Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.
Comments
71,461 - 71,480 of 113,141 Comments Last updated 3 min ago

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
Thats not an answer, just a God attack, which is the basis of all for you, you simply try to cloak your hatred for God with some type of scientific jargon, and when that fails here comes the flood, invisible friend, skydaddy, flying spaghetti monster, etc, etc.
See, you're doing that all ass-over-apex.

You are trying to cloak rational, logical and scientific points in hatred.

I suppose that makes it easier for you to grasp, since the science and logic are apparently beyond you.

One of the bits you're missing is that all deities, like all mythical creatures, are the same.

The FSM is on exactly the same plane as your deity - and Thor, and Marduk, and all the others.

Level 5

Since: Apr 12

Taizhou, China

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

I wonder whether Charles Idemi thinks the majority in each population is right, or only the majority worldwide.

Let us assume for the moment that the majority in each population is right:

The least Creationist nation in the world seems to be Iceland, with over 90% of its people accepting Evolutionary theory.
The most Creationist nation seems to be Turkey, with a figure of only 25%.
That means that man developed from an apelike ancestor in Iceland but God created Adam and Eve in Turkey.

On the other hand, let us assume that the majority worldwide is right:

At one time, it was commonly believed that the earth was flat.
Now it is commonly believed that the earth is round.
That means that somewhere along the line, the earth changed shape.
That must have created quite a jolt.

But don't get up out of your seats yet. I'm not finished.
Even after the majority was convinced that the earth was round, they continued to believe that the earth stood still and the sun revolved around the earth.
Eventually, however, they became convinced that the earth revolved around the sun.
That means that somewhere along the line, the earth and the sun changed policy.
That must have created another jolt.
Alien outlaw

Kansas City, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

woodtick 57 wrote:
<quoted text>We haven't started exploring deep space....
happy valentine's day..if you have no valentine now..know that in some other dimension, an alien loves you...
Exactly woody, humans have not started....kind of ironic. What will humans discover? Gods heavenly gates and every single human that has ever passed to the after life? So, woody how long did it take humans to evolve language, than writing, than the Bible? And, discover that bones are indeed the gateway to human existence.....silly stuff woody. Once humans explore deep space, clues will discount all theories and man made concepts

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Gobekli Tepe

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
Deranged God?, thanks for proving my point, Ha,Ha,Ha.
If one believes that the Christian God is real then you are believing in a crazy and mentally deficient God. All one has to do is read the Old Testament to see how bad 'He' is/was.

Genocidal and egotistical loon.
anonymous

Franklin, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Ugly!
Take a look at the mirror.
Did you even take the time to look up what I said?
Spocko

Oakland, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Alien outlaw wrote:
<quoted text>So, humans have convinced themselves and anyone that will listen or read a text book that they have it all figured out.....this human existence thing. The dinosaur demise, the Big Bang..........wow, intelligence at its finest.We can stop thinking, analyzing, calculating and exploring deep space. If human history is any indication of the humanoid future.....all species become extinct.
More power to you old chump, it's a free country ignorance and stupidity is perfectly legal ...

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
Here we have the puddle gooist in all his glory, to want to know how life sprang into existence is an irrational demand? Dud it may get cold tonight ,wrap up in that quilt of self imposed ignorance decorated with denial .Wouldn't want to defile your religion would we?
Poor bohart, ever the ignorant boob.

So what is your strategy bo? Do you think that if you can debunk the idea of abiogenesis you can debunk evolution? They are two separate parts of the story. Evolution does not give a fig how life got here. It could have been by natural means (what is normally called abiogenesis), your God could have snapped his fingers and made the first cell, or it could even have been E.T. who stopped here to phone home. Once life started that is when evolution as we know began.

Scientists will openly admit when they don't have all of the answers, as they do with abiogenesis. You don't expect them to stop looking for the answers, do you? On the subject of evolution they have enough answers so that they are very sure. You can't bother us with you nonsense. Go ahead, we will just, very gladly, point out that you are an idiot. And probably a liar too.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

Alien outlaw wrote:
<quoted text>Your first sentence should be, "There is an enormous Body of Brainwashing.........." The human animal is clueless!
So if you're human you're brainwashed and therefore don't know any more about the aliens than we do.

Or if you're the brainwashing alien you just informed us that you're part of an advance force involved in subjugating our species. In which case we now know to get all minigun on your azz if we happen to see any little green men.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
Comparing live births to abiogenesis? ha ,ha, ha , stop ,stop your killing me. Liar, liar , liar, so says Three dog night
Problem? You said life required intelligent mechanisms to form. I demonstrated otherwise. So far you've not provided your alternative intelligent mechanisms or evidence of them.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
Stop it!, stop it, ha,ha,ha, countless varibles !, miniscule variance , 4 billion years !and when you can't answer whip out the Godmagic line. Whoa.!
I can't answer, you can't answer. Only one of us though is searching for answers.

It ain't you.

And it still has no bearing on the validity of evolution.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
Here we have the puddle gooist in all his glory, to want to know how life sprang into existence is an irrational demand? Dud it may get cold tonight ,wrap up in that quilt of self imposed ignorance decorated with denial .Wouldn't want to defile your religion would we?
Notice that your baseless insults are not actually capable of dealing with the content of my posts.

