Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.
Comments
71,421 - 71,440 of 112,802 Comments Last updated 3 min ago

“Leave That Thing Alone!”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> I don't take shit for an answer. The universe can not just evolve with out a maker.
Umm... not according to your posts. Shit (that is, anything that agrees with your stance) is all you will accept as an answer. You are the lowest form of religionist... one that will steadfastly reject verifiable reality in order maintain your obviously frail grip on your religion.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
Get back to me when you have evidence of the magic goo.
Logical fail by bohart. It is up to him to find evidence for his invisible friend. Logic all but demands that without evidence that we do not believe in his nonsense.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Globally, atheism are on the minority, true or false?
Just accept your blindness and ignorance, Buffoon.
so when you christians invented your religion and were the vast minority, you must have been really, really wrong, huh?

your logic skills would be embarrassing if you were a third grader. for an adult they are shameful

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
No it's just a great line by Milton to describe how the created has the nerve to tell the creator how to do the job.
You are begging the question. Where is your evidence for your creator. Milton was a writer and not a scientist. He has no authority of any sort to make such a proclamation.

Without evidence you lose.
bohart

Morristown, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
And let's try something here, Boo boo.
Observation that life is made up of chemistry? Observable fact.
Observation that new life develops from naturally occurring chemical processes? Observable fact.
Observation of life? Observable fact.
Observation of evolution? Observable fact.
Observation of magical poofing of organisms by invisible Jewish wizards? SWEET F A.
Hypothesis - magical poofing of life due to the intervention of an interdimensional invisible Jewish wizard. Scientific observations to support this include... well, uh... SWEET F A. Currently undergoing scientific research by... absolutely positively NO-ONE on the entire frakking planet.
Hypothesis - Abiogenesis is the result of God making use of naturally occurring chemical processes from the abundance of chemicals present in the Earths early environment. Observations to support this include planet-wide chemistry as well as the earliest forms of organisms being bacterial/micriobial in nature, the reproduction of which gradually led to a great variety of lifeforms with no violations of nested hierarchy. However unfortunately there is no testable evidence of (a) God. Currently being researched by numerous scientific organizations across the world, except for the bit about God since it is not currently scientifically verifiable. The rest is though.
Now, note that these are two DISTINCTLY THEIST points of view regarding the origin of life on this planet.
Also note that only ONE of these positions does not necessarily require a denial of reality.
Care to take a guess which one that would be?
Lets try something her Dud, as your fellow puddle gooist Poly 257 has posted, " Without testable hypotheses and repeatable results , all you have is personal opinion, not actual knowledge"....Now , Has life coming from goo passed the test, No, has it been repeated No, so all you have left is the Evangelical puddle gooist church of the faithful.

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
here i am1 we know that all the parts of the goo ae common parts of the universe!

there you go. we know they had to be here on the primordial earth.

Goo with that!

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> If you can not answer that question, on how the universe came into form, then you can not disprove the existence of God.
i do not need to disprove something that no-one has ony proof of.

seems the total and utter lack of even the teensiest-weensiest shred of any kind of evidence at all is all th proof anyu one would need. and the proven lies your cult has told you about htis 'god". and the proven re-used myths in his story from previous proven myth cults.

anything else you need?

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> I don't take shit for an answer. The universe can not just evolve with out a maker.
you have proof of that? no you don't. another proven lie from Chip...sad...very sad. your mother must be hanging her head in shame...
bohart

Morristown, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>here i am1 we know that all the parts of the goo ae common parts of the universe!
Goo with that!
I have all the parts for a chocolate cake in the kitchen, how long will it take for it to self assemble?
bohart

Morristown, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Logical fail by bohart. It is up to him to find evidence for his invisible friend. Logic all but demands that without evidence that we do not believe in his nonsense.
Thats not an answer, just a God attack, which is the basis of all for you, you simply try to cloak your hatred for God with some type of scientific jargon, and when that fails here comes the flood, invisible friend, skydaddy, flying spaghetti monster, etc, etc.
bohart

Morristown, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
You are begging the question. Where is your evidence for your creator. Milton was a writer and not a scientist. He has no authority of any sort to make such a proclamation.
Without evidence you lose.
Life is evidence of a creator, as is the incredible world and universe. Now if you can show that life can create itself , I'll reconsider,

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Lagrangian L2

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

Charles Idemi wrote:
The maker cannot exist without a maker.

