Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

#74989 Feb 9, 2013
MAAT wrote:
<quoted text>
An appelation is not what it is.
We struggle with formulating conscious, awareness.
But at the same time find very simple rules applicable to what first seem very complex structures.
Bio-chemistry applies. Given half the change the stuff reacts.
By the hebrew tanakh and philosophy it is about everything interacting. Not even YHWH is an island/not divided/seperate.
it was about oneness and most probably evolved from people understanding connections.
And in pre-historic times a lot of love must have gone around, for people traveled everywhere. Amazing distances.
The Gobleki Tepe hypothesis states that gathering round a uniting place, made communities, and then agriculture, settlements and hunting followed (easier if they come to eat your field empty).
The old one would state that it happened the other way around.
Though before the gatheringplace stood, people had been around for a good thousand years allready. So i wonder how solid that theory is.
Mother-goddesses have been around a long time. Tribes would connect by adhering to a sumbol. A vinca mother statue, or a lion...etc. That's how we can still trace who knew who.
And from African tribal totems we learn that each tribe had a plant or animal that was declared protected on their turf.
Even if it was a pest.
Also this would ensure diversity and species survival, but above all, makes the tribes thrive by exchange.
Observation holds a big clue to consciousness and being aware/observant ensures survival.
Ah the other one, empathy also has a gene-related birth.[/quote]

ah so you know a lot of stuff and you somehow came up with a conclusion.

[QUOTE who="MAAT"]
Without sensing, nothing would go.
In order for this conclusion to be valid, there would be some kind of presence or intervention that took place or the concept of God would not exist.

Level 5

above and beyond

#74990 Feb 9, 2013
MAAT wrote:
Cybele take care, now i'm really calling it morning again.
bye;)
me too. nite

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#74991 Feb 9, 2013
MAAT wrote:
A post filled with fallacies that charles applauded.
Poster has not brought one correct point forwards, so therefore the logic in the arguement is lost, and the conclusions is wrong.
Charles:
is was correct implying true because GOD, and inserts various in between.
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>No, no he hasn't. you are delusional.
seriously if you brought these thoughts to any credible psychologist, he would think you are mentally ill.
Charles:
Poor you. And yet there are numerous credible psychologist that are christians. You must really be a sick fellow.
MAAT:
Such judgement.
And such outspoke ideas.
That's a very thin line your threading there.
(Since Charles implies that psychology implies bias, in this case to agreeing with him, if the pshychologist would be a christian, because Woodtick disagrees with his estimation.)
Woodtick57:
yes there are, but if yo tell them you think you are being directly protected by some god, they will diagnose you as mentally ill. you really should seek counseling. you seem mentally unstable.
in between:
woodtick57 wrote (universe form):
<quoted text>i have, many times. no human knows. any that say otherwise is lying.
Charles:
Is this not foolish, and we all know that the universe came into form, this is just ignorance on the part of atheist, because we definitely have scientist that believes in the existence of God.
---
Well they would be scientist and distinguish between believe and knowledge, or the science is bad. But again Charles implies bias on their part.
Well and all of this becomes an unholy muddle.
Charles:
Atheist psychologists.....you arre lying nevermind what you say.
A christian psychologist knows the difference between insanity and sanity unlike the atheist psychologist.

Level 2

Location hidden

#74992 Feb 10, 2013
MAAT wrote:
<quoted text>
The science isn't.
And bias has no place in science.
So whatever believe is irrelevant for the science.
And yet there are scientist who are atheist and christians.

Level 2

Location hidden

#74993 Feb 10, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text> you just gave why it isn't faith, they do not believe..
I am telling you that atheism and christianity are both faiths.

Level 5

Since: Apr 12

Taizhou, China

#74994 Feb 10, 2013
sickofit wrote:
I could maybe beleive some advanced aliens millions or billions of years ago came and seeded life here. And set about evolution. So that is only case for creation that makes any sense. But some all powerfull god figure creating things is just flat out INSANE......
That's exactly what Fred Hoyle said.
He is survived by his sidekick Chandra Wickramasinghe.

The Creationists at the Dover hearings made a serious mistake:
They assumed that since Wickramasinghe opposed Evolution, he favored Creationism.
But when the lawyer asked him about his stand on Creationism, he embarrassed the Creationists by denouncing it as "claptrap."

Oh, incidentially, do you know that there is a name for this hypothesis?
It's called "panspermia."

Level 2

Location hidden

#74995 Feb 10, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text> you just gave why it isn't faith, they do not believe..
It is a two way plug- one to the way and the other to destruction.

Level 2

Location hidden

#74996 Feb 10, 2013
MAAT wrote:
<quoted text>
It's a result of convoluted sloppy thinking, based on introduced bias, and is therefore illogical. Has no logical answer.
done
You are clueless.

Level 2

Location hidden

#74997 Feb 10, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>One cannot prove a negative. it is logically impossible until everything aobut the universe is known.
what you are fogetting is that there is not one shred of evic=dence that any god, gods or goddesses exists. it is not amatter of belief or disbelief, it is that is is not even a question yet.
when you get that first shred of evidence, then it will be open for discussion.
Hogwash!
God exist, that reason are seen why scientist are christians.