I can demonstrate your ignorance and dishonesty. You can't demonstrate mine.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

bohart wrote:
..........Onward Puddle Gooists
Dishonest straw-man.
bohart wrote:
Onward puddle goooists marching as to war !
with the word of Darrwin going on before!
The theory of evolution does not rely on abiogenesis.
bohart wrote:
Dawkins the royal master,
leads against the foe!
Atheism is irrelevant to evolution.
bohart wrote:
Forward into battle, see his book sales goooo!
onward puddle gooists marching as to war,
with the word of Darwin ,going on before!
Now everyone bow their head in awesome reverence to the power of the goo, all life came from the goo, and no life that exists came not from the goo.
Blessed be the goo and the randomness from which the goo sprang into life to evolve all human beings into a life of total freedom from morality, or immorality or any standard from which humans must adhere
Morality is a subjective concept and has no bearing on the validity of science. However as a dishonest theist it is impossible for you to be capable of genuine altruism.
bohart wrote:
except the ones which are ordained by the shifting sands of time which aided the goo in our creation.Let us hail our trinity.
Nothing ,which our universe sprang from
The goo,
and the purposelessness of life.'
Life's "purpose" or alleged lack of same is a philosophical concept and hence not relevant to the validity of science. Science doesn't care what philosophy has to say. Though as we can see you are bereft of either scientific knowledge or philosophical answers. Only faulty criticisms of reality based purely in pseudo-scientific theology.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Poor bohart, ever the ignorant boob.
So what is your strategy bo? Do you think that if you can debunk the idea of abiogenesis you can debunk evolution? They are two separate parts of the story. Evolution does not give a fig how life got here. It could have been by natural means (what is normally called abiogenesis), your God could have snapped his fingers and made the first cell, or it could even have been E.T. who stopped here to phone home. Once life started that is when evolution as we know began.
Scientists will openly admit when they don't have all of the answers, as they do with abiogenesis. You don't expect them to stop looking for the answers, do you? On the subject of evolution they have enough answers so that they are very sure. You can't bother us with you nonsense. Go ahead, we will just, very gladly, point out that you are an idiot. And probably a liar too.
Probably? IS a certified liar. Every time he conflates abiogenesis with Darwinian evolution and atheism all in the same breath. When pointed out the pros and cons of each concept and why these ARE separate concepts he makes lame jokes instead of rational counter-arguments.

In short, he's just another dishonest cowardly liar for Jesus.

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>So you say.
All available evidence clearly indicates otherwise.
Do you still think that your ignorance of science proves your deity?
Now tell me how did the universe came into form, if your answer is still i don't know, you like every other person, can not disprove the existence, because you guys do not know.
Don't deny what you don't know, just an advice.

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Who's trying to "disprove" the existence of your deity?
You can say whatever you want to say, but the fact remains, God's existence can never be disproved by any one, even science can not do that.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Now tell me how did the universe came into form, if your answer is still i don't know
No, but we have some ideas. And we're at least at work on a quantum theory of gravity which may mean that we may get to know at some point.
Charles Idemi wrote:
you like every other person, can not disprove the existence, because you guys do not know.
Why on Earth would we try to disprove existence? That's daft. The universe exists. It's not us who are trying to disprove it.
Charles Idemi wrote:
Don't deny what you don't know, just an advice.
Physician heal thyself.

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

TerryL wrote:
<quoted text>Umm... not according to your posts. Shit (that is, anything that agrees with your stance) is all you will accept as an answer. You are the lowest form of religionist... one that will steadfastly reject verifiable reality in order maintain your obviously frail grip on your religion.
We are in a world where democracy and fundamental human rights prevails, so you are free to throw out any shit from your damn mouth. Now tell me how did the universe came into form?
If the answer still stands on, i don't know, then you have no evidence disproving the existence, because you don't know.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> You can say whatever you want to say, but the fact remains, God's existence can never be disproved by any one, even science can not do that.
Yes, we know. Thank you. In fact I've been pointing it out to fundies on here for YEARS.

Including you.

Somehow you STILL missed it.

I've been agreeing with you and you still missed it.

Science cannot disprove (a) God. Therefore the concept is non-scientific and irrelevant to science. We can now dismiss it the same way we dismiss Cosmic Sheep.

Because you never know - the Cosmic Sheep MIGHT just be responsible for the universe.

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>so when you christians invented your religion and were the vast minority, you must have been really, really wrong, huh?
your logic skills would be embarrassing if you were a third grader. for an adult they are shameful
The mouth can do two things:
1. Kill
2. Build

So, until you tell me how did the universe came into form, i will just see you as an adult with the brain of a child.

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>i do not need to disprove something that no-one has ony proof of.
seems the total and utter lack of even the teensiest-weensiest shred of any kind of evidence at all is all th proof anyu one would need. and the proven lies your cult has told you about htis 'god". and the proven re-used myths in his story from previous proven myth cults.
anything else you need?
Proof?
Proof my foot. Just admit your ignorance, the world alone, is a big proof of God's existence, think straight, Mr. Pessimist.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

170 Users are viewing the Weird Forum right now

Search the Weird Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 3 min -Lea- 15,756
Whatever happened to... (Mar '12) 3 min PRINCESS HAYSTACKS 48
JUST SAY SOMETHING. Whatever comes to mind!! (Aug '09) 5 min Mister_ E 28,362
Obama Is Abandoning Israel 6 min beatlesinthebog 9
Life is incomplete without ..... (what?) 6 min Big dawg 371
All I ever wanted in Life... (Apr '12) 9 min Big dawg 51
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 10 min LOST IN MISSISSIPPI 35,066
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 31 min Mister_ E 141,611
Tell Us Who or What You Really Are,...? (Apr '13) 1 hr Spirit67_ 1,565