "Buds and Blossoms" by Cornelius Gurlitt are in c minor.
"The Doll's Burial," #7 in the Tschaikovsky Album for the Young is in c minor.
The Chopin mazurkas op. 30 no. 1 and op. 56 no. 3 are in c minor.
The Chopin prelude op. 28 no. 20 is in c minor.
The Chopin nocturne op. 48 no. 1 is in c minor.
The Chopin Revolutionary Etude is in c minor.
The Saint-Saens Organ Symphony is in c minor.
Rachmaninoff’s Second Piano Concerto is in c minor.
Mahler’s Second Symphony is in c minor.
It’s not just classical music, either.
“As Long As You Love Me” by Justin Bieber is in c minor.
"Could It Be Magic” by Barry Manilow is in c minor.
"Fireflies” by Owl City is in c minor.
"Judas” by Lady Gaga is in c minor.
"Rolling in the Deep” by Adele is in c minor.
"Skyfall” by Paul Epworth is in c minor.
"Turn Me On” by David Guetta is in c minor.
"Paparazzi” by Lady Gaga is in c minor.
"Where Have You Been” by Rihanna is in c minor.
Wow! Look how many musical compositions I’ve listed!
And they’re all in c minor!
I guess that proves that every musical composition ever written is in c minor!
You sounds like an arbitrator, though a dishonest one. The bible is a book no one can disprove completely.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

51 Users are viewing the Weird Forum right now

Search the Weird Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
LOVE and OTHER BRUISES (Apr '12) 12 min Adrian DeVine 1,277
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 16 min Adrian DeVine 15,904
The letter E (Jun '13) 20 min MoonDancing 855
A Potpourri of Expressions in Words & Rhyme (Sep '12) 21 min Adrian DeVine 716
+=Keep 1 Drop 1=+ 3 STACK (Mar '13) 22 min Camilla 6,824
"Poetry in Motion" (Sep '13) 24 min Adrian DeVine 113
I Come To Topix Especially To Read Posts By (Jan '11) 28 min Adrian DeVine 4,239
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 48 min eleanorigby 35,112
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 8 hr Mister_ E 141,681
Message to Obama 8 hr Cant do it 766
Man arrested after talking to bushes, shrubs 8 hr innocent_bystander 23
•••
•••