Evolution vs. Creation

There are 20 comments on the Jan 6, 2011, Best of New Orleans story titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#76297 Feb 17, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>SCPID theory is a good one!
Sorry, still don't care Mikey.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#76298 Feb 17, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
that's only because Science has come up with nothing better then alcohol
Right, alcohol was being made long before modern day science came around. Some historians credit alcohol for forming civilization.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#76299 Feb 17, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
that's only because Science has come up with nothing better then alcohol
And I was interrupted as I typed. Did you want to take another shot at the Ten Commandment question I gave you or do you want to know the answer?
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#76300 Feb 17, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Right, alcohol was being made long before modern day science came around. Some historians credit alcohol for forming civilization.
http://i.crackedcdn.com/phpimages/article/6/0...

Beer is proof God wants us to be happy!

:-p

““You must not lose faith ”

Level 5

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#76301 Feb 17, 2013
Cybele wrote:
"God is the Master Scientist Who keeps His theories to Himself."
God the Physicist:
We published a previous article on this internet site which suggested that the physicist’s unseen Higgs Field was the same as our proposed undetected God Field. The Higgs field is essential to the structure of matter and in turn to life itself. Our thoughts were that at the time of the big bang, only God existed as unique Light Energy particles. We further suggested that these special resting Light Energy particles acted like a reverse black hole and contained the darkness and all the gaseous ingredients necessary to kick start our universe 14 billion years ago. At a time of God’s choosing, He caused or became the big bang, and today God’s Light Energy represents more than one billion quadrillion of these special particles. God’s energy particles are still geometrically increasing as our universe perpetually expands.
God the Microbiologist:
While the universe is approximately 14 billion years old, our earth did not form until 4.5 billion years ago and we did not see the first fossilized microorganisms until 3.8 billion years ago. But where did these bacteria come from? If you examine the scientific studies on the Origin of Life, you discover that scientists cannot tell you how life initially began, just like they cannot tell you what happened during those Divine moments before the big bang. Bacteria and other advanced life forms have DNA but you can’t make DNA without enzyme proteins and you can’t make enzyme proteins without DNA. It’s the chicken and egg hypothesis where you don’t know which came first. No scientist in any laboratory has found a way to create macromolecules of DNA or enzyme proteins. So how did these fossilized microorganisms appear 3.8 billion years ago? Francis Crick the Nobel Laureate, who with James Watson solved the double helix structure of DNA, proposed that aliens on UFO spaceships brought these microorganisms to earth 3.8 billion years ago.
http://www.selfgrowth.com/articles/evidence-f...
liked the reply by macuzuhma.
But i think 'real' science (maybe you care to explain that term cybele) should be left to scientist and this kind of dawdling of acceptance is not to be incouraged for they are bound to get things wrong. Be it intentionally misrepresenting or not.
resting light particle??
Or what a higgs-boson particle actually is.

““You must not lose faith ”

Level 5

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#76302 Feb 17, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, still don't care Mikey.
Some Christians/creationists prefer ID or was it the systems breakdown due to malware creation idea?
SCPID, I keep forgetting what the acronym if any, is supposed to mean.

““You must not lose faith ”

Level 5

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#76303 Feb 17, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Right, alcohol was being made long before modern day science came around. Some historians credit alcohol for forming civilization.
Chicken or the egg.
polluted water made it smart to drink alcohol.
Humanoid

Kansas City, MO

#76304 Feb 17, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
And we call that current theory the Big Bang. So now you're agreeing with it whereas in your last post you tried arguing against it. Badly.
Although there are still various possible hypotheses as to the point where the universe reaches the singularity, and not all of them *necessarily* contradict the possibility of something always existing.
<quoted text>
Your lame "puddle" reference is about abiogenesis. Cosmologists who are more concerned with how the universe began don't tend to worry much about abiogenesis. But you can't help arguing against caricatures, can you?
So far all the evidence demonstrates is that the universe is here. Period. Whether an "intelligent agent" was necessary has no actual scientific evidence for or against either way.
<quoted text>
Actually it doesn't. For one thing, quantum phenomena do NOT require a cause, yet they are scientifically observed. And for another thing, you claim your "intelligent agent" did NOT have a cause because it "must" have been there for eternity. Such an entity by definition is a complete and total violation of the rule of cause and effect.
<quoted text>
It has nothing to do with incredulity, since you are also incredulous of the concept. That's because EVERY time I ask you guys for evidence or an explanation of how it works you can't ever provide it.
So actually it has little to do with incredulity, and a whole LOT to do with the fact that you have a grand total of zero scientific evidence.
This is what we know for sure: The Bible is a fabricated fable, period. Humans are not descendants or monkeys, even you agree with that statement. So, God is a Bible character, and monkeys are not your great, great lost relatives, that can mean only one thing. All those galaxies, somewhere out there advanced aliens are using the earth as a huge floating petri dish. That explains Project Blue Book and SETI.....because its not called Project God Book or GODI.......there dud now you know the truth about human existence.....your welcome.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#76305 Feb 17, 2013
MAAT wrote:
<quoted text>
Some Christians/creationists prefer ID or was it the systems breakdown due to malware creation idea?
SCPID, I keep forgetting what the acronym if any, is supposed to mean.
Aw man, don't make me say it!

