Evolution vs. Creation

Jan 6, 2011 Read more: Best of New Orleans 159,734
High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Read more
neutral observer

Lake Worth, FL

#75347 Feb 11, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>No, no I don't. you can repeat it often, but it will still be incorrect.

read up on it, then get back to me.
Perhaps you should read more widely on the subject... and not just from apologists of the Clinton administration and its support for genocide?

He should be on trial at the Hague... not Mladic and Karadzic.

Pretty much all wars are about politics and nationalism. In any case Washington has no business in other nations revolutions. To actually side with barbarism over...

All to divert attention away from Monica Lewinsky, Whitewater and the impeachment hearings.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#75348 Feb 11, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>Atheism isn't a religion, but regardless, how would they be the fastest growing if they have the lowest retention? they must also have the most converts from other religions, huh?
Your type of atheism is a religion.
You are most definitely a positive assertion atheist. "PAA"

Location hidden

#75349 Feb 11, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>here's the real fastest growing religion...

http://xkcd.com/1102/
Atheist sure have a hard time keeping your believes straight.
Yet alone just the definition of the word atheist.

Merriam - Webster

athe·ist\ˈā-thē-ist\
noun
: one who believes that there is no deity

"who believes". That's a positive assertion. Seeing as there is no proof of your belief It's FAITH.

Faith:
"Synonyms: devotion, piety, religion"

Ah yes Atheism is a Religion.

Have a nice day and don't forget to go to church.

Posted else where by derek4

February 4, 2011

Church, without God

“Stan Bradley likes Bible stories, admires Martin Luther and uses expressions such as 'heavens, no.'

The Lithopolis man is president of a local congregation and rarely misses a Sunday service. Occasionally, he goes to his wife's church instead.

For these and other reasons, Bradley considers himself religious.”

He is also an atheist.

continued:

“Like Bradley, some atheists participate in organized religion for its social and psychological benefits.”

continued:

“Churches are great places to find friends, support and youth education, so nonbelievers and believers alike join congregations to fill those needs, he said.

He has spoken to elderly and sick people who can no longer go to church and they say they most miss the feeling of community.

Recent research from Harvard University and the University of Wisconsin backs him up. It found that religious people tend to be happier than nonreligious people, not because of belief but because of the friendships found at church.”
http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/faith...

“religious people tend to be happier than nonreligious people”[I have said this all along, and my posts are still on the board to confirm it. Now you hear it straight from the atheist, lol.]
neutral observer

Lake Worth, FL

#75350 Feb 11, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>Atheism isn't a religion, but regardless, how would they be the fastest growing if they have the lowest retention? they must also have the most converts from other religions, huh?
If it is a belief with absolute certainty that you know the ultimate truth about creation... and a desire to spread the word... how is it not a religion?

That is what religion/myth are all about.

Location hidden

#75351 Feb 11, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>funny but true. look at all the whackjobs your cult contains!
PAA

Location hidden

#75352 Feb 11, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>good for your pinky. there is no hereafter. it is a ruse used by your cult to play on your greatest fear.

seems to have worked. i truly think PT Barnum really started you cult...
The word is "your" not "you".

Your pinky must be sore from all that capitalizing of FSM.

And Barnum had you pegged when he hung up the first Exit sign.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#75353 Feb 11, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Your type of atheism is a religion.
You are most definitely a positive assertion atheist. "PAA"
you didn't capitalize atheist, hypocrit.

i have never considered myself an atheist. if you need to label people, then it is up to you and only for your use so it doesn't matter to me what term you use.

freethinker works better for the non-cult members, though.

Location hidden

#75354 Feb 11, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>Yet Charles has been shown to be lying often. I have not lied here once.

truly funny since your whole cult is based on proven lies and you have repeated them many times, nowing full well they are lies.

seems it is the cult members here that do all the lying.

proven fact.
" I have not lied here once. "

LOL

How's your pinky doing? LOL

St. Croix valley

#75355 Feb 11, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
PAA
your down to name calling this early in the evening? so sad..

St. Croix valley

#75356 Feb 11, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
" I have not lied here once. "
LOL
How's your pinky doing? LOL
just fine. give an example of me lying.

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Evolution is true.....