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
I have all the parts for a chocolate cake in the kitchen, how long will it take for it to self assemble?
if you hve all the ingredients for cake, life is already here...

your not so good at that whole logic thing, huh? we knew that already..

care to try again?

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Lagrangian L2

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
Thats not an answer, just a God attack, which is the basis of all for you, you simply try to cloak your hatred for God with some type of scientific jargon, and when that fails here comes the flood, invisible friend, skydaddy, flying spaghetti monster, etc, etc.
How can one hate something that does not exist? So far every thing on earth has been explainable by nature and science. The only real question left is the creation of the universe. We just don't know. It's possible that it's been here forever. I just can't imagine its all because of some deranged god who's been playing with us all these years.
bohart

Morristown, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>here i am1 we know that all the parts of the goo ae common parts of the universe!
Goo with that!
All the parts for the goo are common and in the universe eh ? how will they self assemble and come to life? If you attempt to give a scientific answer it must include a testable hypothesis with repeatable results, or it's just a belief.Take your time.

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
The maker cannot exist without a maker.
Introducing new ULTRA-CREATOR!!!

Can't get rid of those pesky theological conundrums? Use ULTRA-CREATOR!!!

No buffing, no scrubbing, just wipe them away with one stroke of an epiphany.

ULTRA-CREATOR!!!Can be used with any standard bible, koran or talmud.(adapters available for those freaky asian cults...)

Order now and get three ULTRA-CREATORS for the price of one!(not available in Jerusalem or Mecca.)

operators always have been, and always will be standing by. Order now!
bohart

Morristown, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
How can one hate something that does not exist? So far every thing on earth has been explainable by nature and science. The only real question left is the creation of the universe. We just don't know. It's possible that it's been here forever. I just can't imagine its all because of some deranged god who's been playing with us all these years.
Deranged God?, thanks for proving my point, Ha,Ha,Ha.

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
Life is evidence of a creator, as is the incredible world and universe. Now if you can show that life can create itself , I'll reconsider,
no, that is not evidence. you don't really know what that word means, do you?
Spocko

Oakland, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
All the parts for the goo are common and in the universe eh ? how will they self assemble and come to life? If you attempt to give a scientific answer it must include a testable hypothesis with repeatable results, or it's just a belief.Take your time.
There is an enormous Body of Evidence as well as Evidence of common descent of living things discovered by scientists working in a variety of fields over the past 150 years, the most recent being the Human Genome Project (HGP) completed in 2003. This evidence has “demonstrated and verified” the occurrence of evolution and provided a wealth of information on the natural processes by which the variety and diversity of life on Earth developed. This evidence supports the modern evolutionary synthesis, the current scientific theory that explains how life developed and why life changes over time.

Goose Bumps
Jacobson’s Organ
Junk DNA
Extra Ear Muscles
Plantaris Muscle
Wisdom Teeth
Third Eyelid
Darwin’s Point
Coccyx
Appendix
Laryngeal nerve

Evidence of common descent:
Evolution is a process that has always gone on in the history of the earth can be doubted only by those who are ignorant of the evidence or are resistant to evidence, owing to emotional blocks or to plain bigotry. By contrast, the mechanisms that bring evolution about certainly need study and clarification. There are no alternatives to evolution as history that can withstand critical examination. Yet we are constantly learning new and important facts about evolutionary mechanisms. How can one ignore the enormous Body of Evidence that has not only withstood the onslaught of time but is getting more robust every day!

Surely you know the difference between ‘evidence’ and ‘proof’, the extensive evidence in support of both fact and theory of evolution comes primarily from studies of the fossil record, molecular sequences, and comparative anatomy. I can't really say there is one "best" piece of evidence for evolution. There are many, many different lines of evidence, and each of them fits together to make an entire picture. But if you had to hold me down with a hot poker, I'd say that the most powerful evidence is the homology of form and DNA shown not only in adult organisms, but in their developing embryos, which pass through more similar stages the more closely related they are. You can read more about this here:

http://evolution.berkeley.edu/evosite/evo101/...

http://evolution.berkeley.edu
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, creationism is YOUR bag, not ours. Keep beating up that straw-man Bo. That's all you liars can do.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••