Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#75063 Feb 10, 2013
Alien Outlaw wrote:
<quoted text>The first sentence in the Bible," God created the heavens and the earth". God said that? Or, human imagination did? Just because a story is in black and white with drawings and fables galore doesn't make it real or true. Humans are gullible and easily influenced by others. Products of their environments. Brainwashing is a term that comes to mind......cult also.
Your are the ignorant. Now tell me how the universe came into form?

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#75064 Feb 10, 2013
Alien Outlaw wrote:
<quoted text>The first sentence in the Bible," God created the heavens and the earth". God said that? Or, human imagination did? Just because a story is in black and white with drawings and fables galore doesn't make it real or true. Humans are gullible and easily influenced by others. Products of their environments. Brainwashing is a term that comes to mind......cult also.
Science says that the the heavens and the earth made themselves.

Which is more believable?

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#75065 Feb 10, 2013
Alien Outlaw wrote:
<quoted text>The first sentence in the Bible," God created the heavens and the earth". God said that? Or, human imagination did? Just because a story is in black and white with drawings and fables galore doesn't make it real or true. Humans are gullible and easily influenced by others. Products of their environments. Brainwashing is a term that comes to mind......cult also.
Do you know that human imaginations were the results of science and technology, though it was God's divine inspired knowledge. This is the same with the creation's account.
Alien Outlaw

Kansas City, MO

#75066 Feb 10, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Your are the ignorant. Now tell me how the universe came into form?
BY GODS GREAT HANDS!!!!!!A bunch of BS! Its not a good feeling to admit one was brainwashed, its painful. But, it part of being human, read and believe, simple human. It takes smart, intelligent humans to see past the story and realize human existence is not because of some words in a book. Like it or not, humans were created and engineered by advanced alien beins. Not some Bible character. Not from some monkey DNA. Its a question of what created the universe.....the world was flat at one time according to some humans awhile back.Explain that.

“too hard to handle”

Level 4

Since: Jun 11

butler, pa

#75067 Feb 10, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Bias assumption is not fact.
It's not an assumption, nor is it biased. We are incredibly resilient and resourceful, not to mention having the incredible temptation to just mess with other people's minds is too much for some.

Since: Mar 11

Minnesota's North Coast

#75068 Feb 10, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text>Good created the universe!
Is that too big for you head to absorb?
no, the fact ath there is no v=evidence of any god ogds or gddesses ever seems too big for yours. the fact that your religion is based on proven lies seems something you are not willing to admit...

pretty cult like of you, huh?

Since: Mar 11

Minnesota's North Coast

#75069 Feb 10, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
"the way of all religions are bloody and ruthless."
why do you propagate such obvious mis-information?
it is, in fact, a provable truth.

look at the history of religions even up to this very day. bloody and ruthless.
Alien Outlaw

Kansas City, MO

#75070 Feb 10, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Do you know that human imaginations were the results of science and technology, though it was God's divine inspired knowledge. This is the same with the creation's account.
Lets get this right...Jesus walked on water, split the sea, and turned water into wine.....and then they crucified him.....nice. And that seems true because...? Listen CI, if believing that God created everything keeps you sain.....fantastic. Life is hard, reality is harder. Remember when you were a child and friends were everywhere.....its called imagination....like the Bible story. You feel something is there, now your an adult, your just not sure what is make believe or reality.....its called life.

Since: Mar 11

Minnesota's North Coast

#75071 Feb 10, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> No single shred of evidence can invalidate or disprove the existence of God.
first it has to be even suggested by some evidence.

you could say the same about the easter bunny,does that mean the ester bunny is real? no myths are not real.
why is it after all the requests you cannot show one verifiable shred of evidence that any god , gods or goddesses have ever existed? why not even one shred?

