Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.
Comments
71,721 - 71,740 of 114,364 Comments Last updated 55 min ago

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Huh. I guess I'd better not refer to Maggie Thatcher next time I write someth...
Ooops.
There are differences between books for sale and ordinary books for relaxation.
Projects, seminars and thesis, can name or quote any authority without their permissions.

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>I have.
Claims that he did it - doesn't say how.
That was my question.
I will not blame you over this response, spirituality or simply spiritual matters is/ are not your strong suit.

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would that God of yours sponsor/condone slavery.
Why would that same God stand around and let the 'Only True Church' kill many many thousands of humans in the witch hunts and Inquisitions?
Do you believe in the law of Karma or Retribution?
Even the bible said so, " the wicked shall never go un punished ".
Many people have lied using the name of God as a cover or shield.

Level 5

Since: Apr 12

Taizhou, China

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Judged:

Charles Idemi wrote:
Ok, big bang?
Now explain how that big bang brought the universe into form?

TerryL wrote:
Are you not sitting at a computer? Is it not connected to the intenet? USE IT!

Charles Idemi wrote:
Know this if you don't know Buddy, without the brain, there would be nothing like computer or the internet.
Have you seen any human(s) creating a natural brain?
All glory goes to God almighty. Just think about that.

Another red herring courtesy of Charles Idemi!

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Thomas Robertson wrote:
Charles Idemi wrote:
ďOf course i agree, the Catholic church then, did alot of bad things to people, but all these, does not change or invalidates the reality of God.Ē
So we have an all-powerful and all-loving God who either canít or wonít establish a church better than the Christian church has done.
If God is all-powerful, why CAN'T he establish a church which would not usher in the Dark Ages?
If God is all-loving, why WONíT he establish a church which would not usher in the Dark Ages?
I have been observing your perversive comments. Now listen and listen very good, humans only take charge while on earth, for just a definite period, but after that, death and judgement.
God has his own ways of dealing with us all.

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Once again Chuckles, it is up to the person making the POSITIVE claim to provide evidence for their beliefs. If none is given the null hypothesis says there is no reason to believe him.
You know that would be true if I made claims about the Flying Spaghetti Monster. You know that you cannot disprove the existence of his Holy Pasticity. It is also a ridiculous challenge.
Come on, prove the nonexistence of the FSM, I dare you to.
Subtles, i would say that is your own level of ignorance. You or any one else, can not disprove the existence of God.
Now tell me how the universe came into form?

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Thomas Robertson wrote:
Charles Idemi wrote:
Ok, big bang?
Now explain how that big bang brought the universe into form?
TerryL wrote:
Are you not sitting at a computer? Is it not connected to the intenet? USE IT!
Charles Idemi wrote:
Know this if you don't know Buddy, without the brain, there would be nothing like computer or the internet.
Have you seen any human(s) creating a natural brain?
All glory goes to God almighty. Just think about that.
Another red herring courtesy of Charles Idemi!
Red Herring?
Now tell me, can humans create a natural brain?
And again, there are alot of information of about God on the internet, find or use them. God is God.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Subtles, i would say that is your own level of ignorance. You or any one else, can not disprove the existence of God.
Not to bright are you?

That was my point exactly.

Can you disprove the existence of the Flying Spaghetti Monster?

Once again it is the obligation of the person making the positive claim to support himself. I am saying that I do not believe in your god. Why should I? What evidence do you have?

Now could you ask your question about the universe again in English? It seems rather vague.

Level 5

Taizhou, China

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Charles Idemi wrote:
Red Herring?

What does that have to do with the price of eggs?
The issue wasnít whether humans can create a natural brain or not,
The issue was whether the big bang took place or not.

Do you know what a red herring is?
In case you donít, let me tell you what a red herring is:
A red herring is a change of topic to distract the opponent from the original topic.
It is a dishonest tactic and you are a frequent user of that tactic.
And here I thought Christians were such honest people.

Charles Idemi wrote:
And again, there are a lot of information of about God on the internet, find or use them.

Let me see if I understand your premise correctly:
If there is a lot of information on an entity on the Internet, that proves the existence of that entity.

There is a lot of information about Harry Potter on the Internet, too.
So, according to your argument, as I understand it, Harry Potter must be a real person.
Is Harry Potter a real person?

