Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Comments (Page 3,559)

Showing posts 71,161 - 71,180 of112,014
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah you think some animals are useless? Don't underestimate them they can tell when danger is coming. Have you had any fish in an aquarium? They're so beautiful and they are so relaxing to look at. Do you eat fish at all? They're good for the brain.
So you buy all the snake oil ... not surprising. No really, I expected you to use some old wive's tale so this post of yours does not surprise me in the least. But here's the thing, there are some animals that are "useless" in their niche, and somehow manage to survive in spite of it. It's well within our understanding. "Fit" does not mean it has a "purpose" in the niche, it means it can survive in that niche. Tardigrades .... the perfect example of such. They can survive in extreme environments, one where they serve absolutely no purpose at all, they just survive, and they do it so well they can be in nearly absolute zero temperatures and even survive on the edges of volcanoes, just not in the magma/lava itself mind you. But ... they don't "do" anything, except consume and reproduce ... and die of old age. So yeah, they're useless, we may one day find a use for them, such as allowing us to figure out how to transport humans through space, but all they are right now is an oddity.

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Bingo. It's non-falsifiable. Just like the FSM.
And i say Bingo, you are wrong!

“Putten the SIN ”

Level 3

Since: Nov 08

back in Wisconsin

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Your failure to comprehend the cause of the effect of an event (or events) is simply labeled random, not because it is truly random, but by the fact that you fail to see perceive the causes that lead up to the event(s).(butterfly effect)
Nothing is truly random in the sense of the word. throwing a pair of dice would be considered to give a "random" number...but in reality the outcome would be the result of weight,speed air density and so forth.
Your post is ironic and a non sequitur from what I posted, but hey, that's what creationists do.

Now the last part of your non sequitur that your talking about is objects or phenomena doing what they do while interacting with random objects and phenomena.

Thats random!!

And yes things in this world can be truly random whether we want to understand them or not.

Learn to deal and try to stay on point next time.

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>Why would you think that?
So, what would your point, Mr. Know all?
Humans, animals, and plants are neither the creators of the universe, then who?

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>then go ahead and disprove the existence of the FSM. it is the fastest growing religion on the planet, it must be real if you cannot disprove he is the ruler of all.
You can call God, whatever names you can, but nothing can change his identity as the most the high.

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

sickofit wrote:
<quoted text>
Really???? WHAT IS YOUR PROOF OF YOUR GOD THEN..........WAITING......... .WAITING..........WAITING..... .....
Yea right.
You must be really sick of yourself.
How did the universe came into form? because we know that, it was neither humans, animals nor plants.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

gotnatas wrote:
<quoted text>
Your post is ironic and a non sequitur from what I posted, but hey, that's what creationists do.
Now the last part of your non sequitur that your talking about is objects or phenomena doing what they do while interacting with random objects and phenomena.
Thats random!!
And yes things in this world can be truly random whether we want to understand them or not.
Learn to deal and try to stay on point next time.
Technically, it's not "random," but so difficult to predict that we simply describe it as such. A physicist with a decent computer model could predict it all, but certainly not in real time. Much of what we call random is not even close, even how the dice land or which cards are drawn from a deck, that's why probability is a really complex set of laws and notions, every outcome is the result of cascading forces and reactions, and tons of chemistry. However, it is all natural, nothing "super" about it. ;)

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> You can call God, whatever names you can, but nothing can change his identity as the most the high.
Then disprove leprechauns. Something so simple and common place, and there is more evidence of your caliber supporting the existence of leprechauns than your god. So, prove that leprechauns don't exist first, then you can shift the burden of proof.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> And i say Bingo, you are wrong!
Actually no, non-falsifiable means that your notion is wrong. If it's not falsifiable then it cannot be stated as fact.

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

TerryL wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks for supplying an example of what I was referring to! If you weren't so stupid you might have seen that before you hit "Post Comment"
Then tell me how the universe came into form, if you are not STUPID?

“Putten the SIN ”

Level 3

Since: Nov 08

back in Wisconsin

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Your failure to comprehend the cause of the effect of an event (or events) is simply labeled random, not because it is truly random, but by the fact that you fail to see perceive the causes that lead up to the event(s).(butterfly effect)
Nothing is truly random in the sense of the word. throwing a pair of dice would be considered to give a "random" number...but in reality the outcome would be the result of weight,speed air density and so forth.
My bad. What your talking about actually is determinism.

life, as in biological, is deterministic. It conforms to fit its surroundings.

A car crash,(if the person isnt trying to get into one), would be considered random.

Ok Ima try and stay on point now lol.