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#75072 Feb 10, 2013
Alien Outlaw wrote:
<quoted text>BY GODS GREAT HANDS!!!!!!A bunch of BS! Its not a good feeling to admit one was brainwashed, its painful. But, it part of being human, read and believe, simple human. It takes smart, intelligent humans to see past the story and realize human existence is not because of some words in a book. Like it or not, humans were created and engineered by advanced alien beins. Not some Bible character. Not from some monkey DNA. Its a question of what created the universe.....the world was flat at one time according to some humans awhile back.Explain that.
Read the bible for comprehension.
The bible mentioned a circular or round earth in the book of Isa. 41.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#75073 Feb 10, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>it is, in fact, a provable truth.
look at the history of religions even up to this very day. bloody and ruthless.
yea, the Quaker and Mormon war of 1812 comes to mind...the horror...the horror...:O

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#75074 Feb 10, 2013
Circular or round earth, Isaiah 40 vs 22.

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#75075 Feb 10, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>first it has to be even suggested by some evidence.
you could say the same about the easter bunny,does that mean the ester bunny is real? no myths are not real.
why is it after all the requests you cannot show one verifiable shred of evidence that any god , gods or goddesses have ever existed? why not even one shred?
Likewise!
Show me your evidence.
Alien Outlaw

Kansas City, MO

#75076 Feb 10, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Read the bible for comprehension.
The bible mentioned a circular or round earth in the book of Isa. 41.
The Bible has been altered and rewritten everyday sense its inception. Humans are skilled at deception. You mean God told the Bible interpreters that the earth was..........If that's what you believe.

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

#75077 Feb 10, 2013
Alien Outlaw wrote:
<quoted text>BY GODS GREAT HANDS!!!!!!A bunch of BS! Its not a good feeling to admit one was brainwashed, its painful. But, it part of being human, read and believe, simple human. It takes smart, intelligent humans to see past the story and realize human existence is not because of some words in a book. Like it or not, humans were created and engineered by advanced alien beins. Not some Bible character. Not from some monkey DNA. Its a question of what created the universe.....the world was flat at one time according to some humans awhile back.Explain that.
The bible might have mythical stories but that is not the point. One must understand their esoteric meanings instead of taking the literal meaning of the word.

Since: Mar 11

Minnesota's North Coast

#75078 Feb 10, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Likewise!
Show me your evidence.
there is no evidence to even bring the idea of any god into the conversation.

If you had any you would have given it by now.

Since: Mar 11

Minnesota's North Coast

#75079 Feb 10, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
yea, the Quaker and Mormon war of 1812 comes to mind...the horror...the horror...:O
you just need to go back to the three way religious war in the blakans just over a decade ago..

reality is fun!(bloody, ruthless religious cults are not!)

Since: Mar 11

Minnesota's North Coast

#75080 Feb 10, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Read the bible for comprehension.
The bible mentioned a circular or round earth in the book of Isa. 41.
you are using the bible to prove that the bible is correct? how fun!

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#75081 Feb 10, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>no, the fact ath there is no v=evidence of any god ogds or gddesses ever seems too big for yours. the fact that your religion is based on proven lies seems something you are not willing to admit...
pretty cult like of you, huh?
This is a complete irony!

Since: Mar 11

Minnesota's North Coast

#75082 Feb 10, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
The bible might have mythical stories but that is not the point. One must understand their esoteric meanings instead of taking the literal meaning of the word.
now that brings up an interesting point about the cult....

Who decides which part of the bible is literal and which part is figurative? how do you know they are correct?(we know divine inspiriation is not the answer, as those that have claimed that in the past have been wrong, so no divine inspiration has ever been seen yet...)

then...we get to who decides who interprets those figurative passages?(same problem with the lack of any proven divine inspiration and proven lack thereof..)

then who decides if that interpretation is correct?(see above)

the religious cult of the bible has been proven to be based on lies and no amount of theological backpeddling or spin will make that not true.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 5 min wichita-rick 28,799
Make a Story / 4 Words Only (Nov '08) 16 min Grace Nerissa 24,979
Things to do while waiting........ 26 min SLY WEST 15
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 35 min wichita-rick 155,465
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 44 min Mega Monster 8,885
Ohio pair say unhurried burglar fed dog bologna... 45 min SLY WEST 2
+=Keep 1 Drop 1=+ 3 STACK (Mar '13) 46 min Princess Hey 7,651
Why do YOU get on Topix? 50 min SLY WEST 62
Lets Discuss Men (Dec '13) 3 hr mr goodwrench 814
BAN(N) the P0STER Above you !!! (Feb '14) 5 hr Independent1 3,687
More from around the web