Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#75226 Feb 10, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Evidence please?
Exactly the same evidence you have for your deity.

See how that works?

Level 5

Since: Apr 12

Taizhou, China

#75227 Feb 10, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
The 2 things most prayed about in all of the existence of Christianity....
The end of war(s).
The end of world hunger.
Neither one has ever been answered.
How many amputees have prayed for the re-growing of their lost limbs?
This has NEVER been answered either.
There is no God to answer any of the above prayers.

Charles Idemi wrote:
Then you are narrow minded. If that according to you is true, people would have lost/ lose interest in the faith, but to no avail.
There are miracles performed daily in the name of God and i am a testimony to that, amen.

Fine.
You can't answer the question, so you can just abuse the opponent.

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#75228 Feb 10, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
The same thing happened in Texas a few years ago to governor Rick Perry.
Despite the total lack of proof that prayer works and the many statistical study proofs that it DOESN'T work, they still try to convince us that prayer is legitimate.
This is solid evidence that their God is bogus.
You are just waisting your time you mortal.
You can no clue disproving the existence of the most high.
More of your shit?

Level 2

Location hidden

#75229 Feb 10, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Exactly the same evidence you have for your deity.
See how that works?
Only baseless assertions.
You are indeed clueless.

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Iquique

#75230 Feb 10, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> You are just waisting your time you mortal.
More of your shit?
Charles, I speak the truth. Nothing I said was a lie, and I generally do not denigrate the people I 'talk' with.

Level 2

Location hidden

#75232 Feb 10, 2013
Thomas Robertson wrote:
thewordofme wrote:
The 2 things most prayed about in all of the existence of Christianity....
The end of war(s).
The end of world hunger.
Neither one has ever been answered.
How many amputees have prayed for the re-growing of their lost limbs?
This has NEVER been answered either.
There is no God to answer any of the above prayers.
Charles Idemi wrote:
Then you are narrow minded. If that according to you is true, people would have lost/ lose interest in the faith, but to no avail.
There are miracles performed daily in the name of God and i am a testimony to that, amen.
Fine.
You can't answer the question, so you can just abuse the opponent.
Bunch of clueless clowns.
There are miracles daily of God's healing power. You or any one else can never deny the truth, never!

Level 2

Location hidden

#75233 Feb 10, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> You are just waisting your time you mortal.
More of your shit?
Typo error:
You have no clue disproving the existence of the most high.

Location hidden

#75234 Feb 10, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>you know what's really gonna blow your mind? the ancestors of whales lived on the land. they moved BACK to the sea!

ain't science grand?!
I see you capsulized "BACK"
Did that kill the pinky?

Location hidden

#75235 Feb 10, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>that is incorrect. the Serbs wanted to keep their christian othodox state alive. as they had against ottoman rule. the Croats were catholics that didn't want to be ruled by the christian orthodxy.

where did you hear the mulims there were alquada style terrorists?

for some good intel on the area , read the book "Balkan Ghosts" by Robert Kaplan.

or just goolge if you want to become moderately informed...
I see you capitalized "Balkan Ghosts" by Robert Kaplan."

How's the pinky?

Location hidden

#75236 Feb 10, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>no, this is fact.

Prove that the flying Spaghetti monster didn't create the heavens and the Earth.

pray RAmen....

are you saying that the FSMis the real ruler of the universe? why can't you prove he doesn't exist?!?!

Heathen Blasphemer!(BODY SNATCHERS NOISE>>>>> >>>)

you cult members are so freakin' funny!
I see you capitalized "FSM" and "Heathen Blasphemer!(BODY SNATCHERS NOISE"

Pinky doing ok?

Location hidden

#75237 Feb 10, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>you mean the FSM..the one you can't prove exists...

bow down anss pray to the god of your world...the Flying Spaghetti Monster!
I see you capitalized "FSM" and your god the Flying Spaghetti Monster

Pinky still bothering you?

Location hidden

#75238 Feb 10, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>But! a few years ago when the US state of Georgia was suffering a really bad drought, the Governor had a statewide day of prayer for rain...(what a tool!) well, of course, it didn't work, but the nest year they did have massive flooding!

i might almost take that as proof of the god of the bible as in that book he is a real prick also...
I see you capitalized "But" & "US" & "Georgia" & "Governor"

Pinky still hanging in there?

"Indeed, it would be rather juvenile to misspell God simply in order to insult theists. If such an atheist had so little respect for another person, why even waste the time writing to them in the first place, much less deliberately trying to hurt them at the same time? While that may actually be the case with some atheists who write the word 'god' with a lowercase 'g,' "

http://atheism.about.com/od/doesgodexist/a/ca...

