Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Comments (Page 3,531)

Showing posts 70,601 - 70,620 of111,957
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

““You must not lose faith ”

Level 5

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

Cybele i do care about you throwing any cat of the roof to learn it that trick.

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

MAAT wrote:
<quoted text>
That's the gene for the voiebox, been traced back and pinpointed.
But the more variation and the more SNP are involved the more chance of more neuronal connections being made.
The size of the hypocampus matters (Alzheimer and various. Gene for that also found)
Then the upkeep HFCS really will make people stupid. It crates acidity in the brain and hyperclucose that the insuline can't regulate anymore. Ala and fatty fish fats counteracts this.
I always understood that size of the entire brain is not the issue, but the number of connections and the health of these connections. And one indicator, from the outside would be the grooves. The morre your brains match a cauliflower, the better at problemsolving.
in a French study scientist did however research that only measured the bulk.
the rationale could be this:
The brain scans found drifting IQ mirrored by changes in density of nerves and other cells in parts of brains, suggesting drifts are real changes in ability, not varying concentration, mood or motivation.
Article on variation in teenager intelligence, or why 11y.+ test could actually not be a good indicator. And speculation that this could also be the case for grown-ups. Variation even upto 21 points.
So all genes involved in the upkeep count, and that might be the non-DNA again.
http://cosmosmagazine.com/news/intelligence-g...
The French study.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/science/2011/aug/09...
Genetic difference is important.
So being a social animal, a voicebox and added extra, a bigger population with more variation, a change in diet (cooked food is a suggestion, higher caloric yield from less food) more fish, a change in environment that called for more inventive ways.
Retro-breeding with bigger-brained Neanderthals and Denizovans.
But the start would be with the last split from the simians when big genetic changes and duplication really took of.
Food has nothing to do with it. All it does is affect your metabolism and hormones. A skinny person can be as intelligent as a fat person. Your link explains the brain size linked to DNA code. I'm not sure about that. I think there is something about consciousness that we still don't have an answer to. Being a social animal isn't the answer. What made us a social animal in the first place? Nature and nurture. We respond to stimuli. So if great apes responded to their environment like how we do now, then there was something present in the environment during their time.

Level 5

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
Who ever said language was developed suddenly? Actually there seems to be several different language groups that don't seem to be connected or related.
I believe I have heard of monkeys developing new behavior without human intervention, but sadly I can't remember where.
Like with genes we also find isolated language populations.

And the supposition of indo-european messed up a lot of studies.
Sanscrite is not that old at all. Closer to 150 BC actually and derived from older Indian dialects.
They form one language family.
And then you would get frankly the Anatolian one, since it forms a hub. With even roots to semitic languages. Luvite and Luvian where hardly studied at all.
And they in turn interwoven again with african languages.
Ah well long story short. There is a board that explores such connections. To get to memes that would be universal.

Cave monkeys.

Level 5

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
I did say thousand of years. You think a clueless great ape would invent language all of a sudden? If you understand anything about linguistics, you would know that all languages were not an accident. They are all linked to each other and something to do with consciousness. So how did we achieve consciousness without any type of intervention? Do animals learn new tricks on their own?
See top page...thousands.

the links make the conscious.

Level 5

above and beyond

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

MAAT wrote:
<quoted text>
Good we invented the door and a doorhandle.
For now the cat can open it by making a salto mortale from the roof and by hanging on for dearlife and pushing with one hindleg and the other keeping balance.(saw a funny video like that once.)
I have a cat. And he did learn tricks like how to reach for the door handle. But I showed him that the door handle opens the door. If you put a cat in a room with no human in the room, he wouldn't know what the door handle does without observing anyone opening the door.

Level 5

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
It's spelled "Sapiens"
off-course:)

Level 5

above and beyond

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

MAAT wrote:
<quoted text>
Like with genes we also find isolated language populations.
And the supposition of indo-european messed up a lot of studies.
Sanscrite is not that old at all. Closer to 150 BC actually and derived from older Indian dialects.
They form one language family.
And then you would get frankly the Anatolian one, since it forms a hub. With even roots to semitic languages. Luvite and Luvian where hardly studied at all.
And they in turn interwoven again with african languages.
Ah well long story short. There is a board that explores such connections. To get to memes that would be universal.
Cave monkeys.
If there is no God, what made early humans grasp this concept in the first place? So much about atheist propaganda. We can't agree which is the real God, so why have one. But at least accept the fact that there is a higher intelligence out there.

Level 5

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
Food has nothing to do with it. All it does is affect your metabolism and hormones. A skinny person can be as intelligent as a fat person. Your link explains the brain size linked to DNA code. I'm not sure about that. I think there is something about consciousness that we still don't have an answer to. Being a social animal isn't the answer. What made us a social animal in the first place? Nature and nurture. We respond to stimuli. So if great apes responded to their environment like how we do now, then there was something present in the environment during their time.
Cooked food gives a higher caloric yield and also vitamin absorption per portion, compared to raw food.
So that would be about a change in preparation.
Affecting hormones and metabolism is exactly what that implies.
Fat and skinny are not relevant.(Nowaday however i look at that differently. Absolutely anomalous all those fat people. And particularly why they are fat.)

Conscious is always approached as if it's unappraochable. It is in a way...you can't look in your own brain.

We were a concestor. Some difference in a group of these making the change more premanent.(Chromosome 2) But after splitting from the bonobos it really took of.
I can't recall whether that was mentioned, some parasite?

Level 5

above and beyond

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

MAAT wrote:
Cybele i do care about you throwing any cat of the roof to learn it that trick.
My cat is special and he was not just some random cat I picked. There were meaningful coincidences behind it. lol

Level 5

above and beyond

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

MAAT wrote:
<quoted text>
Cooked food gives a higher caloric yield and also vitamin absorption per portion, compared to raw food.
So that would be about a change in preparation.
Affecting hormones and metabolism is exactly what that implies.
Fat and skinny are not relevant.(Nowaday however i look at that differently. Absolutely anomalous all those fat people. And particularly why they are fat.)
Conscious is always approached as if it's unappraochable. It is in a way...you can't look in your own brain.
We were a concestor. Some difference in a group of these making the change more premanent.(Chromosome 2) But after splitting from the bonobos it really took of.
I can't recall whether that was mentioned, some parasite?
Like I said, food has nothing to do with it. Have you experienced fast thinking with no food and sleep for three days? Why do people fast? Maybe it has something to do with this kind of heightened awareness. But if one doesn't have this awareness while fasting, that person would starve and could pass out. One can strengthen the mind in so many ways.

Level 5

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
If there is no God, what made early humans grasp this concept in the first place? So much about atheist propaganda. We can't agree which is the real God, so why have one. But at least accept the fact that there is a higher intelligence out there.
An appelation is not what it is.
We struggle with formulating conscious, awareness.
But at the same time find very simple rules applicable to what first seem very complex structures.
Bio-chemistry applies. Given half the change the stuff reacts.
By the hebrew tanakh and philosophy it is about everything interacting. Not even YHWH is an island/not divided/seperate.
it was about oneness and most probably evolved from people understanding connections.
And in pre-historic times a lot of love must have gone around, for people traveled everywhere. Amazing distances.

The Gobleki Tepe hypothesis states that gathering round a uniting place, made communities, and then agriculture, settlements and hunting followed (easier if they come to eat your field empty).
The old one would state that it happened the other way around.
Though before the gatheringplace stood, people had been around for a good thousand years allready. So i wonder how solid that theory is.

Mother-goddesses have been around a long time. Tribes would connect by adhering to a sumbol. A vinca mother statue, or a lion...etc. That's how we can still trace who knew who.
And from African tribal totems we learn that each tribe had a plant or animal that was declared protected on their turf.
Even if it was a pest.
Also this would ensure diversity and species survival, but above all, makes the tribes thrive by exchange.
Observation holds a big clue to consciousness and being aware/observant ensures survival.
Ah the other one, empathy also has a gene-related birth.
Without sensing, nothing would go.

Level 5

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
My cat is special and he was not just some random cat I picked. There were meaningful coincidences behind it. lol
Oh good, love you more, but that is actually your cat.;]

Level 5

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
Like I said, food has nothing to do with it. Have you experienced fast thinking with no food and sleep for three days? Why do people fast? Maybe it has something to do with this kind of heightened awareness. But if one doesn't have this awareness while fasting, that person would starve and could pass out. One can strengthen the mind in so many ways.
yes.
And fasting actually gives the DNA the chance to repair itself.
Horizon special. BBC.
Also the absorption improving for vitamins and minerals.
Vit. C another factor. Is actually bad for the brain and especially when people have conditions like Alsheimer and Diab 2).
One big change is that our body does not produce it anymore.
It might actually have improved our neural connections, leaving more ADH intact to benefit us.

Anybody that once picked a cat has a specal connection and story to tell. Funny that.

