Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Comments (Page 3,595)

Showing posts 71,881 - 71,900 of111,598
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>Right, alcohol was being made long before modern day science came around. Some historians credit alcohol for forming civilization.
So what is wrong with science?

There is an obvious need for a drunken stupor pill and billions to be made on it yet here we are no pill just good old alcohol and hang overs.

Just saying......
Humanoid

Kansas City, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Judged:

The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
The great apes are in fact our distant cousins. The Prometheus movie is not a science documentary.
Sorry.
And, the Ten Commandments is real? Humans are primitive , not stupid. Ok, maybe one human. 200 years ago the Dude stood up and said, "Someday man will fly(like an eagle) to the moon" or "Someday man will fly a ship(Sailing ship) to the moon. Either way, the dude is considered nuts, one oar in the water. Then the dude says, "Someday God will return". Now, the dude is delusional. So,dude went to Africa to visit his relatives.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>And I was interrupted as I typed. Did you want to take another shot at the Ten Commandment question I gave you or do you want to know the answer?
I did answer it.

"The tenth commandment concerns itself with property. It is more detailed than most of the other commandments because it spells out what is right and wrong with respect to the property of others. The tenth commandment states,“Thou shalt not covet thy neighbour’s house, thou shalt not covet thy neighbour’s wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor his ox, nor his ass, nor any thing that is thy neighbour’s”(Ex. 20:17).

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

The Dude wrote:
<quoted text> http://i.crackedcdn.com/phpimages/article/6/0...

Beer is proof God wants us to be happy!

:-p
Then bars are proof that the government what's us to drive drunk.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Humanoid wrote:
<quoted text>This is what we know for sure:.
Yup

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Judged:

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
I did answer it.
"The tenth commandment concerns itself with property. It is more detailed than most of the other commandments because it spells out what is right and wrong with respect to the property of others. The tenth commandment states,“Thou shalt not covet thy neighbour’s house, thou shalt not covet thy neighbour’s wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor his ox, nor his ass, nor any thing that is thy neighbour’s”(Ex. 20:17).
Nope, not the Ten Commandments I was talking about. I was talking about the Ten Commandments, you know, carved in stone. And you still did not choose from the four answers given.

So do you give up yet or are you going to insist on answer C?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>The great apes are in fact our distant cousins. The Prometheus movie is not a science documentary.

Sorry.
Dude if you where to get a divorce would your ex-wife still be your cousin?

Level 9

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Dude if you where to get a divorce would your ex-wife still be your cousin?
Not in your case. She would be your sister.
anonymous

Franklin, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Judged:

Humanoid wrote:
<quoted text>This is what we know for sure: The Bible is a fabricated fable, period. Humans are not descendants or monkeys, even you agree with that statement. So, God is a Bible character, and monkeys are not your great, great lost relatives, that can mean only one thing. All those galaxies, somewhere out there advanced aliens are using the earth as a huge floating petri dish. That explains Project Blue Book and SETI.....because its not called Project God Book or GODI.......there dud now you know the truth about human existence.....your welcome.
Sigh. This is what happens when you play word games.

Humans did not come from modern monkeys they came from a line of ancestors with close ties to modern monkeys. Technically, those ancestors were likely more primitive than both modern monkeys and humans.

Now, are you going to put on your strap-on and parade around like a peacock, stating that maybe MY ancestors were monkeys but YOURS certainly were NOT?! Gee! Never seen that before. Wow! What transcendent intellect!

Worthless liberals and conservatives. The oral gratification, trying to win over vacuous peasants to worthless causes that only make liberals and conservatives rich, never ends.

Come on and show me how you can manipulate mortal minds with just your monkey feet! What FUN!!
Humanoid

Kansas City, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Yup
That was for all the Godbots and bone collectors, they know for sure.

““You must not lose faith ”

Level 5

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Aw man, don't make me say it!
:-/
It's Mikey's own made up thing which he likes to call 'Systems Cycles Patterns.'
See, the systems cycle and the cycles make patterns and the patterns are part of the systems that cycle and make patterns.
Therefore Goddidit with magic.
huh? Makes me wonder how i can twist your arm just a bit further.;p
Ah the Mikey's one i could find, indeed in connection with malware, so with added ID.