Level 5

above and beyond

#74998 Feb 10, 2013
MAAT wrote:
<quoted text>Oh good, love you more, but that is actually your cat.;]
Luv is a complicated word. lol
ZACKLY

Pass Christian, MS

#75003 Feb 10, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
http://autosiphon.com/autosiphon.html
Big deal.
Any tip off in the diagram as to how it works?
Wikipedia Reference desk says this new "SIPHON PUMP METERING" is a cycling system.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#75006 Feb 10, 2013
KandaDogon wrote:
<quoted text>
The choice to practice my religion or to reject it is between me and God,its a personal relation between God and me,my country have nothing to deal with that!everybody in my country has the freedom to be religious or atheist.
In many they don't especially in the muslim countries. there you almost have to be part of the cult.

St. Croix valley

#75007 Feb 10, 2013
KandaDogon wrote:
<quoted text>
Then tell me why the suicide rate is so hight in your developed countries?why the percentage of crimes is so hight?why immoraties is so spread out in your societies,why your prisons are full of so many young delinquant?why people are so stressed in your societies
why individualism and selfishness are so hight,why social values are dying?why your children are so spoiled?why your women cant find marriage anymore?why people are getting to drugs and alcohol so much?why your economic growth rate are declining and you tell that, why western countries are suffering social and identity crisis?what you may not know is that the real hapiness and pleasure of life is not reach by the accumulation of material possessions,but its reach by actions that give you the real peace of mind and conscience.if you believe that its the banning of religion that develop the living standart,health,educations..th en tell me why these conditions are developed in muslim countries like Saudia Arabia, Dubai, Qatar,Kuwai...? one of the richest countries of the world.
You realy need to learn more what is hapening in the world as you tell that islam gain most people in poor countries then explain me that:
(CNN News: 1.5 Million Americans Converted to ISLAM in USA)
(100 thousands of muslim convert in UK)
(20 thousand muslim convert every year in Usa)
(4 thousant convertion in france each years)...the number of islamic conversion in developed countries are far greater than poor countries,tell me why after the 9/11 the number of muslim converts dubled or quadrupled in Usa?tell my why? If you look at European coutries:UK,France,Germany,or China,Australia..thousand of people convert to Islam each years,explain me that! Your leaders and visionary allready know that Islam is the religion of mankind;statistics allready admid that in 50 years muslims will be majority in the world...dont blind yourself man,but the truth is the truth
We have uneducated people here also.

You'll notice none of those are the countries I mentioned before. you know the ones that are the happiest, and the healthiest. you now, the ones furthest away from religion...

St. Croix valley

#75008 Feb 10, 2013
KandaDogon wrote:
<quoted text>
1-It seem you have disdain about RELIGIONS in general,If you said that ~as societies became more educated they fall away from religion~ tell me what religion?
all religions. didn't you check on that? it is a societal trend you will find in most societies.

St. Croix valley

#75009 Feb 10, 2013
KandaDogon wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not American,i ve learn english in high school, I dont want to give more information.But thats not the our subjet,dont try to change it and i am not here to give informations about me
Actually it is. you say you are educated, and that you are free to practice your religion, but how do we know that?

St. Croix valley

#75010 Feb 10, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
If there is no God, what made early humans grasp this concept in the first place? So much about atheist propaganda. We can't agree which is the real God, so why have one. But at least accept the fact that there is a higher intelligence out there.
why would an animal communicate? that's not a real serious question, is it? It shouldn't be...

St. Croix valley

#75011 Feb 10, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
Like I said, food has nothing to do with it. Have you experienced fast thinking with no food and sleep for three days? Why do people fast? Maybe it has something to do with this kind of heightened awareness. But if one doesn't have this awareness while fasting, that person would starve and could pass out. One can strengthen the mind in so many ways.
Yes, i have done that. the 'heightened awareness ' you are refering to is called hallucinating.

i talked to a raven for several hours when i did it, that wasn't anything heightened, it was my brain malfunctioning.

St. Croix valley

#75012 Feb 10, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> I am telling you that atheism and christianity are both faiths.
and you are incorrect.
phaedrus

Leicester, UK

#75013 Feb 10, 2013
KandaDogon wrote:
<quoted text>
Then tell me why the suicide rate is so hight in your developed countries?why the percentage of crimes is so hight?
The differences between developed and developing countries is quite interesting. Check out http://ucatlas.ucsc.edu/cause.php to see causes of death in developed vs developing countries.

You'll notice that those in developed countries die from things like heart disease, cancer, car accidents and, yes, suicide. In developing countries, people are much more likely to die from infectious diseases (HIV/AIDS, malaria, measles) or in childhood.

There is a problem in developed countries with suicide. Everything from geography to town planning has been blamed. However, it is not an epidemic. To put things in context, if you live in a developing country, you are more than 3.5 times likely to die from diarrhoea than suicide.

St. Croix valley

#75016 Feb 10, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Then why are some scientist christians and some scientist atheist?
personal choice...upbringing. lots of reasons. that really has no bearing on your incorrect statement about atheism.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 6 min Hoosier Hillbilly 22,557
Obama Impersonator 13 min Roy 10
6 letter word ...change one letter game (Oct '08) 16 min Hoosier Hillbilly 26,170
Keep a Word.....Drop a Word Game (Sep '13) 31 min Vector aka Victor... 6,354
A six word game (Dec '08) 34 min Hoosier Hillbilly 17,846
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 35 min Wolftracks 149,658
How's your weather today? (Mar '12) 37 min Spirit67_ 5,002
True or False Game 1 hr Vector aka Victor... 639
Goats Milk with Princess (Jan '10) 4 hr Michael 46,093
Reports: Google fined $2,000 for catching woman... 4 hr wichita-rick 4

Weird People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE