Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Comments (Page 3,556)

Showing posts 71,101 - 71,120 of112,792
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

MAAT wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
I still have loads of bulbs but no garden, so now it's about the art of getting them to grow in pots. How?
I gave my last tree away to the church. Some disease ate their trees and they are the only ones having the place and that take in pathetic orphant democrats. In the summer i'm going to check up if they took care of it.
what type of bulbs? most of them like deep placement in prepared beds, i have never tried bulbs in posts...interesting...

““You must not lose faith ”

Level 5

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
what about the big bang? How does it explain T0 +400,000?
Just read on. nucleotide correction.
So the process goes a little different.
Did you read the site i posted: 05 galaxies?
Combined with this pretty much explains it all.
In term of what we actually know/learned.

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

MAAT wrote:
<quoted text>
How is a hockey-team going to work?
I can't find a sensible link to 'oilers'...no clue
type of sunflower seed commonly used for bird feeding.

google: black oiler sunflower seeds. high in oil content for good nutrition.

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
So everything that exists are just random things that existed by chance?
Aren't you just a random thing that exists by chance? look at the randomness of which sperm fertilizes an egg, it isn' the first one, it takes so many to eat away at teh egg lining and one get through out of millions at random.

yes,. it is random. do you have aproblem with that? does it make you feel insignificant? do you have aneed to feel you were specially created? why?

Level 5

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text> what type of bulbs? most of them like deep placement in prepared beds, i have never tried bulbs in posts...interesting...
I just know how deep to plant them by estimating their size and judging the soil. Of some i haven't got a clue what they are.:)
Normally they should be underground allready for months.
See that's just it. We understand all about plots and soil but pots are like an alien invasion.

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
I was thinking of getting dove birds so that's a good thing with sunflowers then. But I really prefer the giant sunflowers than the wild ones. The iris will get a lot of sun from where I live.
Please tell me you aren't thinking of keeping birds in a cage....

Level 5

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>type of sunflower seed commonly used for bird feeding.
Talk about slang;0
For the birds thus and to plant them.
Well that's your birdfeeder in one go. So why would you put birdfeeders extra up?(I suddenly feel so dim :-/

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>Please tell me you aren't thinking of keeping birds in a cage....
a large cage outside yes. I've had parakeets but yeah they try to get away all the time. But I will try to hand raise a pet dove.

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

MAAT wrote:
<quoted text>
Talk about slang;0
For the birds thus and to plant them.
Well that's your birdfeeder in one go. So why would you put birdfeeders extra up?(I suddenly feel so dim :-/
Birdseed is quite a lovely term, isn't it? billions$ industry in the US.

Level 5

above and beyond

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>type of sunflower seed commonly used for bird feeding.
I eat sunflower seeds. And yeah, they are used to feed birds. But I never planted them.

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

MAAT wrote:
<quoted text>
I just know how deep to plant them by estimating their size and judging the soil. Of some i haven't got a clue what they are.:)
Normally they should be underground allready for months.
See that's just it. We understand all about plots and soil but pots are like an alien invasion.
not sure where you are, but in Minnesota many perennial bulbs won't work in pots unless you bring the pots into semi-cold storage for the winter as they soil will get too cold in the pots if left outside..

many of our non -bulb perennial plants have the same problem. they can survive the -50f in the ground, but no in a raised bed or pot.

Level 5

above and beyond

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

MAAT wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
I still have loads of bulbs but no garden, so now it's about the art of getting them to grow in pots. How?
I gave my last tree away to the church. Some disease ate their trees and they are the only ones having the place and that take in pathetic orphant democrats. In the summer i'm going to check up if they took care of it.
So you have a problem with democrats? oh great...

Level 5

above and beyond

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>Aren't you just a random thing that exists by chance? look at the randomness of which sperm fertilizes an egg, it isn' the first one, it takes so many to eat away at teh egg lining and one get through out of millions at random.
yes,. it is random. do you have aproblem with that? does it make you feel insignificant? do you have aneed to feel you were specially created? why?
nothing is really random, it only appears to be so.

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
a large cage outside yes. I've had parakeets but yeah they try to get away all the time. But I will try to hand raise a pet dove.
Imagine that?!? birds that can soar free in the sky not wanting to be in a cage....

Level 5

above and beyond

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>Please tell me you aren't thinking of keeping birds in a cage....
According to the US Fish and Game and the Wildlife management institute, the mortality rate for doves in the wild is more than 58% per year for adults and 69% for juveniles. Life span in the wild is 1.5 years for adults. This is pretty sad since doves lifespan in captivity can exceed 20 years. According to their publications and research, this is indicative of hunting which is responsible for 90% of the deaths and the remaining 10% due to poisons, predators and disease.

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
I eat sunflower seeds. And yeah, they are used to feed birds. But I never planted them.
i live on sunflowere seeds, it seems at times...

i have never grown the showy huge ones. just the tons of them that sprout up in my gardens from teh bird feeders. they are pretty and when the seeds ripen the birds love them..

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
nothing is really random, it only appears to be so.
sure.... that sounds so deep, but it has not basis in the real world.

explain how the gamete reproduction i just mentioned isn't random...

Level 5

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
They'll cheer you up no end.

The most common isotope of hydrogen is protium (name rarely used, symbol 1H) with a single proton and no neutrons. As the simplest atom known, the hydrogen atom has been of theoretical use. For example, as the only neutral atom with an analytic solution to the Schrdinger equation, the study of the energetics and bonding of the hydrogen atom played a key role in the development of quantum mechanics.

25% of Helium gas in the universe is a lot. Therefore we conclude that a very hot phase must have occurred.
The (simple)idea is big bang, hot quick expansion, backgroundradiation, cool down phase, forming the universe as we know it, with another acceleration phase.
T0 +400,000 would be about the formation of hydrogen nucleotides.
protium does not need a neutron, just a proton and other reactions would quickly follow, so formation would have happened in the hot phase and cooldown to form.

Level 5

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
According to the US Fish and Game and the Wildlife management institute, the mortality rate for doves in the wild is more than 58% per year for adults and 69% for juveniles. Life span in the wild is 1.5 years for adults. This is pretty sad since doves lifespan in captivity can exceed 20 years. According to their publications and research, this is indicative of hunting which is responsible for 90% of the deaths and the remaining 10% due to poisons, predators and disease.
0-1,5 year free or 20 years caged..hmm

Level 5

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>sure.... that sounds so deep, but it has not basis in the real world.
explain how the gamete reproduction i just mentioned isn't random...
S/he is the expert.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 71,101 - 71,120 of112,792
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

125 Users are viewing the Weird Forum right now

Search the Weird Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Whatcha' doing? (Apr '12) 8 min Drone 6,540
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 14 min Dr_Dirty 141,176
what are you eatin'? (Mar '13) 15 min curiouslu 2,373
Good Night Thread... (Nov '12) 19 min Petal Power 924
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 22 min magictrix 14,785
Iraq 24 min Petal Power 2
In honor of ms Sweeter 25 min CJ Rocker 121
When I Dream I Dream of _____ 1 hr Petal Power 62
Boy, 9, marries 62-year-old mother of five for ... 2 hr Christaliban 15