"The use of capitalization, as for a proper noun, has persisted to disambiguate the concept of a singular God, specifically the Christian God, from pagan deities for which lower case god has continued to be applied, mirroring the use of Latin deus. Pronouns referring to God are also often capitalized and are traditionally in the masculine gender, i.e. "He", "Him", "His" etc.[12][13] However, some people have referred to God in feminine terms, such as "She" and "Her". "

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/God_ (word)

"god-– Lowercase this when used as a prefix. Examples: godchild, goddaughter, godfather, godlike, godliness, godmother, godsend, godson, godspeed. Do not hyphenate
gods and goddesses – Capitalize God and similar names of the deity of a monotheistic religion: Allah, God, God the Father, Holy Ghost, Holy Spirit, Jehovah, Jesus Christ, the Redeemer, the Son of God, the Son of Man, Yahweh. Lowercase the personal pronouns he, him, thee, they, thou, who, whose, in references to monotheistic deities. Lowercase gods andgoddesses in references to the deities of polytheistic religions, but capitalize formal names. Lowercase god in references to false gods. He made money her god."

http://www.gcsu.edu/communications/g.htm

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#75239 Feb 10, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Only baseless assertions.
You are indeed clueless.
Now you're getting it!

They're exactly the same baseless assertions that you have!
ZACKLY

Pass Christian, MS

#75240 Feb 11, 2013
KandaDogon wrote:
The problem with Christians, is that their try to humanized God,how can a creator looks like his creature?if you look at the univers, his unbelievable immensity its a message and sign to you that Gog is infinitely immense,transcendant,he is not part of the Univers,he doesnt looks like anything,no one can imagine how he realy looks like,he is not physic but he creat the physic,he is not a light, he creat the light,nothing you can imagine lokks like him , he is infinitely great He is the:
God;The All Beneficent;The Most Merciful;The King, The Sovereign;The Most Holy;Peace and Blessing;The Guarantor;The Guardian, the Preserver;The Almighty, the Self Sufficient;The Powerful, the Irresistible;The Tremendous;The Creator;The Maker;The Fashioner of Forms;The Ever Forgiving;The All Compelling Subduer;The Bestower;The Ever Providing;The Opener, the Victory Giver;he All Knowing, the Omniscient;The Restrainer, the Straightener;The Expander, the Munificent;The Abaser;The Exalter;The Giver of Honor;The Giver of Dishonor;The All Hearing;The All Seeing;The Judge, the Arbitrator;The Utterly Just;The Subtly Kind;The All Aware;The Forbearing, the Indulgent;The Magnificent, the Infinite;The All Forgiving;The Grateful;The Sublimely Exalted;The Great;The Preserver;The NourisherThe ReckonerThe MajesticThe Bountiful, the GenerousThe WatchfulThe Responsive, the AnswererThe Vast, the All EncompassingThe WiseThe Loving, the Kind OneThe All Glorious The Raiser of the DeadThe WitnessThe Truth, the RealThe Trustee, the DependableThe StrongThe Firm, the SteadfastThe Protecting Friend, Patron, and HelperThe All PraiseworthyThe Accounter, the Numberer of AllThe Producer, Originator, and Initiator of allThe Reinstater Who Brings Back AllThe Giver of Life The Bringer of Death, the DestroyerThe Ever LivingThe Self Subsisting Sustainer of AllThe Perceiver, the Finder, the UnfailingThe Illustrious, the MagnificentThe One, the All Inclusive, the IndivisibleThe One, the UniqueThe Long, the Impregnable, the EverlastingThe All AbleThe All Determiner, the DominantThe Expediter, He who brings forwardThe Delayer, He who puts far away The FirstThe LastThe Manifest; the All VictoriousThe Hidden; the All Encompassing;The Patron ;The Self Exalted;The Most Kind and Righteous;The Ever Returning, Ever Relenting;The Avenger;The Pardoner, the Effacer of Sin;sThe Compassionate, the All Pitying;The Owner of All Sovereignty;The Lord of Majesty and Generosity;The Equitable, the RequiterThe Gatherer, the Unifier;The All Rich, the Independent;The Enricher, the Emancipator;The Withholder, the Shielder, the Defender;The Distresser;The Propitious, the Benefactor ;The Light; The Incomparable, the Originator;The Ever Enduring and Immutable;The Heir, the Inheritor of All;The Guide, Infallible Teacher, and Knower;The Patient, the Timeless.Do you think He is an old man with white beard seat on a throne?
It has already been pointed out that the Creator is a Spirit and he does have cloudlike hands. Read the Bible!

Level 5

Taizhou, China

#75243 Feb 11, 2013
Kanda Dogon said:
The problem with Christians, is that their try to humanized God,how can a creator looks like his creature?