Level 5

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

Cybele take care, now i'm really calling it morning again.
bye;)

Level 5

above and beyond

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

MAAT wrote:
<quoted text>
An appelation is not what it is.
We struggle with formulating conscious, awareness.
But at the same time find very simple rules applicable to what first seem very complex structures.
Bio-chemistry applies. Given half the change the stuff reacts.
By the hebrew tanakh and philosophy it is about everything interacting. Not even YHWH is an island/not divided/seperate.
it was about oneness and most probably evolved from people understanding connections.
And in pre-historic times a lot of love must have gone around, for people traveled everywhere. Amazing distances.
The Gobleki Tepe hypothesis states that gathering round a uniting place, made communities, and then agriculture, settlements and hunting followed (easier if they come to eat your field empty).
The old one would state that it happened the other way around.
Though before the gatheringplace stood, people had been around for a good thousand years allready. So i wonder how solid that theory is.
Mother-goddesses have been around a long time. Tribes would connect by adhering to a sumbol. A vinca mother statue, or a lion...etc. That's how we can still trace who knew who.
And from African tribal totems we learn that each tribe had a plant or animal that was declared protected on their turf.
Even if it was a pest.
Also this would ensure diversity and species survival, but above all, makes the tribes thrive by exchange.
Observation holds a big clue to consciousness and being aware/observant ensures survival.
Ah the other one, empathy also has a gene-related birth.[/quote]

ah so you know a lot of stuff and you somehow came up with a conclusion.

[QUOTE who="MAAT"]
Without sensing, nothing would go.
In order for this conclusion to be valid, there would be some kind of presence or intervention that took place or the concept of God would not exist.

Level 5

above and beyond

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

MAAT wrote:
Cybele take care, now i'm really calling it morning again.
bye;)
me too. nite

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

MAAT wrote:
A post filled with fallacies that charles applauded.
Poster has not brought one correct point forwards, so therefore the logic in the arguement is lost, and the conclusions is wrong.
Charles:
is was correct implying true because GOD, and inserts various in between.
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>No, no he hasn't. you are delusional.
seriously if you brought these thoughts to any credible psychologist, he would think you are mentally ill.
Charles:
Poor you. And yet there are numerous credible psychologist that are christians. You must really be a sick fellow.
MAAT:
Such judgement.
And such outspoke ideas.
That's a very thin line your threading there.
(Since Charles implies that psychology implies bias, in this case to agreeing with him, if the pshychologist would be a christian, because Woodtick disagrees with his estimation.)
Woodtick57:
yes there are, but if yo tell them you think you are being directly protected by some god, they will diagnose you as mentally ill. you really should seek counseling. you seem mentally unstable.
in between:
woodtick57 wrote (universe form):
<quoted text>i have, many times. no human knows. any that say otherwise is lying.
Charles:
Is this not foolish, and we all know that the universe came into form, this is just ignorance on the part of atheist, because we definitely have scientist that believes in the existence of God.
---
Well they would be scientist and distinguish between believe and knowledge, or the science is bad. But again Charles implies bias on their part.
Well and all of this becomes an unholy muddle.
Charles:
Atheist psychologists.....you arre lying nevermind what you say.
A christian psychologist knows the difference between insanity and sanity unlike the atheist psychologist.

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

MAAT wrote:
<quoted text>
The science isn't.
And bias has no place in science.
So whatever believe is irrelevant for the science.
And yet there are scientist who are atheist and christians.

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text> you just gave why it isn't faith, they do not believe..
I am telling you that atheism and christianity are both faiths.

Level 5

Since: Apr 12

Yuhuan, China

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

sickofit wrote:
I could maybe beleive some advanced aliens millions or billions of years ago came and seeded life here. And set about evolution. So that is only case for creation that makes any sense. But some all powerfull god figure creating things is just flat out INSANE......
That's exactly what Fred Hoyle said.
He is survived by his sidekick Chandra Wickramasinghe.

The Creationists at the Dover hearings made a serious mistake:
They assumed that since Wickramasinghe opposed Evolution, he favored Creationism.
But when the lawyer asked him about his stand on Creationism, he embarrassed the Creationists by denouncing it as "claptrap."

Oh, incidentially, do you know that there is a name for this hypothesis?
It's called "panspermia."

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 70,601 - 70,620 of111,957
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

107 Users are viewing the Weird Forum right now

Search the Weird Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Word Association (Mar '10) 6 min Independent1 15,602
Spontaneous Impulse (Oct '13) 7 min Independent1 1,151
Letter W.. (Dec '13) 9 min Independent1 980
The letter E (Jun '13) 11 min Independent1 811
The Letter T (Dec '11) 13 min Independent1 2,367
The Letter "O" (May '09) 15 min Independent1 3,196
A six word game (Dec '08) 15 min Trouser Cough 17,147
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 38 min curiouslu 140,565
tell me one word to describe yourself (Jun '09) 1 hr wichita-rick 15,411