So how silly of above person, creationist i believe, to claim it.
I never knew they could mock themselves.

““You must not lose faith ”

Level 5

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
I did answer it.
Thought eperiment.
Try and read it as if it concerns god and what he states.
I ask that of all chr.'s i come across.
If you fail you use the wrong language.
Hence the short-sighted interpretation.
Barry Bali

Denpasar, Indonesia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Then bars are proof that the government what's us to drive drunk.
No, bars are proof that the gummint wants us to pay excise on our way to plastered bliss.

Level 9

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Judged:

Obviously Langoliers is not going to meet my challenge for what the Tenth Commandment is that was carved in stone by God himself.

The Tenth, and last Commandment carved in stone was....

A ban on cheeseburgers. That was choice number one.

Don't believe me?

Go to Exodus 34 where it will tell you what god carved into stone. Of course these were the replacement stones but God said he would carve the same words that he did in the first stone.

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...

The tenth of the Ten Commandments that Langoliers quoted was only the tenth of a whole slew of commandments given by God orally.

I was talking about the big ten, those carved in stone.

Here is a nice video discussing this aspect of the Bible:

http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Humanoid

Kansas City, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Sigh. This is what happens when you play word games.
Humans did not come from modern monkeys they came from a line of ancestors with close ties to modern monkeys. Technically, those ancestors were likely more primitive than both modern monkeys and humans.
Now, are you going to put on your strap-on and parade around like a peacock, stating that maybe MY ancestors were monkeys but YOURS certainly were NOT?! Gee! Never seen that before. Wow! What transcendent intellect!
Worthless liberals and conservatives. The oral gratification, trying to win over vacuous peasants to worthless causes that only make liberals and conservatives rich, never ends.
Come on and show me how you can manipulate mortal minds with just your monkey feet! What FUN!!
Big A, apparently you took the bait......gullible brainwashed human animal. Politics and religion are pure evils. They rot the already primitive thought process. But, you already know that Big A. A text book said, "Mankind will lose 90% of its population when Aliens materialize."

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Worth a repost:
http://humor.about.com/gi/o.htm...
I'd have put the whole thing in, but it won't fit.
The US has a state named after Noah's Ark. Hmm...and then they named the other without the Ark.

lol

Level 5

above and beyond

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Bingo.
If (a) God exists, it certainly ain't helping us by sticking its arm down every now and then so we can do a blood test.
And then the same yo-yo's contradict themselves by claiming "evidence" supports Goddidit.
Me, I'm quite wary of anyone who says things like:
"We are offering a Free Connection to your deceased loved ones in Heaven"
so what about blood test. It means nothing. It's just human blood that's all, chromosomes from parents, genetic information, etc. so what. nothing special really.

It's the spirit that can get away not the physical body. muhahaha!

You will never get 'real' evidence of God.
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Judged:

MAAT wrote:
<quoted text>
huh? Makes me wonder how i can twist your arm just a bit further.;p
Ah the Mikey's one i could find, indeed in connection with malware, so with added ID.
So how silly of above person, creationist i believe, to claim it.
I never knew they could mock themselves.
This theory is open for debate by all and it does no harm. SCPID has no connection with malware.

Level 5

above and beyond

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

MAAT wrote:
<quoted text>
liked the reply by macuzuhma.
But i think 'real' science (maybe you care to explain that term cybele) should be left to scientist and this kind of dawdling of acceptance is not to be incouraged for they are bound to get things wrong. Be it intentionally misrepresenting or not.
resting light particle??
Or what a higgs-boson particle actually is.
Explain 'real science?' Well it is derived from observable, verifiable, and testable facts.

You're right. They could be wrong. You be the judge. Do you have a better theory?

“I started out with nothing”

Level 6

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>Apparantly, not more than 6,000 years....
Thats magic

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 71,881 - 71,900 of111,598
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••