Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.
Comments
70,221 - 70,240 of 114,907 Comments Last updated 6 min ago

“I started out with nothing”

Level 6

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Yankee Yahoo wrote:
<quoted text>
No they don't.
It shows that many, many species don't change at all. There is no evidence of transition from one to another whatsoever. That is what the fossil record shows.
The gaps are still great gulfs. How long do we need to fill in the gaps? A 1000 years?
Bollocks – You are clueless. You are quoting from what you have been indoctrinated to quote

Although the fossil record shows SOME species that are perfectly adapted for their environment and hence do not change, ot ALSO shows that many species do develop and change. The Langkawi bent-toed gecko (Cyrtodactylus macrotuberculatus) for example that can be seen evolving from generation to generation and the Pygmy three-toed sloth (Bradypus pygmaeus) that has evolved to it’s nutrient scarce environment in the 9,000 years ot has been isolated from the mainland.

I have seen and examined and measured, my avatar is a photograph of a transitional artefact deliberately posted on here for the enjoyment of evolution deniers. So don’t you call me a liar and expect to get away with it because what I know upsets you fluffy little fantasy. That is not my problem.

I suggest you actually try some LEARNING on actual academic material rather than creation.com BS and educate yourself on the subject before arguing over what you are clueless about

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

superwilly wrote:
<quoted text> Rehash? Jesus lived and said the things he did, but the crucial and significant difference lies in his death and resurrection, power over death, power to live. Choose to believe or not, Doesn't matter to me. Besides, if it is "just a rehash", why not live by those solid principles and teachings.
If people knew he was a god like they said he did, they would have wriitten down everone of those things you said he said the moment he said them. you know htey would have. they sould have soaved his old clothes and napkins, they would have sold t-whirts with his face on them.

why didn't ANYONE that lived with Jesus do that?

And no, no-one has ever risen from the dead. Jesus died just like every other human. there is no proof of the resurection, just another myth.

No one ever said you shouldn't live by solid principles or teachings, did they?

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text>Neanderthals!
Another guess or projections.
Human is human and seen is believing.
Ummmm...we actually have the body of a neandertal to study. they were definitely another species of hominids, even using our current, messed up definition of speciation.

WE also have neandertal DNA in us as humans interbred with them.

how fun is that!

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
Enjoy. I'll be off to cruise the islands this weekend.
:-)
Tough to snowshoe there, huh?
sickofit

Blooming Prairie, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Ok creationist says evolution cant be because man and bugs and plants could not have poofed into being because to complex. YET THEY SAY THERE GOD HAS ALWAYS BEEN THERE ..........

So a very very very complex all knowing god could just poof into being but not simple ole man........

Level 6

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Retaliating? Lol
you have no clue, go on with your ranting and frustrations. Like i said, no one can disprove the existence of God, they can only assert(s).
More of your shit, more?
If that’s what it takes you puss infected piece of syphilitic crap then retaliation is what you got.

No ranting or frustration here but you are welcome to as many delusions as you feel best suites you goddidt ideas, because delusion are the only way they make any sense, certainly NOT reality.

E=MC^2 proves that no entity as described in kjv 19:6 can exist in this universe. It really does not matter how hard you stamp you feet, you are NEVER going to change that fact

Now you little puss infected piece of syphilitic garbage, had you said something along the lines of -,no one can disprove ‘your belief’ in the existence of God – that is another matter entirely

You are entitled to think exactly what you want to think, by the same token I think you are a little puss infected piece of syphilitic garbage

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Seffner, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>Tough to snowshoe there, huh?
It is. I'll just have to make do.

And drink.

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
If that’s what it takes you puss infected piece of syphilitic crap then retaliation is what you got.
No ranting or frustration here but you are welcome to as many delusions as you feel best suites you goddidt ideas, because delusion are the only way they make any sense, certainly NOT reality.
E=MC^2 proves that no entity as described in kjv 19:6 can exist in this universe. It really does not matter how hard you stamp you feet, you are NEVER going to change that fact
Now you little puss infected piece of syphilitic garbage, had you said something along the lines of -,no one can disprove ‘your belief’ in the existence of God – that is another matter entirely
You are entitled to think exactly what you want to think, by the same token I think you are a little puss infected piece of syphilitic garbage
the King James Version?!?

the bible that was translated for a totally homosexual king that ruled by divine right...but...his god was against homosexuality...but.. ruled by divine right..but...

yikes! the theological conundrums that logic brings to religions...

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
It is. I'll just have to make do.
And drink.
i too shall be in a vessel upon the water...an F-350. I shall drill an extra icehole in your honor...well, wait that could have sounded bad...

