Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 221445 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#75738 Feb 13, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Aside from you horrible grammar, likely a result from some emotional meltdown. Where is your evidence of that assertion?
Tell me you liar, how did the universe came into form?
None of you can answer that, to date!

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#75739 Feb 13, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Then tell me how did the universe came into form? i will keep on asking you all, until then!
You don't like the answer because we're the ones being honest about it, and your answer betrays you to be a liar.
neutral observer

West Palm Beach, FL

#75740 Feb 13, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Then tell me how did the universe came into form? i will keep on asking you all, until then!
We all know how the universe came into being. There was this creation event called the big bang. A better question is why... what set it in motion.

Level 2

Location hidden

#75741 Feb 13, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
No, the lines don't exist. The lines we put on maps represent the longitude and latitude coordinates. The coordinates are arbitrary, we decided on them because it is the best method for navigating a spherical body, they represent the angle from the x and y axises of the planet. There are no lines, none, they don't even exist.
You are a sham!
What about the equator, the functions of the datelines, whereby a day is either gained or lost, is that not reality in your eyes, Kitten?
You are indeed clueless.
Study your Geography lessons!

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

#75742 Feb 13, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text>Can you see those imaginary lines, yes or no?
Humans made up those longitude & latitude lines to be used by those that know how to use them.

Similarly, humans ALSO invented the concept of 'spirits', so they can control the weak of mind.

Level 5

Taizhou, China

#75744 Feb 13, 2013
I guess Charles Idemi also believes in the dragon in Carl Sagan's garage.
It's invisible, too.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#75745 Feb 13, 2013
Kong_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Humans made up those longitude & latitude lines to be used by those that know how to use them.
Similarly, humans ALSO invented the concept of 'spirits', so they can control the weak of mind.
Very well put.

(an might i say, our dogs are HUGE fans...huge fans.)

Level 5

Taizhou, China

#75746 Feb 13, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
So, tell me who is deciding science?
I guess you are.
You're the one who says they're responsible for saying where the universe came from.

Level 2

Location hidden

#75747 Feb 13, 2013
Kong_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong!
What about the functions of the datelines, where you either gain or lose a day, is that not reality in your very eyes?
Spirits do exist, period.

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Evolution is true.....

#75748 Feb 13, 2013
CBOW wrote:
<quoted text>
Probably, I agree with both evolution and Creation. Both came together to create the diversity on this planet. That is the open minded approach to existence. God jump started this place, let nature take it's course and then injected advanced DNA which were Adam and Eve.
There was no Adam and Eve.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#75749 Feb 13, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>Etymology?!?
http://xkcd.com/1012/
Hehehe.

St. Croix valley

#75750 Feb 13, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Wrong!
What about the functions of the datelines, where you either gain or lose a day, is that not reality in your very eyes?
you are a tool. even when given proof thtat you are wrong, you just can't man up and admit it.

if only you had some dogma that would build your character...

St. Croix valley

#75751 Feb 13, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Hehehe.
Can yo imagine what it would have been like to sit around in a dorm room getting stoned with that guy? i would have split a gut...

Level 7

The Borderland of Sol

#75752 Feb 13, 2013
MAAT wrote:
http://www.gutenberg.org/ebook s/3623
Sir George James Frazer.
The golden Bough.
Free e-book, you can read it online.
I've read it.

Some years agone - but I recall it fondly.

Also Graves's "The White Goddess"...

St. Croix valley

#75753 Feb 13, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> You are a sham!
What about the equator, the functions of the datelines, whereby a day is either gained or lost, is that not reality in your eyes, Kitten?
You are indeed clueless.
Study your Geography lessons!
And there are many places on teh planet where you can see that equator with your very own eyes!

““You must not lose faith ”

Level 5

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#75754 Feb 13, 2013
gotnatas wrote:
<quoted text>
And abstinence is a sex position lol.
Yes if you use a VERY liberal use of the word religion then yea it can apply to anything, Including YOUR obtuse version of it.
But you demonstrated you have no idea of what your talking about. Atheism isn't evolution. In fact not all atheists believe in evolution, just like not all theists disbelieve in evolution.
Now the last part of your post is ironic projection.
Its what creationists do"to explain what they cannot comprehend."
As to your last sentence that would be correct but only in sofar that we have a new understanding and vocabulary.
You can take as examples Democritos and his atoms.
Or Heraclitus (500 BC) and his concept of everything in dynamic flow (you can't cross the same river twice.
Or the old YHWH whose appellation means Be-Life and that incorporates all surroundings and Heraclitus concept.
For the longest time people have been opposing religion but it's as if the salience of it only now took hold in the minds of people.
Makes one wonder how long it takes for a meme to take hold.
In the old days you would just have some priest or reverent that would smyth ye with fire and brimstone, but now every yoyo declares themselves all-knowing.

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

#75755 Feb 13, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text>Wrong!
Uh....people made those up too.

( Am I really trying to converse with this nitwit?)

Level 7

The Borderland of Sol

#75756 Feb 13, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
Good grief.
You have an actual theory? Or do you think the string theory can give you some insight.
"String theory"? No need of that there.

I was talking bog-standard astrophysics.

Level 7

The Borderland of Sol

#75757 Feb 13, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
That's like saying 42 is the answer to everything, life, and the universe. So what exactly is T0 +400,000 with no point of location.
Sorry, that was when the Universe was about 400,000 years old.

"T0" means "Time-Zero".

Level 7

The Borderland of Sol

#75758 Feb 13, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
what about the big bang? How does it explain T0 +400,000?
The one has nothing to do with the other.

400,000 years was the point at which the Universe became cool enough for stable atoms to form.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Post "any three words" (Sep '12) 9 min Princess Hey 4,135
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 13 min _Drifter 217,112
+=Keep 1 Drop 1=+ 3 STACK (Mar '13) 24 min Raven Queenheart 11,847
The one item I don't want to be without....... 26 min TOUJOURS PRET 243
Poll How often do you 'check in' on Topix forums? (Oct '07) 26 min Quilterqueen 1,603
Caght on video - 2 26 min a_visitor 100
only TWO words! (Nov '08) 28 min Raven Queenheart 27,786
Poll What are you thinking right now? (May '08) 39 min Boink face 4,068
What turns you on ? (Aug '11) 41 min Boink face 2,553
Interesting Quotes (Jun '11) 2 hr Boink face 17,212
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 4 hr Deer Whisperer 75,253
More from around the web