:-/

It's Mikey's own made up thing which he likes to call 'Systems Cycles Patterns.'

See, the systems cycle and the cycles make patterns and the patterns are part of the systems that cycle and make patterns.

Therefore Goddidit with magic.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#76306 Feb 17, 2013
MAAT wrote:
<quoted text>
Chicken or the egg.
polluted water made it smart to drink alcohol.
Aaand that's still a good enough reason.

Hehehe.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#76307 Feb 17, 2013
Humanoid wrote:
<quoted text>This is what we know for sure: The Bible is a fabricated fable, period. Humans are not descendants or monkeys, even you agree with that statement. So, God is a Bible character, and monkeys are not your great, great lost relatives, that can mean only one thing. All those galaxies, somewhere out there advanced aliens are using the earth as a huge floating petri dish. That explains Project Blue Book and SETI.....because its not called Project God Book or GODI.......there dud now you know the truth about human existence.....your welcome.
The great apes are in fact our distant cousins. The Prometheus movie is not a science documentary.

Sorry.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#76308 Feb 17, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>Okay, so maybe there's an argument there...
Ok at least we can agree on one thing!

LOL

Life is short, at least I've been told that I'm not sure how tall he is so I can't be positive.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#76309 Feb 17, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>Right, alcohol was being made long before modern day science came around. Some historians credit alcohol for forming civilization.
So what is wrong with science?

There is an obvious need for a drunken stupor pill and billions to be made on it yet here we are no pill just good old alcohol and hang overs.

Just saying......
Humanoid

Kansas City, MO

#76310 Feb 17, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
The great apes are in fact our distant cousins. The Prometheus movie is not a science documentary.
Sorry.
And, the Ten Commandments is real? Humans are primitive , not stupid. Ok, maybe one human. 200 years ago the Dude stood up and said, "Someday man will fly(like an eagle) to the moon" or "Someday man will fly a ship(Sailing ship) to the moon. Either way, the dude is considered nuts, one oar in the water. Then the dude says, "Someday God will return". Now, the dude is delusional. So,dude went to Africa to visit his relatives.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#76311 Feb 17, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>And I was interrupted as I typed. Did you want to take another shot at the Ten Commandment question I gave you or do you want to know the answer?
I did answer it.

"The tenth commandment concerns itself with property. It is more detailed than most of the other commandments because it spells out what is right and wrong with respect to the property of others. The tenth commandment states,“Thou shalt not covet thy neighbour’s house, thou shalt not covet thy neighbour’s wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor his ox, nor his ass, nor any thing that is thy neighbour’s”(Ex. 20:17).

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#76312 Feb 17, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text> http://i.crackedcdn.com/phpimages/article/6/0...

Beer is proof God wants us to be happy!

:-p
Then bars are proof that the government what's us to drive drunk.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#76313 Feb 17, 2013
Humanoid wrote:
<quoted text>This is what we know for sure:.
Yup

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#76314 Feb 17, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
I did answer it.
"The tenth commandment concerns itself with property. It is more detailed than most of the other commandments because it spells out what is right and wrong with respect to the property of others. The tenth commandment states,“Thou shalt not covet thy neighbour’s house, thou shalt not covet thy neighbour’s wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor his ox, nor his ass, nor any thing that is thy neighbour’s”(Ex. 20:17).
Nope, not the Ten Commandments I was talking about. I was talking about the Ten Commandments, you know, carved in stone. And you still did not choose from the four answers given.

So do you give up yet or are you going to insist on answer C?

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#76315 Feb 17, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>The great apes are in fact our distant cousins. The Prometheus movie is not a science documentary.

Sorry.
Dude if you where to get a divorce would your ex-wife still be your cousin?

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#76317 Feb 17, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Dude if you where to get a divorce would your ex-wife still be your cousin?
Not in your case. She would be your sister.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Last Post Wins! (Aug '08) 2 min Princess Hey 140,147
Word association (Jun '07) 5 min Crazy Jae 2,859
Word Association (Mar '10) 6 min Crazy Jae 17,040
Word Association (Jun '10) 7 min Crazy Jae 27,325
News Fart Apps Banned From Apple Watch 15 min Spotted Girl 3
News HuffPost Is In Deep, Weird Denial About Bruce J... 18 min Spotted Girl 18
"2" TWO word FUN game*** (Mar '13) 59 min Crazy Jae 1,408
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 1 hr Crazy Beautiful 161,507
JUST SAY SOMETHING. Whatever comes to mind!! (Aug '09) 1 hr Crazy Jae 28,883
Things that make life eaiser... 1 hr birthday gal 149
Whatcha' doing? (Apr '12) 1 hr Crazy Jae 8,372
motorcycle traveling stories 2 hr Mega Monster 614
More from around the web