Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#76198 Feb 16, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Not to bright are you?
That was my point exactly.
Can you disprove the existence of the Flying Spaghetti Monster?
Once again it is the obligation of the person making the positive claim to support himself. I am saying that I do not believe in your god. Why should I? What evidence do you have?
Now could you ask your question about the universe again in English? It seems rather vague.
Answer the question, how did the universe came into existence or form?
I want a vivid or clear response in English.

““You must not lose faith ”

Level 5

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#76199 Feb 16, 2013
once ones montmorillion
Symbols are on the blink so i´ll sound a bit more expressive today.

Level 5

Location hidden

#76200 Feb 16, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
I see so you're in the camp of no proof is proof.
What is this strange drug you all are on?
Word of me did use the expression CHRISTIAN DOGMA.
Everyone knows itis a parsha to explain how people thought languages had arisen.
Who thought them to take it all literal!
No proof in this case is languages and writing attested allover the place. So no proof for language confusion spreading allover the world. And proof of languages being everywhere is more convincing of thus another theory.
No idea why logic should involve drugs.
I had a cup o coffee.

Level 5

Location hidden

#76201 Feb 16, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Answer the question, how did the universe came into existence or form?
Read the forum, SZ has answered that extensively.

Faith sometimes has nothing to do with anything you pose.
We however have no faith that you are functionally literate.

Level 2

Location hidden

#76202 Feb 16, 2013
Thomas Robertson wrote:
Charles Idemi wrote:
Red Herring?
Now tell me, can humans create a natural brain?
What does that have to do with the price of eggs?
The issue wasn’t whether humans can create a natural brain or not,
The issue was whether the big bang took place or not.
Do you know what a red herring is?
In case you don’t, let me tell you what a red herring is:
A red herring is a change of topic to distract the opponent from the original topic.
It is a dishonest tactic and you are a frequent user of that tactic.
And here I thought Christians were such honest people.
Charles Idemi wrote:
And again, there are a lot of information of about God on the internet, find or use them.
Let me see if I understand your premise correctly:
If there is a lot of information on an entity on the Internet, that proves the existence of that entity.
There is a lot of information about Harry Potter on the Internet, too.
So, according to your argument, as I understand it, Harry Potter must be a real person.
Is Harry Potter a real person?
Charles Idemi wrote:
God is God.
I agree.
A deal is a deal.
Enough is enough.
A rose is a rose is a rose is a rose.
And furthermore, a tautology is a tautology.
Foul!
That is a dishonest comments from you, i knew what he meant, but i decided to let him know some certain things beyond his memory.

Level 5

Location hidden

#76203 Feb 16, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> No.
Read 2 Timothy 2 verse 15.
One must study, before he or she will be approved by God.
What a cruel thing to say to you.

Level 2

Location hidden

#76204 Feb 16, 2013
Thomas Robertson wrote:
Charles Idemi wrote:
Now tell me how the universe came into form?
Gee, I don’t know!
First, there was an ocean upon which a giant snake floated. Vishnu rested on this snake. A lotus flower sprung from Vishnu’s umbilicis, and from that lotus flower came Brahma. And from Brahma came all that is in the universe.
That’s one story.
The Ancient One, known as Unkulunkulu, is the Zulu creator. He came from the reeds and from them he brought forth the people and the cattle. He created everything that is: mountains, streams, and snakes. He taught the Zulu how to hunt, how to make fire, and how to grow food. He is considered to be the First Man and is in everything that he created.
That’s another story.
In the beginning, there was only darkness. Suddenly there emerged emerged a disc which was yellow on one side and white on the other side. The Creator, a bearded man, sat inside the disk. He looked in different directions, thereby creating light, the dawn, the clouds, and three other gods. From the sweat of the four gods, he made a small ball. The four gods kicked the ball until it grew into the earth.
That’s another story.
In the beginning, there was only an ocean. All the animals lived in the sky, where it was crowded. One day, a water beetle came to explore the earth. He explored below the surface and brought mud to the surface. He kept this up until the mud became land.
That’s another story.
First, the Flying Spaghetti Monster created the universe. He was intoxicated at the time, hence the many imperfections. To test the faith of his followers, the Monster falsified the radiocarbon dating results with his noodly appendage.
That’s another story.
So I’m all confused.
If I understand you correctly, the burden of proof is on the party receiving a message and doubting its truth. I can’t disprove any of these stories.
That means I have to believe all of them.
How can I believe all of them if they contradict each other?
There is only one God. The Hebrews were the very first to understand the true ways of worshipping this God.

