Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#76015 Feb 15, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> And also now, the statistics of atheism and christianity is an evidence to that.
Galileo was a scientist and a firm believer of God, yes or no?
Francis Collins and Ken Miller are firm believers of God.

They both accept evolution.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#76016 Feb 15, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> What ever!
The facts is that, no statement, whether good or bad can change the reality of God.
... and the reality is that no-one can demonstrate it even exists. Tough nuggies, bub.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#76017 Feb 15, 2013
Alien Outlaw wrote:
<quoted text>Don't be scared. They made humans and all life on earth. Humans think they(aliens) are God(s), angels and Demons.........The primitive human animal just out of the dark ages has a mind steeped in folk lure and tale tales. The aliens know the human animal well. The humans comprehension levels are low, unable to grasp the alien beings. In order to cope with reality humans went to what they know, story telling, a coping mechanism. That's where the "Fear of God" came from. Fear of the unknown, not wanting to know, knowing their world was shattered beyond comprehension.
I'm not scared.

You're in Kansas.

Kansans should be scared.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#76018 Feb 15, 2013
Superwilly wrote:
<quoted text> Christianity is not about healing people with prayer, it is about following jesus. Totally different thing.
Well around here following Jesus means lying their azz off for Jesus. Hopefully you are not like the majority of your fellow brethren on here.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#76019 Feb 15, 2013
bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
Damn! you've already proved my point, can't you STFU .
If only you had a point to prove.(shrug)
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#76020 Feb 15, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> All the evidences you are seeking for, are found in the bible you rejected.
If truly you are right, there would be no bible at all to read.
The Bible is a bunch of baseless claims written by ancient superstitous goat-herders who thought the Earth was flat.

Some stuff it gets right, some stuff it gets wrong. The rest can't be verified at this time.

Especially all the magic bits.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#76021 Feb 15, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text>And again, all credits goes to God for giving us the brain for science, art, technology and social or management sciences.
In which case you can credit God for not giving you one of them fancy brain thingies. You'd only get a headache anyway.(shrug)
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#76022 Feb 15, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Faith is the evidence of things not seen, we Christians have it, but you don't.
Faith is the complete opposite of evidence. They are diametrically opposed.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#76023 Feb 15, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Under science we have two beliefs of thought:
1. Atheism and
2. Christianity.
Yes or no?
If yes, then your statements are just mere assertions.
No. Science does not and cannot falsify a God because the concept is not scientific.

Theism and Christianity are irrelevant to science, period.

Atheism is irrelevant to science, period.

Science doesn't CARE what anyone's religious or philosophical opinions are. All it cares about is what you can demonstrate in an objective manner via the scientific method.

Since you can't demonstrate your beliefs objectively they are relevant only to you and anyone who happens to agree with you.

And somehow I'm guessing that even half the fundies here would not back you up on your claim that arbitrary imaginary international datelines are evidence of invisible spirit demons.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#76024 Feb 15, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Foul!
A man prospecting for oil is an act of what?
I hope you know the answer, it is science, yes but faith is needed, because there may or may not be oil under the ground.
Not faith, because science is perfectly open to the possibility of there being no oil underground. It comes up with a scientific theory based on evidence.

Currently ALL geology is based on old world assumptions, because it has been found that young Earth assumptions do not work, period.

That's why there are no Young Earth Creationist geologists looking for oil deposits. And the geologists the creationists sent out in the eighties to go look for evidence of a global flood and young Earth all came back and told their bosses exactly what they didn't wanna hear.

After that the creo's stopped sending scientists out into the field and just concentrated on apologetics. Apologetics of course being a pseudonym for lying for Jesus.

So no, when geologists looking for oil deposits find those deposits more often with old Earth geology than they do with young Earth geology, it's NOT a matter of faith.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#76025 Feb 15, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> No, i didn't say science, because we have scientist that are christians, i was only talking about scientist that are atheist.
There are Christian scientists who disagree with you on science. They have no problem accepting biology, chemistry and physics - you know, all those things you have a problem with.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#76026 Feb 15, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> No, i didn't say science, because we have scientist that are christians, i was only talking about scientist that are atheist.
Oh, and another thing - scientists who are atheists aren't trying to disprove a God. Since they can't falsify non-scientific concepts either.
Will Work For Judge Its

Denver, CO

#76027 Feb 15, 2013
Bobby Henderson FTW!

Oh nevermind, he's as useless as Adam today.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#76028 Feb 15, 2013
Alien outlaw wrote:
<quoted text>Exactly woody, humans have not started....kind of ironic. What will humans discover? Gods heavenly gates and every single human that has ever passed to the after life? So, woody how long did it take humans to evolve language, than writing, than the Bible? And, discover that bones are indeed the gateway to human existence.....silly stuff woody. Once humans explore deep space, clues will discount all theories and man made concepts
OK there major Tom....

what makes you believe that?

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#76029 Feb 15, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Subtles, you are always fond of boasting of evidence as well as proofs, now show it.
Once more Chuckles, you have to show that you are worth it. Do you even know what would constitute evidence?

“I started out with nothing”

Level 6

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#76030 Feb 15, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Faith is the evidence of things not seen, we Christians have it, but you don't.
Like not collecting stamps is evidence of a hobby?

St. Croix valley

#76031 Feb 15, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Like not collecting stamps is evidence of a hobby?
i've got a great collection of seashells, i keep them scattered across beaches all over the world...perhaps you've seen it?

St. Croix valley

#76032 Feb 15, 2013
how come Russia gets all the really cool meteorites?!

“I started out with nothing”

Level 6

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#76033 Feb 15, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>i've got a great collection of seashells, i keep them scattered across beaches all over the world...perhaps you've seen it?
Yes, wonderful, you must have spent ages gathering a collection like that

St. Croix valley

#76034 Feb 15, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, wonderful, you must have spent ages gathering a collection like that
Apparantly, not more than 6,000 years....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 26 min Mega Monster 7,522
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 42 min Roy 152,429
Make A Sentance out of a 5 letter word. (Nov '09) 1 hr Trouser Cough 30,298
Last 3 Letters into 3 new words. (Dec '08) 1 hr Trouser Cough 55,257
I Like..... (Mar '14) 1 hr andet1987 476
WHAT???? A NEW word game? FOUR WORDS (Sep '08) 1 hr Trouser Cough 40,715
A To Z Of Movies (Sep '12) 1 hr Wolftracks 4,319
Merry Christmas Topix, Thanks For,...? 1 hr poopie 116
"OLD SAYINGS" - - - Feel free to post them here... 2 hr Dr Wu 77
Let's Play Song Titles With One Word? 2 hr wichita-rick 166