Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.
Comments
70,361 - 70,380 of 115,154 Comments Last updated 5 min ago

““You must not lose faith ”

Level 5

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#74771 Feb 9, 2013
http://www.angmalta.net/clients/alan/existenc ...
A SCIENTIFIC APPROACH TO THE PROBLEM OF CONTINUED EXISTENCE AFTER PHYSICAL DEATH
Three consecutive papers.
Alan Baldwin

http://universe-review.ca/F05-galaxy.htm
Summary of the latest studies.
(QMG is out note to self)

http://www.simpletoremember.com/vitals/Christ ...
The Catholic Church's Respons to Our Critique of Christian Credibility.
Lawrence Kelemen
About the main difference between judaism and christianity. And the Vatican's point of view.
Entertaining!

http://www.theology.edu/journal/volume3/messa ...
The Message Of The Hebrew Wisdom Literature.

On John and pslam 82
https://www.3.nd.edu/~jneyrey1/Gods.html
The first christians calling themselves gods.
---
Aramaic peshitta's original did not have 'son of god' but 'sons of the governor'.
The term got wrongly interpreted and than this stuck.

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#74772 Feb 9, 2013
MAAT wrote:
<quoted text>
Well someone with good eyesight and on a perfect night can see about 1020 or some small number.
From some verse we learn that heaven is just behind the stars. Christian thinking and i think it was in christian revelation.
Well what dichotomy would their be between heaven and earth in your (christian) definition of the two.
---
In Judaism it's just a plain with a garden in proper translation near or along a river on the plain=eden. From the Akkadian.
So you would never look up specifically for g-d, there would be no point.
Earth-fertile soil
In judaism the allusion to heaven can mean:
-Redemption, being set free.
-the actual heavens to know what day it is
-A spiritual life.
-the temple and all this represents
and some more.
Earth :
-Bound, formed live.
-fertile soil
-material concerns that take one away from the inner reflection
-Government
and some more.
Babel fish!
Only dead fish go with the flow!

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#74773 Feb 9, 2013
Alien Outlaw wrote:
<quoted text>500 years ago if woodtick would have stood up and said, "One day we shalt fly to the moon". Woodtick would have been stoned. Today if the word alien is mentioned its the same old story, grab some tinfoil, swamp gas, light refraction, crazy people, lights in the sky.....on and on. We are not the ones talking to a ghost(GOD) and having the ghost talk back. If someone says they saw God, everybody on earth would believe them. Its ok, we don't live in the past, we are looking light years ahead....the future looks bright. Deep space is the code we live by!
hardly, outlaw. its just that one needs some teeny shred of proof if you want to be taken seriously...

St. Croix valley

#74774 Feb 9, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong.
Many humans know.
Not one has been able to show it yet. not one.

St. Croix valley

#74775 Feb 9, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Lying?
How can some one lie in the name of death?
I am telling you some thing that happened to me, yet you refused to believe. God is real. Period.
i'm glad you think something happened to you, but if you think you talked to some god, you should seek counseling...

St. Croix valley

#74776 Feb 9, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Babel fish!
Only dead fish go with the flow!
You've obviously never been steelhead fishing, or really river trout fishing at all. a hooked fish always goes with the flow.

See how real world observations help make our woprld more clear, while old myths and sayings just muddle the waters?

Level 2

Location hidden

#74777 Feb 9, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>i'm glad you think something happened to you, but if you think you talked to some god, you should seek counseling...
Another Babel fish!
God delivered me at the point of death, when i managed to call on him, this is a proof of his existence.

Level 2

Location hidden

#74778 Feb 9, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>You've obviously never been steelhead fishing, or really river trout fishing at all. a hooked fish always goes with the flow.
See how real world observations help make our woprld more clear, while old myths and sayings just muddle the waters?
The point was that Maat, what ever his name is, is speaking gibberish just like you.

St. Croix valley

#74779 Feb 9, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> The point was that Maat, what ever his name is, is speaking gibberish just like you.
the point is you do not know about the real world around you. you rely on wrong myths and stories...

St. Croix valley

#74780 Feb 9, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Another Babel fish!
God delivered me at the point of death, when i managed to call on him, this is a proof of his existence.
yeah, i was almost dead for a few minutes also.

you did not die. you were not called back. you just didn't die. the brain does funny things when it is running out of oxygen and nerve impulses.

Level 5

Location hidden

#74781 Feb 9, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>yeah, i was almost dead for a few minutes also.
you did not die. you were not called back. you just didn't die. the brain does funny things when it is running out of oxygen and nerve impulses.
Reporting personal encounters with god or angels is together with 'alien' u.f.o.'s the most favourite attribution.