Charles Idemi wrote:
God is God.

I agree.
A deal is a deal.
Enough is enough.
A rose is a rose is a rose is a rose.
And furthermore, a tautology is a tautology.

Level 5

Taizhou, China

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Charles Idemi wrote:

Gee, I donít know!

First, there was an ocean upon which a giant snake floated. Vishnu rested on this snake. A lotus flower sprung from Vishnuís umbilicis, and from that lotus flower came Brahma. And from Brahma came all that is in the universe.

Thatís one story.

The Ancient One, known as Unkulunkulu, is the Zulu creator. He came from the reeds and from them he brought forth the people and the cattle. He created everything that is: mountains, streams, and snakes. He taught the Zulu how to hunt, how to make fire, and how to grow food. He is considered to be the First Man and is in everything that he created.

Thatís another story.

In the beginning, there was only darkness. Suddenly there emerged emerged a disc which was yellow on one side and white on the other side. The Creator, a bearded man, sat inside the disk. He looked in different directions, thereby creating light, the dawn, the clouds, and three other gods. From the sweat of the four gods, he made a small ball. The four gods kicked the ball until it grew into the earth.
Thatís another story.
In the beginning, there was only an ocean. All the animals lived in the sky, where it was crowded. One day, a water beetle came to explore the earth. He explored below the surface and brought mud to the surface. He kept this up until the mud became land.
Thatís another story.

First, the Flying Spaghetti Monster created the universe. He was intoxicated at the time, hence the many imperfections. To test the faith of his followers, the Monster falsified the radiocarbon dating results with his noodly appendage.

Thatís another story.

So Iím all confused.
If I understand you correctly, the burden of proof is on the party receiving a message and doubting its truth. I canít disprove any of these stories.
That means I have to believe all of them.
How can I believe all of them if they contradict each other?

“‚ÄúYou must not lose faith ”

Level 5

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Some years ago while at UNI my (elective) history professor was compiling data from the Roman records of the first century. I became involved in the recording of those records, which have since been used as background in the authoring of books on the period.
Sara Reinke - Pantera
Robert Eisenman Ė James, the brother of Christ,
Hyam Maccobys Ė The Mythmaker,
Danial Underbank Ė Judas the Galilean: the flesh and blood Jesus
Paul Cresswell Ė Jesus the Terrorist
As far as I can make out the name Jesus in the context of the biblical character first cropped up in a mistake/misunderstanding when being translated to Greek over 50 years after the subjects death.
The strange thing is that the tanakh was properly )with the well known mistakes 70,000 counted sofar) translated where it counted and i believe that also happened in the 4th century CE.
Most early dating has been reviewed and C14 has taken the place of guessed comparisons. And most of those texts would be gnostic.

Thank you ChristineM for the titles. I could add some myself Attwill f.i.
But i actually plowed through the texts.(and like most took up a thorough dislike for romanized greek) but no such luck.
All there is to be found in western bibles and excerpts in IUXU or XAIA both with the connotation simple man/plebs/handworkman soldier. Or a short cryptic greek meaning opiuch in an ironic statement...for those with eyes to see, which was so popular that they used a short form for it. So i lean to the idea that it was intentionally a play to ridicule the jews and their ideas of a saviour, maybe written by Josephus.
I canīt recall the proverb opiuch derived from.(got it all in a thread so no worries)
The eastern translations, syriac-arab first, start in the 5th century and are better attested but have the same cryptic references. AI O. Well good luck to all that can read jesus in that.
But indeed it got inserted later, though when i still have not found, maybe the first welsh translation and came from a misinterpretation. I made lists of those.

Level 5

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

NASA anounced yesterday that they found out that the universe is flat...I feel rather two-dimensional ever since.
The media again. They must have caught on by now that this kind of formulation leads to a never ending stream of silly questions!

Level 5

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
"Archaeologists have also been unable to find evidence in Egypt for a million+ Hebrews living in or leaving Egypt at any time."
We can't seem to find the rock that provided the last missing mineral to the primordial soup that created life either.
Go figure!
Gee that only shows you skip posts or go selectively blind.
)At least you can choose when that happens. duh.
Montmorrilion or Carpentras soil, which is actually a kind of rock.
But after posting the link once i expect people to check.
So any kind of rock of similar composition will do. Mud and amino acids are also found in space. Even in asteroids.