Level 6

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Yankee Yahoo wrote:
<quoted text>
And neither support the evolutionary model.
One, by designing life, you show that life may have been designed to begin with, and denounce evolution. The designing of new life by artificial means can NEVER been used to support evolution, by simple logical deduction.
And in the second case, you are using evolution in place of natural changes, or breeding. CHANGE is the word, not evolution. By this misuse of the word, you can claim ANYTHING is evolving, as indeed it is as STRICTLY defined. Society evolves, people evolves, the president's position on gay marriages evolves, etc, etc, etc.
So, which is it? Do you not see you own error?(And if so, will you admit it here?) Or are you deliberately lying to maintain your world view?
Actually the second one does to the extent that it evolved and is evolving however that was not the point. The point was that artificial life HAS been created and artificial life is shown to evolve.

By creating life under laboratory conditions it shows how easy life can be created and how easily life can evolve.

Aww, no fair! Excluding a possibility from ignorance or incredulity is a pathetic copout and typical of the creationist who does not like the conclusion of FACT. Natural changes are 10 a penny.

Sorry let’s get this straight genetic change over a period is not evolution but genetic change over a period? I am not sure I follow your logic (lol) here.

No error, no contradiction no matter how much who twist and turn. Laboratory experiments show possibilities. Evolution happens, it is documented, the theory explains the fact

You ignoramus, FYI, I have no god to lie for so there is no need for me to lie and making untrue claims simply discredits your own credibility (assuming you had any to start with)

Level 6

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

trekx wrote:
<quoted text>
Totally Agree !!!
And hey you cant argue with that Yahoo, he thinks he knows it all and only what he know is true despite scientific evidence that says other wise...
Cheers

Same as most all creationists then? Never mind, I like a good argument particularly when I know the answers. What Yahoo thinks is irrelevant to fact

Level 8

Seffner, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>i too shall be in a vessel upon the water...an F-350. I shall drill an extra icehole in your honor...well, wait that could have sounded bad...
Watch out for frostbite.

;-)

Level 6

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>the King James Version?!?
the bible that was translated for a totally homosexual king that ruled by divine right...but...his god was against homosexuality...but.. ruled by divine right..but...
yikes! the theological conundrums that logic brings to religions...
The KJV, compiled by committee from an amalgamation of the previous myriad of different versions including the Bishop’s Bible, Tyndale’s bible, Coverdale’s bible, Matthew’s bible and Wilchurch’s bible in order to create a definitive babble.

Again

Some of the rules for that compilation were
* The ordinary Bible, read in the church, commonly called the Bishop’s Bible, to be followed, and as little altered as the original will permit.
* The division of the chapters to be altered, either not at all, or as little as may be, if necessity so require.
* Every particular man of each company to take the same chapter of chapters; and having translated or amended them severally by himself, where he thinks good, all to meet together, to confer what they have done, and agree for their part what shall stand.
* If any company, upon the review of the book so sent, shall doubt or differ upon any places, and therewithal to send their reasons; to which if they consent not, the difference to be compounded at the general meeting, which is to be the chief persons of each company, at the end of the work.
* When any place of special obscurity is doubted of, letters to be directly by authority to send to any learned in the land for his judgment in such a place.
* These translations to be used when they agree better with the text than the Bishop’s Bible, viz. Tyndale’s, Coverdale’s, Matthew’s, Wilchurch’s,* Geneva.”

Basically cart blanch to put in what ever juts so long as someone else agreed?

And now there are now more than 50 different versions in English translation alone

The guys sexuality was the least of the problems

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
Watch out for frostbite.
;-)
Watch out for sunburn.(and sharks)
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

Kong_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Bull.
Shit.
What "new discoveries that here to fore (sic) was thought impossible and US patents" are attributed to to your private, little philosophy?
Pumping water uphill by its own power through a patterned system that uses timed cycles to accomplish this was once thought impossible, but it works just like SCP predicted.

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>Pumping water uphill by its own power through a patterned system that uses timed cycles to accomplish this was once thought impossible, but it works just like SCP predicted.
you mean a water ram? they've been around a while...
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>you mean a water ram? they've been around a while...
No,I mean a siphon pump as defined in the community dictionary at Definitions-of-.com .
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

The noun "Siphon Pump" is sometimes spelled as "Syphon Pump" as well and it has been redefined due to new discoveries.

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

FREE SERVANT wrote:
The noun "Siphon Pump" is sometimes spelled as "Syphon Pump" as well and it has been redefined due to new discoveries.
What new discoveries, that water fowing downhill has potential energy?

you're breaking new ground there, Pythagoras...

Level 8

Seffner, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>What new discoveries, that water fowing downhill has potential energy?
you're breaking new ground there, Pythagoras...
\

We went through this crap a year or so ago with him. He thinks he has some sort of perpetual motion / free energy device using a siphon.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 3 min Princess Hey 144,973
TOO Gay *}?{* 6 min Perversion Person... 1
What's your tip for the day? 14 min reebie 770
Texas Governor Rick Perry Indicted 15 min Denny CranesPlace 146
Fergson Police Dept. 19 min reebie 271
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 25 min -Lea- 18,262
Words or names starting and ending with the sam... 29 min Nobody 2 Special 203
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 35 min A TROLL NAMED SLACK 35,941
•••
Enter and win $5000