Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Comments (Page 3,574)

Showing posts 71,461 - 71,480 of111,595
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Alien outlaw

Kansas City, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
Life is evidence of a creator, as is the incredible world and universe. Now if you can show that life can create itself , I'll reconsider,
Who created the creator(God(s))...where the evidence?A book and 2000 years to craft artifacts and lies to keep a business operating is NOT evidence. Its brainwashing at the most primitive........its working quite well....on the gullible and weakminded.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
I have all the parts for a chocolate cake in the kitchen, how long will it take for it to self assemble?
How many times have we pointed out that this analogy is an epic fail?

Are chocolate cakes an example of self-replicating organisms?

Your faulty logic is based on the predication that an intelligent agent "must" be somehow responsible for everything.
bohart wrote:
<quoted text>Thats not an answer, just a God attack, which is the basis of all for you, you simply try to cloak your hatred for God with some type of scientific jargon, and when that fails here comes the flood, invisible friend, skydaddy, flying spaghetti monster, etc, etc.
This is nothing more than you whining about the fact that you have zero evidence. You ARE arguing for an invisible entity that has zero scientific evidence. The FSM DOES in fact demonstrate a rather good point that ANY other potential invisible entities are ALL also just EQUALLY likely. FSM. Invisible Pink Unicorn. Aliens. Cosmic Sheep.

Not one of these is less likely or less stupid than an invisible Jewish wizard.
bohart wrote:
<quoted text>Life is evidence of a creator, as is the incredible world and universe.
Actually that is, as usual, completely and totally and utterly incorrect. Life is evidence only of life. The universe is evidence only of the universe.

Remember, this is why the theory of gravity doesn't explain the origin of mass. But since we HAVE mass then the theory works, and does not have to address its origin.
bohart wrote:
Now if you can show that life can create itself , I'll reconsider,
Plants.

See? That was easy wasn't it?

But since we both know you're referring to abio then we're quite happy to admit that no-one knows for sure the specifics of how it happened yet. But it STILL has no bearing on the validity of the theory of evolution.

Unless you deny the theory of gravity. So go ahead and do so.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
Deranged God?, thanks for proving my point, Ha,Ha,Ha.
You have none. You never have.
Alien outlaw

Kansas City, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

Spocko wrote:
<quoted text>
There is an enormous Body of Evidence as well as Evidence of common descent of living things discovered by scientists working in a variety of fields over the past 150 years, the most recent being the Human Genome Project (HGP) completed in 2003. This evidence has “demonstrated and verified” the occurrence of evolution and provided a wealth of information on the natural processes by which the variety and diversity of life on Earth developed. This evidence supports the modern evolutionary synthesis, the current scientific theory that explains how life developed and why life changes over time.
Goose Bumps
Jacobson’s Organ
Junk DNA
Extra Ear Muscles
Plantaris Muscle
Wisdom Teeth
Third Eyelid
Darwin’s Point
Coccyx
Appendix
Laryngeal nerve
Evidence of common descent:
Evolution is a process that has always gone on in the history of the earth can be doubted only by those who are ignorant of the evidence or are resistant to evidence, owing to emotional blocks or to plain bigotry. By contrast, the mechanisms that bring evolution about certainly need study and clarification. There are no alternatives to evolution as history that can withstand critical examination. Yet we are constantly learning new and important facts about evolutionary mechanisms. How can one ignore the enormous Body of Evidence that has not only withstood the onslaught of time but is getting more robust every day!
Surely you know the difference between ‘evidence’ and ‘proof’, the extensive evidence in support of both fact and theory of evolution comes primarily from studies of the fossil record, molecular sequences, and comparative anatomy. I can't really say there is one "best" piece of evidence for evolution. There are many, many different lines of evidence, and each of them fits together to make an entire picture. But if you had to hold me down with a hot poker, I'd say that the most powerful evidence is the homology of form and DNA shown not only in adult organisms, but in their developing embryos, which pass through more similar stages the more closely related they are. You can read more about this here:
http://evolution.berkeley.edu/evosite/evo101/...
http://evolution.berkeley.edu
Your first sentence should be, "There is an enormous Body of Brainwashing.........." The human animal is clueless!
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

