Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.
Comments
71,021 - 71,040 of 114,619 Comments Last updated 1 hr ago

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Judged:

xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
actually plant life came first...so by the concept of evolution...we evolved from plants...
this is where democrats came from...

““You must not lose faith ”

Level 5

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
Good grief.
You have an actual theory? Or do you think the string theory can give you some insight.
You sound a little vexed.
I found that usefull information T0 +400,000
Means i have to maybe review. bummer.

It's hard anough keeping up with all the theories and develop an understanding since sooner or later it's all about maths.
But i learned not to underestimate posters. They may seem so jolly innocent but brains sharp as knifes. Sometimes you just have to wait a bit.

Level 5

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

KandaDogon wrote:
<quoted text>
Why Eve hadn`t be as adam?why she has different DNA? that`s the exat question God want us to ask,in order we may know that there are an intelligance that has caused this differentiation,for we can reproduce.And there are sigh everywere: the plants,animalsin couple ...the mounts,the diversity,intrractions and colors of all things as if to tell us they are originated by something all-able in this univers;but we choose to blind ourseves for that we can follow our lusts and desires.
Like i said, that is what you think now. And how everybody told you to understand it.
But that is not what was written. And something we can not deduce from the names in their original meaning.
Okey let's go with hmans.
What if they had been listening and the serpent just wandered about eating insects in the rainforest.
Well than you wouldnot be around.
So that can not have been the meaning of the story.
The prototypes eyes were opened like the open eyes of the gods (still elohym-the consortium), so then they know abot consequences. It's not shame, but the veil taken away i.o.w. they became aware of their nakedness.
They got knurd (Terry Pratchett) which is when you are so sober that you can not deal with the sudden realisation of waht life is actualy about. So they try to shut the harsh reality out again. Or get un-knurd, in the book this is achieved with a small glass of alcohol. So reality becomes bearable.
The difference is that god does not need a small glass of alcohol.
Ultimate dispenser of justice. So fertile soil and wide birth will live exposed and will feel pain and see death.
Who, in the face of these great truths gives a jot about trifles like lusts and desires!
Therefore we find no mention whatsoever.

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

MAAT wrote:
<quoted text>
You sound a little vexed.
I found that usefull information T0 +400,000
Means i have to maybe review. bummer.
It's hard anough keeping up with all the theories and develop an understanding since sooner or later it's all about maths.
But i learned not to underestimate posters. They may seem so jolly innocent but brains sharp as knifes. Sometimes you just have to wait a bit.
That's like saying 42 is the answer to everything, life, and the universe. So what exactly is T0 +400,000 with no point of location.

Level 5

above and beyond

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
I think your starting to get what I was trying to say...
You can start thinking now. I posted the words for you! You can use numbers if you want too. ;-)

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Judged:

Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
That's like saying 42 is the answer to everything, life, and the universe. So what exactly is T0 +400,000 with no point of location.
the point of location is on the back of your towel..

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>this is where democrats came from...
Oh, so your a politician...well that explains everything.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
You can start thinking now. I posted the words for you! You can use numbers if you want too. ;-)
now your either trying to give me a hint....or your trying to throw me of intentionally...hummm.

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, so your a politician...well that explains everything.
no, just another part of my world i like to know about..

i was a political SCIENCE major at university...

Level 5

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Time zero + 400,000 years, location everywhere.

But yes i sometimes also like to read a bit more. Read a lot from others, contributed a lot, but i was absent for months so always curious whats new.

You started great..long posts very informative.
--
2 quotes (other forum long philosophical discussions about the awareness process of humans, and half a year later it bears fruit)
Evolution as a process of revelation and self-manifestation.

I think of that underlying One in immanent terms, a being or life force that dwells within the universe and all its forms, rather than a Creator from beyond who forms a world that is "other" and separate from its own Self.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Judged:

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>no, just another part of my world i like to know about..
well that's even worse.

Level 5

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>no, just another part of my world i like to know about..
So you had to take some post on some board to deal with everyday bureaucratic issues, and found your niche?
Usually people run away screaming. That would be plants..eh democrats.

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
well that's even worse.
yes, why be involved in your world, just hole up and read your cult books...

Level 5

above and beyond

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>the point of location is on the back of your towel..
How did you know I had a towel ona while ago? lol

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
How did you know I had a towel ona while ago? lol
TMI...

Level 5

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

KandoDogon apropos 'helper'
A hebrew saying: help me help.
It has a bit of a complicated story behind it, but that would be the essence.

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

MAAT wrote:
<quoted text>
So you had to take some post on some board to deal with everyday bureaucratic issues, and found your niche?
Usually people run away screaming. That would be plants..eh democrats.
ironically, having put myself through school working on landscaping crews, i ended up with a degree in landscape design. so I know about how plants turned into democrats....

Level 5

above and beyond

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

MAAT wrote:
Time zero + 400,000 years, location everywhere.
But yes i sometimes also like to read a bit more. Read a lot from others, contributed a lot, but i was absent for months so always curious whats new.
You started great..long posts very informative.
--
2 quotes (other forum long philosophical discussions about the awareness process of humans, and half a year later it bears fruit)
Evolution as a process of revelation and self-manifestation.
I think of that underlying One in immanent terms, a being or life force that dwells within the universe and all its forms, rather than a Creator from beyond who forms a world that is "other" and separate from its own Self.
How do you know God could be outside his creations and then became his creations? Ever heard of Pandeism? I'm somewhat a Pandeist.

I believe in this claim:

"It is therefore most particularly the belief that the creator of the universe actually became the universe, and so ceased to exist as a separate and conscious entity."

but I don't agree with the concept of Deism alone:

Deism (that the creator-god who designed the universe no longer exists in a status where it can be reached, and can instead be confirmed only by reason)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pandeism

Level 5

above and beyond

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>ironically, having put myself through school working on landscaping crews, i ended up with a degree in landscape design. so I know about how plants turned into democrats....
So do you have a green thumb too or is that TMI?

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Judged:

Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you know God could be outside his creations and then became his creations? Ever heard of Pandeism? I'm somewhat a Pandeist.
I believe in this claim:
"It is therefore most particularly the belief that the creator of the universe actually became the universe, and so ceased to exist as a separate and conscious entity."
but I don't agree with the concept of Deism alone:
Deism (that the creator-god who designed the universe no longer exists in a status where it can be reached, and can instead be confirmed only by reason)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pandeism
Why do you believe this? is there any indication that this might be true? did it just sound cool?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••