Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

#75545 Feb 12, 2013
MAAT wrote:
<quoted text>
Synchronicity just means you are grounded in the here and now and observant, but that does not suppose a god.
And whether something is random or not would also not suppose a god.
But frankly a god is just a number of attributions.
The 'h god'of hangovers for instance.
I'm however not surprised that you answered woodtick with a short 'whatever.'
I find it hard going to get people meta-talking about their faith.
Remember pantheism? God is the entirety of the universe. No dogma just nature and the universe.

““You must not lose faith ”

Level 5

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#75546 Feb 12, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
To me it's not egotistical. I'm humbled by it. It depends on your point of view.
I posted a quote i one reply to woodtick about how the person thought evolution dispicable if a greater superior inherent intelligence (that poster posts a lot of that crap. India higer classes not to mix with lower, spoilling the almost deified genes, and historically no leg to stand on. They came from cowhered that antered the country 150 BC from actually the Arian part of persia.
Bit of a search on old maps. But started to get attitude, and claimed a couple of zero's extra to their provenance.)
because that would make him feelinferior.
Feeling humbled is not actually the same, but to me it kind of holds that connotations.

If god is everywhere and in you why should your act than humble you? Giving is greater then receiving?

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

#75547 Feb 12, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>Thinking the universe was designed to bring forth your life isn't egotistical? how so?
We are here to experience LOVE. So in return we give love to nature and the universe. But that's just my poetic side. Though I'm not a hypocrite, I experience hate as well but I use it for learning experience. It's what makes loving tougher. But I grew up on tough love so.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#75548 Feb 12, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
Remember pantheism? God is the entirety of the universe. No dogma just nature and the universe.
nothing in nature suggest this to be true, it ia the invention of the human mind...

““You must not lose faith ”

Level 5

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#75549 Feb 12, 2013
Knock, knock...Cybele...still there, or are you overcome by our seemingly contradicting synchronicity;)

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

#75550 Feb 12, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>nothing in nature suggest this to be true, it ia the invention of the human mind...
No one is telling you to believe it. Don't worry, it doesn't really make you a bad person for not believing. To me, even the most evil can still have a use. Nature can be violent too. We bad storms and natural disasters. The end must justify the means.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#75551 Feb 12, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
We are here to experience LOVE. So in return we give love to nature and the universe. But that's just my poetic side. Though I'm not a hypocrite, I experience hate as well but I use it for learning experience. It's what makes loving tougher. But I grew up on tough love so.
Why are the animals not capable of such higher brain function as love here for?

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

#75552 Feb 12, 2013
MAAT wrote:
Knock, knock...Cybele...still there, or are you overcome by our seemingly contradicting synchronicity;)
why do the opposite poles of magnet attract each other?

““You must not lose faith ”

Level 5

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#75553 Feb 12, 2013
Nature and the universe->humbled
...set out to be a place as pinacle for you->egotistical

hmm YHWH had a mutual deal: a place, land and people for you and for me.
Filling the earth with bubbing enthousiastic fiery yest for life and living.(old Heraclitus 500 CE everything is in flow) And obviously being part of that. The very definition of YHWH would come close to live:be.
So hold that over /above everything.
Do not kill it.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#75554 Feb 12, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
No one is telling you to believe it. Don't worry, it doesn't really make you a bad person for not believing. To me, even the most evil can still have a use. Nature can be violent too. We bad storms and natural disasters. The end must justify the means.
I'm not worried, i know i am not a bad person.

just wondering why people believe things that are notsuggested by any examples in the real, observable world, but are just neat sounding ideas they wish were true...

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

#75555 Feb 12, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>Why are the animals not capable of such higher brain function as love here for?
Most people think animals are dumb or that they can't understand humans. But they do. It's us who needs to understand them if we have intellect right? They have a different way of showing affection. They do protect their young. But the predators are just the beast of nature.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#75556 Feb 12, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
why do the opposite poles of magnet attract each other?
their magnetic fields line up.

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

#75557 Feb 12, 2013
MAAT wrote:
Nature and the universe->humbled
...set out to be a place as pinacle for you->egotistical
hmm YHWH had a mutual deal: a place, land and people for you and for me.
Filling the earth with bubbing enthousiastic fiery yest for life and living.(old Heraclitus 500 CE everything is in flow) And obviously being part of that. The very definition of YHWH would come close to live:be.
So hold that over /above everything.
Do not kill it.
It's only egotistical if you only have SELF-LOVE.

““You must not lose faith ”

Level 5

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#75559 Feb 12, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
why do the opposite poles of magnet attract each other?
Why does giving a gift to yourself humble you?
And if LOVE is the only experience that negates egotism then i conclude that you can not give that to yourself without a portion of humble-pie.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#75560 Feb 12, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
Most people think animals are dumb or that they can't understand humans. But they do. It's us who needs to understand them if we have intellect right? They have a different way of showing affection. They do protect their young. But the predators are just the beast of nature.
i understand some animals have intelligence, but many do not, not in any way. a fish actually hasw no brain, just a nub of a few cells at the top of its sinal cord.

why are those animals here?

““You must not lose faith ”

Level 5

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#75561 Feb 12, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>their magnetic fields line up.
Those drawings keep sticking in your mind. it's like a mantra.

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

#75562 Feb 12, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>I'm not worried, i know i am not a bad person.
just wondering why people believe things that are notsuggested by any examples in the real, observable world, but are just neat sounding ideas they wish were true...
If you truly know you're not a bad person, it doesn't matter what you believe. If you don't need God in your life and you're still a good person, that makes you even a better person than a believer who does evil.

I have read different philosophies and concepts, so it also doesn't matter what I believe if I know I'm doing it for the good.

““You must not lose faith ”

Level 5

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#75563 Feb 12, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
It's only egotistical if you only have SELF-LOVE.
You can't give LOVE or rather get close enough to other without love for yourselve. And it's impossible to get close to a person that is conflicted about love. Or only recognises certain forms as love.
The other end of the spectrum is that you burn yourself out giving.
Though also that would be egotistical disguised as altruism.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#75564 Feb 12, 2013
i'm outta here...C-ya!

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

#75566 Feb 12, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>i understand some animals have intelligence, but many do not, not in any way. a fish actually hasw no brain, just a nub of a few cells at the top of its sinal cord.
why are those animals here?
Ah you think some animals are useless? Don't underestimate them they can tell when danger is coming. Have you had any fish in an aquarium? They're so beautiful and they are so relaxing to look at. Do you eat fish at all? They're good for the brain.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 2 min Enzo49 25,864
MY... 6 ... WORDS for the day.... (Apr '09) 4 min The Wildflower 1,140
Those Damn Liberals 7 min Shaddup 5
New "Drop one Word" With Famous People's Names (Oct '12) 7 min Old Sam 448
What's your tip for the day? 9 min Old Sam 1,842
keep a word drop a word (Sep '12) 13 min Old Sam 6,980
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 14 min toad4754 7,774
BAN(N) the P0STER Above you !!! (Feb '14) 41 min toad4754 3,015
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 47 min Crazy Beautiful 152,792
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 1 hr Enzo49 37,763
Woman Switches Seats on Plane, Spends 3 Days in... 2 hr Bubbletoes 10
More from around the web