Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.
Comments
70,681 - 70,700 of 115,305 Comments Last updated 18 min ago

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#75117 Feb 10, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
you know nothing about faith, or the belief in God...the foundation of religion...by your own admission you neither have faith, or believe in God...but yet claim to be an expert on the subjects...funny.
i certainly understand the concepts,a dn i know religion, which is what we are talking about.

yes, I have studied the history of the belief in god. in many gods. this is where i draw my comments about the cult-like nature of relgigions.

if you can show where my knowledge of these are in error, please do so. you seem to have been trying for a while now and have not done it once.

St. Croix valley

#75118 Feb 10, 2013
Alien Outlaw wrote:
<quoted text>Impressive woodtick57! Just think, no cult told you to say anything. Nice job.
now i'm rethinking my answer...

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#75119 Feb 10, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>Given. where's yours?
Given what?
When?

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

#75121 Feb 10, 2013
Woody, do you think scientists don't believe in higher intelligence?

Listen to Dawkins and Tyson:

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#75122 Feb 10, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>And then there is the divine guidance that told the church that the Earth was the center of the universe. they were told that by god, they said...
cults are fun!
Ptolemaic minds in a Copernican world.

St. Croix valley

#75123 Feb 10, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Given what?
When?
given proof that theres isn't one shred of evidence for any god, gods or goddesses. many times.

where's your proof of your god? why can't you provide that?

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#75124 Feb 10, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>And then there is the divine guidance that told the church that the Earth was the center of the universe. they were told that by god, they said...
cults are fun!
actually, the universe has no center...so anywhere can be an arbitrary center...

The statement that the earth is the center of the universe...is a subjective truth.

The same as anywhere can be a starting point of a circle.

St. Croix valley

#75125 Feb 10, 2013
Cybele wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =qikjljlbTQwXX
i am quite aware some do. why do you ask?

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

#75126 Feb 10, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>i am quite aware some do. why do you ask?
Because you fail to comprehend their logic

Location hidden

#75127 Feb 10, 2013
Cybele wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =qikjljlbTQwXX
(very good, realistic points)

Location hidden

#75128 Feb 10, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>i certainly understand the concepts,a dn i know religion, which is what we are talking about.
yes, I have studied the history of the belief in god. in many gods. this is where i draw my comments about the cult-like nature of relgigions.
if you can show where my knowledge of these are in error, please do so. you seem to have been trying for a while now and have not done it once.
Faith and God lie beyond concepts...

Isa 40:18
To whom then will ye liken God? or what likeness will ye compare unto him?

Level 2

Location hidden

#75129 Feb 10, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>given proof that theres isn't one shred of evidence for any god, gods or goddesses. many times.
where's your proof of your god? why can't you provide that?
When you are tired of beating around the bush, let me know.
Until then!
neutral observer

Lake Worth, FL

#75130 Feb 10, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:

cults are fun!
It did not even come from their religion. Nowhere in scripture does it suggest the Sun revolves around the Earth in a perfect circular motion. The church borrowed those ideas from the ancient Greek philosophers. So the Inquisition was threatening scientists with being burned at the stake for not agreeing with...

That is how truly nuts the church was.

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Tenerife

#75131 Feb 10, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Show me your evidence disproving the existence of GOD?
Show us your evidence FOR the existence of a God.
neutral observer

Lake Worth, FL

#75132 Feb 10, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Show me your evidence disproving the existence of GOD?
How does one prove a negative? Like with the tooth fairy, the greys or sasquatch it is the believers who need to show the evidence. If they have none then what is the credibility of their claim?

Given that depending on the religion pretty much anything can be defined as a god I suppose that if you believe there are lifeforms in the universe more advanced than we are...
neutral observer

Lake Worth, FL

#75133 Feb 10, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>testing of facts is based on imagination? Do you even realize what you are saying?
If Newton and Einstein had only observations in front of them but no imagination... in truth playing with numbers in their heads was far more important to real science than the testing of facts.
Bob

Kansas City, MO

#75134 Feb 10, 2013
neutral observer wrote:
<quoted text>
How does one prove a negative? Like with the tooth fairy, the greys or sasquatch it is the believers who need to show the evidence. If they have none then what is the credibility of their claim?
Given that depending on the religion pretty much anything can be defined as a god I suppose that if you believe there are lifeforms in the universe more advanced than we are...
"....lifeforms in the universe more advanced". You answered your own question.
neutral observer

Lake Worth, FL

#75135 Feb 10, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>you just need to go back to the three way religious war in the blakans just over a decade ago..

reality is fun!(bloody, ruthless religious cults are not!)
Like with Lincoln Milosevic wished to hold his nation together. Was that about religion? Outside of Clinton wishing to win points with the Saudis, Iran and Al Quieda by supporting Islamic radicals in Bosnia-Herzegovina... and that was about political cynicism rather than religious conviction.

St. Croix valley

#75136 Feb 10, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
actually, the universe has no center...so anywhere can be an arbitrary center...
The statement that the earth is the center of the universe...is a subjective truth.
The same as anywhere can be a starting point of a circle.
to be more exact about what the church said there would be tht they said the sun revolved around the Earth. divine guidance told them so...

Level 2

Location hidden

#75137 Feb 10, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
Show us your evidence FOR the existence of a God.
The same old gabbage!
Show me your evidence if you have one to counter my defence.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CHANGE One letter CHANCE (Sep '08) 4 min Truths 29,153
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 14 min TALLYHO 8541 36,033
Describe how you are feeling in just ONE word... (Feb '09) 14 min Nobody 2 Special 6,806
Make A Sentance out of a 5 letter word. (Nov '09) 14 min Nobody 2 Special 29,189
Create "short sentences using the last word" (Aug '12) 17 min Nobody 2 Special 6,875
last word - first (Jun '12) 20 min Nobody 2 Special 6,831
30,000 post wins (May '13) 21 min Nobody 2 Special 1,334
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 3 hr the wandering girl 145,414
Women Hid Stolen Watches in Their Vaginas in Bi... 6 hr szell 19
What's your tip for the day? 7 hr SLY WEST 832
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 8 hr -Lea- 18,631
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Weird People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••