Evolution vs. Creation

There are 20 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#75909 Feb 14, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Poor bohart, ever the ignorant boob.
So what is your strategy bo? Do you think that if you can debunk the idea of abiogenesis you can debunk evolution? They are two separate parts of the story. Evolution does not give a fig how life got here. It could have been by natural means (what is normally called abiogenesis), your God could have snapped his fingers and made the first cell, or it could even have been E.T. who stopped here to phone home. Once life started that is when evolution as we know began.
Scientists will openly admit when they don't have all of the answers, as they do with abiogenesis. You don't expect them to stop looking for the answers, do you? On the subject of evolution they have enough answers so that they are very sure. You can't bother us with you nonsense. Go ahead, we will just, very gladly, point out that you are an idiot. And probably a liar too.
Probably? IS a certified liar. Every time he conflates abiogenesis with Darwinian evolution and atheism all in the same breath. When pointed out the pros and cons of each concept and why these ARE separate concepts he makes lame jokes instead of rational counter-arguments.

In short, he's just another dishonest cowardly liar for Jesus.

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#75910 Feb 14, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>So you say.
All available evidence clearly indicates otherwise.
Do you still think that your ignorance of science proves your deity?
Now tell me how did the universe came into form, if your answer is still i don't know, you like every other person, can not disprove the existence, because you guys do not know.
Don't deny what you don't know, just an advice.

Level 2

Location hidden

#75911 Feb 14, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Who's trying to "disprove" the existence of your deity?
You can say whatever you want to say, but the fact remains, God's existence can never be disproved by any one, even science can not do that.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#75912 Feb 14, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Now tell me how did the universe came into form, if your answer is still i don't know
No, but we have some ideas. And we're at least at work on a quantum theory of gravity which may mean that we may get to know at some point.
Charles Idemi wrote:
you like every other person, can not disprove the existence, because you guys do not know.
Why on Earth would we try to disprove existence? That's daft. The universe exists. It's not us who are trying to disprove it.
Charles Idemi wrote:
Don't deny what you don't know, just an advice.
Physician heal thyself.

Level 2

Location hidden

#75913 Feb 14, 2013
TerryL wrote:
<quoted text>Umm... not according to your posts. Shit (that is, anything that agrees with your stance) is all you will accept as an answer. You are the lowest form of religionist... one that will steadfastly reject verifiable reality in order maintain your obviously frail grip on your religion.
We are in a world where democracy and fundamental human rights prevails, so you are free to throw out any shit from your damn mouth. Now tell me how did the universe came into form?
If the answer still stands on, i don't know, then you have no evidence disproving the existence, because you don't know.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#75914 Feb 14, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> You can say whatever you want to say, but the fact remains, God's existence can never be disproved by any one, even science can not do that.
Yes, we know. Thank you. In fact I've been pointing it out to fundies on here for YEARS.

Including you.

Somehow you STILL missed it.

I've been agreeing with you and you still missed it.

Science cannot disprove (a) God. Therefore the concept is non-scientific and irrelevant to science. We can now dismiss it the same way we dismiss Cosmic Sheep.

Because you never know - the Cosmic Sheep MIGHT just be responsible for the universe.

Level 2

Location hidden

#75915 Feb 14, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>so when you christians invented your religion and were the vast minority, you must have been really, really wrong, huh?
your logic skills would be embarrassing if you were a third grader. for an adult they are shameful
The mouth can do two things:
1. Kill
2. Build

So, until you tell me how did the universe came into form, i will just see you as an adult with the brain of a child.

Level 2

Location hidden

#75916 Feb 14, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>i do not need to disprove something that no-one has ony proof of.
seems the total and utter lack of even the teensiest-weensiest shred of any kind of evidence at all is all th proof anyu one would need. and the proven lies your cult has told you about htis 'god". and the proven re-used myths in his story from previous proven myth cults.
anything else you need?
Proof?
Proof my foot. Just admit your ignorance, the world alone, is a big proof of God's existence, think straight, Mr. Pessimist.
Spocko

Oakland, CA

#75917 Feb 14, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Proof?
Proof my foot. Just admit your ignorance, the world alone, is a big proof of God's existence, think straight, Mr. Pessimist.
In your world that is ...

Level 2

Location hidden

#75918 Feb 14, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>you have proof of that? no you don't. another proven lie from Chip...sad...very sad. your mother must be hanging her head in shame...
Irony!!
Now tell me how did the universe came into form, sick fellow?
No is not an answer!

Level 2

Location hidden

#75919 Feb 14, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
The maker cannot exist without a maker.
Evidence?
Now tell me how did the universe came without a maker?

Level 2

Location hidden

#75920 Feb 14, 2013
Thomas Robertson wrote:
Charles Idemi, was the majority right in Galileo's time?
And also now, the statistics of atheism and christianity is an evidence to that.
Galileo was a scientist and a firm believer of God, yes or no?

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#75921 Feb 14, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>Still waiting for ANY real evidence FOR a God.

Been looking for over 50 years now....
You never heard of the Bible?

Location hidden

#75922 Feb 14, 2013
Thomas Robertson wrote:
Langoliers, who appointed you as editor and proofreader on this thread?
You missed the election?

Where you've been?

Location hidden

#75923 Feb 14, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>E=MC^2 is NOT a failed theory, nor a law, it’s an equation that has NEVER been disproven. Even the recent jubilation at CERN in which it was thought the equation did not account for neutrino loopholes was proven to be a technical error.

It was never designed to encompass the infinities of singularities, it is an equation for the atomic domain, the domain the atomic universe exists in.

There are similar equations for the quantum domain and until recently the two could never meet because of the infinities of those singularities

The mathematics of Dr Param Singh handles the infinities of both the atomic and quantum realms and ties them together in a way that allows scientists to think and work path those infinities to places they were unable to comprehend 2 years ago.

Please keep up if you want to attempt to discredit evidence.

But it appears that what you want is a piece of magic that works everywhere and every when and you believe no such magic exists so come to the obvious conclusion of the bronze age the hard of thinking and shout “GODDIDIT”

Let me assure you, science is working on such a unified theory and if/when there is a breakthrough the whole world will hear.
Wikipedia:
If anyone finds a case where all or part of a scientific theory is false, then that theory is either changed or thrown out.

A scientific theory in one branch of science must hold true in all of the other branches of science.

From Nova:

"For decades, every attempt to describe the force of gravity in the same language as the other forces—the language of quantum mechanics—has met with disaster

S. JAMES GATES, JR.: You try to put those two pieces of mathematics together, they do not coexist peacefully.

S. JAMES GATES, JR.: The laws of nature are supposed to apply everywhere. So if Einstein's laws are supposed to apply everywhere, and the laws of quantum mechanics are supposed to apply everywhere, well you can't have two separate everywheres.

Brian Green: In the years since, physics split into two separate camps: one that uses general relativity to study big and heavy objects, things like stars, galaxies and the universe as a whole.
..and another that uses quantum mechanics to study the tiniest of objects, like atoms and particles. This has been kind of like having two families that just cannot get along and never talk to each other...
There just seemed to be no way to combine quantum mechanics...
...and general relativity in a single theory that could describe the universe on all scales.

So here's the question: if you're trying to figure out what happens in the depths of a black hole, where an entire star is crushed to a tiny speck, do you use general relativity because the star is incredibly heavy or quantum mechanics because it's incredibly tiny?

Well, that's the problem. Since the center of a black hole is both tiny and heavy, you can't avoid using both theories at the same time. And when we try to put the two theories together in the realm of black holes, they conflict. It breaks down. They give nonsensical predictions. And the universe is not nonsensical; it's got to make sense.

Level 2

Location hidden

#75924 Feb 14, 2013
Thomas Robertson wrote:
I wonder whether Charles Idemi thinks the majority in each population is right, or only the majority worldwide.
Let us assume for the moment that the majority in each population is right:
The least Creationist nation in the world seems to be Iceland, with over 90% of its people accepting Evolutionary theory.
The most Creationist nation seems to be Turkey, with a figure of only 25%.
That means that man developed from an apelike ancestor in Iceland but God created Adam and Eve in Turkey.
On the other hand, let us assume that the majority worldwide is right:
At one time, it was commonly believed that the earth was flat.
Now it is commonly believed that the earth is round.
That means that somewhere along the line, the earth changed shape.
That must have created quite a jolt.
But don't get up out of your seats yet. I'm not finished.
Even after the majority was convinced that the earth was round, they continued to believe that the earth stood still and the sun revolved around the earth.
Eventually, however, they became convinced that the earth revolved around the sun.
That means that somewhere along the line, the earth and the sun changed policy.
That must have created another jolt.
Foul!
For round earth, read the book of Isa. 40 vs 22.
For the other, read the book of Job.

Level 2

Location hidden

#75925 Feb 14, 2013
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you even take the time to look up what I said?
I notice shit when i see one( it).

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Evolution is true.....

#75926 Feb 14, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Evidence?
Now tell me how did the universe came without a maker?
We don't know yet Charles. Its only been a hundred years or so that we have begun to tackle such problems. The universe has been around for billions of years.

Level 2

Location hidden

#75927 Feb 14, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
No, but we have some ideas. And we're at least at work on a quantum theory of gravity which may mean that we may get to know at some point.
<quoted text>
Why on Earth would we try to disprove existence? That's daft. The universe exists. It's not us who are trying to disprove it.
<quoted text>
Physician heal thyself.
Until you provide the needed evidence on how the earth came into form, you are just waisting your time.
Next?

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Evolution is true.....

#75928 Feb 14, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
You never heard of the Bible?
The Bible is not evidence. It is obviously conceived and written by humans. It is full of problems.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 4 min Jennifer Renee 10,879
A To Z Of Movies (Sep '12) 11 min Go Blue Forever 4,870
News Baltimore Mom Catches Her Son Rioting, Beats Hi... 14 min TLDR 173
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 48 min CJ Rocker 161,767
2015: "Make a Story/ 6 Words Only: 1 hr Parden Pard 177
Last Post Wins! (Aug '08) 1 hr NotaGoth 140,245
Fake book titles game (Feb '10) 1 hr Parden Pard 4,273
Whatcha' doing? (Apr '12) 2 hr MrsGladToBeMe 8,396
JUST SAY SOMETHING. Whatever comes to mind!! (Aug '09) 12 hr Duh 28,972
More from around the web