Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.
Comments
71,461 - 71,480 of 114,570 Comments Last updated 26 min ago

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Thomas Robertson wrote:
Langoliers, who appointed you as editor and proofreader on this thread?
You missed the election?

Where you've been?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>E=MC^2 is NOT a failed theory, nor a law, it’s an equation that has NEVER been disproven. Even the recent jubilation at CERN in which it was thought the equation did not account for neutrino loopholes was proven to be a technical error.

It was never designed to encompass the infinities of singularities, it is an equation for the atomic domain, the domain the atomic universe exists in.

There are similar equations for the quantum domain and until recently the two could never meet because of the infinities of those singularities

The mathematics of Dr Param Singh handles the infinities of both the atomic and quantum realms and ties them together in a way that allows scientists to think and work path those infinities to places they were unable to comprehend 2 years ago.

Please keep up if you want to attempt to discredit evidence.

But it appears that what you want is a piece of magic that works everywhere and every when and you believe no such magic exists so come to the obvious conclusion of the bronze age the hard of thinking and shout “GODDIDIT”

Let me assure you, science is working on such a unified theory and if/when there is a breakthrough the whole world will hear.
Wikipedia:
If anyone finds a case where all or part of a scientific theory is false, then that theory is either changed or thrown out.

A scientific theory in one branch of science must hold true in all of the other branches of science.

From Nova:

"For decades, every attempt to describe the force of gravity in the same language as the other forces—the language of quantum mechanics—has met with disaster

S. JAMES GATES, JR.: You try to put those two pieces of mathematics together, they do not coexist peacefully.

S. JAMES GATES, JR.: The laws of nature are supposed to apply everywhere. So if Einstein's laws are supposed to apply everywhere, and the laws of quantum mechanics are supposed to apply everywhere, well you can't have two separate everywheres.

Brian Green: In the years since, physics split into two separate camps: one that uses general relativity to study big and heavy objects, things like stars, galaxies and the universe as a whole.
..and another that uses quantum mechanics to study the tiniest of objects, like atoms and particles. This has been kind of like having two families that just cannot get along and never talk to each other...
There just seemed to be no way to combine quantum mechanics...
...and general relativity in a single theory that could describe the universe on all scales.

So here's the question: if you're trying to figure out what happens in the depths of a black hole, where an entire star is crushed to a tiny speck, do you use general relativity because the star is incredibly heavy or quantum mechanics because it's incredibly tiny?

Well, that's the problem. Since the center of a black hole is both tiny and heavy, you can't avoid using both theories at the same time. And when we try to put the two theories together in the realm of black holes, they conflict. It breaks down. They give nonsensical predictions. And the universe is not nonsensical; it's got to make sense.

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Thomas Robertson wrote:
I wonder whether Charles Idemi thinks the majority in each population is right, or only the majority worldwide.
Let us assume for the moment that the majority in each population is right:
The least Creationist nation in the world seems to be Iceland, with over 90% of its people accepting Evolutionary theory.
The most Creationist nation seems to be Turkey, with a figure of only 25%.
That means that man developed from an apelike ancestor in Iceland but God created Adam and Eve in Turkey.
On the other hand, let us assume that the majority worldwide is right:
At one time, it was commonly believed that the earth was flat.
Now it is commonly believed that the earth is round.
That means that somewhere along the line, the earth changed shape.
That must have created quite a jolt.
But don't get up out of your seats yet. I'm not finished.
Even after the majority was convinced that the earth was round, they continued to believe that the earth stood still and the sun revolved around the earth.
Eventually, however, they became convinced that the earth revolved around the sun.
That means that somewhere along the line, the earth and the sun changed policy.
That must have created another jolt.
Foul!
For round earth, read the book of Isa. 40 vs 22.
For the other, read the book of Job.

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you even take the time to look up what I said?
I notice shit when i see one( it).

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

G'dansk

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Evidence?
Now tell me how did the universe came without a maker?
We don't know yet Charles. Its only been a hundred years or so that we have begun to tackle such problems. The universe has been around for billions of years.

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
No, but we have some ideas. And we're at least at work on a quantum theory of gravity which may mean that we may get to know at some point.
<quoted text>
Why on Earth would we try to disprove existence? That's daft. The universe exists. It's not us who are trying to disprove it.
<quoted text>
Physician heal thyself.
Until you provide the needed evidence on how the earth came into form, you are just waisting your time.
Next?

Level 9

G'dansk

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
You never heard of the Bible?
The Bible is not evidence. It is obviously conceived and written by humans. It is full of problems.

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, we know. Thank you. In fact I've been pointing it out to fundies on here for YEARS.
Including you.
Somehow you STILL missed it.
I've been agreeing with you and you still missed it.
Science cannot disprove (a) God. Therefore the concept is non-scientific and irrelevant to science. We can now dismiss it the same way we dismiss Cosmic Sheep.
Because you never know - the Cosmic Sheep MIGHT just be responsible for the universe.
What ever!
The facts is that, no statement, whether good or bad can change the reality of God.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>The Bible is not evidence. It is obviously conceived and written by humans. It is full of problems.
Yes it is. Your denying it is not proof against it.

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Spocko wrote:
<quoted text>
In your world that is ...
Now answer the question, how did the universe came into form?

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Evidence?
Now tell me how did the universe came without a maker?
Fine as soon as you tell us who made the maker.

It is not logical to assume that there had to be a god without positive evidence.

So as soon as you show us positive evidence for your god we will tell you how the universe came into being without a maker.

By the way, it is up to the person making a positive claim to provide evidence for their claim. You need evidence for your god. We will provide evidence for evolution. For the Big Bang. For the formation of the Solar System etc..

Level 9

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
It is not just denial. We have evidence that supports our claims.

You and your side do not have evidence that back yours.

We probably know the Bible better than you do. For example, we probably know the Ten Commandments better than you do.

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
We don't know yet Charles. Its only been a hundred years or so that we have begun to tackle such problems. The universe has been around for billions of years.
Good i like that word, hope you know that you are applying what we christians call faith?
Like i said, atheism is a form of faith.

Level 9

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Good i like that word, hope you know that you are applying what we christians call faith?
Like i said, atheism is a form of faith.
Wrong, faith is believing in something without reason. For an atheist to believe in something he must have a reason.

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Fine as soon as you tell us who made the maker.
It is not logical to assume that there had to be a god without positive evidence.
So as soon as you show us positive evidence for your god we will tell you how the universe came into being without a maker.
By the way, it is up to the person making a positive claim to provide evidence for their claim. You need evidence for your god. We will provide evidence for evolution. For the Big Bang. For the formation of the Solar System etc..
Kudos for the foul rantings.
If you have the evidence show it!
Big bang is a trash.

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong, faith is believing in something without reason. For an atheist to believe in something he must have a reason.
Shit!
For how long?
Just admit your ignorance.

Level 9

G'dansk

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course my denial doesn't prove it wrong, but science is doing a pretty good job of it, you just don't know it yet.
Alien Outlaw

Kansas City, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
So if you're human you're brainwashed and therefore don't know any more about the aliens than we do.
Or if you're the brainwashing alien you just informed us that you're part of an advance force involved in subjugating our species. In which case we now know to get all minigun on your azz if we happen to see any little green men.
Don't be scared. They made humans and all life on earth. Humans think they(aliens) are God(s), angels and Demons.........The primitive human animal just out of the dark ages has a mind steeped in folk lure and tale tales. The aliens know the human animal well. The humans comprehension levels are low, unable to grasp the alien beings. In order to cope with reality humans went to what they know, story telling, a coping mechanism. That's where the "Fear of God" came from. Fear of the unknown, not wanting to know, knowing their world was shattered beyond comprehension.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> You are a sham!
What about the equator, the functions of the datelines, whereby a day is either gained or lost, is that not reality in your eyes, Kitten?
You are indeed clueless.
Study your Geography lessons!
Um, do you actually think that the equator is an actual line drawn on the planet? It is you who is clueless, they are all arbitrary, get it, that means we invented the concepts and notions, they don't exist except on paper, they aren't real, they are a measurement. They aren't even lines.

The equator is 90 degrees from the poles, that's it.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Now answer the question, how did the universe came into form?
Still waiting for your answer.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••