Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Comments (Page 3,511)

Showing posts 70,201 - 70,220 of111,841
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>halfway tween...yeah we need snow the deeper the better, the colder the better....
Sunday were getting another foot!

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Oh!
You are forgetting the words, " image and likeness".
Ants or other creations, except humans are not created in the image and likeness of God.
So god created intelligent, feeling creatures and then abondons them for eternity? wow hes even more of a prick than the bible makes him out to be...sad..very sad.

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Oh!
You are forgetting the words, " image and likeness".
Ants or other creations, except humans are not created in the image and likeness of God.
how 'bout the Neandertals?

oh that's right hominids on the Earth at the same time as humans, but your god didn't create them...hmmm

Were they created by the other gods that your jealous god mentioned ?

“Somewhere in time...”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>your logic is faulty.
i am a living, breathing thing, which we know are capable of intelligence. inanimate objects are not. because i am part of a larger inanimate object does not give that object intelligence.
Do your toenail clippings have intelligence? no.
you do not get to make up stuff and say that is a fact...
So me saying you are part of the Universe, and a process of the Universe is making stuff up?

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
http://atheism.about.com/od/doesgodexist/a/ca...
"Indeed, it would be rather juvenile to misspell God simply in order to insult theists. If such an atheist had so little respect for another person, why even waste the time writing to them in the first place, much less deliberately trying to hurt them at the same time? "
I'm not trying to insult anyone. don't expect me to refer to your god as divine just because you believe he is.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>the evidence points to hominids branching off the great apes line 9 or both of us branching off a common line, to be more correct.)

but it is a fact that humans did not come from two created beings, and certainly not two genetically identical beings, both are physically impossible...we know that didn't happen.
Ya much more likely that we came from one single cell, a self life generating cell. A cell that self life generated when all there was on the planet was rocks and rain.

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
http://atheism.about.com/od/doesgodexist/a/ca...
"Indeed, it would be rather juvenile to misspell God simply in order to insult theists. If such an atheist had so little respect for another person, why even waste the time writing to them in the first place, much less deliberately trying to hurt them at the same time? "
Wouldn't assuming to know why other people do things be considered a tad smug. why should anyone waste their time with someone like that? would you?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>since it is a generic consept, no, it shouldn't.
That's incorrect. When talking of an omni point God as in the one in the Bible or Quran or Torah then God should be capitalized.

Look it up you'll see.
Here straight from an atheist web page

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Ya much more likely that we came from one single cell, a self life generating cell. A cell that self life generated when all there was on the planet was rocks and rain.
there are amino acids in space. sorry charlie..again, research, then post.

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
That's incorrect. When talking of an omni point God as in the one in the Bible or Quran or Torah then God should be capitalized.
Look it up you'll see.
Here straight from an atheist web page
You may think one should do that. go ahead. i'm not stopping you.
alan

Kansas City, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

woodtick 57 wrote:
<quoted text>what question did you ask me?
if it took this long for stars to create and planets to amass enough heavy metals to be minable and refinable..why would you think there are so many more advanced civilizations than us?
please elaborate on your incredibly vague answer of "experience"...
Does not matter, the human mind is already made its decision. Creation or evolution, two choices....pretty sad. If you knew of a third choice could you accept it....Does your mind have the capability to handle the truth? Most humans do not. It takes comprehension beyond current human levels.Reading and thought are tied together.Regurgitating info you hear or read is natural, being able to think beyond that is exceptional.

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
So me saying you are part of the Universe, and a process of the Universe is making stuff up?
No, saying i can't have intelligence because i am part of the universe is making stuff up./

saying that because living beings in the universe have intelligence means the universe has intelligence is making stuff up.
inanimate objects do not have intelligence.

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Sunday were getting another foot!
On the coast? if they';re calling for a foot onthe shore, we'll get over two up in the hills.

sadly, i shall still be in the Brainerd area, leaving my neighbor to do all the plowing...

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

alan wrote:
<quoted text>Does not matter, the human mind is already made its decision. Creation or evolution, two choices....pretty sad. If you knew of a third choice could you accept it....Does your mind have the capability to handle the truth? Most humans do not. It takes comprehension beyond current human levels.Reading and thought are tied together.Regurgitating info you hear or read is natural, being able to think beyond that is exceptional.
Actually, the theory of evolution in no way, shape, or form attempts to discuss how life came about.

i would be open to any idea about how life started if you had something to back it up with...

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
God would be denied even with overwhelming scientific evidence.
(admitted by more than one evolutionist on this forum.)
So the request is a little redundant, don't ya think?
And of course the reverse is true. We have the proof and yet the creationists just ignore it and fight on, refusing to use reason and logic....sad.

“Somewhere in time...”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Such an apparent simple process, that science still can't duplicate with all their technological advances...it's not that their not trying...this is the holy grail of science, in which they have frantically been working on day and night for probably over a half of a century now.

"Whoever undertakes to set himself up as a judge of Truth and Knowledge is shipwrecked by the laughter of the gods."

Albert Einstein

(lol)

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Such an apparent simple process, that science still can't duplicate with all their technological advances...it's not that their not trying...this is the holy grail of science, in which they have frantically been working on day and night for probably over a half of a century now.
"Whoever undertakes to set himself up as a judge of Truth and Knowledge is shipwrecked by the laughter of the gods."
Albert Einstein
(lol)
Sounds lik e he was talking about you...

you should stick to things that can be proven. this is what he was saying...din't you get that?

“Somewhere in time...”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>No, saying i can't have intelligence because i am part of the universe is making stuff up./
saying that because living beings in the universe have intelligence means the universe has intelligence is making stuff up.
inanimate objects do not have intelligence.
So your saying that your not an intelligent part of the universe...

Ok...I'm starting to buy this at this point.
Holy Ghost

Kansas City, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Prove no God.
Humans have two choices: Creation or evolution.....pretty sad. There is a third more credible choice.Most humans comprehension levels will not allow such thoughts to permeate their already made up worlds. The God seed has been planted, the bones have been found.....must be true, must be all there is to human existence.........To many galaxies to count.........more to life than humans can comprehend.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>Wouldn't assuming to know why other people do things be considered a tad smug. why should anyone waste their time with someone like that? would you?
The question should be "am I?"

:)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 70,201 - 70,220 of111,841
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••