Spocko wrote:
<quoted text>
There is an enormous Body of Evidence as well as Evidence of common descent of living things discovered by scientists working in a variety of fields over the past 150 years, the most recent being the Human Genome Project (HGP) completed in 2003. This evidence has “demonstrated and verified” the occurrence of evolution and provided a wealth of information on the natural processes by which the variety and diversity of life on Earth developed. This evidence supports the modern evolutionary synthesis, the current scientific theory that explains how life developed and why life changes over time.
Goose Bumps
Jacobson’s Organ
Junk DNA
Extra Ear Muscles
Plantaris Muscle
Wisdom Teeth
Third Eyelid
Darwin’s Point
Coccyx
Appendix
Laryngeal nerve
Evidence of common descent:
Evolution is a process that has always gone on in the history of the earth can be doubted only by those who are ignorant of the evidence or are resistant to evidence, owing to emotional blocks or to plain bigotry. By contrast, the mechanisms that bring evolution about certainly need study and clarification. There are no alternatives to evolution as history that can withstand critical examination. Yet we are constantly learning new and important facts about evolutionary mechanisms. How can one ignore the enormous Body of Evidence that has not only withstood the onslaught of time but is getting more robust every day!
Surely you know the difference between ‘evidence’ and ‘proof’, the extensive evidence in support of both fact and theory of evolution comes primarily from studies of the fossil record, molecular sequences, and comparative anatomy. I can't really say there is one "best" piece of evidence for evolution. There are many, many different lines of evidence, and each of them fits together to make an entire picture. But if you had to hold me down with a hot poker, I'd say that the most powerful evidence is the homology of form and DNA shown not only in adult organisms, but in their developing embryos, which pass through more similar stages the more closely related they are. You can read more about this here:
http://evolution.berkeley.edu/evosite/evo101/...
http://evolution.berkeley.edu
Of course none of this matters to the ignorant. Evolution is not the problem. He doesn't like it but he can't address it. Therefore has no choice but to move the goalposts back to abiogenesis.

Science has no problem admitting that it hasn't got abio all figured out yet. It's no big secret. No grand conspiracy. They complain that we haven't figured out in just a few decades what could have taken hundreds of thousands of years from an event which happened 4 billion years ago. It's an irrational demand as dumb as the creationist arguments for "show me humans evolving from bacteria!", and they want it done within their lifetimes.

They simply can't grasp that their very fleeting lifetimes aren't important.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
All the parts for the goo are common and in the universe eh ? how will they self assemble and come to life? If you attempt to give a scientific answer it must include a testable hypothesis with repeatable results, or it's just a belief.Take your time.
Since they ARE in fact using a testable hypothesis with repeatable results that's not a problem. It's just that there's COUNTLESS variables involved when attempting to recreate an ancient environment from nearly 4 billion years ago.

You can complain as much as you like about the fact they haven't been through every single miniscule variance yet, but you can't complain that they don't have a testable hypothesis with repeatable results.

So what have you got? "HAHA! YOU CAN'T DO IT YET THEREFORE GODMAGIC HA HA I WINZ! LOLZ!!!!!"

So uh, you're still in 5th grade, right?

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

Thomas Robertson wrote:
Charles Idemi, was the majority right in Galileo's time?
Divine guidance told them they were...

seems that god ain't so good at that thinkin' type stuff...
bohart

Morristown, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Happens all the time. Go check any maternity ward. Life created purely from natural chemical processes.
<quoted text>
Actually I did not. There was NOTHING in there that was a lie. I leave the lying to ignorant creationists.
That IS why you avoided addressing the actual content of my posts.
As usual.
Keep ignoring that 9th Commandment. Remember, God is watching you...
Comparing live births to abiogenesis? ha ,ha, ha , stop ,stop your killing me. Liar, liar , liar, so says Three dog night
bohart

Morristown, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Since they ARE in fact using a testable hypothesis with repeatable results that's not a problem. It's just that there's COUNTLESS variables involved when attempting to recreate an ancient environment from nearly 4 billion years ago.
You can complain as much as you like about the fact they haven't been through every single miniscule variance yet, but you can't complain that they don't have a testable hypothesis with repeatable results.
So what have you got? "HAHA! YOU CAN'T DO IT YET THEREFORE GODMAGIC HA HA I WINZ! LOLZ!!!!!"
So uh, you're still in 5th grade, right?
Stop it!, stop it, ha,ha,ha, countless varibles !, miniscule variance , 4 billion years !and when you can't answer whip out the Godmagic line. Whoa.!
Spocko

Oakland, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Alien outlaw wrote:
<quoted text>Your first sentence should be, "There is an enormous Body of Brainwashing.........." The human animal is clueless!
Not hardly ...
bohart

Morristown, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course none of this matters to the ignorant. Evolution is not the problem. He doesn't like it but he can't address it. Therefore has no choice but to move the goalposts back to abiogenesis.
Science has no problem admitting that it hasn't got abio all figured out yet. It's no big secret. No grand conspiracy. They complain that we haven't figured out in just a few decades what could have taken hundreds of thousands of years from an event which happened 4 billion years ago. It's an irrational demand as dumb as the creationist arguments for "show me humans evolving from bacteria!", and they want it done within their lifetimes.
They simply can't grasp that their very fleeting lifetimes aren't important.
Here we have the puddle gooist in all his glory, to want to know how life sprang into existence is an irrational demand? Dud it may get cold tonight ,wrap up in that quilt of self imposed ignorance decorated with denial .Wouldn't want to defile your religion would we?
Alien outlaw

Kansas City, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Spock wrote:
<quoted text>
Not hardly ...
So, humans have convinced themselves and anyone that will listen or read a text book that they have it all figured out.....this human existence thing. The dinosaur demise, the Big Bang..........wow, intelligence at its finest.We can stop thinking, analyzing, calculating and exploring deep space. If human history is any indication of the humanoid future.....all species become extinct.
bohart

Morristown, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

..........Onward Puddle Gooists

Onward puddle goooists marching as to war !
with the word of Darrwin going on before!
Dawkins the royal master,
leads against the foe!
Forward into battle, see his book sales goooo!
onward puddle gooists marching as to war,
with the word of Darwin ,going on before!