#75357 Feb 11, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Then you are narrow minded. If that according to you is true, people would have lost/ lose interest in the faith, but to no avail.
There are miracles performed daily in the name of God and i am a testimony to that, amen.
Sorry Charlie, but there is no truth to prayer. You, and all the Christians in the world are just deluding yourselves. If prayer actually worked, every person in the world would be Christian and our world would be totally different.

You are living in a dream world if you actually believe a God answers your (or anyone's) prayer.

St. Croix valley

#75358 Feb 11, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry Charlie, but there is no truth to prayer. You, and all the Christians in the world are just deluding yourselves. If prayer actually worked, every person in the world would be Christian and our world would be totally different.
You are living in a dream world if you actually believe a God answers your (or anyone's) prayer.
don't know if you saw this earlier...

http://xkcd.com/808/

if religion did what it said it does, it would be the hit you described. yet it still has to compete with all the other cults. it has to change the word of its god to remain relevant to society lest it be overtaken by the other cults.

funny stuff!

““You must not lose faith ”

Level 5

Location hidden

#75359 Feb 11, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Still waiting on your proof of no God.
You can't proof a negative.
Bt the way you phrase it.
No god=no god.
Now the onus is on you to proof that this is true or false.

Level 9

Evolution is true.....

#75360 Feb 11, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Still waiting on your proof of no God.
Still waiting for ANY real evidence FOR a God.

Been looking for over 50 years now....

Level 9

Evolution is true.....

#75361 Feb 11, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>don't know if you saw this earlier...
if religion did what it said it does, it would be the hit you described. yet it still has to compete with all the other cults. it has to change the word of its god to remain relevant to society lest it be overtaken by the other cults.
funny stuff!
Hello woodtick57. Yes I did see the cartoon and as usual it was right on. It always amazes me how the author of xkcd is able to boil down to just a few words something I have been trying to vocalize for months.

Yes, the apologists for Christianity are constantly reviewing and changing their understanding of the Bible so they can keep themselves and their dogma currant.

I am anxiously awaiting their apologia of the loss of the Adam and Eve story and not having someone to pin 'Original Sin' on. Whatever will Jesus do now??.:-)

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#75362 Feb 11, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>don't know if you saw this earlier...
funny stuff!
The truth is...is if it didn't work, it would have been given up along long time ago...

Is every prayer answered?...no...why? Because if every prayer was answered it would become mundane, deteriorating into mere wishes for such things as money and power.

Level 9

Evolution is true.....

#75363 Feb 11, 2013
neutral observer wrote:
<quoted text>
There are probably more gods in Christianity than in Hinduism.
Its a good thing they are ALL phony.

Level 5

Taizhou, China

#75364 Feb 11, 2013
Langoliers, who appointed you as editor and proofreader on this thread?
bohart

Newport, TN

#75365 Feb 11, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
Still waiting for ANY real evidence FOR a God.
Been looking for over 50 years now....
Some people can read War and Peace and come away with nothing, others can read a gum wrapper and unlock the secret of the universe.

Lex Luthor

you seem to be the first

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#75366 Feb 11, 2013
bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
Some people can read War and Peace and come away with nothing, others can read a gum wrapper and unlock the secret of the universe.
Lex Luthor
you seem to be the first
bohart, it is always up to the person making the positive claim to provide evidence for their claim.

So it is up to you to provide evidence for the existence of god if you want to claim that.

To be fair we have to provide evidence for evolution if challenged. Of course that does not mean that you can deny our evidence. There is a definition of scientific definition which is used for scientific debates. Using that definition there are mountains of evidence that support evolution.

I don't know what type of evidence you would use to support the existence of god.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Does Big Money 'run' Governemnt or do "WE"? 13 min Angel in LA 3
"3 words beginning with similar Letters!" (Dec '12) 14 min Princess Hey 95
+=Keep 1 Drop 1=+ 3 STACK (Mar '13) 17 min Princess Hey 7,909
motorcycle traveling stories 31 min Alias -_- Trish 372
News Shia LaBeouf says celebs are "enslaved" in late... 36 min Kid_Tomorrow 6
News Woman Shot By Robbinsdale Officer Charged With ... 39 min TALLYHO 8541 24
Kentucky Outlaw Rand Paul 55 min Kid_Tomorrow 7
News SC deputies: 11 cyclists victims in strange rev... 56 min Mega Monster 3
Denny Crain's Place (May '10) 3 hr Denny CranesPlace 18,127
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 4 hr TALLYHO 8541 40,143