Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.
Comments
71,081 - 71,100 of 114,373 Comments Last updated 14 min ago

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
According to the US Fish and Game and the Wildlife management institute, the mortality rate for doves in the wild is more than 58% per year for adults and 69% for juveniles. Life span in the wild is 1.5 years for adults. This is pretty sad since doves lifespan in captivity can exceed 20 years. According to their publications and research, this is indicative of hunting which is responsible for 90% of the deaths and the remaining 10% due to poisons, predators and disease.
would you rathter live longer in a cage or shorter and be free? why did your other birds keep trying to get out?

if your pets have to be caged to keep them from escaping, you are just a jailor, not a pet owner...

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>sure.... that sounds so deep, but it has not basis in the real world.
explain how the gamete reproduction i just mentioned isn't random...
whatever. I experience synchronicity or meaningful coincidences all the time. That's my reality. Just because you don't notice it doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

Sexual reproduction can be random fusion of sperm and an egg, ok. But do you think the fusion of elements in the stars are just random too? Why do stars look pretty at night? Why do we study cosmology if they are just chaotic that doesn't make any sense? How could these elements create life in planets under the right conditions?

In reproduction, with all the right timing of sperms swimming around to get to that one egg, there is some rhythm to it. It's like winning the lotto.

““You must not lose faith ”

Level 5

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
So you have a problem with democrats? oh great...
None whatsoever. I by the way do not consider America an actual democracy. I live in a multi-party nation, where parties have to compromise.
But we are talking about taking extra care of the plants, so calling them democrats is my form of irony. And they really don't care where they put their roots. They like a republican garden too.

Level 5

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
whatever. I experience synchronicity or meaningful coincidences all the time. That's my reality. Just because you don't notice it doesn't mean it doesn't exist.
Sexual reproduction can be random fusion of sperm and an egg, ok. But do you think the fusion of elements in the stars are just random too? Why do stars look pretty at night? Why do we study cosmology if they are just chaotic that doesn't make any sense? How could these elements create life in planets under the right conditions?
In reproduction, with all the right timing of sperms swimming around to get to that one egg, there is some rhythm to it. It's like winning the lotto.
Actually the egg pulls the sperm in.(digging deep in the attic of memory) And repulses unwanted sperm.

Level 5

above and beyond

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>would you rathter live longer in a cage or shorter and be free? why did your other birds keep trying to get out?
if your pets have to be caged to keep them from escaping, you are just a jailor, not a pet owner...
You're just jealous cause birds talk to me. lol. I know you're going to say that I might be hearing voices but I can really hear what they feel. I have an attachment to birds. So that makes my pets special.

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
I notice coincidences all the time. they are just that, coincidences.

it is random as to whether the star has enough mass to get beyond the fusion into iron stage or go into the further stages of fusing heavier elements via novae or supernovae explosion.

so yes, that also is random.

no-one said there is choas in the universe, just no proof at all of any guiding hand or design.

i know many people think it would be nice, and it would make them feel more special if they were created on purpose, especially if the entire universe was set out so they could be created...but that is just silly, isn't it?( and super-egotistical)

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

MAAT wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm half a page behind, you both sure have something else to work from than a simple laptop.
For two winters i wrapped the tree and the pot. The roots develop very fine, where i know that in an actual garden a trumpetleaf tree can have solid wide spread roots and enormous leaves. Great to sit under in summer. But in a pot the growth is stumped, that's how you get ever smaller plants.
nope...just a 6 year old laptop...actually had to get a new keypad put into it...

Level 5

above and beyond

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>I notice coincidences all the time. they are just that, coincidences.
it is random as to whether the star has enough mass to get beyond the fusion into iron stage or go into the further stages of fusing heavier elements via novae or supernovae explosion.
so yes, that also is random.
no-one said there is choas in the universe, just no proof at all of any guiding hand or design.
i know many people think it would be nice, and it would make them feel more special if they were created on purpose, especially if the entire universe was set out so they could be created...but that is just silly, isn't it?( and super-egotistical)
To me it's not egotistical. I'm humbled by it. It depends on your point of view.

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
You're just jealous cause birds talk to me. lol. I know you're going to say that I might be hearing voices but I can really hear what they feel. I have an attachment to birds. So that makes my pets special.
i too have an attachment to birds. my birds live in the wild and come and land on me and they also talk to me. no need to keep them in a jail.

perhaps your birds are suffering from stockholm syndrom?

Level 5

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
Synchronicity just means you are grounded in the here and now and observant, but that does not suppose a god.
And whether something is random or not would also not suppose a god.

But frankly a god is just a number of attributions.
The 'h god'of hangovers for instance.
I'm however not surprised that you answered woodtick with a short 'whatever.'
I find it hard going to get people meta-talking about their faith.

Level 5

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>nope...just a 6 year old laptop...actually had to get a new keypad put into it...
mst be the server service then.
oldies are often best.

Level 5

above and beyond

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>i too have an attachment to birds. my birds live in the wild and come and land on me and they also talk to me. no need to keep them in a jail.
perhaps your birds are suffering from stockholm syndrom?
All the birds I had were not hand raised by me, I think that's why they got away or maybe the cage was too small. But I have an attachment even with wild birds. They can communicate with humans if you listen to them. Watch out for those mocking birds. lol

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
To me it's not egotistical. I'm humbled by it. It depends on your point of view.
Thinking the universe was designed to bring forth your life isn't egotistical? how so?

Level 5

above and beyond

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

MAAT wrote:
<quoted text>
Synchronicity just means you are grounded in the here and now and observant, but that does not suppose a god.
And whether something is random or not would also not suppose a god.
But frankly a god is just a number of attributions.
The 'h god'of hangovers for instance.
I'm however not surprised that you answered woodtick with a short 'whatever.'
I find it hard going to get people meta-talking about their faith.
Remember pantheism? God is the entirety of the universe. No dogma just nature and the universe.

Level 5

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
I posted a quote i one reply to woodtick about how the person thought evolution dispicable if a greater superior inherent intelligence (that poster posts a lot of that crap. India higer classes not to mix with lower, spoilling the almost deified genes, and historically no leg to stand on. They came from cowhered that antered the country 150 BC from actually the Arian part of persia.
Bit of a search on old maps. But started to get attitude, and claimed a couple of zero's extra to their provenance.)
because that would make him feelinferior.
Feeling humbled is not actually the same, but to me it kind of holds that connotations.

If god is everywhere and in you why should your act than humble you? Giving is greater then receiving?

Level 5

above and beyond

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>Thinking the universe was designed to bring forth your life isn't egotistical? how so?
We are here to experience LOVE. So in return we give love to nature and the universe. But that's just my poetic side. Though I'm not a hypocrite, I experience hate as well but I use it for learning experience. It's what makes loving tougher. But I grew up on tough love so.

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
Remember pantheism? God is the entirety of the universe. No dogma just nature and the universe.
nothing in nature suggest this to be true, it ia the invention of the human mind...

Level 5

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Knock, knock...Cybele...still there, or are you overcome by our seemingly contradicting synchronicity;)

Level 5

above and beyond

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>nothing in nature suggest this to be true, it ia the invention of the human mind...
No one is telling you to believe it. Don't worry, it doesn't really make you a bad person for not believing. To me, even the most evil can still have a use. Nature can be violent too. We bad storms and natural disasters. The end must justify the means.

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
We are here to experience LOVE. So in return we give love to nature and the universe. But that's just my poetic side. Though I'm not a hypocrite, I experience hate as well but I use it for learning experience. It's what makes loving tougher. But I grew up on tough love so.
Why are the animals not capable of such higher brain function as love here for?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••