Kanda Dogon, I thought you were Moslem.
I thought Moslems believe in the Old Testament, along with Jews and Christians.
I thought the Old Testament said that God created man in his own image.
So I expected you to believe that God created man in his own image.

Where did I go wrong?

Level 5

Taizhou, China

#75244 Feb 11, 2013
Sorry, Kanda Dogon, disregard my last post.
I just saw the post in which you said that the Bible was wrong.

Level 5

Taizhou, China

#75245 Feb 11, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
Bunch of clueless clowns.
There are miracles daily of God's healing power. You or any one else can never deny the truth, never!
So he couldn't answer the question that time either,
so he makes ANOTHER ad hom attack!

TWOM, how do you like being a clueless clown?
Let's start a Clueless Clown Club.
Hey! That alliterates!
anonymous

Franklin, PA

#75246 Feb 11, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text>Typo error:
You have no clue disproving the existence of the most high.
Found a new word to throw about chaotically, eh Charles?

Think!!!$hit! Clueless! To date!!

Charles Idemi: building his English vocabulary, one empty, derogatory pose at a time!
anonymous

Franklin, PA

#75247 Feb 11, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Look before you leap!
Charles, that is the lamest rebuttal you've posted... to date!

How about "Be rational before your post!" I like that!
anonymous

Franklin, PA

#75248 Feb 11, 2013
KandaDogon wrote:
<quoted text>
Then tell me why the suicide rate is so hight in your developed countries?why the percentage of crimes is so hight?why immoraties is so spread out in your societies,why your prisons are full of so many young delinquant?why people are so stressed in your societies
why individualism and selfishness are so hight,why social values are dying?why your children are so spoiled?why your women cant find marriage anymore?why people are getting to drugs and alcohol so much?why your economic growth rate are declining and you tell that, why western countries are suffering social and identity crisis?what you may not know is that the real hapiness and pleasure of life is not reach by the accumulation of material possessions,but its reach by actions that give you the real peace of mind and conscience.if you believe that its the banning of religion that develop the living standart,health,educations..th en tell me why these conditions are developed in muslim countries like Saudia Arabia, Dubai, Qatar,Kuwai...? one of the richest countries of the world.
You realy need to learn more what is hapening in the world as you tell that islam gain most people in poor countries then explain me that:
(CNN News: 1.5 Million Americans Converted to ISLAM in USA)
(100 thousands of muslim convert in UK)
(20 thousand muslim convert every year in Usa)
(4 thousant convertion in france each years)...the number of islamic conversion in developed countries are far greater than poor countries,tell me why after the 9/11 the number of muslim converts dubled or quadrupled in Usa?tell my why? If you look at European coutries:UK,France,Germany,or China,Australia..thousand of people convert to Islam each years,explain me that! Your leaders and visionary allready know that Islam is the religion of mankind;statistics allready admid that in 50 years muslims will be majority in the world...dont blind yourself man,but the truth is the truth
I don't see that as having anything to do with truth, rather, it's public denial of truth. Religions can be quite static in nature. That why you have Arab Springs as much as you have decadence and marginalization in developed countries. Such things are proof of collusion between religion and the State.

The status quo is healthy until it stops being healthy. Then it becomes a liability. People are much like lemmings though. They do things because they fear change. Even when they know that the status quo is harmful, they'd rather keep it and hope that harm will come to others instead.

Sorry, I don't see any one faith as better than another. I just see human nature acting out as it always has. The relationships that one culture has with the economy and their neighbors is the only guiding factor. We are far away from any future "enlightenment" and are probably headed away from such a thing in this stagnated state of existence.

The last "Enlightenment" was the product of urbanization and industrialization. There are no new factors in the environment to push humanity to a higher order. When the fossil fuels run out, we're likely to fall back to a pre-industrial state and lower-population urban conditions. My guess is that you'll likely see a high amount of irrationality come to pass as the slave populations of our culture are free to self-distruct in the next dark age.

...and as usual, none of human events will have anything to do with divine intervention.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CHANGE One letter CHANCE (Sep '08) 4 min Roxie Darling 29,375
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 4 min Sun Tzu 21,383
What ?? are you thinking about NOW? 2014 6 min Peck 452
Add a word and drop a word (Jan '14) 8 min Vector aka Victor... 1,420
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 10 min honeymylove 147,700
Change "1" letter =ONLY= (Oct '12) 10 min Old Sam 3,745
Interesting Quotes (Jun '11) 13 min Old Sam 13,357
Missing posters.. (Jan '14) 1 hr David Morrison 30
Do you have a Topix crush? (Jun '11) 1 hr Mister_ E 6,417
Ebola in America 2 hr Kid_Tomorrow 33