Level 5

Location hidden

#76205 Feb 16, 2013
How gods get turned into mud to create a new god.

Right on we go with a.o. Astour. The semite hurrian connection.In a dissertation on the original turf of Kurdistan.

Astour,“Les Hourrites…,” p. 3. The names of two Ebla months are derived from the deities Adamma and
Aštabi, who were once considered Hurrian deities. However, recent studies show that these, and even ›epat and
Iš‹ara, were Syrian deities adopted by the Hurrians, cf. Wilhelm,“L’état actuel et …,” Amurru, I, p. 177. For the
Semitic origins of the divine names Adamma and Aštabil (instead of Aštabi) cf. Pomponio, F. and P. Xella, Les
dieux d’Ebla,études analytique des divintés Éblaïtes à l’epoque des archives royales de IIIe millénaire,
Münster, 1997, p. 15; 76. But because the form A-da-ma-ku-ni occurs in Kaneš in the 19th or 18th century BC and
the later form A-dam-Ma-li-e from Alala‹ from 15th-14th century, attaching the Hattian element Maliya also
attested in Kaniš, Adamma could belong to an old substratum of Asia Minor but later Semitized according to
Lipi&#324;ski: Lipi&#324;ski, E., Resheph, A Syro-Canaanite Deity, Leuven, 2009, p. 52. The suffix –kuni belongs
according to Laroche to a “submerged Anatolian language of unknown origin,” Lipi&#324;ski, ibid.(referring to
Laroche, E., Les noms des Hittites, Paris, 1966, p. 48, no. 197). But this suffix is common among the Hurrian
PNs, as explained above in discussing the PN Š/Satarguni (see above). For Archi both Adamma and Aštabi(l),
together with Iš‹ara, are among the substrate deities: Archi, A.,“Divinités sémitiques et divinités de substrat, le
cas d’Iš‹ara et d’Ištar à Ebla,” MARI 7, Paris, 1993, p. 72; Archi, A.,“Substrate: Some Remarks on the
Formation of the West Hurrian Pantheon,” Hittite and other Anatolian and Near Eastern Studies in Honour of
Sedat Alp, eds. H. Otten, E. Akurgal, H. Ertem and A. Süel, Ankara, 1992, p. 10-11.

ari ara there is, or such a form of ´be. Have to check. Give. Though all cuneiform is usually called Akkadian they do differ a bit in meaning.
The old dialect could be Luvite given the period studied 2500 to 1500 BC. But on the cusp of changing to modern Luvian hittite, and 1000 BC babylonian is also used to get to some translations.

kuni would seem to imply turf-people-tribe according to the Luvian linguistic study.

So gods replacing gods or being forgotten, or coming back in different forms, happens al the time.

So maybe Eusebius unbeknownst to himself was entirely right in stating that 108 CE )some churchfathers mentioned dying')was really 2124 AA.
Anno Adam.
The god Adam that is.

Talk about memory.
And notice that the tower of Bable presumably happened around that time as well as the flood.
Anno Mundi has a lot of different dates.

Level 5

Location hidden

#76206 Feb 16, 2013

Level 5

Location hidden

#76207 Feb 16, 2013
Ah the hydrogen issue and WMAP and the flat universe.
http://map.gsfc.nasa.gov/universe/uni_matter....