Now everyone bow their head in awesome reverence to the power of the goo, all life came from the goo, and no life that exists came not from the goo.
Blessed be the goo and the randomness from which the goo sprang into life to evolve all human beings into a life of total freedom from morality, or immorality or any standard from which humans must adhere except the ones which are ordained by the shifting sands of time which aided the goo in our creation.Let us hail our trinity.

Nothing ,which our universe sprang from
The goo,
and the purposelessness of life.'

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

L.A.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

“To act as a physician, the priest must make one sick! In other words, before
Christianity can present itself as the answer, it first has to generate the problem, or “poison the wound”. Before people can be sold salvation they need to be persuaded that they require saving, that their existence is miserable.“ Friedrich Nietzsche

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

Alien outlaw wrote:
<quoted text>So, humans have convinced themselves and anyone that will listen or read a text book that they have it all figured out.....this human existence thing. The dinosaur demise, the Big Bang..........wow, intelligence at its finest.We can stop thinking, analyzing, calculating and exploring deep space. If human history is any indication of the humanoid future.....all species become extinct.
We haven't started exploring deep space....

happy valentine's day..if you have no valentine now..know that in some other dimension, an alien loves you...

Level 9

L.A.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
Now if you can show that life can create itself , I'll reconsider,
We're working on it dude....give us some time.

After all we only began the work about 60+- years ago.

Nature took millions of years.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
Thats not an answer, just a God attack, which is the basis of all for you, you simply try to cloak your hatred for God with some type of scientific jargon, and when that fails here comes the flood, invisible friend, skydaddy, flying spaghetti monster, etc, etc.
See, you're doing that all ass-over-apex.

You are trying to cloak rational, logical and scientific points in hatred.

I suppose that makes it easier for you to grasp, since the science and logic are apparently beyond you.

One of the bits you're missing is that all deities, like all mythical creatures, are the same.

The FSM is on exactly the same plane as your deity - and Thor, and Marduk, and all the others.

Level 5

Since: Apr 12

Taizhou, China

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

I wonder whether Charles Idemi thinks the majority in each population is right, or only the majority worldwide.

Let us assume for the moment that the majority in each population is right:

The least Creationist nation in the world seems to be Iceland, with over 90% of its people accepting Evolutionary theory.
The most Creationist nation seems to be Turkey, with a figure of only 25%.
That means that man developed from an apelike ancestor in Iceland but God created Adam and Eve in Turkey.

On the other hand, let us assume that the majority worldwide is right:

At one time, it was commonly believed that the earth was flat.
Now it is commonly believed that the earth is round.
That means that somewhere along the line, the earth changed shape.
That must have created quite a jolt.

But don't get up out of your seats yet. I'm not finished.
Even after the majority was convinced that the earth was round, they continued to believe that the earth stood still and the sun revolved around the earth.
Eventually, however, they became convinced that the earth revolved around the sun.
That means that somewhere along the line, the earth and the sun changed policy.
That must have created another jolt.
Alien outlaw

Kansas City, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

woodtick 57 wrote:
<quoted text>We haven't started exploring deep space....
happy valentine's day..if you have no valentine now..know that in some other dimension, an alien loves you...
Exactly woody, humans have not started....kind of ironic. What will humans discover? Gods heavenly gates and every single human that has ever passed to the after life? So, woody how long did it take humans to evolve language, than writing, than the Bible? And, discover that bones are indeed the gateway to human existence.....silly stuff woody. Once humans explore deep space, clues will discount all theories and man made concepts

Level 9

L.A.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
Deranged God?, thanks for proving my point, Ha,Ha,Ha.
If one believes that the Christian God is real then you are believing in a crazy and mentally deficient God. All one has to do is read the Old Testament to see how bad 'He' is/was.

Genocidal and egotistical loon.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 71,461 - 71,480 of111,595
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

188 Users are viewing the Weird Forum right now

Search the Weird Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
OFFBEAT.keepAword.DropAword.2011edition (Oct '11) 4 min CJ Rocker 17,186
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 8 min CJ Rocker 14,105
Make a Story / 4 Words Only (Nov '08) 10 min Mechanic 23,677
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 15 min CJ Rocker 140,298
Interesting Quotes (Jun '11) 22 min Phaerae 12,923
What is the meaning of life? 22 min Spirit67_ 4
Last 3 Letters into 3 new words. (Dec '08) 30 min curiouslu 53,687
How to become Unbannable 46 min Denny CranesPlace 57
Bizarre Angelina Jolie video emerges online 1 hr Phyllis Schlafly s Stain 2