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Not to bright are you?
That was my point exactly.
Can you disprove the existence of the Flying Spaghetti Monster?
Once again it is the obligation of the person making the positive claim to support himself. I am saying that I do not believe in your god. Why should I? What evidence do you have?
Now could you ask your question about the universe again in English? It seems rather vague.
Answer the question, how did the universe came into existence or form?
I want a vivid or clear response in English.

Level 5

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

once ones montmorillion
Symbols are on the blink so iīll sound a bit more expressive today.

Level 5

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
I see so you're in the camp of no proof is proof.
What is this strange drug you all are on?
Word of me did use the expression CHRISTIAN DOGMA.
Everyone knows itis a parsha to explain how people thought languages had arisen.
Who thought them to take it all literal!
No proof in this case is languages and writing attested allover the place. So no proof for language confusion spreading allover the world. And proof of languages being everywhere is more convincing of thus another theory.
No idea why logic should involve drugs.
I had a cup o coffee.

Level 5

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Answer the question, how did the universe came into existence or form?
I want a vivid or clear response in English.
Read the forum, SZ has answered that extensively.

Faith sometimes has nothing to do with anything you pose.
We however have no faith that you are functionally literate.

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Thomas Robertson wrote:
Charles Idemi wrote:
Red Herring?
What does that have to do with the price of eggs?
The issue wasnít whether humans can create a natural brain or not,
The issue was whether the big bang took place or not.
Do you know what a red herring is?
In case you donít, let me tell you what a red herring is:
A red herring is a change of topic to distract the opponent from the original topic.
It is a dishonest tactic and you are a frequent user of that tactic.
And here I thought Christians were such honest people.
Charles Idemi wrote:
And again, there are a lot of information of about God on the internet, find or use them.
Let me see if I understand your premise correctly:
If there is a lot of information on an entity on the Internet, that proves the existence of that entity.
There is a lot of information about Harry Potter on the Internet, too.
So, according to your argument, as I understand it, Harry Potter must be a real person.
Is Harry Potter a real person?
Charles Idemi wrote:
God is God.
I agree.
A deal is a deal.
Enough is enough.
A rose is a rose is a rose is a rose.
And furthermore, a tautology is a tautology.
Foul!
That is a dishonest comments from you, i knew what he meant, but i decided to let him know some certain things beyond his memory.

Level 5

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> No.
Read 2 Timothy 2 verse 15.
One must study, before he or she will be approved by God.
What a cruel thing to say to you.

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Thomas Robertson wrote:
Charles Idemi wrote:
Gee, I donít know!
First, there was an ocean upon which a giant snake floated. Vishnu rested on this snake. A lotus flower sprung from Vishnuís umbilicis, and from that lotus flower came Brahma. And from Brahma came all that is in the universe.
Thatís one story.
The Ancient One, known as Unkulunkulu, is the Zulu creator. He came from the reeds and from them he brought forth the people and the cattle. He created everything that is: mountains, streams, and snakes. He taught the Zulu how to hunt, how to make fire, and how to grow food. He is considered to be the First Man and is in everything that he created.
Thatís another story.
In the beginning, there was only darkness. Suddenly there emerged emerged a disc which was yellow on one side and white on the other side. The Creator, a bearded man, sat inside the disk. He looked in different directions, thereby creating light, the dawn, the clouds, and three other gods. From the sweat of the four gods, he made a small ball. The four gods kicked the ball until it grew into the earth.
Thatís another story.
In the beginning, there was only an ocean. All the animals lived in the sky, where it was crowded. One day, a water beetle came to explore the earth. He explored below the surface and brought mud to the surface. He kept this up until the mud became land.
Thatís another story.
First, the Flying Spaghetti Monster created the universe. He was intoxicated at the time, hence the many imperfections. To test the faith of his followers, the Monster falsified the radiocarbon dating results with his noodly appendage.
Thatís another story.
So Iím all confused.
If I understand you correctly, the burden of proof is on the party receiving a message and doubting its truth. I canít disprove any of these stories.
That means I have to believe all of them.
How can I believe all of them if they contradict each other?
There is only one God. The Hebrews were the very first to understand the true ways of worshipping this God.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••