Level 2

Location hidden

#76208 Feb 16, 2013
Thomas Robertson wrote:
Charles Idemi wrote:
Now tell me how the universe came into form?
Gee, I don’t know!
First, there was an ocean upon which a giant snake floated. Vishnu rested on this snake. A lotus flower sprung from Vishnu’s umbilicis, and from that lotus flower came Brahma. And from Brahma came all that is in the universe.
That’s one story.
The Ancient One, known as Unkulunkulu, is the Zulu creator. He came from the reeds and from them he brought forth the people and the cattle. He created everything that is: mountains, streams, and snakes. He taught the Zulu how to hunt, how to make fire, and how to grow food. He is considered to be the First Man and is in everything that he created.
That’s another story.
In the beginning, there was only darkness. Suddenly there emerged emerged a disc which was yellow on one side and white on the other side. The Creator, a bearded man, sat inside the disk. He looked in different directions, thereby creating light, the dawn, the clouds, and three other gods. From the sweat of the four gods, he made a small ball. The four gods kicked the ball until it grew into the earth.
That’s another story.
In the beginning, there was only an ocean. All the animals lived in the sky, where it was crowded. One day, a water beetle came to explore the earth. He explored below the surface and brought mud to the surface. He kept this up until the mud became land.
That’s another story.
First, the Flying Spaghetti Monster created the universe. He was intoxicated at the time, hence the many imperfections. To test the faith of his followers, the Monster falsified the radiocarbon dating results with his noodly appendage.
That’s another story.
So I’m all confused.
If I understand you correctly, the burden of proof is on the party receiving a message and doubting its truth. I can’t disprove any of these stories.
That means I have to believe all of them.
How can I believe all of them if they contradict each other?
And again, others do worship this God through gods, goddesses, mediums, etc.
God is just one, others are minors.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#76209 Feb 16, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Answer the question, how did the universe came into existence or form?
Watch and learn:

Level 2

Location hidden

#76210 Feb 16, 2013
MAAT wrote:
<quoted text>
Read the forum, SZ has answered that extensively.
Faith sometimes has nothing to do with anything you pose.
We however have no faith that you are functionally literate.
Opinions are always subjective to the senders, Kashmir, yours are no different.

Level 2

Location hidden

#76211 Feb 16, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Watch and learn:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =FaB-zq864-cXX
You need orientation and education, indeed.

Level 2

Location hidden

#76212 Feb 16, 2013
What does Richard Dawkins, a mortal, understood about the origin of the universe?

Level 5

Since: Apr 12

Taizhou, China

#76213 Feb 16, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
What does Richard Dawkins, a mortal, understood about the origin of the universe?

Danged if I know.
Why are you bringing his name up?

Level 5

Since: Apr 12

Taizhou, China

#76214 Feb 16, 2013
Sorry, Charles.
Was that Youtube link to something by Dawkins?
We can't get Youtube in China.

Anyway, this is about #76210.
You said:

"Opinions are always subjective to the senders, Kashmir, yours are no different."

You're a fine one to tell someone else that.

Level 5

Location hidden

#76215 Feb 16, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> You need orientation and education, indeed.
YOU=I
WMAP proved we live in a flat universe

Watched it yet.

Level 5

Location hidden

#76216 Feb 16, 2013
Thomas Robertson wrote:
Sorry, Charles.
Was that Youtube link to something by Dawkins?
We can't get Youtube in China.
Anyway, this is about #76210.
You said:
"Opinions are always subjective to the senders, Kashmir, yours are no different."
You're a fine one to tell someone else that.
It´s a weird way to tell anyone that!

A universe from nothing. The physicist Lawrence Krauss explaining how the universe was measured, what it consists of and the flat shape of it and why. Quantum fluctuation can cause the universe. No excess energy to start with. The cosmological constant causes it to speeed up. Confirms WMAP.
Hubblediagrams through time.
Takes us through the history of physics also.
If you look at the news on your right, he is mentioned.
Funny saying, Forget about jesus, the stars died for us.

Level 2

Location hidden

#76217 Feb 16, 2013
MAAT wrote:
<quoted text>YOU=I
WMAP proved we live in a flat universe
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =FaB-zq864-cXX
Watched it yet.
Read the book of Isaiah 40 verse 22 and be silenced forever.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Merry Christmas Topix, Thanks For,...? 4 min -CatCiao- 88
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 4 min Tom2Tone 152,382
Is it possible to....... 7 min andet1987 526
The letter F (Jun '13) 8 min whatimeisit 907
Housewife convicted of frying husband (Mar '07) 9 min swedenforever 57
~`*`~ Create a sentence using the 'letters' of ... (Oct '12) 10 min Hoosier Hillbilly 1,755
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 10 min andet1987 7,497
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 14 min Mega Monster 37,721
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 1 hr Sublime1 25,505
Family Feud Contestant Knows Women Have To Be '... 1 hr Protoham 13
More from around the web