Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story

““You must not lose faith ”

Level 5

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#75505 Feb 12, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>i do quite well with plants...mainly perennial flowers, never got into veggie gardening much until recently, and that is really a learning experience.
I still have loads of bulbs but no garden, so now it's about the art of getting them to grow in pots. How?
I gave my ast tree away to the church. Some disease ate the trees and they are the only ones having the place and that take in pathetic orphant democrats. In the summer i'm going to check up if they took care of it.

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

#75506 Feb 12, 2013
MAAT wrote:
<quoted text>
Just two links, nothing fancy, one even has cartoonlike pictures(i'm pretty sure the ones i posted last saturday or sunday were not read. Nor the one i reposted)
And at the same time i'm reviewing and sorting out if i still got it right, in my memory.
http://physics.stackexchange.com/questions/11...
Lyman alpha systems and cosmolgy
http://astro.berkeley.edu/~jcohn/lya.html
what about the big bang? How does it explain T0 +400,000?

Level 5

Location hidden

#75507 Feb 12, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>i do quite well with plants...mainly perennial flowers, never got into veggie gardening much until recently, and that is really a learning experience.
woodtick57 wrote:
I still have loads of bulbs but no garden, so now it's about the art of getting them to grow in pots. How?
I gave my last tree away to the church. Some disease ate their trees and they are the only ones having the place and that take in pathetic orphant democrats. In the summer i'm going to check up if they took care of it.

Level 5

Location hidden

#75508 Feb 12, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>the most common mistake with the iris is planting the corm (bulb) too deep. they like as much sun as they can get and you need to divide them REGULARLY. i too like the many and varied variety of iris flowers that have evolved on our puddly little rock...
put up many bird feeders and use oilers, then you'll get sunflowers in all your gardens whether you want them or not!
How is a hockey-team going to work?
I can't find a sensible link to 'oilers'...no clue

Level 5

Location hidden

#75509 Feb 12, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
It's about the hydrogen nuclotide process. That would be the keyword.

Otherwise google hydrogen cosmology

Level 5

above and beyond

#75510 Feb 12, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>not all galaxies are spirals. not all life follows the same patterns..
What led you to the god created everything part to begin with.
why even take up that basic premise?
So everything that exists are just random things that existed by chance?

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#75511 Feb 12, 2013
MAAT wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
I gave my last tree away to the church. Some disease ate their trees and they are the only ones having the place and that take in pathetic orphant democrats. In the summer i'm going to check up if they took care of it.
what type of bulbs? most of them like deep placement in prepared beds, i have never tried bulbs in posts...interesting...

Level 5

Location hidden

#75512 Feb 12, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
Just read on. nucleotide correction.
So the process goes a little different.
Did you read the site i posted: 05 galaxies?
Combined with this pretty much explains it all.
In term of what we actually know/learned.

St. Croix valley

#75513 Feb 12, 2013
MAAT wrote:
<quoted text>
How is a hockey-team going to work?
I can't find a sensible link to 'oilers'...no clue
type of sunflower seed commonly used for bird feeding.

google: black oiler sunflower seeds. high in oil content for good nutrition.

St. Croix valley

#75514 Feb 12, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
So everything that exists are just random things that existed by chance?
Aren't you just a random thing that exists by chance? look at the randomness of which sperm fertilizes an egg, it isn' the first one, it takes so many to eat away at teh egg lining and one get through out of millions at random.

yes,. it is random. do you have aproblem with that? does it make you feel insignificant? do you have aneed to feel you were specially created? why?

Level 5

Location hidden

#75515 Feb 12, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text> what type of bulbs? most of them like deep placement in prepared beds, i have never tried bulbs in posts...interesting...
I just know how deep to plant them by estimating their size and judging the soil. Of some i haven't got a clue what they are.:)
Normally they should be underground allready for months.
See that's just it. We understand all about plots and soil but pots are like an alien invasion.

St. Croix valley

#75516 Feb 12, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
I was thinking of getting dove birds so that's a good thing with sunflowers then. But I really prefer the giant sunflowers than the wild ones. The iris will get a lot of sun from where I live.
Please tell me you aren't thinking of keeping birds in a cage....

Level 5

Location hidden

#75517 Feb 12, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>type of sunflower seed commonly used for bird feeding.
Talk about slang;0
For the birds thus and to plant them.
Well that's your birdfeeder in one go. So why would you put birdfeeders extra up?(I suddenly feel so dim :-/

Level 5

above and beyond

#75518 Feb 12, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>Please tell me you aren't thinking of keeping birds in a cage....
a large cage outside yes. I've had parakeets but yeah they try to get away all the time. But I will try to hand raise a pet dove.

St. Croix valley

#75519 Feb 12, 2013
MAAT wrote:
<quoted text>
Talk about slang;0
For the birds thus and to plant them.
Well that's your birdfeeder in one go. So why would you put birdfeeders extra up?(I suddenly feel so dim :-/
Birdseed is quite a lovely term, isn't it? billions$ industry in the US.

Level 5

above and beyond

#75520 Feb 12, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>type of sunflower seed commonly used for bird feeding.
I eat sunflower seeds. And yeah, they are used to feed birds. But I never planted them.

St. Croix valley

#75521 Feb 12, 2013
MAAT wrote:
<quoted text>
I just know how deep to plant them by estimating their size and judging the soil. Of some i haven't got a clue what they are.:)
Normally they should be underground allready for months.
See that's just it. We understand all about plots and soil but pots are like an alien invasion.
not sure where you are, but in Minnesota many perennial bulbs won't work in pots unless you bring the pots into semi-cold storage for the winter as they soil will get too cold in the pots if left outside..

many of our non -bulb perennial plants have the same problem. they can survive the -50f in the ground, but no in a raised bed or pot.

Level 5

above and beyond

#75522 Feb 12, 2013
MAAT wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
So you have a problem with democrats? oh great...

Level 5

above and beyond

#75523 Feb 12, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>Aren't you just a random thing that exists by chance? look at the randomness of which sperm fertilizes an egg, it isn' the first one, it takes so many to eat away at teh egg lining and one get through out of millions at random.
yes,. it is random. do you have aproblem with that? does it make you feel insignificant? do you have aneed to feel you were specially created? why?
nothing is really random, it only appears to be so.

St. Croix valley

#75524 Feb 12, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
a large cage outside yes. I've had parakeets but yeah they try to get away all the time. But I will try to hand raise a pet dove.
Imagine that?!? birds that can soar free in the sky not wanting to be in a cage....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 3 min Wolftracks 148,960
Truck containing 36,000 pounds of Crisco stolen 3 min Sam 33
Ohio Sam sucks Co ck 10 min Righdownthemiddle 1
During Obama's Speech at Democratic Campaign Ra... 11 min Mitt s Santorum S... 21
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 11 min a_visitor 22,218
Word Association (Mar '10) 16 min White Fire 16,109
News System Rigged 23 min Enter Username 3
True or False Game 2 hr Vector aka Victor... 377
Family shocked after texting dead grandmother, ... 3 hr Protoham 9
Do you have a Topix crush? (Jun '11) 5 hr Juju Beans 6,829

Weird People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE