Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#75995 Feb 15, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> If you have eyes, you would n't have asked such a question.
Again, there's nothing wrong with my eyes - but you seem determined to duck the question.

You stated that science was trying to disprove your deity.

Show me where.

““You must not lose faith ”

Level 5

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#75996 Feb 15, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Where is "science" trying to disprove your deity?
Sofar CI hasn't defined evidence though asked to do so.
E=Mc^2 is the enemy of god he decided.
So Einstein must be wrong.

It does not make him review his definition of god being a huge all permeating extra energy source.

Daft can be fascinating.;p

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#75997 Feb 15, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Oh, okay. You do have faith.
You lack knowledge.
Gottit.
Foul!
A man prospecting for oil is an act of what?
I hope you know the answer, it is science, yes but faith is needed, because there may or may not be oil under the ground.

Level 5

Location hidden

#75998 Feb 15, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>What's a "belief of thought"?
And no, Atheism is NOT an antonym for Christianity.
It's an antonym for Theism.
It's really,really simple.
There's no evidence to support the existence of any deity; therefore no reason to believe in one.
Therefore, I don't.
Was that so hard?
We have as many thoughts as there are people, all with their own believes f.i. outlaws kitchen needs tinfoiled.

Small world some people have.

Level 5

Location hidden

#75999 Feb 15, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>The International Date Line is 180 degrees longitude. It's bent a bit to avoid places where people live, so it won't be Tuesday in the living room and Monday in the bedroom, but it's 180 for all that.
That's a completely arbitrary extension of the completely arbitrary decision to put the Prime Meridian (that's zero degrees, remember?) through the Royal Observatory in Greenwich.
You do know how that works, don't you?
No bends there.
So they CN watch the stars on monday and tuesday at the date time.
duh.grin

Level 5

Location hidden

#76000 Feb 15, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Foul!
A man prospecting for oil is an act of what?
I hope you know the answer, it is science, yes but faith is needed, because there may or may not be oil under the ground.
Trusting in geology, archeology (since it's fossilized life) or chemistry.(since it canbe produced by othr processes too.
So what. No god.

Level 5

Location hidden

#76001 Feb 15, 2013
And nowadays it's no longer about no oil, but whether it's enough!

Level 2

Location hidden

#76002 Feb 15, 2013
MAAT wrote:
<quoted text>
Trusting in geology, archeology (since it's fossilized life) or chemistry.(since it canbe produced by othr processes too.
So what. No god.
We are not talking about God, but faith, look before you leap.

“I started out with nothing”

Level 6

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#76003 Feb 15, 2013
MAAT wrote:
<quoted text>
As a simple by the way!
You have no idea of the number of texts i plowed through to find the first menyion. Even finding Jesus in any shape or form i still can't correctly pin-point.
Western church-history makes it all look as if they actually kept check.
They did not.
All i know is that a russian bible is the only one that can be dated properly.
I took it that god came from:
A version of Gawd (old english first attestation in a Welsh copy) the syrian god of chance and enemy of YHWH.
Or from Goth since they spread a rule of terror and destruction to enforce christianity.
Gudean i would read as a form of 'good' or pointing to Judea. The man from Gudea.
Some years ago while at UNI my (elective) history professor was compiling data from the Roman records of the first century. I became involved in the recording of those records, which have since been used as background in the authoring of books on the period.

Sara Reinke - Pantera
Robert Eisenman James, the brother of Christ,
Hyam Maccobys The Mythmaker,
Danial Underbank Judas the Galilean: the flesh and blood Jesus
Paul Cresswell Jesus the Terrorist

As far as I can make out the name Jesus in the context of the biblical character first cropped up in a mistake/misunderstanding when being translated to Greek over 50 years after the subjects death.

Level 2

Location hidden

#76004 Feb 15, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Again, there's nothing wrong with my eyes - but you seem determined to duck the question.
You stated that science was trying to disprove your deity.
Show me where.
No, i didn't say science, because we have scientist that are christians, i was only talking about scientist that are atheist.

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

#76005 Feb 15, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Under science we have two beliefs of thought:
1. Atheism and
2. Christianity.
Yes or no?
No. Science deals NEITHER with Atheism or with Christianity. Science does not deal with matters of faith at all.
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text>If yes, then your statements are just mere assertions.
You have made nothing BUT assertions since joining these threads.