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Thomas Robertson wrote:
woodtick57 wrote:
You have no evidence of his existence.
you have no evidence the flying spaghetti monster doesn't exist, therefore he must be your god.
Charles Idemi wrote:
Liar!
There, there, now, take it easy.
I don't think woodtick was really claiming that you believed in the Flying Spaghetti Monster.
I think he was just making an analogy.
Do you know what an analogy is?
Let me tell you what an analogy is.
An analogy, according to Wikipedia, is "a cognitive process of transferring information or meaning from a particular subject (the analogue or source) to another particular subject (the target)."
For example, I remember a comic strip in which Blondie said, "Gee, I don't know what to wear to the party."
Her husband Dagwood said, "How about all those dresses?"
Blondie said, "Everyone's seen me in those dresses."
Dagwood said, "I guess I can't go to the office tomorrow, then. Everyone has seen my blue suit."
Dagwood did not really intend to stay home from the office the next day.
Rather, he was momentaily assuming Blondie's implied premise that one should not appear in public wearing an outfit which everyone has already seen.
From this premise, he arrived at an absurd conclusion.
Therefore, he is arguing that Blondie's premise is absurd.
Back to the subject:
As I recall, you challenged woodtick to prove that the Judeo-Christian god doesn't exist, which he admitted he could not do.
From that information, you concluded that he believed in the Judeo-Chriatian god.
I understood, and woodtick apparently understood, that your premise was that anyone believes in a deity whose existence he cannot disprove.
So he switched it around and asked you to disprove the Flying Spaghetti Monster.
When you were unable to do that, he applied your own premise--not his own, not mine, or anyone else's.
That's how he concluded that you believed in the Flying Spaghetti Monster.
Could you please explain why your premise applies in woodtick's case but not your own?
I would like to know, and I'm sure woodtick would like to know.
The same Blah blah blah blah blah. Tell me if you have one single shred of evidence, how the universe came into form?

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Then tell me how the universe came into form, if you are not STUPID?
You love asking this question, but no matter how many answers you get, you will still make up a lie instead of just admitting that you don't know.

We have the answer to within a few moments, split seconds, of it coming into existence. It's just that we need to figure out what's "outside" before we can begin to explore what actually started it. In short, we don't know, and neither do you.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> The same Blah blah blah blah blah. Tell me if you have one single shred of evidence, how the universe came into form?
So, you say you know how it happened?

Why do you have to lie? Why can't you just be honest and say you don't know?

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

gotnatas wrote:
<quoted text>
My bad. What your talking about actually is determinism.
life, as in biological, is deterministic. It conforms to fit its surroundings.
A car crash,(if the person isnt trying to get into one), would be considered random.
Ok Ima try and stay on point now lol.
To your last point, easier said than done on any forum.:P

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
However the evidence is building up on our side Charles. We have disproven most of Genesis, most of Exodus, and most of Joshua. We know that Moses was a fictional character. We know that the writers of the four Gospels are anonymous and were NOT eyewitnesses.
We have proven that modern humans are the last in a long line of ‘Homo’ hominids therefore evolution did happen.
We know that Adam and Eve did not exist and that puts a real crimp in the need for Jesus. We can now trace human activity all over the face of the globe during prehistoric times….and it DOES NOT match up with the Bible.
So although we can’t disprove God ‘at this moment’….the time is fast approaching when we WILL be able too. We're working on the Bible right now.
Irony!
One book is not the entire 66 books. And it is not even all the entire Genesis that you can say such a thing to.
Where is your evidence, how the universe came into form?

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Irony!
One book is not the entire 66 books. And it is not even all the entire Genesis that you can say such a thing to.
Where is your evidence, how the universe came into form?
Where is your evidence?

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Then disprove leprechauns. Something so simple and common place, and there is more evidence of your caliber supporting the existence of leprechauns than your god. So, prove that leprechauns don't exist first, then you can shift the burden of proof.
Christians believes in the existence of God, disprove that?
I ask again, how did the universe came into form, when we truly know that the universe didn't came from the handiwork of humans, animals nor plants?

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually no, non-falsifiable means that your notion is wrong. If it's not falsifiable then it cannot be stated as fact.
A simple answer, you can not disprove the existence of God, simple!

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Christians believes in the existence of God, disprove that?
I ask again, how did the universe came into form, when we truly know that the universe didn't came from the handiwork of humans, animals nor plants?
Disprove leprechauns first, then you can ask to have your god disproved. Until you do that though, your god is simply not real. You do know what we call people who believe the soap opera characters are real people, right? It's the same problem you have, it's called delusion.

I already answered your question a bunch of times, and I was honest, why can't you answer it honestly?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 71,161 - 71,180 of112,014
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••