Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.
Comments
71,501 - 71,520 of 112,831 Comments Last updated 59 min ago

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong, faith is believing in something without reason. For an atheist to believe in something he must have a reason.
Shit!
For how long?
Just admit your ignorance.

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Lagrangian L2

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes it is. Your denying it is not proof against it.
Of course my denial doesn't prove it wrong, but science is doing a pretty good job of it, you just don't know it yet.
Alien Outlaw

Kansas City, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
So if you're human you're brainwashed and therefore don't know any more about the aliens than we do.
Or if you're the brainwashing alien you just informed us that you're part of an advance force involved in subjugating our species. In which case we now know to get all minigun on your azz if we happen to see any little green men.
Don't be scared. They made humans and all life on earth. Humans think they(aliens) are God(s), angels and Demons.........The primitive human animal just out of the dark ages has a mind steeped in folk lure and tale tales. The aliens know the human animal well. The humans comprehension levels are low, unable to grasp the alien beings. In order to cope with reality humans went to what they know, story telling, a coping mechanism. That's where the "Fear of God" came from. Fear of the unknown, not wanting to know, knowing their world was shattered beyond comprehension.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> You are a sham!
What about the equator, the functions of the datelines, whereby a day is either gained or lost, is that not reality in your eyes, Kitten?
You are indeed clueless.
Study your Geography lessons!
Um, do you actually think that the equator is an actual line drawn on the planet? It is you who is clueless, they are all arbitrary, get it, that means we invented the concepts and notions, they don't exist except on paper, they aren't real, they are a measurement. They aren't even lines.

The equator is 90 degrees from the poles, that's it.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Now answer the question, how did the universe came into form?
Still waiting for your answer.

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course my denial doesn't prove it wrong, but science is doing a pretty good job of it, you just don't know it yet.
Bill, science is man made and we all know that, man made things are not all that reliable.
There are limitations for science.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Good i like that word, hope you know that you are applying what we christians call faith?
Like i said, atheism is a form of faith.
No, that was an honest answer, something you christians have no word for because, and you prove this all the time, honesty is a foreign concept.

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Um, do you actually think that the equator is an actual line drawn on the planet? It is you who is clueless, they are all arbitrary, get it, that means we invented the concepts and notions, they don't exist except on paper, they aren't real, they are a measurement. They aren't even lines.
The equator is 90 degrees from the poles, that's it.
Ok, but not so fast, what about the international dateline, where a day is either gained or lost, east or west?
What about that?
Is that not spiritual reality in your very own eyes?
Think!

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Bill, science is man made and we all know that, man made things are not all that reliable.
There are limitations for science.
Yet you trust a man made book called the bible for absolute guidance. When has a prayer landed us on the moon? Science did it, and so reliably that we launch things into orbit all the time. Science is reliable enough to bring the internet to you. Science is reliable enough to give you food that doesn't kill you, and clean water, and electricity for light, and medicine that extends your life past 20 or 30 years.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Ok, but not so fast, what about the international dateline, where a day is either gained or lost, east or west?
What about that?
Is that not spiritual reality in your very own eyes?
Think!
Um, it's actually just a fact, a result of the planet being a spheriod, it's still pretty arbitrary too, we could have had that same line go down through Seattle, or through China, it would still be exactly the same. Europe was chosen for it's location because they were some of the most proliferate explorers, and a bit arrogant.

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Lagrangian L2

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Bill, science is man made and we all know that, man made things are not all that reliable.
Like the Bible....you are being conned.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Kudos for the foul rantings.
If you have the evidence show it!
Big bang is a trash.
Chuckles, I don't cast pearls before swine. You first need to show that you understand the concept of evidence.

““You must not lose faith ”

Level 5

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>Oh, you actually understood him? I just know how to say interesting in japanese...
I was just reading bodylanguage...for all i know he could have said the most flirting things!:P
I ones sat in a train with a Japanese team (no idea what sport). One of the guys was making dissing remarks about passing girls and rude at that. I did not understand a word, but I gave him a real foul look and he coloured bright red and shut up.
I guess some behaviour is just universal.

Had to look it up and despaired for a moment since the words are apparently not written together.
Superwilly

Butler, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>and even that would be magical, and spread around the world in a minute.
So the healing people with prayer is about what it can do for you? i thought it was what it can do for the suffering? hmmmm....
epic fail....
Christianity is not about healing people with prayer, it is about following jesus. Totally different thing.

Level 5

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Um, it's actually just a fact, a result of the planet being a spheriod, it's still pretty arbitrary too, we could have had that same line go down through Seattle, or through China, it would still be exactly the same. Europe was chosen for it's location because they were some of the most proliferate explorers, and a bit arrogant.
Well maybe they were entitled, it sure toke some doing and inventing.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_longi...

Level 5

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you even take the time to look up what I said?
No he did not, but i can rarely tell the difference since most of his replies are not relevant to anything asked or stated before.

Level 5

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Alien Outlaw wrote:
<quoted text>Don't be scared. They made humans and all life on earth. Humans think they(aliens) are God(s), angels and Demons.........The primitive human animal just out of the dark ages has a mind steeped in folk lure and tale tales. The aliens know the human animal well. The humans comprehension levels are low, unable to grasp the alien beings. In order to cope with reality humans went to what they know, story telling, a coping mechanism. That's where the "Fear of God" came from. Fear of the unknown, not wanting to know, knowing their world was shattered beyond comprehension.
So how were the aliens made?
As far as the question concernec you are just shifting the proplem on someone elses turf.
And then it does not matter what attributes you give it.

But have you read up by now some proper translations of old Akkadian? Guess not.

Level 5

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
Like the Bible....you are being conned.
I iked your quote. At least they are now reconstructing the real Nietzsche and not what his sister made of his material.

To act as a physician, the priest must make one sick! In other words, before
Christianity can present itself as the answer, it first has to generate the problem, or poison the wound. Before people can be sold salvation they need to be persuaded that they require saving, that their existence is miserable. Friedrich Nietzsche

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Now tell me how did the universe came into form, if your answer is still i don't know, you like every other person, can not disprove the existence, because you guys do not know.
Don't deny what you don't know, just an advice.
I don't know.

Nor do you.

How does that demonstrate your deity?

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> You can say whatever you want to say, but the fact remains, God's existence can never be disproved by any one, even science can not do that.
Where is "science" trying to disprove your deity?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

153 Users are viewing the Weird Forum right now

Search the Weird Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 7 min mary 141,292
Last 3 Letters into 3 new words. (Dec '08) 8 min Simply_Red 53,950
OFFbeat TOPIX! (Jul '13) 10 min honeymylove 45
The long list of thing I'll never do (Jul '13) 15 min Husker D 239
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 18 min COOTERDOG 14,963
POST ANYTHIN HERe. ! (Aug '12) 23 min honeymylove 11
keep a word drop a word (Sep '12) 24 min mary 6,218
30,000 post wins (May '13) 43 min NotaGoth 738
Interesting Quotes (Jun '11) 2 hr dirty white boy- 13,024