Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 209479 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

#75186 Feb 10, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Lemme guess: "Answers in Genesis"?
Did I say that? Is polydactyly evidence too?

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#75187 Feb 10, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Can't get it can ya?
He always was and always will be.
Funny watching atheist brains smoke!
hardly. he never was and isn't now...

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

#75188 Feb 10, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>you didn't seem to understand them...
Actually I find the books hypnotizing. It really can be a believable piece of information while reading it. lol

But honestly, some of them are really exaggerated to the point that it's not even possible even in theory.

Langoliers

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#75189 Feb 10, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>yup. and no god did that. even your myths say that god didn't do that. yet you know it happened.

it is always easier when others make my points for me...
"Indeed, it would be rather juvenile to misspell God simply in order to insult theists. If such an atheist had so little respect for another person, why even waste the time writing to them in the first place, much less deliberately trying to hurt them at the same time? While that may actually be the case with some atheists who write the word 'god' with a lowercase 'g,' "

http://atheism.about.com/od/doesgodexist/a/ca...

"The use of capitalization, as for a proper noun, has persisted to disambiguate the concept of a singular God, specifically the Christian God, from pagan deities for which lower case god has continued to be applied, mirroring the use of Latin deus. Pronouns referring to God are also often capitalized and are traditionally in the masculine gender, i.e. "He", "Him", "His" etc.[12][13] However, some people have referred to God in feminine terms, such as "She" and "Her". "

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/God_ (word)

"god-– Lowercase this when used as a prefix. Examples: godchild, goddaughter, godfather, godlike, godliness, godmother, godsend, godson, godspeed. Do not hyphenate
gods and goddesses – Capitalize God and similar names of the deity of a monotheistic religion: Allah, God, God the Father, Holy Ghost, Holy Spirit, Jehovah, Jesus Christ, the Redeemer, the Son of God, the Son of Man, Yahweh. Lowercase the personal pronouns he, him, thee, they, thou, who, whose, in references to monotheistic deities. Lowercase gods andgoddesses in references to the deities of polytheistic religions, but capitalize formal names. Lowercase god in references to false gods. He made money her god."

http://www.gcsu.edu/communications/g.htm

Langoliers

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#75190 Feb 10, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>hardly. he never was and isn't now...
"he" should capitalized.

"Indeed, it would be rather juvenile to misspell God simply in order to insult theists. If such an atheist had so little respect for another person, why even waste the time writing to them in the first place, much less deliberately trying to hurt them at the same time? While that may actually be the case with some atheists who write the word 'god' with a lowercase 'g,' "

http://atheism.about.com/od/doesgodexist/a/ca...

"The use of capitalization, as for a proper noun, has persisted to disambiguate the concept of a singular God, specifically the Christian God, from pagan deities for which lower case god has continued to be applied, mirroring the use of Latin deus. Pronouns referring to God are also often capitalized and are traditionally in the masculine gender, i.e. "He", "Him", "His" etc.[12][13] However, some people have referred to God in feminine terms, such as "She" and "Her". "

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/God_ (word)

"god-– Lowercase this when used as a prefix. Examples: godchild, goddaughter, godfather, godlike, godliness, godmother, godsend, godson, godspeed. Do not hyphenate
gods and goddesses – Capitalize God and similar names of the deity of a monotheistic religion: Allah, God, God the Father, Holy Ghost, Holy Spirit, Jehovah, Jesus Christ, the Redeemer, the Son of God, the Son of Man, Yahweh. Lowercase the personal pronouns he, him, thee, they, thou, who, whose, in references to monotheistic deities. Lowercase gods andgoddesses in references to the deities of polytheistic religions, but capitalize formal names. Lowercase god in references to false gods. He made money her god."

http://www.gcsu.edu/communications/g.htm

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

#75191 Feb 10, 2013
There has to be some kind of intervention that took place for species to evolve in some way.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#75192 Feb 10, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
"he" should capitalized.
"Indeed, it would be rather juvenile to misspell God simply in order to insult theists. If such an atheist had so little respect for another person, why even waste the time writing to them in the first place, much less deliberately trying to hurt them at the same time? While that may actually be the case with some atheists who write the word 'god' with a lowercase 'g,' "
http://atheism.about.com/od/doesgodexist/a/ca...
"The use of capitalization, as for a proper noun, has persisted to disambiguate the concept of a singular God, specifically the Christian God, from pagan deities for which lower case god has continued to be applied, mirroring the use of Latin deus. Pronouns referring to God are also often capitalized and are traditionally in the masculine gender, i.e. "He", "Him", "His" etc.[12][13] However, some people have referred to God in feminine terms, such as "She" and "Her". "
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/God_ (word)
"god-– Lowercase this when used as a prefix. Examples: godchild, goddaughter, godfather, godlike, godliness, godmother, godsend, godson, godspeed. Do not hyphenate
gods and goddesses – Capitalize God and similar names of the deity of a monotheistic religion: Allah, God, God the Father, Holy Ghost, Holy Spirit, Jehovah, Jesus Christ, the Redeemer, the Son of God, the Son of Man, Yahweh. Lowercase the personal pronouns he, him, thee, they, thou, who, whose, in references to monotheistic deities. Lowercase gods andgoddesses in references to the deities of polytheistic religions, but capitalize formal names. Lowercase god in references to false gods. He made money her god."
http://www.gcsu.edu/communications/g.htm
Assuming why people do things is pretty insulting, isn't it? you may notice i dont' capitalize many things... has more to do with having broken my hands too many times than your ego...

