Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 164424 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#75630 Feb 13, 2013
HTS wrote:
<quoted text>Atheist scientists insert "evolution-did-it" rather than "I don't know". Example: Abiogenesis. The entire theory of evolution is founded on the religion of atheism.
ummm...abiogenesis has nothing to do with the theory of evolution.

sucks when you look so foolish through your own words, huh?

“Leave That Thing Alone!”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#75631 Feb 13, 2013
HTS wrote:
<quoted text>Atheist scientists insert "evolution-did-it" rather than "I don't know". Example: Abiogenesis. The entire theory of evolution is founded on the religion of atheism.
Please... can't you come up with any orginal ignorance to spew?

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#75632 Feb 13, 2013
Thomas Robertson wrote:
woodtick57 wrote:
Then go ahead and disprove the existence of the FSM. it is the fastest growing religion on the planet, it must be real if you cannot disprove he is the ruler of all.
Charles Idemi wrote:
You can call God, whatever names you can, but nothing can change his identity as the most the high.
Charles, you must hold the world record for red herrings.
Irony!
Why do love embracing the word, LIES ?

St. Croix valley

#75633 Feb 13, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Fiction and Reality are just two different concepts, get that!
you obviously do get it. you rely on fiction to guide your life. science relies on reality.

Level 2

Location hidden

#75634 Feb 13, 2013
Thomas Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
Another red herring from Charles Idemi.
I wonder what else is new.
Like i said earlier, why do you love embracing the word, LIES?

Level 2

Location hidden

#75635 Feb 13, 2013
Thomas Robertson wrote:
Hello, KittenKoder!
So you're a South Park fan too!
Just one correction: it's not leprechauns which steal underwear, it's gnomes.
You might have confused that episode with another episode, in which Cartman reports that he saw a leprechaun.
Anyway, gnomes and leprechauns must really exist, because we saw it on South Park.
Charles Idemi tells us that the Bible must be true becuase it mentions actual places and actual people.
Apparently, then, any source which mentions actual places and actual people must be true.
South Park mentions actual places and actual peole, so South Park must be true.
Did the actual people endorses God or not, yes or no?

St. Croix valley

#75636 Feb 13, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Like i said earlier, why do you love embracing the word, LIES?
if you believe the christian god myth, you ar the one embracing proven lies. why do you embrace lies?

Level 2

Location hidden

#75637 Feb 13, 2013
TerryL wrote:
<quoted text>Besides your need to try and lend credibility to your religious views, why does there have to be a "who"?
Ofcourse! because both the questions and answers are always pointing to that direction, " who ".
HTS

Englewood, CO

#75638 Feb 13, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>ummm...abiogenesis has nothing to do with the theory of evolution.
sucks when you look so foolish through your own words, huh?
I'm well familiar with that stupid line. The false bifurcation of evolution and abiogenesis was established during the lifetime of Charles Darwin as scientists saw the impending collapse of spontaneous generation.
Darwinism is founded on the assumption that no intelligent design exists. All purported mechanisms of evolution are presumed to be atheistic forces. If abiogenesis is impossible, then Darwinism is reduced to nothing. Simply stating that abiogenesis has nothing to do with evolution doesn't erase the problem.

St. Croix valley

#75639 Feb 13, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Ofcourse! because both the questions and answers are always pointing to that direction, " who ".
No, no they are not. only for those that are stuck in the stone-age mindset of the creator.

St. Croix valley

#75640 Feb 13, 2013
HTS wrote:
<quoted text>I'm well familiar with that stupid line. The false bifurcation of evolution and abiogenesis was established during the lifetime of Charles Darwin as scientists saw the impending collapse of spontaneous generation.
Darwinism is founded on the assumption that no intelligent design exists. All purported mechanisms of evolution are presumed to be atheistic forces. If abiogenesis is impossible, then Darwinism is reduced to nothing. Simply stating that abiogenesis has nothing to do with evolution doesn't erase the problem.
in fact, darwin believed life was created by a god.

how is abiogenesis different from how you think life started? life from non-living stuff, right?

Level 2

Location hidden

#75641 Feb 13, 2013
TerryL wrote:
<quoted text>Why is "I don't know" not an acceptable answer for the religious? How does inserting "god-did-it" (when "I don't know" would be an honest answer) actually do anything other than stifle further inquiry?
How can you say that, are indirectly saying that science is a failure in this regard?
Any way, it is.

Level 2

Location hidden

#75642 Feb 13, 2013
TerryL wrote:
<quoted text>I don't know, and neither do you. I'm comfortable letting scientists follow the evidence to where it leads instead of leading the evidence to a preconceived idea like religion does. Claiming "god-did-it" answers nothing and explains even less. If you're comfortable with that level of 'knowledge', why are you even here arguing about it?
Foul!
You don't know simple!
But spiritually, God almighty exist.
When it comes to the study of spirits, science is zero.

Level 2

Location hidden

#75643 Feb 13, 2013
TerryL wrote:
<quoted text>1 shred of evidence for how the universe came about would be 2x more than what you have as 'evidence' for your 'god'. The fact that there lots of very good evidence giving clues to how the univers formed just means there is more for you to ignore
Foul!
No one to date, has given a satisfactory answer.

St. Croix valley

#75644 Feb 13, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Foul!
You don't know simple!
But spiritually, God almighty exist.
When it comes to the study of spirits, science is zero.
Cus there is not one sghred of proof that there are any spirits or souls or anything of the such. again, they are a non-issue in the real world.

another myth you dragged from antiquity...

Level 2

Location hidden

#75645 Feb 13, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>you have absolutely zero evidence of that claim. why do you bveleive it? because it sounds cool? cuz it supports your ego?
Irony!
Because it supports your ego.
God is real, no one can rule that out, with a waive of hand.

Level 2

Location hidden

#75646 Feb 13, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>you obviously do get it. you rely on fiction to guide your life. science relies on reality.
And yet science are unable to answer the big question, how did the universe came into form, when in reality, it suppose to know.

St. Croix valley

#75647 Feb 13, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> And yet science are unable to answer the big question, how did the universe came into form, when in reality, it suppose to know.
Ahy do you think it is supposed to know?

St. Croix valley

#75648 Feb 13, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Irony!
Because it supports your ego.
God is real, no one can rule that out, with a waive of hand.
Again, that is not irony. you are big on using terms you do not understand.

One does not have to rule somthing out that has never even been brought into the world of reality.
CBOW

Dover, PA

#75649 Feb 13, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>if you believe the christian god myth, you ar the one embracing proven lies. why do you embrace lies?
Your religion of atheism is a lie, why do you embrace and support lies? Trying to find solace in this worn out thread, I see.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
letter H 4 min Princess Hey 28
"3 words beginning with similar Letters!" (Dec '12) 5 min Princess Hey 185
BAN(N) the P0STER Above you !!! (Feb '14) 10 min Mechanic 4,610
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 22 min eleanorigby 40,762
Name a smell you love to smell! (Jan '14) 24 min Mega Monster 1,092
News Wife, husband say they hit back-to-back holes-i... 25 min tom wingo 13
What Could Be Hot? 26 min Glory Be 158
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 27 min Hoo Flung Poo 163,053
News New and Totally Bizarre Baby Names 59 min Pat Robertson s F... 5
News Muslim cleric says masturbating makes your hand... 1 hr Help is at hand- pun 21
More from around the web