Level 6

#76006 Feb 15, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
In other words, you want to get the facts and then assume that it did it itself instead of how it was done.
But thanks for the explanation, that was informative. ;-)
Nope, the facts are only fact from 10^-34th of a second after the event (Big Bang), what happened before that point is UNKNOWN by anyone and everyone including scientist and goddidit bots. The laws that govern this universe did not exist prior to that time however at least that unknown is being worked on by scientist whereas goddidit bots say,we dont know so goddidit

There are at least 27 different valid theories of how it was done, plus one if you include god did it with magic using nothing to make something and standing nowhere while he did it but that plus one is not recognised as valid.

To paraphrase Neil Turrok, Director of Perimeter Institute for Theoretical Physics.We dont know how it was done but one thing is certain, no god did it

Level 2

Location hidden

#76007 Feb 15, 2013
Kong_ wrote:
<quoted text>
No. Science deals NEITHER with Atheism or with Christianity. Science does not deal with matters of faith at all.
<quoted text>
You have made nothing BUT assertions since joining these threads.
Likewise!
Buffoon.

Level 6

#76008 Feb 15, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Your concept of fails to take into account the relativity of size. Humans compared to the macro and microscopic world are humongous.
Calling people nothing is also a strictly relative concept...you can state "people in size, are nothing compared to to the size of the Universe."
Or people in size are humongous, compared to the size the microscopic Universe.
Size is a matter of perspective...it is not absolute, as you imply.
Please re-read my post, there is no implication of absolute and in fact the whole post is based on relative size and comparisons

Quote - On the universal scale humans are smaller than atoms compared to earth. endquote

You are using the same arguments as me only on the micro scale. Relatively speaking humans are far smaller on the universal scale than the smallest microscopic life is compared to humans.

Absolute or relative makes no difference to the fact that the universe is bigger than humans. It may upset your spiritual belief but that is of no consequence to fact

P.S. The microscopic universe is still this universe we live in, every thing known to experience is in this universe.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#76009 Feb 15, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> No, i didn't say science, because we have scientist that are christians, i was only talking about scientist that are atheist.
Okay, where are atheist scientists trying to disprove your deity?
anonymous

Franklin, PA

#76010 Feb 15, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> I notice shit when i see one( it).
.....and then you immediately throw it at the spectators outside your cage, right?

Charles, you've lost any form of moral high ground by letting your debate get reduced to trash talk. You've demonstrated your own lack of faith, and you've shown that your faith is driven by your social incompetence. You really need to step back and read your holy book again and find out what you're missing.
anonymous

Franklin, PA

#76011 Feb 15, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> We are not talking about God, but faith, look before you leap.
Isn't looking before you leap a contradiction of faith?
anonymous

Franklin, PA

#76012 Feb 15, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Likewise!
Buffoon.
OK. Since you've lost all rational form, might I suggest that you stop barking out commands for awareness since you don't have anything to say except that you have faith in two thousand year old myths.

Those myths have no bearing on the modern world as illuminated by science and you seem to buy into them for the magic, not the wisdom.

Consider your debate over. You've failed utterly to make any meaningful point and you've long since lost the battle for pathos.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#76013 Feb 15, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
Well, that's the problem. Since the center of a black hole is both tiny and heavy, you can't avoid using both theories at the same time. And when we try to put the two theories together in the realm of black holes, they conflict. It breaks down. They give nonsensical predictions.
Actually you're wrong. QM makes valid successful predictions. Gravity makes valid successful predictions. They only come into conflict when dealing with things such as singularities. Which is why cosmologists are currently working on a theory of quantum gravity, but they don't have it yet.

But if science worked like you claimed then we should have thrown out Newton's theory of gravity as soon as he came up with it. Since even back then they knew (the scientists at least) that it still couldn't accurately predict the motion of Mercury. That didn't happen until Einstein. And QM is already proving him wrong.

But if gravity was not capable of making valid scientific precictions then we wouldn't have just landed a probe on Mars last year.
Langoliers wrote:
And the universe is not nonsensical; it's got to make sense.
No it doesn't. It's got creationists in it for one thing.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#76014 Feb 15, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes it is. Your denying it is not proof against it.
Yes, the Bible is true because the Bible sez so! Even the bit about talking lizards and donkeys. Because the entire Bible is the "literal" Word of God.

Just ignore the bit where it says the Earth is a flat square circle at the center of a geocentric universe.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
For Dear FlowerChild (Dec '07) 3 min Flower-Child 24,135
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 5 min Sublime1 25,756
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 5 min Tom2Tone 152,554
3 Word Advice (Good or Bad) 6 min andet1987 265
Word association (Jun '07) 7 min DILF 2,622
What's your tip for the day? 7 min Go Blue Forever 1,826
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 8 min DILF 7,631
Let's Play Song Titles With One Word? 22 min Princess Hey 353
More from around the web