And on this site it's hearing unintelligible voices, or speaking in tongues when meeting with the indigenous population of evo's.

You make it nice and short. They do not get it.
You explain, since they can never explain what they do not understand.
And then you provide links to sites, that should make some firm DING DONGS in their resounding skulls, but a dull thud would be it!

You can't fix stupid. You can't think for it. You can't read for it. And i think they haven't invented the learning method yet.
On a par with proving god, because he is in your head or face taking the meds.

Level 5

Location hidden

#74782 Feb 9, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> The point was that Maat, what ever his name is, is speaking gibberish just like you.
Therefore i provide links. Click...read...scroll..read, repeat till done.

You claim GOD to actually exist, so we ask proof.
You ignore the questions we ask and so can't understand us.
Your attributions are not proof to us, especially not in a moment when the brain start failing.

Why can't you like Dogen state that you have had mystical experiences and more of these phenomena.
Because you did not.

BUT NO...YOU CLAIM GOD!
Who else should we ask.
We've read the books.

St. Croix valley

#74783 Feb 9, 2013
MAAT wrote:
<quoted text>
Reporting personal encounters with god or angels is together with 'alien' u.f.o.'s the most favourite attribution.
And on this site it's hearing unintelligible voices, or speaking in tongues when meeting with the indigenous population of evo's.
You make it nice and short. They do not get it.
You explain, since they can never explain what they do not understand.
And then you provide links to sites, that should make some firm DING DONGS in their resounding skulls, but a dull thud would be it!
You can't fix stupid. You can't think for it. You can't read for it. And i think they haven't invented the learning method yet.
On a par with proving god, because he is in your head or face taking the meds.
the alien abduction thing, being a cultural phenomenon, not a world-wide one is one of my favorites...

i gues the aliens are only interested in probing people from certain cultures...

sure...

Level 5

Location hidden

#74786 Feb 9, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>the alien abduction thing, being a cultural phenomenon, not a world-wide one is one of my favorites...
i gues the aliens are only interested in probing people from certain cultures...
sure...
yup...
They did notice that Americans are on to them, so they relocated to England.
Overthere they force people to walk in circles over grainfields.

Less invasive, though most farmers would disagree.
go rilla

United States

#74787 Feb 9, 2013
Kong_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Your lack of education on the subject does not invalidate the presence of the evidence for evolution.
Get used to disappointment.
just like your parents when you were born

St. Croix valley

#74790 Feb 9, 2013
MAAT wrote:
<quoted text>yup...
They did notice that Americans are on to them, so they relocated to England.
Overthere they force people to walk in circles over grainfields.
Less invasive, though most farmers would disagree.
and even after the people who made the crop circles came out and admitted they did it, and showed how they did it, people still claimed it was from UFOs...

religious cultism runs deep...

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#74791 Feb 9, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
So by the theory of evolution...wouldn't are distance ancestors be plants?
and what is the evolutionary purpose of "apes" growing flowers?

But maybe, a subconscious link to our distance cousins?

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#74792 Feb 9, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>and even after the people who made the crop circles came out and admitted they did it, and showed how they did it, people still claimed it was from UFOs...
religious cultism runs deep...
You assume that if a person makes a replica of a dog, that all dogs are made by people.lol

St. Croix valley

#74793 Feb 9, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
and what is the evolutionary purpose of "apes" growing flowers?
But maybe, a subconscious link to our distance cousins?
happiness! the Earth laughs with flowers...

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#74794 Feb 9, 2013
MAAT wrote:
Christine M has allready pointed out that E=Mc^2 is the law that governs our existence.
Therefore we are.
Define god as: A source of limetless energy and so would make our existence impossible. E would no longer be defined as it is, nor would we be!

So that definition is out.
That's not a law it's a theory and a failed theory at that. GR has been a proven failure in regards to Singularity's.

A theory that does not work everywhere in the universe needs to be modified.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Keep a Word.....Drop a Word Game (Sep '13) 5 min the wandering girl 5,880
*add A word / drop a word* (Nov '12) 7 min the wandering girl 8,948
6 letter word ...change one letter game (Oct '08) 9 min whatimeisit 25,813
Fergson Police Dept. 12 min dragoon70056 332
JUST SAY SOMETHING. Whatever comes to mind!! (Aug '09) 13 min adopted brothers 28,478
Add a word and drop a word (Jan '14) 13 min the wandering girl 1,264
The ALPHABET Game (May '11) 14 min whatimeisit 10,748
Texas Governor Rick Perry Indicted 18 min Flower-Child 225
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 27 min -Lea- 18,486
What's your tip for the day? 3 hr reebie 794
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 5 hr wichita-rick 145,074
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Weird People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••