Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.
Comments
71,681 - 71,700 of 114,565 Comments Last updated 19 min ago

“Leave That Thing Alone!”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> I don't know is not an answer but a failed answer.
"I don't know" is an honest answer... not that you would know anything about being honest

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Judged:

TerryL wrote:
<quoted text>Are you not sitting at a computer? Is it not connected to the intenet? USE IT!
Know this if you don't know Buddy, without the brain, there would be nothing like computer or the internet.
Have you seen any human(s) creating a natural brain?
All glory goes to God almighty. Just think about that.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Judged:

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Have you forgotten the title of this thread or forum, " Evolution versus Creation"?
What are the evolutionist in the name of science always trying to do?
Answer those questions honestly.
Yes, I remember the thread title. I took it as an invitation to debate.

I while away the odd idle hour pointing out why Evolution (supported by rational, scientific, demonstrable data) works.

And why "Goddidit", supported by nothing but the assertion, doesn't.

Science works.
Doesn't give a sh!t what you believe, Charles.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>Many of the different sciences are working on projects that end up having some consequences for religious beliefs. One has only to make the connection.

Many scientific endeavors aimed at proving points in the Bible have ended up disproving them.

Case in point: archaeologists have been scouring the Sinai desert for over a hundred years to find evidence for the Biblical Exodus. They have been unable to find ANYTHING that corroborates it. Not one piece of anything to indicate that a million+- Hebrews walked the area escaping the Egyptian 'Pharoah' and his army.

The archaeologists found evidence of smaller groups passing in the desert, both before and after the reputed time....but nothing at all for the 'Exodus"

So here we have a part of the Bible that has thrilled people for a few thousand years, a founding story for the religion of Yahweh, and it's been proved totally false.

Archaeologists have also been unable to find evidence in Egypt for a million+ Hebrews living in or leaving Egypt at any time.

That's just one of a number of things that science has proven to be wrong in the Christian Bible.
"Archaeologists have also been unable to find evidence in Egypt for a million+ Hebrews living in or leaving Egypt at any time."

We can't seem to find the rock that provided the last missing mineral to the primordial soup that created life either.

Go figure!

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Judged:

macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>That's NOT what you said.
Here:
"More shit from you.
Now give me three( 3) archaeological proof or evidence for Harry Porter ?"
That's what you said.
You were given them.
So you're changing the question because you didn't like the answer.
That's dishonest, at the least.
I can write a book and name real places in that book, but i can not name real characters, except i took permissions from them.

“Leave That Thing Alone!”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Know this if you don't know Buddy, without the brain, there would be nothing like computer or the internet.
Have you seen any human(s) creating a natural brain?
All glory goes to God almighty. Just think about that.
So you would rather rely on strangers for your information than to search it out for yourself when you have access to the one tool that can bring it to you directlty?? Oh wait... you're a 'believer' which means having your thinking done for you is par for the course.

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Bollocks.
If you don't know, "I don't know" is the ONLY real, true answer.
Try this: how, exactly, did your deity create the Universe?
If you don't know that...
Read the bible book of Genesis.

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

TerryL wrote:
<quoted text>"I don't know" is an honest answer... not that you would know anything about being honest
Wrong!
It is a statement of defeat.
forreal

Sinton, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Kong_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, the scientific concensus is that an asteroid about the size of Mt. Everest struck the earth about 65 million years ago. It blew out a crater about 100 miles wide, and produced a variety of effects on a global scale.
Per Wiki: "The impactor had an estimated diameter of 10 km (6.2 mi) and delivered an estimated energy equivalent of 100 teratons of TNT (4.2×1023 J).[21] By contrast, the most powerful man-made explosive device ever detonated, the Tsar Bomba, had a yield of only 57 megatons of TNT (2.4×1017 J),[22] making the Chicxulub impact 2 million times more powerful."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chicxulub_crater
And the earth went out of Orbit with the impact right!LOLOLOL

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Judged:

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Go on with your gibberish, in my life experiences, i have not seen any one defeating the almighty.
Nor have I seen evidence of the Almighty.
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text>They will only boast, brag that they are this or that, but only to end up in the grave or being cremated.
Yup. And lying in the graveyards and crematoriums next to we non-believers and skeptics will be the pious and self-sanctimonious Christians.
forreal

Victoria, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Judged:

I am a believer now the earth was impact with a Huge Astroid so huge that now we know how the earth got its spin!LOLOLOLOL

“Robert Stevens”

Level 1

Since: Dec 08

Jersey City , NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Judged:

macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>"God the creator" isn't your deity?
Never mind, I was distracted by that.
Okay, where are scientists trying to disprove God the creator?
Actually it is most likely we are in a computor simulation. It would explain why there are no waves, that would result from a big bang.

Level 5

Taizhou, China

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Judged:

Charles Idemi wrote:
Give me three archaeological evidence for Harry Porter?
Will three historical references do the trick?

Nicolas Flammel (c. 1330-1418) was a French scrivener.
Legend shrouded Flammel with supernatural powers by people living in the Seventeenth Century, not by J. K. Rowling.