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#75193 Feb 10, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually I find the books hypnotizing. It really can be a believable piece of information while reading it. lol
But honestly, some of them are really exaggerated to the point that it's not even possible even in theory.
such as?

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

#75194 Feb 10, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>you didn't seem to understand them...
What I don't understand is how something can create itself with no guidance like you atheists believe. Maybe you don't understand DNA or genetics for that matter.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#75195 Feb 10, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
"he" should capitalized.
"Indeed, it would be rather juvenile to misspell God simply in order to insult theists. If such an atheist had so little respect for another person, why even waste the time writing to them in the first place, much less deliberately trying to hurt them at the same time? While that may actually be the case with some atheists who write the word 'god' with a lowercase 'g,' "
http://atheism.about.com/od/doesgodexist/a/ca...
"The use of capitalization, as for a proper noun, has persisted to disambiguate the concept of a singular God, specifically the Christian God, from pagan deities for which lower case god has continued to be applied, mirroring the use of Latin deus. Pronouns referring to God are also often capitalized and are traditionally in the masculine gender, i.e. "He", "Him", "His" etc.[12][13] However, some people have referred to God in feminine terms, such as "She" and "Her". "
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/God_ (word)
"god-– Lowercase this when used as a prefix. Examples: godchild, goddaughter, godfather, godlike, godliness, godmother, godsend, godson, godspeed. Do not hyphenate
gods and goddesses – Capitalize God and similar names of the deity of a monotheistic religion: Allah, God, God the Father, Holy Ghost, Holy Spirit, Jehovah, Jesus Christ, the Redeemer, the Son of God, the Son of Man, Yahweh. Lowercase the personal pronouns he, him, thee, they, thou, who, whose, in references to monotheistic deities. Lowercase gods andgoddesses in references to the deities of polytheistic religions, but capitalize formal names. Lowercase god in references to false gods. He made money her god."
http://www.gcsu.edu/communications/g.htm
so, much snow yet?

Langoliers

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#75196 Feb 10, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>Assuming why people do things is pretty insulting, isn't it? you may notice i dont' capitalize many things... has more to do with having broken my hands too many times than your ego...
Why do you keep breaking your hands? Or is it just the middle finger that's been broken a bunch of times?

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#75197 Feb 10, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you keep breaking your hands? Or is it just the middle finger that's been broken a bunch of times?
face palms from reading your posts? seriously, i was a landscape installer for many years, just comes with the territory....

makes extending my pinkies out to shift difficult.

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Evolution is true.....

#75198 Feb 10, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>But! a few years ago when the US state of Georgia was suffering a really bad drought, the Governor had a statewide day of prayer for rain...(what a tool!) well, of course, it didn't work, but the nest year they did have massive flooding!
i might almost take that as proof of the god of the bible as in that book he is a real prick also...
The same thing happened in Texas a few years ago to governor Rick Perry.

Despite the total lack of proof that prayer works and the many statistical study proofs that it DOESN'T work, they still try to convince us that prayer is legitimate.

This is solid evidence that their God is bogus.

Langoliers

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#75199 Feb 10, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>so, much snow yet?
Looks like about nine inches so far.

Langoliers

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#75200 Feb 10, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>face palms from reading your posts? seriously, i was a landscape installer for many years, just comes with the territory....

makes extending my pinkies out to shift difficult.
Should have left it as "face palms from reading your posts". LOL

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#75201 Feb 10, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Looks like about nine inches so far.
cool! i was having a brain spasm the other day, my chili and tequila party is next weekend, this weekend we had to run down to the cities , it is nmostly rain here. raining hard right now. had @ 2-3", now just slush...

Langoliers

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#75203 Feb 10, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>cool! i was having a brain spasm the other day, my chili and tequila party is next weekend, this weekend we had to run down to the cities , it is nmostly rain here. raining hard right now. had @ 2-3", now just slush...
Ish!

What mess!

We should have over a foot by morning.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#75205 Feb 10, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Ish!
What mess!
We should have over a foot by morning.
winter in the cities is always ish. can't wait to get home.

were you in the cascade area?
Alien Outlaw

Kansas City, MO

#75206 Feb 10, 2013
Cybele wrote:
There has to be some kind of intervention that took place for species to evolve in some way.
".....intervention that took place". Absolutely, they are called deep space aliens. They are the reason for the belief in God(s) and the evolution of all life. Humans like to think they are to smart to be fooled.........they don't have a clue who they are dealing with when it comes to human existence. Humans actually believe in their own superiority......DO YOU KNOW HOW CLOSE WWIII WAS TO BEING LAUNCHED.....EXCHANGING NUKES? The world would be a different place if that button would have been pushed.

Langoliers

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#75207 Feb 10, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>winter in the cities is always ish. can't wait to get home.

were you in the cascade area?
Yup

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
2words into 2new words (May '12) 2 min Sharlene45 5,040
What Turns You Off (Jun '11) 3 min Grace Nerissa 9,093
What turns you on ? (Aug '11) 4 min Enzo49 401
WHAT???? A NEW word game? FOUR WORDS (Sep '08) 5 min Judy 123 45,204
Last two letters into two new words... (Jun '15) 6 min wichita-rick 4,237
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 10 min wichita-rick 20,544
Keep a Word.....Drop a Word Game (Sep '13) 11 min Old Sam 12,177
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 19 min wichita-rick 200,746
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 1 hr Hypocrite Hunter 61,401
More from around the web