Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Comments (Page 3,563)

Showing posts 71,241 - 71,260 of106,068
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Putten the SIN ”

Level 3

Since: Nov 08

back in Wisconsin

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Technically, it's not "random," but so difficult to predict that we simply describe it as such. A physicist with a decent computer model could predict it all, but certainly not in real time. Much of what we call random is not even close, even how the dice land or which cards are drawn from a deck, that's why probability is a really complex set of laws and notions, every outcome is the result of cascading forces and reactions, and tons of chemistry. However, it is all natural, nothing "super" about it. ;)
This is an interesting topix to hammer out lol.

I see what your saying about being possibly able to "predict" what an object will do, or what will happen with a set of objects.

For instance, whats the variable that a car will crash into another car as oppose to a car crashing into a mountain.

The way I see it is objects have a *behavior* if you will, and yes there are TONS of variables that go into how an object will interact with another.

For instance I could see a boulder falling down a hill being predetermined where it going to land even with all the variables,(wind, ground texture, terrain, ect) as oppose to a car accident.

Id say ones random, ones deterministic.

But you right, nothing supernatural about it.

Except for when your socks come up missing after doing laundry.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Give me your evidence, but i don't need any shit.
Dodge, that's all you just did, dodge. Are you even reading what I post? I'd wager not, so I can call you a nazi pedophile and you'll not even know I did. Unless you deny that, then you are admitting to being a nazi pedophile and I will be forced to send some people to your house to detain you indefinitely in the penitentiary.

“Putten the SIN ”

Level 3

back in Wisconsin

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Christians believes in the existence of God, disprove that?
I ask again, how did the universe came into form, when we truly know that the universe didn't came from the handiwork of humans, animals nor plants?
Its a simple answer.

We dont know.

You do *know* that its ok to *NOT* know something right??

“Putten the SIN ”

Level 3

back in Wisconsin

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> A simple answer, you can not disprove the existence of God, simple!
Can you prove or disprove the existence of a god??

Level 1

Since: Feb 12

Taipei, Taiwan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Then tell me how the universe came into form, if you are not STUPID?
Fine you want a logical explaination that you will just shrug off regardless because you refuse to accept any other form of thinking? Fine here it is.

Overtime, Stars and Suns die off and explode in supernovas. The particles that made up destroyed planets and stars from the system that was destroyed by the supernovas are spread beyond massive distances which in time will collect. That explains the rings around planets like Uranus, Saturn and Neptune. These loose particals collide with each other. The heat generated from the collision would fuse the particles together forming an even bigger partical which in time creats comets and astroids. Back then, the universe was extremely unstable with supernovas going off every which way. The shear force could of sent planets in a collision course with each other. Other colided because their orbits overlapped each other where eventually, they would collide. This explains how the Earth and the Moon has the same composition with one another: A massive rock hit Earth while it was still molten and the remaining pieces formed what is called our Moon. That explains why Earth, as small as it is, even has a moon.

Its called Astronomy. And its more real than Creationism.

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Where is your evidence?
Read the book of Genesis. God created the universe. No one can say it was human, animals and plants handiworks?

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Disprove leprechauns first, then you can ask to have your god disproved. Until you do that though, your god is simply not real. You do know what we call people who believe the soap opera characters are real people, right? It's the same problem you have, it's called delusion.
I already answered your question a bunch of times, and I was honest, why can't you answer it honestly?
Like i said, i don't take shit for an answer.
God created the universe, challenge that!

Level 1

Since: Feb 12

Taipei, Taiwan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Read the book of Genesis. God created the universe. No one can say it was human, animals and plants handiworks?
O Geee... A book. Just like the bible. You mean an interpretation of something that might of happened? If the book of Gensis is telling the truth, then there must be a magical land of Nania. What great physical evidence you have there. I mean, even something like fossils couldn't clearly disprove that the world was created in 7 days. Newsflash: It does.

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

gotnatas wrote:
<quoted text>
Its a simple answer.
We dont know.
You do *know* that its ok to *NOT* know something right??
You don't know and yet we have the answers.
God created the universe, period!

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

gotnatas wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you prove or disprove the existence of a god??
The amazing universe that no humans, plants nor animals created, proves the existence of a God.

Level 5

Taizhou, China

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

woodtick57 wrote:
Then go ahead and disprove the existence of the FSM. it is the fastest growing religion on the planet, it must be real if you cannot disprove he is the ruler of all.

Charles Idemi wrote:
You can call God, whatever names you can, but nothing can change his identity as the most the high.

Charles, you must hold the world record for red herrings.

Level 5

Taizhou, China

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Charles Idemi wrote:
The same Blah blah blah blah blah. Tell me if you have one single shred of evidence, how the universe came into form?
Another red herring from Charles Idemi.
I wonder what else is new.

Level 5

Taizhou, China

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

So the burden of proof is not on the party making the claim, but rather on party which is skeptical of the claim.

Well guess what!
The jar of peanut butter in my kitchen just evolved into a crocoduck.
It was about to bite my arm off, but I prayed to the Flying Spaghetti Monster to save me.
Then the Flying Spaghetti Monster swooped down and swept up the crocoduck with his noodly appendage.

Let's see you disprove that.

Level 5

Taizhou, China

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Hello, KittenKoder!

So you're a South Park fan too!
Just one correction: it's not leprechauns which steal underwear, it's gnomes.
You might have confused that episode with another episode, in which Cartman reports that he saw a leprechaun.

Anyway, gnomes and leprechauns must really exist, because we saw it on South Park.
Charles Idemi tells us that the Bible must be true becuase it mentions actual places and actual people.
Apparently, then, any source which mentions actual places and actual people must be true.
South Park mentions actual places and actual peole, so South Park must be true.

“Leave That Thing Alone!”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

KandaDogon wrote:
<quoted text>
Then tell me created these chemical products,who created these stars,who have permit the existance of these reactions?
When you start your search for knowledge by assuming there has to be a "who", you have already failed

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
I think your starting to get what I was trying to say...
The point is, why such diversity under pretty much the same environmental factors?
Competition for available food sources

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> So, what would your point, Mr. Know all?
Humans, animals, and plants are neither the creators of the universe, then who?
Besides your need to try and lend credibility to your religious views, why does there have to be a "who"?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> You must be really sick of yourself.
How did the universe came into form? because we know that, it was neither humans, animals nor plants.
Why is "I don't know" not an acceptable answer for the religious? How does inserting "god-did-it" (when "I don't know" would be an honest answer) actually do anything other than stifle further inquiry?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Then tell me how the universe came into form, if you are not STUPID?
I don't know, and neither do you. I'm comfortable letting scientists follow the evidence to where it leads instead of leading the evidence to a preconceived idea like religion does. Claiming "god-did-it" answers nothing and explains even less. If you're comfortable with that level of 'knowledge', why are you even here arguing about it?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> The same Blah blah blah blah blah. Tell me if you have one single shred of evidence, how the universe came into form?
1 shred of evidence for how the universe came about would be 2x more than what you have as 'evidence' for your 'god'. The fact that there lots of very good evidence giving clues to how the univers formed just means there is more for you to ignore

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 71,241 - 71,260 of106,068
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••