Paracelsus (1493-1541) was a German Swiss astrologer.

Henry Cornelius Agrippa (1486-1535) was a German astrologer and alchemist.

All three historical figures are mentioned in the Harry Potter books.
You say that if King Herod was an actual person, that proves that the entire Bible is true?
Then if Flamel, Paracelsus, and Agrippa were actual people, why doesn't that prove that the Harry Potter novels are true?
Alien Outlaw

Kansas City, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

MAAT wrote:
<quoted text>
So how were the aliens made?
As far as the question concerns you are just shifting the problem on someone else's turf.
And then it does not matter what attributes you give it.
But have you read up by now some proper translations of old Akkadian? Guess not.
More important issue...Who made God? How was he made? Humans know the Bible is a real book, they hold it, its an inanimate object. Humans know bones and monkeys are real. Humans know the earth, galaxies and the universe are real. Now, that being said you want proof. Without question, the aliens from the universe are mistaken for God(s) by the primitive human animals. The Bible is the human attempt to forget the truth........"fear of the unknown".Imagine the primitive human animal 2000 years ago having an encounter with an alien being. The alien being first controls the human with mind manipulation. Then allows the human animal to glimpse the aliens world. Then, the human animal knows nobody will believe them. Matter of fact, if they tell the other primitives they will likely be stoned to death, hanged or nailed to a cross. So, instead the primitives humans of the times created a story, the Bible and the rest is history. Even today, the primitives dont believe aliens exist and from what we know they never will. Brainwashing at its finest....thank God!

Level 7

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> I can write a book and name real places in that book, but i can not name real characters, except i took permissions from them.
Huh. I guess I'd better not refer to Maggie Thatcher next time I write someth...

Ooops.

Level 7

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Read the bible book of Genesis.
I have.

Claims that he did it - doesn't say how.

That was my question.

Level 7

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Thomas Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
Will three historical references do the trick?
Nicolas Flammel (c. 1330-1418) was a French scrivener.
Legend shrouded Flammel with supernatural powers by people living in the Seventeenth Century, not by J. K. Rowling.
Paracelsus (1493-1541) was a German Swiss astrologer.
Henry Cornelius Agrippa (1486-1535) was a German astrologer and alchemist.
All three historical figures are mentioned in the Harry Potter books.
You say that if King Herod was an actual person, that proves that the entire Bible is true?
Then if Flamel, Paracelsus, and Agrippa were actual people, why doesn't that prove that the Harry Potter novels are true?
Hehehe.

You're going to Hell, you know.

ROFLOL.

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

G'dansk

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Judged:

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Ofcourse i agree, the Catholic church then, did alot of bad things to people, but all these, does not change or invalidates the reality of God.
Why would that God of yours sponsor/condone slavery.

Why would that same God stand around and let the 'Only True Church' kill many many thousands of humans in the witch hunts and Inquisitions?
drink the hivE

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Judged:

Scientist - My Finding' Are Pointless When Taken Out Of Context.

Media - Scientist Claims "Findings Are Pointless"...

http://0.tqn.com/d/politicalhumor/1/0/T/a/4/o...

Level 5

Taizhou, China

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Judged:

H. G. Wells invented a time machine.
The first thing he did was jump in and travel back to Benjamin Franklin’s time.
He said,“Hi! My name is H. G. Wells and I just invented a time machine.
I traveled back here because I wanted to meet you.
I would also like to meet William Shakespeare.
Would you like to meet him too?”

Franklin said,“I believe I would.“
Wells said,“Let’s go.”

So they both hopped into the time machine and traveled back to the early Seventeenth Century.
There, they met William Shakespeare.
They asked him if there were any historical figures which he would like to meet.
Shakespeare said,“I have always wanted to meet Leonardo da Vinci.”
Wells and Franklin agreed that they would, too.
Shakespeare said,“But there is just one problem. What will we do about the language barrier?”
Wells and Franklin looked at each other.
Wells said,“Let’s travel back into the future and see what we can do about that.”

So they all hopped into the time machine and traveled into our time.
They purchased a cell phone and wrote down the number of an Italian interpreter.
While they were in the store, the clerk told the three gentlemen about the Internet and the wonderful role which it plays in communication in all fields of study.

Then they hopped back into the time machine and traveled to the early Sixteenth Century.
With help from the cell phone, they introduced themselves to Leonardo and asked him if he would like to travel to the future with them.
Leonardo said,“Si. Mi piacerebbe molto.”

So all four men hopped into the time machine and traveled back into our time.
They knocked on the door of Charles Idemi’s house.
Wells said,“Hi. I’m H. G. Wells, this is Benjamin Franklin, this is William Shakespeare, and this is Leonardo da Vinci. We understand that you are an educationist, business administrator, and minister of the gospel. So we would like for you to share your wisdom with us.”

Whereupon all five great men sat down and conversed until the wee small hours of the morning.

There. I’ve written a story which uses only names of actual people.
So the story itself must be true.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••