Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Comments (Page 3,515)

Showing posts 70,281 - 70,300 of112,792
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
It is. I'll just have to make do.
And drink.
i too shall be in a vessel upon the water...an F-350. I shall drill an extra icehole in your honor...well, wait that could have sounded bad...

“I started out with nothing”

Level 6

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Yankee Yahoo wrote:
<quoted text>
And neither support the evolutionary model.
One, by designing life, you show that life may have been designed to begin with, and denounce evolution. The designing of new life by artificial means can NEVER been used to support evolution, by simple logical deduction.
And in the second case, you are using evolution in place of natural changes, or breeding. CHANGE is the word, not evolution. By this misuse of the word, you can claim ANYTHING is evolving, as indeed it is as STRICTLY defined. Society evolves, people evolves, the president's position on gay marriages evolves, etc, etc, etc.
So, which is it? Do you not see you own error?(And if so, will you admit it here?) Or are you deliberately lying to maintain your world view?
Actually the second one does to the extent that it evolved and is evolving however that was not the point. The point was that artificial life HAS been created and artificial life is shown to evolve.

By creating life under laboratory conditions it shows how easy life can be created and how easily life can evolve.

Aww, no fair! Excluding a possibility from ignorance or incredulity is a pathetic copout and typical of the creationist who does not like the conclusion of FACT. Natural changes are 10 a penny.

Sorry let’s get this straight genetic change over a period is not evolution but genetic change over a period? I am not sure I follow your logic (lol) here.

No error, no contradiction no matter how much who twist and turn. Laboratory experiments show possibilities. Evolution happens, it is documented, the theory explains the fact

You ignoramus, FYI, I have no god to lie for so there is no need for me to lie and making untrue claims simply discredits your own credibility (assuming you had any to start with)

Level 6

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

trekx wrote:
<quoted text>
Totally Agree !!!
And hey you cant argue with that Yahoo, he thinks he knows it all and only what he know is true despite scientific evidence that says other wise...
Cheers

Same as most all creationists then? Never mind, I like a good argument particularly when I know the answers. What Yahoo thinks is irrelevant to fact

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>i too shall be in a vessel upon the water...an F-350. I shall drill an extra icehole in your honor...well, wait that could have sounded bad...
Watch out for frostbite.

;-)

Level 6

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>the King James Version?!?
the bible that was translated for a totally homosexual king that ruled by divine right...but...his god was against homosexuality...but.. ruled by divine right..but...
yikes! the theological conundrums that logic brings to religions...
The KJV, compiled by committee from an amalgamation of the previous myriad of different versions including the Bishop’s Bible, Tyndale’s bible, Coverdale’s bible, Matthew’s bible and Wilchurch’s bible in order to create a definitive babble.

Again

Some of the rules for that compilation were
* The ordinary Bible, read in the church, commonly called the Bishop’s Bible, to be followed, and as little altered as the original will permit.
* The division of the chapters to be altered, either not at all, or as little as may be, if necessity so require.
* Every particular man of each company to take the same chapter of chapters; and having translated or amended them severally by himself, where he thinks good, all to meet together, to confer what they have done, and agree for their part what shall stand.
* If any company, upon the review of the book so sent, shall doubt or differ upon any places, and therewithal to send their reasons; to which if they consent not, the difference to be compounded at the general meeting, which is to be the chief persons of each company, at the end of the work.
* When any place of special obscurity is doubted of, letters to be directly by authority to send to any learned in the land for his judgment in such a place.
* These translations to be used when they agree better with the text than the Bishop’s Bible, viz. Tyndale’s, Coverdale’s, Matthew’s, Wilchurch’s,* Geneva.”

Basically cart blanch to put in what ever juts so long as someone else agreed?

And now there are now more than 50 different versions in English translation alone

The guys sexuality was the least of the problems

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
Watch out for frostbite.
;-)
Watch out for sunburn.(and sharks)
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

Kong_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Bull.
Shit.
What "new discoveries that here to fore (sic) was thought impossible and US patents" are attributed to to your private, little philosophy?
Pumping water uphill by its own power through a patterned system that uses timed cycles to accomplish this was once thought impossible, but it works just like SCP predicted.

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>Pumping water uphill by its own power through a patterned system that uses timed cycles to accomplish this was once thought impossible, but it works just like SCP predicted.
you mean a water ram? they've been around a while...
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>you mean a water ram? they've been around a while...
No,I mean a siphon pump as defined in the community dictionary at Definitions-of-.com .
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

The noun "Siphon Pump" is sometimes spelled as "Syphon Pump" as well and it has been redefined due to new discoveries.

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

FREE SERVANT wrote:
The noun "Siphon Pump" is sometimes spelled as "Syphon Pump" as well and it has been redefined due to new discoveries.
What new discoveries, that water fowing downhill has potential energy?

you're breaking new ground there, Pythagoras...

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>What new discoveries, that water fowing downhill has potential energy?
\

We went through this crap a year or so ago with him. He thinks he has some sort of perpetual motion / free energy device using a siphon.
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>What new discoveries, that water fowing downhill has potential energy?
Hitherto water dispensing itself uphill was thought to be impossible.

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>\
We went through this crap a year or so ago with him. He thinks he has some sort of perpetual motion / free energy device using a siphon.
think he has even a clue as to how much energy went into getting that water to flow downhill? probably tapping one/one-thousandth of it

perpetual in that PT Barnum was right about the perpetual flow of suckers...

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>Hitherto water dispensing itself uphill was thought to be impossible.
Not with a pump it wasn't.
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>Not with a pump it wasn't.
No other pump will pump its self...
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

I meant no other SIPHON PUMP will pump its self....

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

FREE SERVANT wrote:
it uses no moving water to operate the pump?
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>\
It is more in the Renewable Energy field...

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

FREE SERVANT wrote:
Perhaps you missed this earlier...

http://xkcd.com/808/

i would imagine your magic pump will have one of those checks by it in the very near future, right? oh, wait, how lang has it been around already? why no check in the right hand column for the magic pump?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 70,281 - 70,300 of112,792
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••